Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,226 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. (1408 Views)

Why Are Girls From Rich Homes More Appreciative? / Why Are Girls Attracted To This Guy (photos) / Viral Picture Of Nigerian Bride Who Didn’t Wear Makeup On Her Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by Blackpearlxx(f): 4:30pm On Nov 19, 2020
Okay, so going back: PEOPLE TEND TO TREAT US DIFFERENTLY WITHOUT MAKEUP OR DRESSING HALF NAKED .This is quite frustrating, because we should be lifting up each other, but I dunno. Btw, NOT everyone,Just most strangers.

• When I'm wearing make up, random girls would say the most sincere ‘sorry‘ when we accidentally bumped into each other on the hallway, even when it’s my fault,but without it, even if they have hurt me so hard, they don't say 'sorry', most would just look at me then walk away.

•most times we easily get noticed and lots of attention when wearing makeup or dressed half naked..these are the times we even get a lot of opportunities than just being normal.

• While shopping, when I'm wearing make up, they'd happily accompany me, ask me what do I like, the size, color, etc. But, when I'm just my normal face, they don't even greet me when I enter the shop.

• Also in a convenience store. One time, I went there looking fine for an event I will attend afterwards, they were very cheerful and polite. But, when I went there, just woke up and bought some ramyeon, they just looked at me and just continued talking to each other.

There are other more instances but slightly similar to those above.But, salesmen are always polite if I look fine or not fine, male strangers would still open doors for me, so yeah… Do people treat me differently with and without make up? YES.
Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by Soarr(m): 4:31pm On Nov 19, 2020
Why are guys treated differently when they have money and when they don't?
Why are guys treated differently when they cruise a ride and when they trek?
Why is a sane man with nice dressing treated differently from a mad man?

11 Likes

Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by donbachi(m): 4:41pm On Nov 19, 2020
ajuju.
Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by 2dice01: 4:41pm On Nov 19, 2020
cheesy
Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by gunners160(m): 4:48pm On Nov 19, 2020
Eriga say " problem no dey finish "" . So women problems no go ever finish. God gave them natural hair, but they prefer dead body own.God have them nails, them still add witchcraft nails on top, God gave them eye lashes, them shave ham commot use eye pencil draw ham. So wetin you wey your papa no be anything wan give them again? Just look and ignore, jor
Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by Twelfthman: 4:50pm On Nov 19, 2020
I prefer my woman with no makeup. Maybe a light one if she so wish but not a heavy one
Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by Jessepaid(m): 4:54pm On Nov 19, 2020
Same reason why tinted glass is preferred to factory fitted transparent glass in cars....
E dey make am look dope...
Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by Humanoid01(m): 5:53pm On Nov 19, 2020
The answer is pretty simple: most people only treat others kindly when they are good looking. Unfortunately, it's man's nature to only place value on things that appear pleasant. Only 1 in 20 persons will see things differently and not be fazed by looks.

OP, my advice: don't force yourself to look a certain way because of people. They'll gain so much power over you. No need to paint your face to make people like you. Try to look natural and don't give a damn how people react. If you feel the need to wear a make up, do that moderately. The world is dominated by fake people who only stick around when the going is smooth, but there are few real people and they'll come around, trust me.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by Blackpearlxx(f): 6:07pm On Nov 19, 2020
Soarr:
I’m seeking for answers too smiley
Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by Blackpearlxx(f): 6:07pm On Nov 19, 2020
Humanoid01:
The answer is pretty simple: most people only treat others kindly when they are good looking. Unfortunately, it's man's nature to only place value on things that appear pleasant. Only 1 in 20 persons will see things differently and not be fazed by looks.

OP, my advice: don't force yourself to look a certain way because of people. They'll gain so much power over you. No need to paint your face to make people like you. Try to look natural and don't give a damn how people react. If you feel the need to wear a make up, do that moderately. The world is dominated by fake people who only stick around when the going is smooth, but there are few real people and they'll come around, trust me.
True tho cool
Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by Blackpearlxx(f): 6:09pm On Nov 19, 2020
Jessepaid:
Same reason why tinted glass is preferred to factory fitted transparent glass in cars....
E dey make am look dope...
So what’s the solution
Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by Blackpearlxx(f): 6:09pm On Nov 19, 2020
Twelfthman:
I prefer my woman with no makeup. Maybe a light one if she so wish but not a heavy one
cheesy
Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by Shortyy(f): 6:18pm On Nov 19, 2020
Ramyone, are you in south Korea?
Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by Shortyy(f): 6:19pm On Nov 19, 2020
Humanoid01:

You've said it all.
Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by Shortyy(f): 6:21pm On Nov 19, 2020
Soarr:

This is not a man vz woman thing. How y'all turn every thread on this section to gender war is quite irritating! Gosh this forum is so toxic !
Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by Soarr(m): 6:46pm On Nov 19, 2020
Shortyy:

This is not a man vz woman thing. How y'all turn every thread on this section to gender war is quite irritating! Gosh this forum is so toxic !
Pls be sensible..
I am not turning anything to tribal war..
I just reintroduce the same question in another dimension..
Is your brain wired for gender war?
People didn't even see it the way you are portraying it, even I that wrote it didn't see it in that context.
This is the same way you tackled me on my other moniker, you react without first analyzing the aim of people's writeup..

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by Humanoid01(m): 6:51pm On Nov 19, 2020
Shortyy:

I don't think he meant it the way you put it. I think he was trying to make the OP see that it's not just a girl thing, it's a general phenomenon irrespective of gender.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by Shortyy(f): 6:54pm On Nov 19, 2020
Soarr:
Pls be sensible..
I am not turning anything to tribal war..
I just reintroduce the same question in another dimension..
Is your brain wired for gender war?
People didn't even see it the way you are portraying it, even I that wrote it didn't see it in that context

Which people? You mean your fellow teenagers. If you wanted to reintroduce the topic, you should've created yours! Besides the topic was different from your contribution.
Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by jamiudarex(m): 6:55pm On Nov 19, 2020
Soarr:
Guy you killed it grin cool
Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by tobechi74: 6:55pm On Nov 19, 2020
If you do not wear make up, it is assumed you cannot afford one. You are perceived to be in a lower social class
Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by Lightangel65: 6:56pm On Nov 19, 2020
Shortyy:

That wasn't gender war all the gender wars are in your head. She is asking a question she knows the answer to and the questions he gave her if she reasons it she would know the answer to her question
Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by Shortyy(f): 6:57pm On Nov 19, 2020
Lightangel65:

That wasn't gender war all the gender wars are in your head. She is asking a question she knows the answer to and the questions he gave her if she reasons it she would know the answer to her question

The answer he gave had nothing to do with the topic.
Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by Bodyodour: 6:59pm On Nov 19, 2020
Why are good guys always rejected
Why are guys who spend on a girl always seen as a 'maga' by the girl undecided
Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by Shortyy(f): 6:59pm On Nov 19, 2020
Humanoid01:

I don't think he meant it the way you put it. I think he was trying to make the OP see that it's not just a girl thing, it's a general phenomenon irrespective of gender.
Next time he should create his own thread.
Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by Lightangel65: 7:02pm On Nov 19, 2020
Shortyy:

The answer he gave had nothing to do with the topic.

Am talking about this quote

Soarr:

Answering this will give her the answer to her questions
Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by Jessepaid(m): 7:17pm On Nov 19, 2020
Blackpearlxx:

So what’s the solution
Hehehh grin stay tinted
Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by Soarr(m): 7:35pm On Nov 19, 2020
Shortyy:

Which people? You mean your fellow teenagers. If you wanted to reintroduce the topic, you should've created yours! Besides the topic was different from your contribution.
your Brain is as short as your height. I can see you like trouble and I see you lack home training.. Quote me again and I will dish you your size hot hot.
PERSON wey reach your elders for house na hin u dey call teenager..
You go get sense Las Las, quote me again. I don't mind this account being banned again, I will just open another one but you will surely regret quoting me
Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by Shortyy(f): 7:43pm On Nov 19, 2020
Soarr:
your Brian is as short as your height. I can see you like trouble and I see you lack home training.. Quote me again and I will dish you your size hot hot.
PERSON wey reach your elders for house na hin u dey call teenager..
You go get sense Las Las, quote me again. I don't mind this account being banned again, I will just open another one but you will surely regret quoting me

Typical teenager. Please act like an adult if indeed you're one.
Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by Dreadlock69(m): 8:04pm On Nov 19, 2020
Ask your gender
Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by Petyprincess(f): 8:13pm On Nov 19, 2020
I don't even notice because I'm usually with natural hair, no makeup and casual dress with sandal and i get the same treatment. In fact last week a man was trying to touch my hair at the bank because he was surprised it's my natural hair so i still get the same cat calling nd compliments.

Few times i wear makeup and dress nice i get really shy because those boys at mainland are something else lipsrsealed you will hear something like "my colour" "my size" "you no wear pant" "lepa onidi isale" so in mainland just dress decently if you don't want to feel embarrassed.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by Blackpearlxx(f): 8:40pm On Nov 19, 2020
donbachi:
ajuju.
What’s ajuju grin
Re: Why Are Girls Treated Differently When They Wear Makeup Vs When They Don’t. by Soarr(m): 8:40pm On Nov 19, 2020
grin
Shortyy:

Typical teenager. Please act like an adult if indeed you're one.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does It Mean When A Girl Says She Needs Space? / My Relationship, My Problem Please Talk To Me / 1.2-inch Roman Penis Pendant With ‘Foreskin, Shaft And Pubes’ Is Found In UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.