Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,259 members, 7,818,885 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets (34135 Views)

Fulanis: The Major Cause Of Culture Clash In Nigeria / Reno Omokri Defends Arabic On Naira Note On His Social Media Page / Malcolm Omirhobo Sues FG, CBN, AGF Over Arabic Inscription On Naira, Army Logo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Judolisco(m): 2:42pm On Nov 15, 2020
Nigeria army logo sef
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by hopexter(m): 2:42pm On Nov 15, 2020
There are lots of things to be worried about in Nigeria as problems no dey ever finish undecided
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Asifiwe(m): 2:43pm On Nov 15, 2020
Unwittingly, the Southerner are ceding the country to the Islamic agenda of the North, allowing them to take unilateral decision in disregard of the "secular Nation" mantra. It wont be too long when you southerner will wake up to realize that the country you thought you were free in because you don't live in the North have been subdued by the Arabic ideology and your children will wail for deliverance because you do nothing but watch the systematic clampdown on your cultures and values. Time is the master of all intentions. They are coming furiously removing all the Landmarks

7 Likes

Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by sochey(f): 2:44pm On Nov 15, 2020
Who Musa epp??
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by arsenal444(m): 2:44pm On Nov 15, 2020
Man go fight for money, Man go fight for nonsense
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by ABCthings: 2:44pm On Nov 15, 2020
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by sapientia(m): 2:45pm On Nov 15, 2020
Very unfortunate

We learn nothing in Nigerian schools.

Brains are never trained to think on their own

Every focus is on passing exam.

The way we set priorities is always petty.

Am a southerner but I could careless for what neither add value nor remove value from our currency.

Even if everything is written in roman and Arabic front and back of the note, it can only buy 1 litre of fuel for N170.

1 Like

Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by DominionGreat: 2:46pm On Nov 15, 2020
we have been tolerating eachother too much in this country.. its obvious the southern part is tired of this Union called Nigeria.. let's quietly divide and we all go our separate ways.. a forced marriage can never be productive nomata what they do...

1 Like

Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by karimusa: 2:48pm On Nov 15, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Dpundict: 2:49pm On Nov 15, 2020
I support the move.
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 15, 2020
why is our week end Saturday and Sunday,making Friday a work day,our weekend must change to Friday and Saturday...mumu people with rubbish argument

4 Likes

Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Daverytimes(m): 2:51pm On Nov 15, 2020
DeejaywonDJ1:

It was invented by India mathematicians not Arab

Don't be an idiot, the numbers we use today are Arabic.

3 Likes

Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by November1857(m): 2:51pm On Nov 15, 2020
Simplyleo:
Check very well, na ipob miscreants dey make dis noise.

Ipob miscreants are illiterates.
yaruba Muslim miscreant on the loose (ymm). The East has no business with Arab world , they're so backwards with thier regious extremism..
If you study Arabic studys/language,
instead of acquiring mush knowledge through it,
You will start suffering from chronic
brain drain.

4 Likes

Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by doctorbabs(m): 2:51pm On Nov 15, 2020
Arabic is a language, if arabic is to islamized Nigeria that mean English as a language is a way of christianized Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by prigoz(m): 2:52pm On Nov 15, 2020
One thing I know and I need is let this country divide, let everyone goes to his household and think way forward.

3 Likes

Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Sheriman(m): 2:52pm On Nov 15, 2020
Unnecessary Fuss here Nothing special in that.. Even if it was written in English what is the Significance? Will it turn the useless Nigerian Naira equal Euro, Pound Sterling or Dollar? Isreali Currency has Arabic written on it.. Jordan Saudi UAE currencies have both English and Arabic written on them

1 Like

Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by November1857(m): 2:56pm On Nov 15, 2020
GOTVee:
sadEven though I've been a born again Christian of over 25 years, I think we Christians really need to let the sleeping Dog lie. I have been to several Arab nations on tourism and Evangelism and I can attest to the fact that Arabic remains one of the unique and outstanding languages on earth. What is the big deal in having Arabic inscriptions on Naira notes and Army uniform? Nigeria is a country of Muslim majority and due to their numerical advantage I think the Muslims deserve to have the Arabic as a national symbol. I mostly prefer to read my bible in Arabic language for better understanding despite being a Christian. The Muslims in this country have never complained of the fact that the national language is English. The Christian missionaries brough English language to Nigeria and our dear Muslim brothers easily accepted it without fuss. Why are we Christians trouble some unnecessarily? We Christians really to be careful not to cause a national disaster sad
Typical fulani Muslim !

14 Likes

Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by habymi: 2:57pm On Nov 15, 2020
hahaha wahala
if Arabic word on naira note is Islam then the English words on the naira note is of which religion?

3 Likes

Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by habymi: 2:59pm On Nov 15, 2020
doctorbabs:
Arabic is a language, if arabic is to islamized Nigeria that mean English as a language is a way of christianized Nigeria.

abi oo

1 Like

Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by buJu234: 2:59pm On Nov 15, 2020
Why not we focus on science and technological development that will lead to job creation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Birdborg: 2:59pm On Nov 15, 2020
PointZerom:
What of the cow on two hundred naira note?
for how long has it being on it?
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 3:00pm On Nov 15, 2020
GOTVee:
sadEven though I've been a born again Christian of over 25 years, I think we Christians really need to let the sleeping Dog lie. I have been to several Arab nations on tourism and Evangelism and I can attest to the fact that Arabic remains one of the unique and outstanding languages on earth. What is the big deal in having Arabic inscriptions on Naira notes and Army uniform? Nigeria is a country of Muslim majority and due to their numerical advantage I think the Muslims deserve to have the Arabic as a national symbol. I mostly prefer to read my bible in Arabic language for better understanding despite being a Christian. The Muslims in this country have never complained of the fact that the national language is English. The Christian missionaries brough English language to Nigeria and our dear Muslim brothers easily accepted it without fuss. Why are we Christians trouble some unnecessarily? We Christians really to be careful not to cause a national disaster sad

Go get a life you miserable impersonator.

12 Likes

Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Canih28: 3:01pm On Nov 15, 2020
✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯

So na now una eyes dey open?

Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Loveurneighbour: 3:05pm On Nov 15, 2020
The Christian missionaries imported English language to Nigeria and the Muslim brothers easily accepted it. So what's your problem?
Nigerians and hypocrisy!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Loveurneighbour: 3:07pm On Nov 15, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Sighting this 1000 note as an example, The Arabic inscription on it simply means NAIRA DUBU(Hausa language) in Transliteration which means #1000.

It's Hausa language but written in Arabic.

The Arabic word for a thousand naira is ألف not نير دوبو as it's on our thousand note.

I can also write egberun naira (Yoruba language) in Arabic as we have it in Hausa language (but written in Arabic) on our note. As well as in Igbo.

أيبر نير egberun naira (#1000).

IT'S JUST A LANGUAGE as explained in this write-up, nothing like ISLAMIZATION. We all need to look away on some certain things if we must live in peace, Which is ESSENTIAL.

I can sight some examples of what we're also using in Nigeria that are related to Christianity but no fuss from Muslim side.

WE NEED TO STOP ALL THESE UNNECESSARY FUSS
Rightly said!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Eryyy92: 3:07pm On Nov 15, 2020
GOTVee:
You're a fool. Your opinion is off point.
I can swear that you're not a Christian as you claim to be

8 Likes

Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Tomilola360: 3:07pm On Nov 15, 2020
An Igbo man in the middle east will 101% have learned to speak, write or maybe read Arabic for business reasons.

Why then is this a problem on a legal tender?

Is our lingua franca "english" christian? if "Arabic" is islamic?

A language is a language.

If english appeals to the Christians and Arabic appeals to the muslims, then they are both on the notes.

Una don start this divide and conquer tactics again bah?

Face the real issues of Nigeria and stop being carried away.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by fedorahat: 3:09pm On Nov 15, 2020
grin
Before you weep over the Arabic inscriptions kindly weep over the Arabic numerals
Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Bluffly: 3:09pm On Nov 15, 2020
My own is that we all agreed that English is our official Language, therefore there shouldn't be any form of Language on our currency notes other than English. This has nothing to do with religions lines.

2 Likes

Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by Loveurneighbour: 3:10pm On Nov 15, 2020
November1857:
Typical fulani Muslim !
Igbo Christian spotted...

1 Like

Re: Arabic Script On Naira Notes: Culture Clash Over Nigeria's Rival Alphabets by ransomed: 3:10pm On Nov 15, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Sighting this 1000 note as an example, The Arabic inscription on it simply means NAIRA DUBU(Hausa language) in Transliteration which means #1000.

It's Hausa language but written in Arabic.

The Arabic word for a thousand naira is ألف not نير دوبو as it's on our thousand note.

I can also write egberun naira (Yoruba language) in Arabic as we have it in Hausa language (but written in Arabic) on our note. As well as in Igbo.

أيبر نير egberun naira (#1000).

IT'S JUST A LANGUAGE as explained in this write-up, nothing like ISLAMIZATION. We all need to look away on some certain things if we must live in peace, Which is ESSENTIAL.

I can sight some examples of what we're also using in Nigeria that are related to Christianity but no fuss from Muslim side.

WE NEED TO STOP ALL THESE UNNECESSARY FUSS

Wake up from your slumber.
Arabic is not our official language.
Nigeria is still a secular state.
Islamization loading......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

2 Politicians Fighting At A Shopping Center In Port-Harcourt (Pics, Video) / Anyim Pius Anyim Arrested By EFCC In Abuja / Edo PDP Governorship Ticket: Untold Story Of How Obaseki Emerged

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.