Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,821 members, 7,817,395 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? (13705 Views)

I No Longer Have The Interest Of Going To Church Every Sunday, Any Help? / Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church / Pastor Paul Muwanguzi Flogs Church Members For Not Attending Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by UsmanBabaIdris: 9:39am On Nov 16, 2020
My brother, you are not even asked to attend church in the first place. What you are given is the Sabbath, to make it holy.

If you no gree, check your bible!
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by nuelyoyo(m): 4:29pm On Nov 16, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol. Why na? cheesy grin

I hope you are not like that too? I have met just one 100% upright christian man in my 38yrs on earth. Just 1... I can never forget him.

This your age just dey change like weather, na any age wey the ashewo thread guys give na e you dey take?
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by pocohantas(f): 4:44pm On Nov 16, 2020
nuelyoyo:

This your age just dey change like weather, na any age wey the ashewo thread guys give na e you dey take?

Lol. That is my real age, it is on my birth certificate.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Bodyodour: 4:57pm On Nov 16, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol. Why na? cheesy grin

I hope you are not like that too? I have met just one 100% upright christian man in my 38yrs on earth. Just 1... I can never forget him.
so you are 38 yrs sef,no wonder you behave maturely and sensible.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by donem: 6:45pm On Nov 16, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol. That is my real age, it is on my birth certificate.
Evening Ma, I have a request?
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by pocohantas(f): 6:52pm On Nov 16, 2020
donem:

Evening Ma, I have a request?

Good evening, Sir. Do go ahead with your request.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by donem: 7:01pm On Nov 16, 2020
pocohantas:

Good evening, Sir. Do go ahead with your request.

Very good thank you ma'am,
if your based in Lagos, I wish to meet you someday, just to buy you a drink and chat nothing much, your personality here inspires me with awe.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by pocohantas(f): 7:09pm On Nov 16, 2020
donem:

Very good thank you ma'am,
if your based in Lagos, I wish to meet you someday, just to buy you a drink and chat nothing much, your personality here inspires me with awe.

Alright, if you can come with your partner. So that we all drink and chat together. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by donem: 8:03pm On Nov 16, 2020
pocohantas:

Alright, if you can come with your partner. So that we all drink and chat together. cheesy
My Partner is not around, but if you insist on a companion, I can tag along a fan with me cheesy
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Kondomatic(m): 9:15pm On Nov 16, 2020
pocohantas:

So to hang out with you, one must come with a partner?

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by pocohantas(f): 9:46pm On Nov 16, 2020
donem:

My Partner is not around, but if you insist on a companion, I can tag along a fan with me cheesy

Lmao. That one sef is okay. cheesy

Kondomatic:
So to hang out with you, one must come with a partner?

I want it to be a couple’s retreat na. At least if my Oga calls when I am there, he will be hearing woman’s voice in the background.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Kondomatic(m): 9:52pm On Nov 16, 2020
pocohantas:

I want it to be a couple’s retreat na. At least if my Oga calls when I am there, he will be hearing woman’s voice in the background.
Inukwa.... So your own oga is not coming sef.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Nobody: 7:37am On Nov 17, 2020
pocohantas:
Depends on what you consider a sin. The last time I willingly set foot in a church, I was 19. That should tell you how long ago it was. After that I only went for weddings, maybe chid dedications...then I cut all off.

When people ask me “didn’t you go to church today?” i just assume something is wrong with the person’s head. Our closeness would determine my response.

Don’t ask me useless questions when you will knack me anyhow if I loose-guard.
Are you indirectly telling us that you are an atheist? I really hope that Christ will arrest you one day cause for now you are walking in darkness and you are very vulnerable to attacks of the enemy and evil people. You dont have God, you dont have Satan, you are just like a can of coke any form of breeze can blow to any direction. You need Jesus, accept him now, its not too late. If you dont like your church, you can change to another church, focus on God and stop looking at what the members do, salvation is personal. God is still working. You need his protection from the evil and demonic attacks and evil arrows. This world is evil, don't leave yourself empty. Come back to God, he will accept you back and forgive you all your sins.

2 Likes

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 17, 2020
EVILFOREST:
Next FEBRUARY will make it my 13years Anniversary of staying away from Church and its related activities.
Join me as I mark such an adorable feat.

I prefer teaching my KIDS, standard Morals than enrolling them into "speaking in tongues" classes which they completely know nothing about.
CHURCH isn't the only place wia morals can be taught.
In Fact the teaching of MORALS usually stems from the home and the way we do things.
AFRICAN TRADITIONAL HOMES were birthed on morals even before the WHITES came.
KIDS respected their parents and assisted.
WIVES honoured their husbands.
Husbands were really heads and not now.

Give your life to Christ Jesus, take your kids to church, let them know the word of God. Our African ancestors were idol worshiper. They worshipped demons and raised blood altars, face God and the things of God. Take those children to church, stop ruining their spiritual lives.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Sarsaproko: 9:52am On Nov 17, 2020
Nuttella:
Are you indirectly telling us that you are an atheist? I really hope that Christ will arrest you one day cause for now you are walking in darkness and you are very vulnerable to attacks of the enemy and evil people. You dont have God, you dont have Satan, you are just like a can of coke any form of breeze can blow to any direction. You need Jesus, accept him now, its not too late. If you dont like your church, you can change to another church, focus on God and stop looking at what the members do, salvation is personal. God is still working. You need his protection from the evil and demonic attacks and evil arrows. This world is evil, don't leave yourself empty. Come back to God, he will accept you back and forgive you all your sins.

Blablabla!
Who are you to tell her what she's like? You are like a can of coke Blablabla.. Who told you, someone needs religion or attend church to have relationship with God?

Every man-made religion out there actually only muddies the water, and take people further away from really developing an authentic relationship with God, and working on improving their character traits - which is the whole point we got put down here on the planet, in the first place.

Better stop confusing yourself and seek God, love God and love humanity..
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 17, 2020
Sarsaproko:

Blablabla!
Who are you to tell her what she's like? You are like a can of coke Blablabla.. Who told you, someone needs religion or attend church to have relationship with God?

Every man-made religion out there actually only muddies the water, and take people further away from really developing an authentic relationship with God, and working on improving their character traits - which is the whole point we got put down here on the planet, in the first place.

Better stop confusing yourself and seek God, love God and love humanity..
And who told you I dont love God and my fellow human? All the noise you made, you still did not make any tangible sense.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by pocohantas(f): 10:50am On Nov 17, 2020
Nuttella:
[s]Are you indirectly telling us that you are an atheist? I really hope that Christ will arrest you one day cause for now you are walking in darkness and you are very vulnerable to attacks of the enemy and evil people. You dont have God, you dont have Satan, you are just like a can of coke any form of breeze can blow to any direction. You need Jesus, accept him now, its not too late. If you dont like your church, you can change to another church, focus on God and stop looking at what the members do, salvation is personal. God is still working. You need his protection from the evil and demonic attacks and evil arrows. This world is evil, don't leave yourself empty. Come back to God, he will accept you back and forgive you all your sins.[/s]

Nuttella:
And who told you I dont love God and my fellow human? All the noise you made, you still did not make any tangible sense.

You made most noise and trust me, there was no iota of sense in it too. Try not to quote me with any nonsense of this magnitude again. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Sarsaproko: 11:27am On Nov 17, 2020
Nuttella:

You love church and religion!
I can't make any sense to you because you have no sense.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by jornwhite: 1:54pm On Nov 17, 2020
pocohantas:
Depends on what you consider a sin. The last time I willingly set foot in a church, I was 19. That should tell you how long ago it was. After that I only went for weddings, maybe chid dedications...then I cut all off.

When people ask me “didn’t you go to church today?” i just assume something is wrong with the person’s head. Our closeness would determine my response.

Don’t ask me useless questions when you will knack me anyhow if I loose-guard.

whether you loose guard or not, you're meant to be knacked, so make yourself useful undecided you haven't been to church since you reach official age for sexploitation grin Buh can you as well boast you've been celibate for 19months grin las las boiz on olosho thread ma shift womb e

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Nov 17, 2020
pocohantas:

You made most noise and trust me, there was no iota of sense in it too. Try not to quote me with any nonsense of this magnitude again. Thanks
I really hope its not too late before your soul will be saved, the portal of heaven is still open, stop running in cycle and give your life to Christ, he is the only one that can give you peace of mind. Always pray and read your Bible even if you are now too big to go to church.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 17, 2020
Sarsaproko:

You love church and religion!
I can't make any sense to you because you have no sense.
Church is important to Christ cause that is where we gather and Christ said we should not despise the assembly of the brethren,

the gate of hell shall not prevail against the church Matthew 16:18. Your problem is that you dont study the bible.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Sarsaproko: 5:30pm On Nov 17, 2020
Nuttella:
Church is important to Christ cause that is where we gather and Christ said we should not despise the assembly of the brethren,

the gate of hell shall not prevail against the church Matthew 16:18. Your problem is that you dont study the bible.

Your problem is that you are so confused by religion that you lack the knowledge of God.

1 Like

Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 17, 2020
Sarsaproko:

Your problem is that you are so confused by religion that you lack the knowledge of God.
How can a prophetess of God lack the knowledge of God? Explain in not less that 250 words.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by pocohantas(f): 6:02pm On Nov 17, 2020
Nuttella:
I really hope its not too late before your soul will be saved, the portal of heaven is still open, stop running in cycle and give your life to Christ, he is the only one that can give you peace of mind. Always pray and read your Bible even if you are now too big to go to church.

Lol cycle kor, bicycle ni. Angel Nuttella. grin

Nuttella:
Na person wey like you go give you advice. Have a nice day.

Such judgmental and sanctimonious advice. I hope you are the only one who converts souls in that manner. I really hope so...
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 17, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol cycle kor, bicycle ni. Angela Nuttella. grin
Na person wey like you go give you advice. Have a nice day.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Kobojunkiee: 6:10pm On Nov 17, 2020
Nuttella:
Jesus Christ never said that.
Nuttella:
If you had paid close attention to the information presented you in the same Matthew 16, you would note that the foundation on which His church is built is what He was referring to there, not your world churches today which are founded on the doctrines and rules of men.

Jesus Christ never asked anyone to build for Him church businesses or monuments.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 17, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
Jesus Christ never said that.
If you had paid close attention to the information presented you in the same Matthew 16, you would note that the foundation on which His church is built is what He was referring to there, not your world churches today which are founded on the doctrines and rules of men.

Jesus Christ never asked anyone to build for Him church businesses or monuments.
I will not pay attention to your illogical argument when you dont read the bible. Arguing off point.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Kobojunkiee: 6:26pm On Nov 17, 2020
Nuttella:
I will not pay attention to your illogical argument when you dont read the bible. Arguing off point.
I am afraid you are the one who doesn't read the bible here.

Matthew 16 vs 13-20 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
13. Jesus went to the area of Caesarea Philippi. He said to his followers, “Who do people say I am[b]?”
14. They answered, “Some people say you are John the Baptizer. Others say you are Elijah. And some say you are Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”
15. Then Jesus said to his followers, “And who do you say I am?”
16. Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
17. Jesus answered, “You are blessed, Simon son of Jonah. No one taught you that. My Father in heaven showed you who I am.
18. So I tell you, you are Peter.[c] And I will build my church on this rock. The power of death[d] will not be able to defeat my church.
19. I will give you the keys to God’s kingdom. When you speak judgment here on earth, that judgment will be God’s judgment. When you promise forgiveness here on earth, that forgiveness will be God’s forgiveness.”[e]
20. Then Jesus warned his followers not to tell anyone he was the Messiah.
Your world churches are instead built on foundations laid down by men ... a foundation built on doctrines and traditions of men which are nothing but lies and deceit sold you in the name of God.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Sarsaproko: 6:51pm On Nov 17, 2020
Nuttella:
How can a prophetess of God lack the knowledge of God? Explain in not less that 250 words.

Prophetess that's a hypocrite.. condemning Davido's song while watching Bbnaija.

You are a prophetess of men. Like I said, what you understand is religion and not God.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 17, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
I am afraid you are the one who doesn't read the bible here.

Your world churches are instead built on foundations laid down by men ... a foundation built on doctrines and traditions of men which are nothing but lies and deceit sold you in the name of God.
Is that what you tell yourself anytime your conscience prick you for not going to church, keep looking for excuse not to go to church. God is in the church whether you accept it or not.
Re: Not Attending Church Every Sunday. Is It Such A Big Sin? by Numero9: 8:01pm On Nov 17, 2020
EVILFOREST:
Next FEBRUARY will make it my 13years Anniversary of staying away from Church and its related activities.
Join me as I mark such an adorable feat.

I prefer teaching my KIDS, standard Morals than enrolling them into "speaking in tongues" classes which they completely know nothing about.
CHURCH isn't the only place wia morals can be taught.
In Fact the teaching of MORALS usually stems from the home and the way we do things.
AFRICAN TRADITIONAL HOMES were birthed on morals even before the WHITES came.
KIDS respected their parents and assisted.
WIVES honoured their husbands.
Husbands were really heads and not now.

Wish I could like this a 1000 times.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zambian Prophet Prays For Ladies' Soap To Entice Men (Photos) / Mark Them: False Prophets And Prophetess / Help Me Complete And Translate This Hausa Song.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.