Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,476 members, 7,830,393 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. (24293 Views)

2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista / Kwankwaso Reveals How PDP Is Better Than APC / Senator Shehu Sani Reveals How PDP Lured APC Lawmakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by Eastlink(m): 1:25pm On Nov 12, 2020
yaki84:

Please during those years of obj which tribe was the Senate president?
Which stupid Senate-President? A major ethnic group boasting of Senate President since 1999 is a big insult. Who Senate-President epp.
Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by LegendHero(m): 1:28pm On Nov 12, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

grin

When you sit in a class filled with dundees over time you will start to doubt your intelligence. That is the dilemma of Ndigbo in today's Nigeria.

We are the oldest democracy on earth for a reason. We shouldn't allow cultures where democracy is alien teach us how it is done. Their noise might be loud but in the end through persistence we shall teach the black race what it truly means to be free.

One thing always amaze me about you Ibos, it is the fact that you are nothing in politics but always attribute too much importance to yourselves and that always bring you guys out as jokers and inconsequential in politics because the players have understood your NOTHINGNESS.

Igbo don’t practice democracy, what is democracy when almost 90% of a tribe vote the same party everytime like they are being controlled by an emotional force?

True political democracy gives the people the liberty to choose among political parties in an election and the ability of citizens to vote in almost 60/40, 55/45% way is what makes democracy strong because the politicians will always be on their toes.

To buttress my fact, take Ikpeazu for example, he know that even if he did not do anything in Abia, the Ibos will always vote him because he is in PDP. That will make him relax and think he can do anyhow. What is democratic in that?

I’ve always tell people that the Igbos cannot succeed in politics like their peers in the majority tribe because your pattern of votes can be predicted with 100% accuracy. That gives your enemies the projection power to strategize because your votes are constant K, so they can easily mitigate against the effect.

What’s democracy when people are driven by emotions? Igbos are the only major tribe in Nigeria that are emotionally weak and that is your greatest problem.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by Moferere: 1:28pm On Nov 12, 2020
nzeobi:

It's an assignment for you.
Baseless
Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by nsiba: 1:28pm On Nov 12, 2020
StrongInBed:

Leave the useless assholes that want to gain cheap popularity with Igbo issues, we are not their mates, they see us like the red Indians sees the white men in 1775.

Moro-n don't mention my name with that useless IPOB mouth of yours
Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by yaki84: 1:34pm On Nov 12, 2020
Eastlink:
Which stupid Senate-President? A major ethnic group boasting of Senate President since 1999 is a big insult. Who Senate-President epp.
Go ask katsina how president help them.

1 Like

Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by Eastlink(m): 1:35pm On Nov 12, 2020
yaki84:

Go ask katsina how president help them.
Leave my mention and ask Katsina that question yourself? The railway passing Daura to Maradi, the military university, appointments and others are what? A people feel welcome when they aspire to the Presidency. And that's the truth.

2 Likes

Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by Nchenches: 1:35pm On Nov 12, 2020
QuotaSystem:

Keep quiet.

2 regions were amalgamated in 1914.

The North is 3 regions like the South is 3 regions if you feel like micro zoning.

You can only fool yourself.

Shorup. 3 regions formed Nigeria.

50 states make up the US. Can you go and use land mass as criterion to divide some US states into 4 and some into 2?
Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by LegendHero(m): 1:40pm On Nov 12, 2020
nzeobi:

Lol, core northern states have always voted buhari since 2003, nothing like spreading of votes to them.
How would yoruba have stood better chances if pdp have won when we know the tribe that Gave pdp majority of the votes in lagos.
Am telling you that SE gave pdp about 70-75% of the total valid votes cast and yoruba gave him around 45 %.
So who has more bagging power.

If I am a politician and a strategist for PDP, I won’t give Igbo the VP or presidency slot because it’s just waste of vote.

Let me explain using SW and SE analogy:

—We all know the SE will always vote for PDP even if a goat is on the ballot.

—The SW are more like the swing states in USA when an outsider is contesting the election. So they can either swing to PDP or APC.

—In 2019 election, if PDP had given their VP ticket to a Yoruba man, they would have won. First, that would cause lot of other SW voters to vote them because APC is already a failing party. Even in the North, a Yoruba VP will surely get more votes than an Igbo VP.

—In the scenario above, the Igbos will be angered coz they would have loved to be VP. But with the right propaganda, you can sway their emotion by re-enforcing the APC is an Islamist party that doesn’t like Ndigbo analogy and you will still win their votes.

—Now you have more votes within your disposal. So when you talk about regions having bargaining powers, it is usually the swing states that are hard to predict and can bargain to an extent.

—If the SE had the number of votes of Kano/Katsina, then they would have been the kingmaker of Nigeria with their one directional vote but unfortunately they are just 5% ers by vote.

4 Likes

Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by yaki84: 1:40pm On Nov 12, 2020
Eastlink:
Leave my mention and ask Katsina that question yourself? The railway passing Daura to Maradi, the military university, appointments and others are what? A people feel welcome when they aspire to the Presidency. And that's the truth.
Is that the problem of south east?
Railway line and transport university?
Bros so u think those project has totally change the face of katsina people and they are happy even at the verge of being exterminated by bandits and herdsmen?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by Nchenches: 1:50pm On Nov 12, 2020
Abokiiss use Yoruba monikers to incite hate and division between all the groups in southern Nigeria.

Gerring out of this thread.
Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by Eastlink(m): 1:55pm On Nov 12, 2020
yaki84:

Is that the problem of south east?
Railway line and transport university?
Bros so u think those project has totally change the face of katsina people and they are happy even at the verge of being exterminated by bandits and herdsmen?
Was Buhari the cause of the insecurity? You and I know it's deeper than face value. From poverty, to education, to unemployment, to mistrust between herders and farmers, down to religious extremism. The north cannot say they don't know the root cause of the problem fueling insecurity in their region. It’s left for stakeholders in that axis to parley with government into tackling the root cause. If you want to discuss northern insecurity problems open a thread for that and I’ll join you.

The same way you have insecurity in the north, is the same way you have militancy, rituals, criminalty and IPOB disturbances in the south. Once you admit you have a problem then solutions won't be far. The problem of the SE apart from bad leadership, is the inability of this country to end the post-civil war stance against the Igbo nation. To you Presidency means nothing and won’t elevate the SE status, but to neutralize it will. It will go a long way in abating the chants of the seccessionist who believe the country still see them as second class citizens.
Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by jagorinho: 1:57pm On Nov 12, 2020
LegendHero:

One thing always amaze me about you Ibos, it is the fact that you are nothing in politics but always attribute too much importance to yourselves and that always bring you guys out as jokers and inconsequential in politics because the players have understood your NOTHINGNESS.

Igbo don’t practice democracy, what is democracy when almost 90% of a tribe vote the same party everytime like they are being controlled by an emotional force?

True political democracy gives the people the liberty to choose among political parties in an election and the ability of citizens to vote in almost 60/40, 55/45% way is what makes democracy strong because the politicians will always be on their toes.

To buttress my fact, take Ikpeazu for example, he know that even if he did not do anything in Abia, the Ibos will always vote him because he is in PDP. That will make him relax and think he can do anyhow. What is democratic in that?

I’ve always tell people that the Igbos cannot succeed in politics like their peers in the majority tribe because your pattern of votes can be predicted with 100% accuracy. That gives your enemies the projection power to strategize because your votes are constant K, so they can easily mitigate against the effect.

What’s democracy when people are driven by emotions? Igbos are the only major tribe in Nigeria that are emotionally weak and that is your greatest problem.
you deserve Zamfara gold for this analysis!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by Maobichek: 2:01pm On Nov 12, 2020
Nwadiuto247:

Why is it that when somebody differs with your own opinion you say he is not Igbo? Tufiakwa.

Not my own opinion as you assert OK, if you go through the comments on the thread, you wouldn't see any of my comment except the one you cited. From comments of many ppl, the Op could not refute the claim that he is not Igbo as stated by many.
May be the only statement you saw in my comment is that he is not Igbo but if you read my comment, you would realize that I stated about 6 positions and capped it with a conclusion.
NB. I don't use foul language on ppl and I'm not unruly type, if you don't agree with my positions, it won't take anything away from you if you don't throw tantrums, thank you.
Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 12, 2020
What is wrong our mentality here,these two parties again?
Our youths, our problem.
Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by yaki84: 2:16pm On Nov 12, 2020
Eastlink:
Was Buhari the cause of the insecurity? You and I know it's deeper than face value. From poverty, to education, to unemployment, to mistrust between herders and farmers, down to religious extremism. The north cannot say they don't know the root cause of the problem fueling insecurity in their region. It’s left for stakeholders in that axis to parley with government into tackling the root cause. If you want to discuss northern insecurity problems open a thread for that and I’ll join you.

The same way you have insecurity in the north, is the same way you have militancy, rituals, criminalty and IPOB disturbances in the south. Once you admit you have a problem then solutions won't be far. The problem of the SE apart from bad leadership, is the inability of this country to end the post-civil war stance against the Igbo nation. To you Presidency means nothing and won’t elevate the SE status, but to neutralize it will. It will go a long way in abating the chants of the seccessionist who believe the country still see them as second class citizens.
So which igboman will they give the president?
Obasanjo made yaradua his adc boy.
Tinubu and co made buhari cos they knew he had electoral value in the north.
Abeg who dey east that can win without being rigged....
Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by StrongInBed: 2:20pm On Nov 12, 2020
nsiba:

Moro-n don't mention my name with that useless IPOB mouth of yours

Terrorist from Borno.
Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by Ayed44: 2:21pm On Nov 12, 2020
Nwadiuto247:
PDP will lose a lot of vote in the southeast in 2023 election due to the following.

The 2015 and 2019 voting pattern in the South East was a kind of protest vote against APC who they see as people who cheated Jonathan out of power. With Buhari out of the game in 2023 the voting pattern will change and
PDP will lose a good number of it's voters in the South East to APC.

2. The rumour of killing of igbos in Oyigbo is another factor that has dampen the excitement the south east have about Wike and PDP.

3. The defection of Gov. Umahi to APC will lead to more defection before 2023 and this will affect PDP. Votes in the SE.

The days of 5% APC and 95% PDP in the South East are over.

APC has more visible projects in South East than the PDP but PDP gave South East more appointments than APC so each of the party has something to compaigñ with in the southeast.

The Southeast is now a level playing ground for both parties.

All this just because of Igbo presidency. Agreed that in the spirit of fairness there must be Igbo presidency, but I would advise the Igbos to use wisdom so that they would not loose their place of honor in the PDP. If the APC ticket is given to an Igbo and the North retains the PDP ticket, there would be higher chances that the PDP will win the election and the Igbos will become orphans politically for the next 30 years.

We need wisdom!

1 Like

Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by LegendHero(m): 2:24pm On Nov 12, 2020
jagorinho:

you deserve Zamfara gold for this analysis!!

I love gold. Thank you for the audio gold lol.
Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by Eastlink(m): 2:42pm On Nov 12, 2020
yaki84:

So which igboman will they give the president?
Obasanjo made yaradua his adc boy.
Tinubu and co made buhari cos they knew he had electoral value in the north.
Abeg who dey east that can win without being rigged....
It’s not about who dey east, the question is are you willing to allow the Igbos fly as Presidential aspirants of the two major parties?I know you would want to bring reasons to why it wont fly. Yet, it flew for others when circumstances stood against them. What is good for the gander is good for the goods? If Nigerians can do it for the SW to alleviate the June 12 disturbances, regardless of how you see it, use the same politiking for the SE. This is justice and fairness. The way the politics of this country is tilted, no southerner can emerge President without the north invest in it. You and I know it as gospel truth. The structure of this country is pro-north that only them can win elections even with meagre votes from the south.

For the Igbo nation, there are men and women of capacity that has what it takes to lead this nation. But are you willing to allow them become President? Are you willing to concede fit the sake of unity and allow them fly the two major parties?

1 Like

Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by waleademolaa: 2:52pm On Nov 12, 2020
NnadyAutos:
Understand that Ebony state is not pure Igbo state,even Governor Imagine of Ebony state is a political Igbo not core Igbo.
Lol.. I'm yoruba but u make no absolute sense, I served in Ebonyi and I can bet they're even more igbo than some places in anambra.. Hahahaha, tell that to those who don't know the east

3 Likes

Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by tsagir(m): 2:58pm On Nov 12, 2020
Arrewa:
I challenge you to post my pictures now!
OGA AREWA DONT MIND IGBOpigs

1 Like

Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by Kingspin(m): 3:00pm On Nov 12, 2020
Nwadiuto247:
PDP will lose a lot of vote in the southeast in 2023 election due to the following.

The 2015 and 2019 voting pattern in the South East was a kind of protest vote against APC who they see as people who cheated Jonathan out of power. With Buhari out of the game in 2023 the voting pattern will change and
PDP will lose a good number of it's voters in the South East to APC.

2. The rumour of killing of igbos in Oyigbo is another factor that has dampen the excitement the south east have about Wike and PDP.

3. The defection of Gov. Umahi to APC will lead to more defection before 2023 and this will affect PDP. Votes in the SE.

The days of 5% APC and 95% PDP in the South East are over.

APC has more visible projects in South East than the PDP but PDP gave South East more appointments than APC so each of the party has something to compaigñ with in the southeast.

The Southeast is now a level playing ground for both parties.

The different between APC and PDP is yet to be seen.

After they join APC, by the time the people need a president, Nigeria will change party.

Persuading the East to join APC or PDP because of the president seat, does that mean we don't have an election in this country but selection?

The issue is more fundamental than politics.
Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by patrickmuf(m): 3:02pm On Nov 12, 2020
The only reason why the South can't stand up to the North is this supremacy fight between the Yorubas and Igbos. Why exactly is it so difficult for you guys to come together and put up a good fight against Northern dominance?

This fight is affecting the South, you guys should put your differences behind so the South can speak with one voice.

Worse off is seeing idiots here on Nairaland who should know better towing the same line that has held us back.

1 Like

Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by victons(m): 3:03pm On Nov 12, 2020
NnadyAutos:
Understand that Ebony state is not pure Igbo state,even Governor Imagine of Ebony state is a political Igbo not core Igbo.
Northern maggot, get out of here.
Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by Nwadiuto247: 3:05pm On Nov 12, 2020
LegendHero:

You are very correct.

Don't mind my people and their emotions. They don't understand

2 Likes

Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by Nwadiuto247: 3:07pm On Nov 12, 2020
patrickmuf:
The only reason why the South can't stand up to the North is this supremacy fight between the Yorubas and Igbos. Why exactly is it so difficult for you guys to come together and put up a good fight against Northern dominance?

This fight is affecting the South, you guys should put your differences behind so the South can speak with one voice.

Worse off is seeing idiots here on Nairaland who should know better towing the same line that has held us back.
Correct
Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by Nwadiuto247: 3:10pm On Nov 12, 2020
waleademolaa:

Lol.. I'm yoruba but u make no absolute sense, I served in Ebonyi and I can bet they're even more igbo than some places in anambra.. Hahahaha, tell that to those who don't know the east

Correct
Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by haffaze777(m): 3:13pm On Nov 12, 2020
Ogbuu101:

Allah people.
Potential beheaders and suicide bombers

Are you pained?grin
Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by nsiba: 3:19pm On Nov 12, 2020
StrongInBed:

Terrorist from Borno.

Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by Arrewa: 3:22pm On Nov 12, 2020
tsagir:
OGA AREWA DONT MIND IGBOpigs
tsagir

1 Like

Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by waleademolaa: 3:23pm On Nov 12, 2020
Nwadiuto247:

Correct
U know Anambra peeps have inferiority complex I think.. So when either Abia, Enugu or Ebonyi are making headway they bring in division.. I think anambra peeps created the igbo denial by the south south igbos due to their inferiority complex

1 Like

Re: How PDP Is Losing It In The Southeast. by StrongInBed: 3:35pm On Nov 12, 2020
nsiba:

He is far greater than even the god you believe.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ebonyi APC Governorship Candidate, Nwifuru, Involved In An Accident (Pix) / Attack Ongoing At Malikawa In Gidan Goga, Zamfara State - Amnesty / Eyo Effiom Ita: Lawyers To Boycott Swearing In Of Cross River Acting Chief Judge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.