Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) (71971 Views)

Pictures Of The New Palace Of Olubadan Of Ibadan / Ooni Of Ife Ojájá II Ministers At Olókun Festival In Ile Ife [photos] / Nigerian King With The Most Beautiful Palace In Africa Turns 91(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by EdoDefence: 1:57pm On Nov 11, 2020
travelwaka:
If you go back and check my past posts, I do not promote tribalism, I totally avoided people that post negative or Tribalistic comments. I only responded to you because you said I am trying to cause issues. If you feel I posted something that is not true. You can at least correct me. Life is too beautiful to come here and be fighting, Well when I come to Edo, I guess you'd be my host.

No problem smiley
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Curious345: 1:58pm On Nov 11, 2020
whoever is buried behind this door ,was burried with 4 fresh human heads

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by travelwaka: 1:58pm On Nov 11, 2020
Thanks for this. There are many stories regarding this. I will go and read more about the story from the Benin point of view. Thanks. You are one of the very few Great nairalanders I have met. This is how its suppose to be where we can constructively give our points.

Thank you, you earned my respect.

mrugly:

Now, to start with. Oranmiyan didn't conquered Benin(since he didn't wage any war when he got there). The story is this: The Benins came to Oduduwa and asked him to be their king and Oduduwa refused but gave them Oranmiyan (his last son) to go and rule over them.

Why the Benins came all the way to Ile Ife to ask for king( Some of you might ask)? Well, I can't fully say as there are some stories too that emancipated from Benin Kingdom that Oduduwa's origin is from the Benin Kingdom and that he is part of the Ogizo dynasty (if I could recall the name) which translates to the SKY DYNASTY. Legend also says that he was the one who gave them the name Benin because, AS THEY SAY when he got there, he discovered that there ways of life is full of wrath, so he called that place ILE IBINU which translates to the LAND OF WRATH. It is true that he left Benin in anger when he saw that he was unable to change their ways of living.

You mentioned about conquering every Kingdom in southwest, go through your history book again and check if he conquered the Ijebu Kingdom.

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by travelwaka: 2:00pm On Nov 11, 2020
Oya give me your version of the story , we are all here to learn

southsouthking:

Awa���� I repeat Awa. Stop this now if you don't want to be Ogionoba.

Stop saying what you don't know.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by travelwaka: 2:01pm On Nov 11, 2020
Yes that is true oo. Osun is literally in the middle of all the states.

Hindex:

The boundary states are not complete. Osun state is bounded by Ogun, Oyo, Kwara, Ekiti and Ondo states
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by dayleke: 2:02pm On Nov 11, 2020
travelwaka:
Opposite the Palace is the Eruwa Square, once you see this place you know you are about to Enter the Royal palace

Eruwa Square has the statue of Oduduwa, the Progenitor of the Yoruba race. This place is dedicated to him.

Please Kindly follow me on Instagram - www.instagram.com/travelwaka_tours I will be giving out some free tours to some lucky winners.

It is not "Eruwa Square" but "Enuwa Square".

You are welcome.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Alexis11: 2:02pm On Nov 11, 2020
Aksnoopy:
If Ile-ife was indeed the cradle of yoruba race, why did ordinary slaves(modakeke) almost wiped them off the surface of the earth?
If ile-ife people are indeed powerful, why did modakeke warrior almost burned down the ooni palace, sacred houses and sites and the whole town.
Ile-ife was saved by warriors/ marcenaries from Ekiti-state.
Don't be fooled, Ile ife and ooni isn't as powerful as you might think.

Your ignorance stinks.

Ife/Modakeke crisis was actually Ife/Oyo crisis. You know nothing.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by southsouthking(m): 2:02pm On Nov 11, 2020
EdoDefence:

Don't tell me my history, I will speak for my history, not you speaking for me.

Benin and Yoruba were never allies rather had the relationship of Master and Vassal relationship.

Don't come here to spew fake stories

IT'S NOT BY FORCE TO BE YORUBA undecided

Egua tue Baba.
Thanks for standing up to the defense.

2 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Alexis11: 2:06pm On Nov 11, 2020
EdoDefence:

Don't tell me my history, I will speak for my history, not you speaking for me.

Benin and Yoruba were never allies rather had the relationship of Master and Vassal relationship.

Don't come here to spew fake stories

IT'S NOT BY FORCE TO BE YORUBA undecided

He said Yoruba and Benin had relationships and it is easy to understand because of proximity and boundaries. He never said Binis were Yorubas.

STOP TRYING TO FEEL IMPORTANT BY ALL MEANS.

1 Like

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by happney65: 2:09pm On Nov 11, 2020
dayleke:

It is not "Eruwa Square" but "Enuwa Square".
You are welcome.
Awon ti Ife oyee,Baba,I hail ooo
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Aksnoopy: 2:16pm On Nov 11, 2020
[s][/s]
Alexis11:

[s]Your ignorance stinks.

Ife/Modakeke crisis was actually Ife/Oyo crisis. You know nothing.[/s]
You are the ignorant one.
What's the difference between what you've said and what I have stated?
Modakeke people are run away slaves from oyo empire who escaped during the war that almost consumed the old oyo empire.
Even if it was Ife versus oyo war, why did oyo warrior almost destroyed the whole of ile-ife, if indeed Ile-ife is the cradle of Yoruba race?
Thank God for Ekiti and Ijesha warriors who prevented the total destruction of ile-Ife.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Alexis11: 2:20pm On Nov 11, 2020
Aksnoopy:
[s][/s] You are the ignorant one.
What's the difference between what you've said and what I have stated?
Modakeke people are run away slaves from oyo empire who escaped during the war that almost consumed the old oyo empire.
Even if it was Ife versus oyo war, why did oyo warrior almost destroyed the whole of ile-ife, if indeed Ile-ife is the cradle of Yoruba race?
Thank God for Ekiti and Ijesha warriors who prevented the total destruction of ile-Ife.

Lol... Someone is trying to "educate" me about Ife /Modakeke crisis here lmao

Nairaland is really a funny place. grin

Fyi, Modakeke&Oyo were cut to size by the Ife warriors only. Ijesha/Ekiti warriors played no role whatsoever.

You are chatting with someone that witnessed the crisis from 1997 to 2000 in Ife.

2 Likes

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Chinemeremjosh0(m): 2:23pm On Nov 11, 2020
Hmmm!!! De kin charm wey go dey dis palace eeh!! Na only amadioha an co. Fit saparate am!!
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by hardbody: 2:23pm On Nov 11, 2020
marsman:
Most respected King in Africa, we can also call him the King of Africa. i see civilisation + Heritage working hand in hand.
YORUBA LAGBA

I respect him and his office and has indeed visited him (in company of my MD and a few others) but I do not know where 'the King of Africa' title is coming from.

What do you know about other civilizations including sub-saharan africa?

Let us stick to what is being discussed.

@OP

I found time to go as far as Ifewara the last time i visited, what again is the connect between Ifewara and Ife? Kabiyesi told us but I have forgotten
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by toprealman: 2:24pm On Nov 11, 2020
Beautiful palace
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by HisSmileHeal(m): 2:29pm On Nov 11, 2020
Nice shot.... Yoruba Heritage is the best
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by banmee(m): 2:32pm On Nov 11, 2020
Anyone notice the coke bottle on the ground. IN A ROYAL PALACE.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Alexis11: 2:35pm On Nov 11, 2020
banmee:
Anyone notice the coke bottle on the ground. IN A ROYAL PALACE.

You haven't entered royal palace there. That's the grave of old kings.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by extremophile: 2:38pm On Nov 11, 2020
travelwaka:
Unfortunately, as at the time of the visit, the King was not around. It would have been a lovely experience to pay the King a visit and maybe share some amazing images from his Royal throne.
I was in a Zoom webinar on tourism with the Ooni some weeks back and had a glimpse of his palace. I think I have screenshots somewhere. Nice place though
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by banmee(m): 2:40pm On Nov 11, 2020
Alexis11:

You haven't entered royal palace there. That's the grave of old kings.

And that's how you respect such a revered place. By leaving trash everywhere.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Aksnoopy: 2:40pm On Nov 11, 2020
Alexis11:

Lol... Someone is trying to "educate" me about Ife /Modakeke crisis here lmao

Nairaland is really a funny place. grin

Fyi, Modakeke&Oyo were cut to size by the Ife warriors only. Ijesha/Ekiti warriors played no role whatsoever.

You are chatting with someone that witnessed the crisis from 1997 to 2000 in Ife.
LMAO! FYI I am from Ekiti and I know the role Ekiti and Ijesha kings played during that war. You basically know nothing.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by salford1: 2:40pm On Nov 11, 2020
travelwaka:
View of the Palace

The door of the first hall is said to several hundred years old and it is still standing, it also has a burial ground for some of the Past Kings. Back in the days, No one knows where the Kings of Ife were buried. Because they were seen as gods. Over the years, due to civilization some of the old Kings are now buried in the Palace
That is because some of the body parts are divided and buried all around Ife. Some parts are buried in the palace. Nothing has changed. Still the same tradition. Remember the body of the last Ooni was seized from the family despite the family putting up a resistance after return from London. The cult that the Ooni is initiated into as part of the enthronement rites will always come for the body.

https://naija247news.com/2015/08/15/confusion-at-ooni-of-ifes-palace-as-late-monarchs-wives-children-is-barred-from-burial/

Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Alexis11: 2:44pm On Nov 11, 2020
Aksnoopy:
LMAO! FYI I am from Ekiti and I know the role Ekiti and Ijesha kings played during that war. You basically know nothing.

You were lied to. Please discard those unfortunate rumours you heard. I still remember all the main warriors and leaders in that crisis and they were all Ife indigenes. All of them.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Aksnoopy: 2:49pm On Nov 11, 2020
Alexis11:

You were lied to. Please discard those unfortunate rumours you heard. I still remember all the main warriors and leaders in that crisis and they were all Ife indigenes. All of them.

Oga, I am an insider in the palace of the Ewi of Ado-Ekiti. So you know nothing coz you are an ordinary citizen fed with lies. The Ekiti and Ijesha obas had to intervene when the modakekes almost got to the Ile oduduwa and the ooni ran away to London.
Ekiti and ijesha revere ileife because the see Ife as their home and where they all came from, as a matter of fact that's why the kings of ekiti and ijesha prostrate for the ooni when they see him.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by AnanseK(m): 2:52pm On Nov 11, 2020
This is fantastic!
A lot of things could be learned from this video.

I’m sorry I have to rate the reporter very low. He has done his best, but a more informed and more articulate reporting will be most befitting for this recording.

Well done anyway.
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by travelwaka: 2:54pm On Nov 11, 2020
Wow such a rare opportunity. I have seen some parts of the palace

extremophile:

I was in a Zoom webinar on tourism with the Ooni some weeks back and had a glimpse of his palace. I think I have screenshots somewhere. Nice place though
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Alexis11: 2:56pm On Nov 11, 2020
Aksnoopy:
[s]Oga, I am an insider in the palace of the Ewi of Ado-Ekiti. So you know nothing coz you are an ordinary citizen fed with lies. The Ekiti and Ijesha obas had to intervene when the modakekes almost got to the Ile oduduwa and the ooni ran away to London.[/s]
Ekiti and ijesha revere ileife because the see Ife as their home and where they all came from, as a matter of fact that's why the kings of ekiti and ijesha prostrate for the ooni when they see him.

Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade Olubuse (II) though traveled a lot, he did not go anywhere during the period the war lasted. He was busy with many offerings and sacrifices. He talked almost everyday.

Rest bro. You are now sounding like a clown. grin
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by ThatFairGuy: 3:00pm On Nov 11, 2020
Nice one.

Cc travelwaka

Eruwa Enuwá

Obalugbon Obalùfòn
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by Aksnoopy: 3:01pm On Nov 11, 2020
Alexis11:

[s]Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade Olubuse (II) though traveled a lot, he did not go anywhere during the period the war lasted. He was busy with many offerings and sacrifices. He talked almost everyday.

Rest bro. You are now sounding like a clown. grin
[/s]
I am done with you!
Re: The Beautiful Palace Of The Ooni Of Ife (Photos, Video) by ThatFairGuy: 3:12pm On Nov 11, 2020
EdoDefence:

Verify your lies before coming online to spew rubbish.
Benin is Benin, Yoruba can be whatever they want to be but don't try to marginalize us again.
Why are you angry?
He lied?
If course Benin is Benin or did he said otherwise?
That story he briefed is what I've also read about binis. Ile ibinu, ubini Which later transformed to bini.

You have to go and learn your history. He never marginalized Benin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ogun Lockdown: Masquerade Arrested, Cries After Ignoring Sit-At-Home Order / Oluwo Of Iwo And Queen Firdaus Step Out Together For The First Time (Pics) / Nigerian Lady With Tribal Marks Almost Committed Suicide (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.