Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,498 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! (53594 Views)

I'm Being Offered Free Sèx And I'm Scared / No Sex Before Marriage ( I'm Taking A Break) / He Forcefully Took My Virginity, Wants Marriage. I'm Hurting. What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Liposure: 1:17am On Nov 10, 2020
CalabarPikin:

Singlehood is the surest.....as a guy... I've bn thinking of having bby mama instead of getting married...just give me d child and find ur way..simple...
lol its a sin
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Palmyra: 1:30am On Nov 10, 2020
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by milann: 1:37am On Nov 10, 2020
friday2011:

grin grin yes, you have stayed too long... Lo mu oko wale.
oshi do awon oko nla. kotiya

1 Like

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by milann: 1:39am On Nov 10, 2020
Palmyra:
So me wey I be over 40 still struggling, e don red for me be dat o, if you dey complain at 29, I've heard more than enough but hey, I can't kill myself no lady want to settle with a struggling dude, all they want is already made man, we go suffer am together!
baba you try. Atleast you get babymama
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Palmyra: 1:49am On Nov 10, 2020
Nothing like babymama I be complete single for real!
milann:
baba you try. Atleast you get babymama
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Torie8(f): 1:54am On Nov 10, 2020
CosmicPhoenix:
Stay single
Why are you body shaming women
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Mrscarter(f): 2:09am On Nov 10, 2020
SatisfyOG:
This is becoming irritating, for crying out loud.

When I go visiting a family or old neighbours. They'll be asking questions like:

Why are you not married yet?

You are getting old oo!

Time is going, do fast!

And many other words like these...

I mean, will they be there to feed my family when I'm into the marriage? I don't know why Africa is so obsessed with marriage of a thing.

For crying out loud, I'll be just 29.

The numbers of married men disturbing me for financial assistance daily ehn. That's a turn off to get married soon.

Your opinion please.

U only have one life so live it the way that makes U happy yeah. Marry whenever Ur ready don't worry bout wat others think
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Originalsly: 4:31am On Nov 10, 2020
SatisfyOG:

When people irritate you...... irritate them back. Tell them you have somebody.... but you don't think you're ready for introduction. They will be on your neck to see who it is. Get/pay someone.... who is against everything they expect..... from another religion...tribe... poor.... dropped out of primary school.... or you can say she's a reformed prostitute.... that you been discussing marriage on June 1. Profess how much you love her... let them beg and beg you to drop her..... I guarantee they will never irritate you again...... ever.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by 21cents: 5:20am On Nov 10, 2020
bluefilm:

In that case, I suggest that women should start marrying themselves.
LOL grin
So bad my babe is feeling fly with herself cos she fine. She no know say the % of men wey gallant dey very small and thus they'd want to go for someone that's better than her. Wahala for girl wey think say only beauty is enough to get you a high class Man (rich).
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by 21cents: 5:25am On Nov 10, 2020
tomdon:
Shey your landlady never tell you how she wants to be hearing sound of crying baby from your own apartment too grin
lol. Aproko landlady. When bills tight after baby come finish and I no fit pay her rent, she go still pursue me commot.
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by 21cents: 5:39am On Nov 10, 2020
Raalsalghul:

You are wise.
he's very wise I tell ya.
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by favour32(m): 6:01am On Nov 10, 2020
Na 9ja matter.
I nor dey usually dey follow follow because many talk am.
One of the unpleasant things for 9ja, na to start to born pikin for old age.
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by lwsquotes: 6:10am On Nov 10, 2020
SatisfyOG:

When I go visiting a family or old neighbours. They'll be asking questions like:

You are getting old oo!

Time is going, do fast!

https://lwsquotes.com/thick-girl-quotes-unique

I mean, will they be there to feed my family when I'm into the marriage? I don't know why Africa is so obsessed with marriage of a thing.

The numbers of married men disturbing me for financial assistance daily ehn. That's a turn off to get married soon.

Your opinion please.

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by lwsquotes: 6:12am On Nov 10, 2020
Draught:
It's a Nigerian thing, don't be too stressed up about it.. Sometimes it's more like small talk..

Marry when your mind tell you it's time and believe me it will.. even if it's at 40..

Cos las Las na you and your spouse go dey the thing forever no be society go be with una..

And if you're a guy, please make sure you really really are ready.. Cos it's you most responsibilities will fall on not the woman..so take your time..

Anytime your relatives or friends make those statements, just be jovial with them and say you dey look oh but e no easy.. smiley

You can also seek candid advice from your father or other married men concerning the institution called Marriage..

https://lwsquotes.com/cute-girly-quotes-status

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Purplebubble: 6:20am On Nov 10, 2020
AlphaMajestic:

���...so you have the time to go check my profile...thunder fire ur mama..i think u better shut up for ur own good...dirty animal
make that thunder fire you, your mama, papa, siblings and your useless generation. Foolish pig, no go find work do.. Sense you no get, you're brain dead. With your maggot infested mouth. Zombie
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by frozen70(f): 6:34am On Nov 10, 2020
SatisfyOG:

You are getting old oo!

Time is going, do fast!

Your opinion please.

I will consider that age a young age to get married unless you are from a rich home

Never the less, start working towards it and don't let any one push you there

But at the same time, you can never have the time to come to your hands to do that, you can only plan towards that
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Vulcan24(m): 7:02am On Nov 10, 2020
nedekid:

Buhari APC is working hard to impoverished Nigerians.
Bro, ppl don't know that this is famine
Gradually food is dissappearing

2 Likes

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by LINTUNE(m): 7:18am On Nov 10, 2020
pocohantas:

Your lifestyles be killing you men. Stop taking tramadol to fûck someone’s future wife in your youth. Stop gulping excess alcohol. Stop driving like mad people- no be bad thing to drive like woman. Exercise and trim your afo beer!

Do all this (and more), you won’t need someone’s daughter to prepare wheat and ugu without oil for you in your 50s.
lol..this woman, ur wahala excess, why not try and get his point first...look at the western world, tell me, which gender enjoys marriage the most?, look at africa, tell me the gender that enjoys marriage the most...i know in some parts of asia, men benefit more from marriage, but lets be frank, generally it is the famale folks that benefit more from marriage...dont let ur emotions cloud ur judgment..
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by TrebleChamp(m): 7:19am On Nov 10, 2020
SatisfyOG:

You are getting old oo!

Time is going, do fast!

Your opinion please.
You are just 29? Wait until you are 50 then....
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by banio: 7:39am On Nov 10, 2020
SatisfyOG:

You are getting old oo!

Time is going, do fast!

Your opinion please.

I think you are financially stable, that's why they are pressurizing You. Anyways, the right time to marry in this world is when You are REALLY ready and have been schooled in marriage. Marriage to some is a big burden while to the lucky ones is a bliss.
Good luck
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by frankobobby(m): 7:49am On Nov 10, 2020
If possible I wish to marry before 25.
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by AlphaMajestic: 8:04am On Nov 10, 2020
Purplebubble:
make that thunder fire you, your mama, papa, siblings and your useless generation. Foolish pig, no go find work do.. Sense you no get, you're brain dead. With your maggot infested mouth. Zombie

you are just plain stupid
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by ekaF(f): 8:25am On Nov 10, 2020
poweredcom:
Marry for dis Nigeria wey poverty don cast everywhere and most naija gals are now oloshos ...I fact it's not even poverty that is not making me to not get a real relationship it's how most naija gals are ..their prostitution ways no be here

So I don't trust many of Dem at all... especially the new age ones with andriod and iphone generation . They know pass you ..that is a man and they are all I to feminism somehow

Just try get one babe pregnant and from there carry on ..her matta

That's great.
The early formative years of a child's life is very important.
Can you trust these "New age babes with Android and iPhone" to raise your children?
How would you ensure that your kids (especially boys) are raised in a proper environment and not in a an 'Olosho household'

1 Like

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Raalsalghul: 8:56am On Nov 10, 2020
lwsquotes:

https://lwsquotes.com/cute-girly-quotes-status

When a Nigerian lady tells you about her problems, she needs money.

Don't get it twisted.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Divoc19(f): 9:22am On Nov 10, 2020
For those of you thinking there's love in marriage. BiG LiE. Love wEArs oUt only BOND keeps a marriage

*Find a brother or sister that is also ready to get married.

*Discuss your likes and dislikes

*Decide if you can work together in the marriage union

*Remove greed, plan, work and save for your marriage...some people are slow to actions and that may make them look weak. So, figure your partner

*Forget looks cos looks dey wash away na character, fear of God and respect for others be koko.

*Then get intimate cos you're not kids anymore you need to check that too. All those non-virgins claiming no sex till marriage night undecided really?

Brothers and sisters marriage don start be that

No one is perfect..
Forget those deceiving you that they are perfect match

Your spouse will definitely have some baggage like lying or having high libido or loving food

It's just one of those things
I can go on and on

My 50kobo advise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Wittyglam(f): 9:26am On Nov 10, 2020
Don't allow society pressure you into anything you're not ready for cause you will be left alone to bare the burden, whether good or bad. Don't be tired just express yourself.
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by SAMBARRY: 9:36am On Nov 10, 2020
MiaBeer:

You don't have to wait any longer, the moment you start getting those questions. Take those questions seriously and start getting ready to settle down. They are asking legitimate questions and you must provide legitimate answers to their questions. Good Luck sha cheesy
of not for our culture and what not.its really not anybody's buisness asking you when you will marry just like it's not anybody's buisness asking you the reason you chose the husband or wife you're with
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Wittyglam(f): 10:06am On Nov 10, 2020
Another thing is ladies ought to be financially independent before going into a relationship or marriage. I'm not saying you should have lots of money but have something doing whether it's little. When you bring nothing to the table than your body it gives rooms for disrespect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu1Q9qmlJqI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by Purplebubble: 10:31am On Nov 10, 2020
AlphaMajestic:

you are just plain stupid
okoto meow meow, keep wailing. I understand frustration has not finished dealing with this fool, lol
Re: I'm being pressured for marriage. I'm tired! by ecomalchemist(m): 11:45am On Nov 10, 2020
Tangiblehandwork:
They want to push you into marriage to start struggling like them,that's Nigeria people for you.them don talk my own so tey, he don even tired them.their words no even get meaning to me.i will prefer a foreigner for marriage than a Nigeria lady

Omoo, na this level sharp las.

Unless the babe na senator pikin or she dey on Bar...Naija women na no go area cause you got pay bills (bride price, upkeep, her family members, hair, makeup, surgery)...the list is just endless.

Marriage is truly a scam..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple With "Massive" Height Difference Share Cute Video (Pics/Video) / Preparation For Valentine's Day (Hilarious Photo) / Sex And Scam: Lagos Sugar Mummies’ ‘Lucrative’ Offers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.