Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,300 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health (7120 Views)

It’s Getting Harder To Move Out Of This Country Nowadays / Re: Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? / Why Are Nigerians So Desperate To Leave This Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Damian457: 6:47am On Nov 15, 2020
You have not traveled before dude. You don’t even have a visa a stamp. Dude vamoose

jesmond3945:
travel and see for yourself

4 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by jesmond3945: 7:02am On Nov 15, 2020
Damian457:
You have not traveled before dude. You don’t even have a visa a stamp. Dude vamoose

lol ok
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by maternal: 7:09am On Nov 15, 2020
jesmond3945:
travel and see for yourself

I have, and I've seen both sides. You're talking nonsense.

10 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Damian457: 7:33am On Nov 15, 2020
Don’t mind him.

maternal:

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by RuggedSniper: 8:57am On Nov 15, 2020
jesmond3945:
last time I checked Northerners are the victim of Boko Haram unless you live in the north, my bad. Insecurity is not peculiar to naija alone. Usa, brazil, south africa, france are all crime prone. Innocent people are killed in those countries. Is it because they don't report it in the media? Go to alternative media platforms like hoodsite dot com worldstarhiphop dot com and see for yourself.
You are talking about loans, which country is not borrowing to stay afloat this moment? UK is running a furlough scheme, for unemployed people which has run the country into debt and you know who will pay it? Foreigners with huge taxes. You work like lion and eat like ant.
USA worst unemployment records at the moment. You think if you enter abroad, you would even see cleaning job? Lol.
The problem in naija is just corruption and bad government. Swear you didn't vote in this bad government.
WORD! The Abuja-Kaduna mass rail line is already making profit right now according to the boss of NRC in a business report in early 2020. Nigeria is only borrowing for profitable projects at low single-digit interest rates that can be repaid in record time! On the other hand, if anyone wants to leave that country... then do so as long as it is done legally after the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine and the Russian Sputnik-V Covid-19 vaccine have been introduced fully in 2021.

2 Shares

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Kalusam(m): 1:05pm On Nov 15, 2020
Please, if you want to leave Nigeria...by all means do so legally. If not for anything but your mental health, sanity, constant power, and high speed internet connection...with these there are limitless opportunities!

High speed internet is not a luxury, I spend less than N3,000/month for this speed here in Prague!

8 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:06pm On Nov 15, 2020
Kalusam:
Please, if you want to leave Nigeria...by all means do so legally. If not for anything but your mental health, sanity, constant power, and high speed internet connection...with these there are limitless opportunities!

High speed internet is not a luxury, I spend less than N3,000/month for this speed here in Prague!
Men I lost a remote job because of my internet speed. Reached the final stage of the interview and was asked to snap and send my internet speed. Internet speed here is 3mbps. Now I know why. Imagine other applicants living in other nations like this.

5 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Damian457: 2:12pm On Nov 15, 2020
Damn !!! So sorry bro
tensazangetsu20:

Men I lost a remote job because of my internet speed. Reached the final stage of the interview and was asked to snap and send my internet speed. Internet speed here is 3mbps. Now I know why. Imagine other applicants living in other nations like this.
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Kalusam(m): 2:15pm On Nov 15, 2020
Its so sad my brother, I feel your pain. While in Naija, lost a major freelance job due to lack of constant power and broadband internet. But never again!
tensazangetsu20:

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:20pm On Nov 15, 2020
Kalusam:
Its so sad my brother, I feel your pain. While in Naija, lost a major freelance job due to lack of constant power and broadband internet. But never again!
Bro the country is just rigged against you in every way. Chei what a country Nigeria. Cursed nation.

4 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by jesmond3945: 2:27pm On Nov 15, 2020
maternal:

is okay. Good for you. Sensible people know themselves.
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:39pm On Nov 15, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

u say 3mbps?

Highest I have seen here is 1.9mbps whether it is 3g or 4g network.

1 Like

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by BigDawsNet: 4:36pm On Nov 15, 2020
Start making solid plans

But money is neccassary bro

Canada is perfect but its expensive
States is affordable if you go through study's
Europe is good with study but expensive

Are you a graduate?
Run a postgraduate that should be cheaper

Goodluck

4 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Kinkykinky: 6:00pm On Nov 15, 2020
[quote author=Kalusam post=96067390]Its so sad my brother, I feel your pain. While in Naija, lost a major freelance job due to lack of constant power and broadband internet. But never again! [/quote

Been there!
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by simba01(m): 11:16pm On Nov 15, 2020
BigDawsNet:
Start making solid plans

But money is neccassary bro

Canada is perfect but its expensive
States is affordable if you go through study's
Europe is good with study but expensive

Are you a graduate?
Run a postgraduate that should be cheaper

Goodluck

Please name schools in the USA that are affordable cos from my knowledge USA education is the most expensive oo

3 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by simba01(m): 11:18pm On Nov 15, 2020
Kalusam:

Prague is in czech republic, please what route did you use to japa, please help us sir

1 Like

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Kalusam(m): 11:58pm On Nov 15, 2020
I am currently studying here for my MSc.
simba01:

Prague is in czech republic, please what route did you use to japa, please help us sir
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by maternal: 1:23am On Nov 16, 2020
simba01:

Please name schools in the USA that are affordable cos from my knowledge USA education is the most expensive oo

Not only is it more expensive, there isn't really a path to stay after school. Horrible advice.

1 Like

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by yemiosinbajo: 2:37am On Nov 16, 2020
maternal:

Not only is it more expensive, there isn't really a path to stay after school. Horrible advice.

Really? So, the federal skilled immigrant program cannot work for those who go to school there?
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Billions123: 2:43am On Nov 16, 2020
maternal:

What if one gets a job?
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by maternal: 3:01am On Nov 16, 2020
yemiosinbajo:

Really? So, the federal skilled immigrant program cannot work for those who go to school there?

No. I meant going to school in the US or Europe oppose to Canada is the worse decision one can make. Canada gives you a 3 year work visa after school, and within that time frame you can apply for your PR. Plus Canadian tuition is by far cheaper than the US and UK.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Grace001: 5:58am On Nov 16, 2020
I have said it over and over on this forum, as a youth if you still hope in this failed country that is designed to fail. Then you could as well believe that someday the pig will fly

This country is irredeemable. PDP wasted 16 years clueless APC party is on the route of wasting another 16 years Buhari regime is already wasting 8years.

Before you know it 16+16= 32 good solid years of your life is gone. All you did was to complain about bad governance yet nothing has or would change.

If you have the means to leave this shit hole leave don’t let some hopeless people to discourage. Yes I call them hopeless unfortunate people

Yoruba call people like that “ajegbodo” people who suffer and have no means won’t encourage you to leave, they come online to say rubbish

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Damian457: 6:07am On Nov 16, 2020
Facts.....

Grace001:
I have said it over and over on this forum, as a youth if you still hope in this failed country that is designed to fail. Then you could as well believe that someday the pig will fly

This country is irredeemable. PDP wasted 16 years clueless APC party is on the route of wasting another 16 years Buhari regime is already wasting 8years.

Before you know it 16+16= 32 good solid years of your life is gone. All you did was to complain about bad governance yet nothing has or would change.

If you have the means to leave this shit hole leave don’t let some hopeless people to discourage. Yes I call them hopeless unfortunate people

Yoruba call people like that “ajegbodo” people who suffer and have no means won’t encourage you to leave, they come online to say rubbish
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Damian457: 6:09am On Nov 16, 2020
Yeah true.... especially if you’re married. As an unmarried person, you always have the option of falling in love to fix your papers

maternal:

2 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by yemiosinbajo: 6:35am On Nov 16, 2020
maternal:

No. I meant going to school in the US or Europe oppose to Canada is the worse decision one can make. Canada gives you a 3 year work visa after school, and within that time frame you can apply for your PR. Plus Canadian tuition is by far cheaper than the US and UK.

Makes sense now. I didn't follow the thread really well, so I thought you were referring to Canada.
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by sweetmelanin(f): 8:59am On Nov 16, 2020
Grace001:

Please tell them o.
There are just too many bright minds in that country wasting away ...but the saddest part is not everyone will get the opportunity to migrate... therefore, as a coping mechanism, many will find themselves on Nairaland discouraging others from leaving.

11 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by kevwemanuel: 2:03pm On Nov 16, 2020
maternal:

If you can be strategic, the US is the cheapest route. Write the GRE and get a fantastic score, it will open you up to full funding opportunities, especially at the PhD level.

1 Like

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by maternal: 7:47pm On Nov 16, 2020
kevwemanuel:

If you can be strategic, the US is the cheapest route. Write the GRE and get a fantastic score, it will open you up to full funding opportunities, especially at the PhD level.

Then what happens after school ? People are trying to get citizenship not a PHD.

3 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Damian457: 7:55pm On Nov 16, 2020
Thank you Bro for this

maternal:

Then what happens after school ? People are trying to get citizenship not a PHD.
Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by stagger: 1:37am On Nov 17, 2020
Grace001:

I told my family this in 2014 and they called me a prophet of doom. Thank God I made the life-changing decision to get a second base out of Naija. I have not heard a generator sound since. Fresh food and fruit everywhere. Superfast internet. You cannot believe how little things can improve the quality of your life.

12 Likes

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Billions123: 1:59am On Nov 17, 2020
stagger:

I told my family this in 2014 and they called me a prophet of doom. Thank God I made the life-changing decision to get a second base out of Naija. I have not heard a generator sound since. Fresh food and fruit everywhere. Superfast internet. You cannot believe how little things can improve the quality of your life.
Where did you move to bruh!

1 Like

Re: I’m Depressed, I Need To Leave This Country For My Mental Health by Grace001: 5:30am On Nov 17, 2020
stagger:

I thank God for you. You took a bold step, even the elite/politicians are sending out their kids to abroad to get dual citizenship, most of those elites/politicians are a citizen of a sane country.

It baffles me when a son of a common man struggle to have that means to leave this shithole some unfortunate people will come here to discourage them to invest in a dead economy when even the elites are sending out their children to western countries give them opportunity to get a sane country citizenship

Since 2014 till 2020 nothing better has happened in Nigeria... This failed country is moving in retrogression state.

If you had not made that decision you’d still be in Nigeria complaining about fuel hike, bad roads, etc
Nigerians can’t stop complaining because it will continue to get worse.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Plain Truth About Ireland / FG Repatriates 150 Stranded Nigerians From Niger Republic / 1.5m Which Country Can Í Travel To With It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.