Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,607 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python (84658 Views)

Lady Cancels Her Wedding After Bride Price Was Paid, Says Her Husband Is A Scam / Lady Cancels Her Wedding After Discovering That Her Husband-to-be Is Married / Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by blazepascal(m): 10:38am On Nov 14, 2020
Gkemz:

The lady is not yet ready to marry. I'm from Idemili and yes we are not allowed to kill serpent (eke) not snake. It can only be removed with a stick. However I see no reason this will stop a marriage except there's something else she's not telling us.
seconded
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by blazepascal(m): 10:41am On Nov 14, 2020
SirVintageCock:
You are a kid. Idemili does not worship any damn python for crying out loud.
It is the mildest form and nonvenomous python that can only be seen mainly in the rainforests. The ancient recognized it's nonvenomous nature and decided not to waste their time with. Now, kids are ascribing "worship" to it embarassed embarassed Terrible.

UNESCO should as a matter of urgency declare it as an endangered specie before this overzealous religious fanatics exterminate it out of existence.
get ur fact right asshole
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by blazepascal(m): 10:45am On Nov 14, 2020
RighteousSlawor:

Damnnn niggurrr... Praise God! Be a real niggurrr. Im not from any tribe that does'nt kill snakes. But what im trying to say is that, they aren't worshiping it, instead, they are giving it regard it deserves... I wish my people would stop killing this beautiful snakes, and start treating them just like how the people of idemili do.
snakes arent domestic animal dont forget

1 Like

Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by blazepascal(m): 10:47am On Nov 14, 2020
Goziesolar:
its not worshiping it's just respected,as in tradition ...the Australians who don't kill kangaroos and crocodiles do they worship them?
u are not far from the truth
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by blazepascal(m): 10:49am On Nov 14, 2020
Aarenasbaba:
Some dey worship Alligator
na dem sabi
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by DamnnNiggarr: 10:54am On Nov 14, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

See, we agree on a point. Fiancé failed to educate her properly just like you're doing to me now by telling me not to kill any snake I see once I get to Idemmili. However I'm still curious.

What if it is a venomous snake nko? Should I leave it to bite me?

kill all crawling creatures except pythons
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 14, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:
My Village is blessed with an overwhelming number of beautiful women/girls, that's by the way.

Yes, everyone is entitled to his/her choice of life but should be limited to his/ her culture.
If you don't like snakes, then fine, that's your choice but calling my culture weird because of that is where there'll be problem.

Don't, because you don't believe in other people's culture, berate their culture and tradition, that's my bone of contention, no hard feelings though.

Mind you, my village eats all manner of crawling creature(snakes {but I don't}) but that wouldn't make me berate the Idemili of Anambra or Njaba of Imo state because they adore and respect snakes.

No hard feelings like I said earlier.
Thanks for your dear understanding and mature reply.

To start with, our villages are all blessed with beautiful girls.

I also still hold the view that it's weird to romance snakes in a world where snakes are dreaded by almost everyone and in Nigeria where snakes are a symbol of all vile and evil. Even when the Bible made references to the serpent, it was clear on what it represents.

Again, I have not berated a culture but if such culture contravenes mine, I shouldn't be guilt-tripped for walking away from it and that's what the lady did. Can two walk together unless they agree?

Let him look for a wife in his village who would understand that snakes should be pampered when they visit humans in their home grin

I personally wouldn't pick a wife from their either. One can only imagine what more strange things happened there.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Sixfeetbelle: 11:00am On Nov 14, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:
kill all crawling creatures except pythons

I can't tell a python from the rest.

1 Like

Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by galantjoe(m): 11:06am On Nov 14, 2020
Many towns in south eastern Nigeria do not kill one particular animal or others, because according to legends or folktales such animal saved their progenitor or played in a key role in early development of such communities. In Nnewi in anambra state, they don't kill or eat rodent (ewi). Nnewi indigen home or abroad cannot kill or eat ewi otherwise he or she will have allergies. At Mbano in Imo state, certain communities there do not kill or eat ele. In Oka, Anambra State capital, the indigen do not kill or eat monkeys. In offices, monkeys will freely hop in while people will not harm them, they will just scare them away. If u do calamity will befall u.

So I don't see why, the gal should take issue of not killing snake a big matter even resulting to canceling her marriage proposal.

Every community have their own culture, legend, folktales, folk story, etc. The taboo and sacrilege in one community can be culture and norms in another.
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by lathrowinger: 11:10am On Nov 14, 2020
Mokason288:
And the fooooolish girl refused to mention the village... the whole of Anambra don’t kill Python ... She should have killed it and see harm befall her and her entire dull family ... it’s obvious that the Gods don’t want her in the family , dull girl

I HOPE I MADE SENSE

Nope. You are senseless...
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by DamnnNiggarr: 11:12am On Nov 14, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

To start with, our villages are all blessed with beautiful girls.

I also still hold the view that it's weird to romance snakes in a world where snakes are dreaded by almost everyone and in Nigeria where snakes are a symbol of all vile and evil. Even when the Bible made references to the serpent, it was clear on what it represents.

Again, I have not berated a culture but if such culture contravenes mine, I shouldn't be guilt-tripped for walking away from it and that's what the lady did. Can two walk together unless they agree?

Let him look for a wife in his village who would understand that snakes should be pampered when they visit humans in their home grin

I personally wouldn't pick a wife from their either. One can only imagine what more strange things happened there.
the koko is, let everyone marry someone that's conversant with his culture and tradition, probably from their tribe/village.
But that won't do well in Nigeria's today intertribal relationship/marriage.
I'm not against what the lady did, infact she took a wonderful and bold step but where I have problem with her is the fact that she came to the social media to make mockery of the fiancee and his culture and tradition thereby chasing clout and seeking attention on social media.

You're right, every village is blessed with an overwhelming number of beautiful women/girls with unique looks.
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 14, 2020
Eke Njaba
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by DamnnNiggarr: 11:26am On Nov 14, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

I can't tell a python from the rest.
Pic 1 and 2 = pythons,
They have skin that looks like military color.

Pic 3 and 4 = snakes

Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by ensamy(m): 11:27am On Nov 14, 2020
Conservationist. If it is applied to other wildlife they will all be coming close without any fear of being harmed. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Midas01: 11:35am On Nov 14, 2020
Abeg shut up. It is not her culture. Obviously she isn't from the same place with the man. Some African traditions are babaric and should be discarded.

She made the right decision.

If in future a snake harms her kids because "she's no meant to kill it" , you people will still bash her.

RamessesIV:
This one is a fool but if is too Bleep a Muslim for money she won't have problem

Typical modern africa hate your culture and practice they will go to the west and practice any moral decadence in the name of freedom and modernization
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Midas01: 11:37am On Nov 14, 2020
Why are you pained na? It's not by force to accept a tradition that's incompatible with yours.

She has gone already.
bigfish3k:
She can go

What is so hard in obeying/respecting simple traditional practices that is harmless to you
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Midas01: 11:38am On Nov 14, 2020
You are as dumb as your post. Mumu.
Mokason288:
And the fooooolish girl refused to mention the village... the whole of Anambra don’t kill Python ... She should have killed it and see harm befall her and her entire dull family ... it’s obvious that the Gods don’t want her in the family , dull girl

I HOPE I MADE SENSE
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Midas01: 11:45am On Nov 14, 2020
Keep deceiving yourself. There's no where in Nigeria where it's common to keep python as pets. Pythons are however revered in some places and according to traditions, it comes to welcome some quests or a newborn baby but guess what she doesn't like such barbaric tradition.

If it was northerners that practiced such you'd be calling them backward. Allow the girl to breathe.
Grandmeister:
But if she go Oyibo land and dem tell am make she no kill snake she go see am as good thing abi? That’s a ball python, the mildest and smallest of pythons in this part of the world. Na pet for many places, why she go wan kill am? My people perish for lack of knowledge truly.
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Grandmeister(m): 11:52am On Nov 14, 2020
Midas01:
Keep deceiving yourself. There's no where in Nigeria where it's common to keep python as pets. Pythons are however revered in some places and according to traditions, it comes to welcome some quests or a newborn baby but guess what she doesn't like such barbaric tradition.

If it was northerners that practiced such you'd be calling them backward. Allow the girl to breathe.
Travel out of your enclave...this is an advise and not a yab. Go to okwagbe in ughelli south of delta state during their festivals around March/April and see teenage girls with ball pythons wrapped around their wrists dancing..who do you think takes care of those pythons? Travel and see!
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Mayeldah(m): 11:57am On Nov 14, 2020
The lady did the right thing. those of you saying she is not ready for marriage, don't worry she will find another man.

Did the boyfriend briefed her about this culture before they travelled?

I hate snakes and I can't marry a snake worshipper.

by the way I am a man before someof you start quoting me.
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Grandmeister(m): 11:58am On Nov 14, 2020
Many people don’t know(and this includes those who come from communities that don’t kill certain pythons) that the reason these pythons are docile in their communities is because of what we call imprinting in biology...those snakes are naturally calm, so when their ancestors realised this in the past they began seeing those snakes as harmless ‘visitors’...and the snakes in turn knowing that the humans in that area won’t harm them became much more free to roam the communities...they are not ‘visiting’, which is all superstition, they’re just going about their business looking for rats and lizards. It is the same reason why dogs became so attached and dependent on humans..our ancestors domesticated the wildlife out of them centuries upon centuries ago.

1 Like

Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Slynation(m): 12:07pm On Nov 14, 2020
Biglittlelois:
Some fulls are already insulting her because it is their tribe, some are already saying the marriage/Shiloh nonsense, one even said she dey date alhaji,

How some peeps reason baffles me, can't she hate what she hates, if she said she ain't getting married to the fiancé again, it is her choice, is it by force? If I was the one, in the middle of the night, I'll kill that snake and nothing will happen.
Killing that snake means you will have to bury it like a normal human being with all protocols duly observed, failure to do that signifies doom for you.... I have seen this happen in Uruala in Imo state when I visited my friends village, I was told it will come welcome me before hand and lo and behold after 2hours a python visited the compound, after seeing me, they poured snapp on the floor and said some incantations and the snake went away.....!! It was a very beautiful moment i must say, that girl is seriously not ready for marriage, the only mistake the guy made was not telling her before hand, or maybe he's the type "my mama say i be Igbo" without knowing the customs and tradition of his hometown
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Slynation(m): 12:17pm On Nov 14, 2020
Mokason288:

I HOPE I MADE SENSE
And who said the whole of Anambra don't kill python, it depends on which animal is sacred in such towns/villages... E.g in Awka Monkeys are sacred Animals, around Nkpor/Ogidi and other places Pythons are sacred animals while in Atani "Aligators" is among the sacred animals..... But you see my village name "Withheld" They dey kill anything grin
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Sixfeetbelle: 12:35pm On Nov 14, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:

Pic 1 and 2 = pythons,
They have skin that looks like military color.

Pic 3 and 4 = snakes

shocked shocked shocked

Please delete this pix. I don't want to have nightmares.

My skin is crawling already. Aishhh!
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Midas01: 12:53pm On Nov 14, 2020
When snake enters your house don't kill it. As for this sensible lady, she wants no part of such barbaric culture.
samuelchimmy:
mind that one. On a norms she suppose kill harmless python?..

For her mind she's liberated,
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by samuelchimmy(m): 12:57pm On Nov 14, 2020
Midas01:
When snake enters your house don't kill it. As for this sensible lady, she wants no part of such barbaric culture.
which them is barbaric, the one that wants to kill a snake that obviously harmless or the one protecting the animal from animal brutalizers like you? undecided abi you don't know the meaning of barbaric?
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Midas01: 12:58pm On Nov 14, 2020
When you're married, allow snakes into your home to welcome your baby. As for this lady she wants no part of that.

It's called choices.
pocohantas:
You stopped marriage plans because you were stopped from killing a python for cultural reasons?

Culture apart, why would you be angry you were stopped from killing a non-venomous snake? A harmless python that can’t even constrict a doll. Empty coconut head!!

1 Like

Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Midas01: 12:59pm On Nov 14, 2020
Not your business, stop being pained.
moneyissweet:
Covidiotic Lady...see you in shilo 2034.

Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by pocohantas(f): 1:01pm On Nov 14, 2020
Midas01:
When you're married, allow snakes into your home to welcome your baby. As for this lady she wants no part of that.

It's called choices.

That snake didn’t come to welcome anyone. Poor snake only gravitated towards warmth and the villagers tied their superstitious beliefs to a natural act. So, I’ll let it go on that account and allow him and his mother delude themselves.

Long time Midas.
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Midas01: 1:04pm On Nov 14, 2020
They don't do that for economic reasons. If a crocodile finds it way in their house it will be killed.

Know the difference.
Goziesolar:
its not worshiping it's just respected,as in tradition ...the Australians who don't kill kangaroos and crocodiles do they worship them?
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Midas01: 1:05pm On Nov 14, 2020
For your sister abi?
Malawian:
This one dey cancel marriage. Shiloh na im sure pass Las Las.
Re: Lady Cancels Her Marriage After Mother-In-Law Stopped Her From Killing A Python by Midas01: 1:08pm On Nov 14, 2020
Exactly what I wanted to say.
andyanders:
You are the type of family that can kill a visitor and hide it. If u can support this kind of tradition at this mordern age, u are not worth living.

You are the type that ask women to drink the bath water of their deceased husband.

The lady did d right thing. Marriage is not by force.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

I Want To Leave My Boyfriend For A New Guy. / Ladies, Before You Hand Over Your Breast To Any Man.. Do This! (see Photo) / “Your Wife Didn’t Sleep At Home Last Night” Two Men Expose Married Woman(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.