Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets (34107 Views)

Fulanis: The Major Cause Of Culture Clash In Nigeria / Reno Omokri Defends Arabic On Naira Note On His Social Media Page / Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Friend22(m): 11:02pm On Nov 15, 2020
Rugaria:
Cultural chauvinism! Some people feel that because they have been in power for long, they can force down their beliefs on others. It will backfire someday..
Who is forcing you and who has forced you?!
Keep hallucinating
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by RamessesIV(m): 11:28pm On Nov 15, 2020
Missionaries didn't bring english and english is not a Christian language that's a straw man

Bible was written in yoruba and Igbo,when lagos was a british colony newspapers were written in Yoruba

Any christian who claims English is same with Arabic is ignorant and also Nigeria is not a Muslim majority
GOTVee:
sadEven though I've been a born again Christian of over 25 years, I think we Christians really need to let the sleeping Dog lie. I have been to several Arab nations on tourism and Evangelism and I can attest to the fact that Arabic remains one of the unique and outstanding languages on earth. What is the big deal in having Arabic inscriptions on Naira notes and Army uniform? Nigeria is a country of Muslim majority and due to their numerical advantage I think the Muslims deserve to have the Arabic as a national symbol. I mostly prefer to read my bible in Arabic language for better understanding despite being a Christian. The Muslims in this country have never complained of the fact that the national language is English. The Christian missionaries brough English language to Nigeria and our dear Muslim brothers easily accepted it without fuss. Why are we Christians trouble some unnecessarily? We Christians really to be careful not to cause a national disaster sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by RamessesIV(m): 11:33pm On Nov 15, 2020
English is not a christian language try again
doctorbabs:
Arabic is a language, if arabic is to islamized Nigeria that mean English as a language is a way of christianized Nigeria.
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by RamessesIV(m): 11:34pm On Nov 15, 2020
Isreal has arab population,isreal is bordered by Arab countries try again
Sheriman:
Unnecessary Fuss here Nothing special in that.. Even if it was written in English what is the Significance? Will it turn the useless Nigerian Naira equal Euro, Pound Sterling or Dollar? Isreali Currency has Arabic written on it.. Jordan Saudi UAE currencies have both English and Arabic written on them
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by RamessesIV(m): 11:35pm On Nov 15, 2020
Please show me the religion that uses English?
habymi:
hahaha wahala
if Arabic word on naira note is Islam then the English words on the naira note is of which religion?
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by RamessesIV(m): 11:37pm On Nov 15, 2020
Missionaries didn't,they promoted native language
Loveurneighbour:
The Christian missionaries imported English language to Nigeria and the Muslim brothers easily accepted it. So what's your problem?
Nigerians and hypocrisy!!
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by ransomed: 5:42am On Nov 16, 2020
Empiree:
okay, all cross logos on hospital must be removed. Saturday and Sunday must be work days. We must change names of the week and months because they are names of roman Christian gods.

Eyin werey jatijati

It is your generations that are werey jatijati.
Ekwensu. OLANIYI is your family name.
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Coolgent(m): 7:42am On Nov 16, 2020
GOTVee:
sadEven though I've been a born again Christian of over 25 years, I think we Christians really need to let the sleeping Dog lie. I have been to several Arab nations on tourism and Evangelism and I can attest to the fact that Arabic remains one of the unique and outstanding languages on earth. What is the big deal in having Arabic inscriptions on Naira notes and Army uniform? Nigeria is a country of Muslim majority and due to their numerical advantage I think the Muslims deserve to have the Arabic as a national symbol. I mostly prefer to read my bible in Arabic language for better understanding despite being a Christian. The Muslims in this country have never complained of the fact that the national language is English. The Christian missionaries brough English language to Nigeria and our dear Muslim brothers easily accepted it without fuss. Why are we Christians trouble some unnecessarily? We Christians really to be careful not to cause a national disaster sad
Based on my observations learned Christians ain't fuss about Ajami on naira notes.
Only some selfish brats are complaining
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by winningwinner(m): 8:56am On Nov 16, 2020
GOTVee:

I don't believe you're truly a Christian. Your style of writing betrayed you a whole lot. Do you want to tell me that English is the language of Christians? You need to go back to school...
When you impose Arabic or Ajami as you call it to a majority of people who do not have anything to do with it, what are you trying to achieve?
Is Arabic language any of Nigeria's languages? English is Nigeria's official language and does not make every Nigerian a Christian. Arabic is associated with Islam and cannot be forced on anybody's throat, please.
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by winningwinner(m): 8:59am On Nov 16, 2020
Coolgent:

Based on my observations learned Christians ain't fuss about Ajami on naira notes.
Only some selfish brats are complaining

Your observations are false. What is Ajami doing in Nigeria's collective heritage? If you want a united country, use the language of the people. Is Hausa not the language of the north again? Why Ajami? That shows you have an ulterior motive...
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by winningwinner(m): 9:03am On Nov 16, 2020
RamessesIV:
Missionaries didn't bring english and english is not a Christian language that's a straw man

Bible was written in yoruba and Igbo,when lagos was a british colony newspapers were written in Yoruba

Any christian who claims English is same with Arabic is ignorant and also Nigeria is not a Muslim majority

God bless you dear. Don't mind these millennium children that reason from their anus!
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by winningwinner(m): 9:14am On Nov 16, 2020
Friend22:

Who is forcing you and who has forced you?!
Keep hallucinating

Read between the lines again and see who is doing the forcing... When you attack someone for differing from your opinion, you're already trying to force him to believe what you believe... Having a strange language like Ajami in a collective heritage is tantamount to forcing a strange belief on others who have nothing to do with that belief...
English is not a Christian language, so don't make reference to that. If we are truly Nigerians, why do you introduce things that can bring suspicion and division?
Apart from English, the Hausa language, Igbo language and Yoruba language are there, as approved official indigenous languages. Use them to depict the unity of Nigeria. Do not forget to always use those things that will unite us rather those ones that bring division...
Wisdom is profitable to direct...
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by GOTVee: 9:28am On Nov 16, 2020
winningwinner:

I don't believe you're truly a Christian. Your style of writing betrayed you a whole lot. Do you want to tell me that English is the language of Christians? You need to go back to school...
When you impose Arabic or Ajami as you call it to a majority of people who do not have anything to do with it, what are you trying to achieve?
Is Arabic language any of Nigeria's languages? English is Nigeria's official language and does not make every Nigerian a Christian. Arabic is associated with Islam and cannot be forced on anybody's throat, please.

Arabic is not associated with Islam. Arabic is a language we must learn to embrace. Arabic should be our official language
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Emir01: 10:22am On Nov 16, 2020
Isinweke:

Who be We?
Like I said, the South East and South South Nigeria have never had any business with Arabs, we had no business with them before the British came and join the Eastern and other part of Nigeria together.

Arabic is not part of our official languages, is it?

Then disjoint yourself.
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Emir01: 10:29am On Nov 16, 2020
Temidayo9:

Stop being emotional. What was written in Arabic in both Army and our currency are all good. But Arabic never in all official language in our constitution, hence no need to used it to portray any good form of expression. Thanks

Nothing wrong with Arabic, travel up north to see their traditional institutions and take time to read history, millions from neighbouring countries do business with us. Nigeria doesn't stop in the south. Everybody is well represented. Arabic is a plus as far as am concerned. If you can't fight to remove English then stop shouting Arabic. You can also fight to remove Sharia court in the North because we don't have muslim majority in South.
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 16, 2020
Emir01:

Then disjoint yourself.

Biafra will!
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Emir01: 10:34am On Nov 16, 2020
Isinweke:

Biafra will!

Who's stopping you? Fight for your right now. Hope you will not take Rivers state along?
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Emir01: 10:38am On Nov 16, 2020
winningwinner:

God bless you dear. Don't mind these millennium children that reason from their anus!

Conspiracy theory. So Arabic is a religion. Great!
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Emir01: 10:40am On Nov 16, 2020
winningwinner:

The missionaries preached Christianity in Arabic.
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 16, 2020
Emir01:

Who's stopping you? Fight for your right now. Hope you will not take Rivers state along?

Emir01 have no business with Rivers State, we know our boundary.
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Moventist: 10:41am On Nov 16, 2020
GOTVee:

Islamic imposter like you . Which census declared Muslims majority in Nigeria ?
In the north alone Christians are close to 40% of the population . You will just sit in your desert and be claiming majority . The day Christians realises it numerical strength, all this Islamic propaganda would stop
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Emir01: 10:59am On Nov 16, 2020
Isinweke:

Emir01 have no business with Rivers State, we know our boundary.
But you quote SS $ SE. I will be glad to see out. Best of luck
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Friend22(m): 11:20am On Nov 16, 2020
winningwinner:

Read between the lines again and see who is doing the forcing... When you attack someone for differing from your opinion, you're already trying to force him to believe what you believe... Having a strange language like Ajami in a collective heritage is tantamount to forcing a strange belief on others who have nothing to do with that belief...
English is not a Christian language, so don't make reference to that. If we are truly Nigerians, why do you introduce things that can bring suspicion and division?
Apart from English, the Hausa language, Igbo language and Yoruba language are there, as approved official indigenous languages. Use them to depict the unity of Nigeria. Do not forget to always use those things that will unite us rather those ones that bring division...
Wisdom is profitable to direct...

Pettiness is seriously worrying you and anyone with this kind of shallow thinking.
Since you have been using the currency as anyone reject it?!
You people are so so shallow.
You looked through everything in Nigeria and he only thing you can see is an harmless script on a currency note?
I have never seen this kind level of stupid and redundant pettiness by so called educated people like you.
E no go better for the person wey put this stupid thinking for una head.
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Deepthoughts: 12:50pm On Nov 16, 2020
FriendNG:

Just to satisfy your bigotry? There is nothing like Plain and un plain Hausa.

Hausa is originally written using Arabic Alphabets. Later (not more than 50 years) it started using English Alphabet.

You are not in the moral position to tell anybody how it should be written.

You know nothing about it history and cannot determine what is plain and not plain
Kai mallam ka ji Mana, in ba dai ba kuwa son gaskiya ba,da wane alphabets ake koyar da hausa a makarantu yanzu a nijeriya?,ni da Kai na,da alphabets na turenci aka koya Mana hausa atsakanin 1984-1987.in ba dai irin ku,kuna da mugun nufi ba,babu amfanin saka rubutun larabci akan kudin nijeriya ba,in ka so ka zage ni har abada.
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Empiree: 12:51pm On Nov 16, 2020
ransomed:

It is your generations that are werey jatijati.
Ekwensu. OLANIYI is your family name.

Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Deepthoughts: 1:01pm On Nov 16, 2020
FriendNG:

You cannot decide for the Hausa. No where it's written that Hausa must be using English Alphabet. Beside English Alphabet is the newest form.
please be sincere with yourself,what alphabets are use in teaching hausa in schools in Nigeria?, I'm from the north central n I was taught hausa using the English alphabets with some modifications like f b k with curved top to suit hausa pronunciation,you people are just hiding behind the Ajani or ajami rubbish to deceive the ignorant n push forward your dubious agenda n nothing else,but continue, it's the far north itself that would push their luck too far n eventually create the ground for the demise of Nigeria.
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Temidayo9(m): 8:06pm On Nov 16, 2020
Emir01:

Nothing wrong with Arabic, travel up north to see their traditional institutions and take time to read history, millions from neighbouring countries do business with us. Nigeria doesn't stop in the south. Everybody is well represented. Arabic is a plus as far as am concerned. If you can't fight to remove English then stop shouting Arabic. You can also fight to remove Sharia court in the North because we don't have muslim majority in South.
Because people used Arabic in the north or any part of Nigeria doesn't make it official language in Nigeria. Thank you
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Loveurneighbour: 9:06pm On Nov 16, 2020
RamessesIV:
Missionaries didn't,they promoted native language
You can say that to your children at home.
The truth remain the same.
Through the work of early European missionaries, many parts of Nigeria responded to the Christian message. The church in Nigeria has grown quickly and rapidly – over half the population is estimated to be Christian. Nigeria’s prayer movement is one of the world’s strongest. Some of the largest prayer meetings in history have been in Nigeria (an estimated 3 million in Lagos).
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by RamessesIV(m): 9:27pm On Nov 16, 2020
You can also tell that to your children

The use of English in Nigeria is not Christian based if not Ajayi crowther wouldn't have bothered to write a Yoruba and Igbo bible [quotAAAe author=Loveurneighbour post=96115851]
You can say that to your children at home.
The truth remain the same.
Through the work of early European missionaries, many parts of Nigeria responded to the Christian message. The church in Nigeria has grown quickly and rapidly – over half the population is estimated to be Christian. Nigeria’s prayer movement is one of the world’s strongest. Some of the largest prayer meetings in history have been in Nigeria (an estimated 3 million in Lagos).[/quote]
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Coolgent(m): 10:30pm On Nov 16, 2020
winningwinner:

Your observations are false. What is Ajami doing in Nigeria's collective heritage? If you want a united country, use the language of the people. Is Hausa not the language of the north again? Why Ajami? That shows you have an ulterior motive...

Oga 80% of northerners/Muslims can read Ajami unlike Hausa
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by winningwinner(m): 8:44pm On Dec 18, 2020
Coolgent:

Oga 80% of northerners/Muslims can read Ajami unlike Hausa

You lie!
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by winningwinner(m): 8:49pm On Dec 18, 2020
Friend22:

Pettiness is seriously worrying you and anyone with this kind of shallow thinking.
Since you have been using the currency as anyone reject it?!
You people are so so shallow.
You looked through everything in Nigeria and he only thing you can see is an harmless script on a currency note?
I have never seen this kind level of stupid and redundant pettiness by so called educated people like you.
E no go better for the person wey put this stupid thinking for una head.

Just listen to yourself and see how stupid and selfish your thinking can be. You only shout one Nigeria when almost everything is working in your favour, as against collective existence.
That's why progress and development will be very far from you...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Introduction Of Oduduwa Anthem In Ondo: Northern Elders Kick / Fact Check: Picture Of Peter Obi And Seyi Tinubu Is False / Niger State Residents Protest High Cost Of Food, Living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.