Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,104 members, 7,825,496 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) (80582 Views)

Get Any POS Terminal Here / Please How Do I Get A Court Order For The Bank To Reverse A Transaction / How to get a POS for ATM cash withdrawal and Deposit business in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by SpicyMimi(f): 10:20am On Nov 18, 2020
Oka4:
Your caution is good, however there is more needed to make an online transaction than just d numbers on your ATM card. Ever heard of OTP? It has to be sent to your mobile number for confirmation
Ignorance everywhere angry

Foreign sites won’t request for OTP
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by MozB: 10:21am On Nov 18, 2020
Donjazzy12:
No fraudster can take money from your account without your ATM pin.
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by Joeblizz: 10:21am On Nov 18, 2020
Psoul:

Look at this one ooo.
Are you normal at all.
Whether I use the money for online transaction or dating site, has the not bn removed from ur account?
Do I need to eat the cash raw. I will use it to pay for what I want.

Why are you thinking incoherently?

Help me tell them
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by Rhectz(m): 10:21am On Nov 18, 2020
Uzomacharles:

Lies
I said mention the USA sites and you're here explaining craps for me

WordPress is an example
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by Joeblizz: 10:22am On Nov 18, 2020
SpicyMimi:

Ignorance everywhere angry

Foreign sites won’t request for OTP

Oga you don't need ATM to pay for stuff online ok use your head
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by justli: 10:22am On Nov 18, 2020
lekki1444:
WWW.fehingbole.com

Site doesn't work
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by Owologbo(m): 10:24am On Nov 18, 2020
Donjazzy12:
What about OTP? It's actually not that easy.
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by nolywe(m): 10:25am On Nov 18, 2020
olusma23:

Then go and withdraw the 8 months salary he his owing you na.
I need to know how to use it without otp
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by Nobody: 10:25am On Nov 18, 2020
lekki1444:
am interested in the bolded. enlighten me

You can activate or deactivate your card on your bank app. Just go to card services... different terms for different bank apps....you will sha see card bla bla bla

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by poiZon: 10:27am On Nov 18, 2020
oluoma1:
pls what is Otp, educate me small, ayam not understanding? wink grin
Otp means on top person money

1 Like

Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by lekki1444: 10:27am On Nov 18, 2020
densel:

You can activate or deactivate your card on your bank app. Just go to card services... different terms for different bank apps....you will sha see card bla bla bla
thank you Sir. any idea how to do it for zenith ?
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by SpicyMimi(f): 10:28am On Nov 18, 2020
NurseJay:

Without my PIN?
Yes, and they will go on online shopping spree grin
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 18, 2020
Devynecheeh:
With scammers knowing your BVN alone..your account is at risk...
Talkless of having your card info

True. During the lockdown a scammer called me that I should send him my bvn no only. I just call am 419 them he ended the call.
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by blackgold90(m): 10:29am On Nov 18, 2020
Sagay212:
Very nonsense and daft yarns. Somebody will tell you that a POS is not working and take your atm card along to get another POS from wherever the phuck? You will stand there while they take your atm card to another room? Some of una go just dey drop rubbish comment.

Make e for rhyme
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by SpicyMimi(f): 10:33am On Nov 18, 2020
infortech:
is not possible to withdrew your money without OTP or Your pin, unless you have access to the person phone. even buying tins online OTP will still be sent to you on the registered number of the ATM.
Smh! Please remove Tech from your moniker.
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by Hallabee1(m): 10:33am On Nov 18, 2020
gentlesinna:
. My brother knowledge is power..there are softwares that bypass OTP and your atm PIN
Fraudsters this days don't need ur pin or otp.
The only information they need is ur card details especially that 3 digit number at d back of ur card which is more important in there fraudulent act.

help me tell them ooo.... i was at a pos agent to cash money , the lady before me was calling her pin and i told her that it is wrong to so she follow me argue that no one can get her money without her card , i told her that just let me snap the ATM card if i no go withdraw without the card , na him she come down and reason what i told her. Please tell them that their ATM is more important than even the pin, or why are people calling there bank to block there card. If you send me the back then see what i can do, my signature speak.

1 Like

Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by TinubuGoQuench(f): 10:35am On Nov 18, 2020
supportnija:

Stop telling lies, if it is possible those sixteen numbers will not shown out. Is is not possible without your pin. Don't tell me to send it to you because there is no need.

SHUT UP!
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by SpicyMimi(f): 10:35am On Nov 18, 2020
solasoulmusic:

True and besides banks know your patterns ...what you purchase and your spending range any item not really commonly purchased by you will not go through. It’s like profiling they monitor your habits.

Also the address has to match the one on file and don’t forget your phone puts you at a particular place at a time so when disputing charges it is easy to return to the scene of the crime and have evidence that this is where it occurred. Lastly choose Standard Chartered they don’t play that.
Hahahahaha haha Nairalander’s ehnnnn! The ignorance level in this post is choking!!!
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by ErnieSmallzz(f): 10:36am On Nov 18, 2020
grin Omo the best thing is not to have an atm card at all... I don’t.. looks like a waste of time to me, when everyone accepts transfer now....
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 18, 2020
Psoul:

Bros, no and he no fit.
The thing is that some people tend to limit themselves withing the confinement of the little they know and are not open to learn what they don't know.
And they also believe that whatever they don't know does not exist. That is stupidity.

Do u know that I just need the 1st 6 digits of ur ATM Card to tell you much about the kind of card u carry. The Bank etc.

The 1st digit will tell u weda u are carrying Visa or Master Card. You call it System Number.
If it starts with:
4 it is Visa Card
5 it is Master Card

The next 5 digits after the system number is the Bank Number. That is the bank that issued the ATM Card.
So this first 6 digits are very important in hacking ATM Card.

The next 9 digits is useful only to bank cos they use it to identify the owner of the ATM card. That is where your Account number and personal details are embedded.

What about the last digit of ur ATM Card. That is the Check Digit which is calculated based on the Luhn algorithm. It prevents unintended mistakes that are bound to appear if the numbers are typed manually.

Do u also know that when u places ur ATM Card over UV light, just like paper currency, you will see "V" for Visa Card and "M" for Master Card?

Someone that does not know anything about Card and how it operates will be jumping up and down with limited superficial knowledge.

verve and master card which is used in foreign transaction.
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by Hallabee1(m): 10:36am On Nov 18, 2020
Donjazzy12:
snap you ATM back for me please
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by Tookool(m): 10:37am On Nov 18, 2020
Donjazzy12:

...or an otp

1 Like

Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by temi1290: 10:37am On Nov 18, 2020
deepwater:

everything about your card is embedded / updated in that silver foil at the back of the card.
a swipe can send u to the village with polyethylene bag

Una get bad mouth for this nairaland sha,I don laff taya for this thread

3 Likes

Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by Hallabee1(m): 10:39am On Nov 18, 2020
galantjoe:
Best safety is to have ATM account. That is a bank account you will used to make atm or Pos withdrawal and you will not keep substantial amount or your life savings in the account.

Once fraudster get hold of ur card number and that 3digit number at the back of atm card, getting your pin is small case.

Be cyber smart!

my brother, God bless you

1 Like

Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by Opexzy: 10:39am On Nov 18, 2020
ebenezer202l:
it will request for otp which will be impossible for your transaction to be successful

Pleeas listen to what the op is saying, otp request solely depends on the gateway... It's a kind of additional security layer by some gateway platforms... Expecially gateway platforms that offers services to other businesses like paystack or flutterwave.

Some payments platform don't add that especially in the Western countries... Otp aren't needed to use your cards.

Please keep your cards safe that's the only way.. Facebook, Google, alibaba doesn't require otp even PayPal, before they deduct your money.

I know this because I am into tech and i have been involved in development of such systems before.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by temi1290: 10:42am On Nov 18, 2020
tartar9:
We really have to be careful...igbos are everywhere.

U must be very stupid
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by bigiyaro(m): 10:42am On Nov 18, 2020
nedekid:

Oga, listen and learn from him.
Years back, I ordered refurbished common rail injection units for a truck I owned back then from the UK. They sent me an invoice. I asked how to pay, all they said was to provide them with my card number and expiry date. I had not finished calling the number over the phone when debit alert entered.
I was like how did they do it? shocked
Meanwhile I was here in Lagos oh.
technology has since moved from the archaic level.

1 Like

Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by BigJoe19: 10:44am On Nov 18, 2020
See as foolish guys they cast themselves here, if you can wipe an account without otp and PIN you don't have to be saying it, until una cast una self. Na all these little boys wey just start hustle dey type all this kind nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by Tapout(m): 10:49am On Nov 18, 2020
Tiwaz2:
When he/she goes inside, your ATM card will be snapped (including the surface and below) with a smartphone.

why would you even allow a stranger leave your presence with you ATM card in the first place?? undecided most times we are scammed due to our own laxity.

3 Likes

Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by holywind(m): 10:49am On Nov 18, 2020
thanks for the info
Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by Trendingnews20: 10:49am On Nov 18, 2020
Uzomacharles:

Mention them let me prove you wrong

Lol...this guy is an undercover Scammer. You think you're smart? Get d Bleep outta here.

1 Like

Re: Be Careful When Making A Transaction At A POS Terminal (Here Is Why) by SouthWestBlood(m): 10:51am On Nov 18, 2020
Donjazzy12:

They don't need your ATM PIN to use to shop on foreign websites. Although, they may have to provide a OTP through Verified by Visa or Mastercard Secure Code.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

How Do I Track Items I Bought From Aliexpress Using China Post Air Mail. / Aliko Dangote And His Ex Wife Meet, Years After Divorce (Photos) / Top 11 Quick Loan Apps In Nigeria For Individuals And Business Owners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.