Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,271 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:24 AM

EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review (25447 Views)

Man Attacks Reno Omokri After #HarassBuhariOutOfNewYork Protest (Video) / EndSARS: LCC Repossesses Lekki Toll Gate / LCC: Our Cameras Stopped Recording From 8pm On Night Of Lekki Shooting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by ProT: 5:42pm On Nov 21, 2020
Amotolongbo:
A monkey must have hacked this nairaland monicker to post this.

In the CCTV video shown at the sitting, it captured the arrival of the patrol vans and how it was approaching from Victoria Island.

The video showed how the protesters were receding after seeing the patrol van.

The video showed the siren of the van swirling where the military men were stationed.

[b]But the video could not show the activities of the military men and the blank shots into the air which military representative, General Ibrahim Taiwo, testified to affirmatively at the panel

These have been contradicting.
Does that mean the military men didn’t act and the stone pelting at the military didn’t happen at all when they got to the scene as shown to us by the cctv video?

Or the Army General that came to the panel to report that blank bullets were shot into the air while the protesters were pelting them at the scene was lying because these were not in the video shown?

Only people with grey mater would understand what u wrote; the "zombified" SonsOfABiich trying to cover-up the Lekki massacre lack it.
Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by IJOBA2: 5:42pm On Nov 21, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Stop being a Hypocrite.
We have youths in the panel, the evidence can be Channel through them.

No evidence that's why we're seeing no one. They only rant online
FLAMING YOU AGAIN. YOU HAVE DECIDED NOT TO HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH TRUTH FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE embarassed
Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by Inkling(f): 5:43pm On Nov 21, 2020
360degreess:
Keep fhooling urself.i watched the video over & over,the soldiers did not shoot at the stubborn protesters..all this while,how comes no body has come out 2 say that he/she lost any member of his family or friend?..may God disgrace whoever that is behind/supporiting this fake news b4 the end of this year.AMEN!
Brain is paining you
Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by openmine(m): 5:43pm On Nov 21, 2020
[s]
360degreess:
Keep fhooling urself.i watched the video over & over,the soldiers did not shoot at the stubborn protesters..all this while,how comes no body has come out 2 say that he/she lost any member of his family or friend?..may God disgrace whoever that is behind/supporiting this fake news b4 the end of this year.AMEN!
[/s]
Did you watch the interview the lagos state governor had with Cnn's Becky Anderson?

Becky: How many deaths can you confirm in the lekki shooting?
Babajide Sanwo-Olu: I can confirm two deaths!

End of Story!
Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by JoeEeL(m): 5:43pm On Nov 21, 2020
GoodGovernance:

Stupidity is when you think only what you believe is the truth.

If you think you know the truth,please go to the judicial panel to present them.

As at the present moment,those who believe there was no massacre have more reasons to beleive so than those who think there was.The latter are only acting on emotions and populism.

Of course only an idiot would not want justice.

Those who seek justice should go to the judicial panel to provide evidence beyond reasonable doubt.

What is your problem? Let me first know where to handle you from.

That there was a 'massacre' or that there was no one killed? What's your stand?
Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by omenka(m): 5:46pm On Nov 21, 2020
Farki:

Let me be frank and honest with you here.

People died at the tollgate, people were injured at the tollgate and to constantly see the likes of you all over this forum trying to spin it as political and the work of secessionists is disgusting.

From the so called patriots and lovers of Nigeria who only love it when a representative of their political party or ethnic group is overseeing the state affairs you have gone to great lengths to mock, ridicule and spit on the lives and efforts of NIGERIANS who's only crime is trying to fix one of it's major problems.

Buhari could have won a great victory here, the PR from APC solving the problems and delivering swift justice could have swung the youth in their favour but no, they had to act the only way they know, with force and intimidation and now their urchins all over social defending and denying this rubbish.

I don't care if it's Wike, Sanwo-Olu or any other politician, I don't give a damn about any of that but after seeing all the nonsense you and your friends have typed I seriously have to ask what the fck is wrong with all of you?

AFMAP.

Bye.
Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by Tonyblessed(m): 5:46pm On Nov 21, 2020
Yenefer:
Lekki shooting is a fake news. Is a propaganda to tarnish the Army and Buhari.
wondered why nothing was mentioned about the killings of security agents, civilians and the reckless destruction/looting of private and public properties of Nigerians by the #EndSARS protesters.

Just as you are fake news also and a fake Nigerian. You must be from Niger. Mumu

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by ThatFairGuy1: 5:46pm On Nov 21, 2020
IJOBA2:
FLAMING YOU AGAIN. YOU HAVE DECIDED NOT TO HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH TRUTH FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE embarassed
Do you have any evidence as regard the Matter?
I can channel it to the panel
Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by Farki: 5:47pm On Nov 21, 2020
Vaughanlanrewaj:

I don't really think you understand that those insisting on the investigation are not suggesting that there was no shooting.

What the real issue is that Lagos was burnt down on account of this issue and it is becoming increasingly clear no one died at Lekki.

If they were killed, did the soldier kill and swallowed their bodies and those of their families, friends, colleagues and neighbours?

It is impossible. So who died? Where are their bodies? Where are their families, friends or colleagues or neighbours?

That is the issue you are trying to cover or ignore.

The people whose lives, properties etc were destroyed based on this fake news of Lekki are hurting very bad and they may resort to self help if it is established that no one died in Lekki.

So instead of getting angry, let's persuade any one we know that has lost of loved one to soldiers bullets to speak up.

Meanwhile, there is a viral audio of IPOB leader instructing and commanding his IPOB members to burn down Lagos and Lagos was burnt.

First off the governor himself confirmed 2 people died at Lekki so you can fck off with that bullshit second you can see videos of people all over social media and news reports with bullet injures so fck off with that too.

The government also told us 37 policemen died, where are their bodies? Where are their family members?

Second you are putting forward a ridiculous conspiracy theory based on total and utter bullshit, there has been no proof and and I mean NONE that IPOB was responsible for this and I fcking despise IPOB.

The people who looted and burned things didn't just do it in Lagos they did it all over the country but your fish brain won't think about any of that and keeps pushing this bullshit IPOB conspiracy.

Or were the Yoruba touts on Lagos Island who burnt the government buildings IPOB? I know people who work in Lagos Island and they keep telling me how they find Isale Eko market women with government documents that they used to sell akara.

Please get your stupid ass out of my mentions.
Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by Saao(m): 5:47pm On Nov 21, 2020
360degreess:
soldiers said they shoot blank bullets but u said they did not. Get sense abeg
Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by Vaughanlanrewaj: 5:48pm On Nov 21, 2020
NickD:

Here we go again, your last statement shows your mind is biased. IPOB burnt down Lagos?? I guess the same IPOB were the ones that were swimming in the Obas palace too. Please rid your mind of tribalism it won't help you move forward. Until Nigeria stops all this nonsense of pointing fingers at different regions Nigeria will never move forward.

As for the family not coming forward they chose not to because no amount of compensation will bring back the dead or remove the pain.

Dear sir, I am not sure you have listened to the audio. There is no way the IPOB leader by now should not have been extradited back to Nigeria for prosecution but for tribal politics in it. You should get thst audio and listen to it sir.

The IPOB leader told his followers directly to go burn down Lagos and even mentioned people whose properties should be burnt down along with Lagos.

Please how does listening to such a very offensive video and seeing so far no dead has been identified in Lekki yet Lagos burnt now make it out of place sir?

It is justifiably biased and we all need to demand that this be investigated too as much as we keep the pressure on people to speak up if they lost a loved one to soldiers bullet in Lekki.

Justice must be done. Even Igbos whose properties got burnt down in Lagos need the justice.

The reason no family has come forward for now seems it is because nobody died in the first place. Whoever had died in Lekki , if proven to have died from the shooting in real sense died a matyr and hero. So it still does not add up if the family or friend or colleagues or neighbours of such a Matyr remain silent even after the challenge by the government.

Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by TruthinAction: 5:49pm On Nov 21, 2020
360degreess:

How much did they pay you. You will end of

up in hell if you don't repent.

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by IJOBA2: 5:49pm On Nov 21, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Do you have any evidence as regard the Matter?
I can channel it to the panel
NOT REALLY. DO YOU??
Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by GoodGovernance: 5:50pm On Nov 21, 2020
Simeon88:

Fake news only flourish in the absence of the truth. The government is hiding the truth which is why the so called fake news is trending. Just show the world the dammed true video of what happened and all this controversy will be brought to an end. The video should should the crowd haulling stones at the soldiers. It should show the soldiers calming them down and giving the water. It should show the soldiers dispersing the crowd by shooting blank armo to the air... I just tire for this country

Your commentary is very unfortunate.

So you expect the government to provide video evidence of all that happened? How? Did the government have a pre-knowledge of what will happen on 20.10.2020.for it to have provided full video coverage,like a deliberate film show?

For God's sake ,the LCC CCTV camera was installed to capture only traffic flow,not army shootings or a full coverage of any other event!!!!

And you believe the govt is hiding the truth because the video footage did not cover what it was not installed to cover?

Are you sure a sane person would agree with you on this your comment:

"The video should should the crowd haulling stones at the soldiers. It should show the soldiers calming them down and giving the water. It should show the soldiers dispersing the crowd by shooting blank armo to the air... I just tire for this country"

Just like a well planned Nollywood film,abi?

I can only pity any other person still thinking like you

2 Likes

Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by fantastic1: 5:55pm On Nov 21, 2020
I can't believe that there are people like you who can come out and defend an army that is known for extrajudicial acts. That one self no pain me. What is good about Buhari that someone will want to tarnish?
Yenefer:
wondered why nothing was mentioned about the killings of security agents, civilians and the reckless destruction/looting of private and public properties of Nigerians by the #EndSARS protesters.
Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by zedman1(m): 5:56pm On Nov 21, 2020
omenka:
Thinking about this whole stuff, I'd like to ask the proponents of "massacre" today are you guys insisting there was a massacre despite the overwhelming evidence saying otherwise BECAUSE YOU CARE SO MUCH ABOUT HUMAN LIVES or are you insisting on it BECAUSE SUCH FAVOURS YOUR POLITICAL BIASES?

I'm not one of those to pander to emotional blackmail, being on the forum for over a decade, I've grown rhino thick skin to such bullshit. We are here to call a spade what it is.

How come similar concern was never shown over the butchery that took place in Anambra under pdp and Peter Obi admin? How come same anger and publicity never accompanied the OYIGBO incident for weeks? Or are the lives of those in OYIGBO less important than that of Lagosians? What about Odi? What about Zaki Biam?

We have become a country where the denouncement of a criminal or condemnation of a crime depends largely on our political nuances. It is terrible and shameful, but that is what it is. It is my sincere hope this attitude of ours changes for the better.

That said, I want to tell those who could care to read, the first step towards fixing a problem is identifying
and admitting there is indeed a problem, similar way one gets a prognoses before commencement of a medical intervention. Therefore, let us stop denying the fact this is all political jousting, then we can move to fix our attitude, God help us.
Nice one. A whole lot of Nigerians allow the crowd to do their thinking for them. A whole lot have their brains being controlled by silly emotions and St*pid politics to the point they do not even want to know what is right or wrong anymore. It's for this reason I think Nigeria's problem can hardly be solved by any leader, why? Because it's citizens are a major problem.Besides,where do our so called 'leaders' emerge from?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 21, 2020
I always knew these so called panels were a sham
Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by Itzwilliamrex: 5:58pm On Nov 21, 2020
360degreess:
Na God go punish youapa
Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by Awoo88: 6:00pm On Nov 21, 2020
360degreess:
U no wisse!! People are coming to to give details of what happened. there are at least five confirmed dead with families testifying. There is a footage of a hospital scene where a nurse was giving detail of who just died and whom is still alive as a result of injuries sustain from. the shooting. poeple like you who for mere 30k throw away your brains to become on line foot soldiers for tyrant, una time dey come
Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by Adau123(m): 6:02pm On Nov 21, 2020
Redoil:
who are those telling the truth and who are those telling lies
Where are the deceased relation that were massacred at Lekki tollgate?Are the afraid to come out and testify before the panel, from the beginning of episode nobody ever come out to claim fatality of such apart from the two.
Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by Thefxchanger: 6:02pm On Nov 21, 2020
ThatFairGuy1:

Stop being a Hypocrite.
We have youths in the panel, the evidence can be Channel through them.

No evidence that's why we're seeing no one. They only rant online

Which youths again? The ones whose accts were frozen and pulled out ?

And the youths there will be the one to protect whoever goes out to testify?

Receive sense
Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by Okoroawusa: 6:04pm On Nov 21, 2020
hisgrace090:

Any one who try your suggestion in this pressent nigeria may not come back alive.

Then leak it to the international media. Saharareporters will be glad to air it.
Even you can leak it on the internet.
Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by funmiayodele(f): 6:04pm On Nov 21, 2020
They didn't shoot, but they use blank ammunition. Hhmm
360degreess:
Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by Okoroawusa: 6:06pm On Nov 21, 2020
Awoo88:

U no wisse!! People are coming to to give details of what happened. there are at least five confirmed dead with families testifying. There is a footage of a hospital scene where a nurse was giving detail of who just died and whom is still alive as a result of injuries sustain from. the shooting. poeple like you who for mere 30k throw away your brains to become on line foot soldiers for tyrant, una time dey come
Wow!
You all that in the video watched by the panel today?
Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by Vaughanlanrewaj: 6:08pm On Nov 21, 2020
Farki:

There were riots in Imo, Enugu and Abia did IPOB tell them to burn those down as well?

Honestly, I don't have facts on that but I listened to the audio where he told his IPOB members to burn down Lagos.

Please go and listen to the audio, watch the level of the carnage in Lagos, the unprecedented amount of fake creatives showing dead bodies piled said to be the dead in Lekki and the fact that till date, no single corpse has been discovered and no family or colleagues or neighbours have stated that they lost loved ones in Lekki.

Who created all those creatives, why is IPOB leader not extradited to face investigation etc.
Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by chineduuf: 6:08pm On Nov 21, 2020
At about 7:48 pm the video showed burning tires and remained fixated on the scene for minutes. By 7:59 pm when the video ought to have ended, it continued to play but remained fixated on two security vehicles.

Are these guys that dumb or they choose to be ignorant? Like, ogbeni, nothing dey shele!
Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 21, 2020
If I ask you now, you will say they shot into the air at Lekki, so no one was killed.
Now what happened in Abuja few days ago with the detail of the speaker?? Which direction did they shot?? Did anyone die??

Keep deceiving your self, I guess you don't know how Instagram live works, you don't understand the physics behind released bullets, you just sit in your house and keep saying trash.

360degreess:
Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by ccollins(m): 6:10pm On Nov 21, 2020
Yenefer:
apc agents on the roll. go back to the military regime as it seems u don't really like the democracy we are. thats why your masters are misusing our democracy
Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by richie240: 6:13pm On Nov 21, 2020
openmine:
[s][/s]
Did you watch the interview the lagos state governor had with Cnn's Becky Anderson?

Becky: How many deaths can you confirm in the lekki shooting?
Babajide Sanwo-Olu: I can confirm two deaths!

End of Story!
And let's assume its two.
Where u come from, '2 killed' and '78 massacred', are they the same?

Biko, d energy u and ur lots are using in defending a bodiless 'massacre' in Lagos, make una carry am go oyigbo in rivers state, abi oyigbo lives nor matter ni?
cool

Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by oluwaahmed: 6:14pm On Nov 21, 2020
Yenefer:

Hi, pls do female suicide bombers get 72 male virgins in Islamic paradise?
Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by omenka(m): 6:15pm On Nov 21, 2020
Vaughanlanrewaj:

I don't really think you understand that those insisting on the investigation are not suggesting that there was no shooting.

What the real issue is that Lagos was burnt down on account of this issue and it is becoming increasingly clear no one died at Lekki.

If they were killed, did the soldier kill and swallowed their bodies and those of their families, friends, colleagues and neighbours?

It is impossible. So who died? Where are their bodies? Where are their families, friends or colleagues or neighbours?

That is the issue you are trying to cover or ignore.

The people whose lives, properties etc were destroyed based on this fake news of Lekki are hurting very bad and they may resort to self help if it is established that no one died in Lekki.

So instead of getting angry, let's persuade any one we know that allegedly has lost a loved one to soldiers bullets in Lekki to speak up.
How that has remained too difficult still amazes me shocked

Meanwhile, there is a viral audio of IPOB leader instructing and commanding his IPOB members to burn down Lagos and Lagos was burnt.
Didn't even get to read the bullshit the person you quoted posted. I know it is one mass of emotional balderdash.

Everyone around here knows I don't give wholesome support to the government as I used to, because I don't lie to myself. The government has failed disastrously in alot of areas we had believed they'd made tangible progress in. That is not in doubt TO ME.

But, what these pdp supporters fail to understand is that some of us have surpassed that era where people tend to have their thoughts and expressions driven entirely by mundane sentiments and emotions. I don't allow that. I'm not a kid. I made a very sincere comment and I stand by it.

From the discussions surrounding this incident and the tone of pdp supporters, I am more than convinced they had thought in their minds they've struck gold as per campaign tool for 2023 when news broke about the shooting in Lekki. Boosted by the account of DJ switch (which has been proving more and more to be riddled with half truths and outright flasehoods) they imagined 2023 has been handed them on a silver platter. So one understands their anger against anyone trying to poke holes in the story. They would do anything to protect and project that narrative of a "massacre" NO MATTER WHAT.

That is what is going on BUT THEY WILL NEVER ADMIT IT.
Re: EndSARS: LCC Protest Video Footage Reveals Nothing — Vanguard Review by NickD(m): 6:17pm On Nov 21, 2020
Vaughanlanrewaj:

Dear sir, I am not sure you have listened to the audio. There is no way the IPOB leader by now should not have been extradited back to Nigeria for prosecution but for tribal politics in it. You should get thst audio and listen to it sir.

The IPOB leader told his followers directly to go burn down Lagos and even mentioned people whose properties should be burnt down along with Lagos.

Please how does listening to such a very offensive video and seeing so far no dead has been identified in Lekki yet Lagos burnt now make it out of place sir?

It is justifiably biased and we all need to demand that this be investigated too as much as we keep the pressure on people to speak up if they lost a loved one to soldiers bullet in Lekki.

Justice must be done. Even Igbos whose properties got burnt down in Lagos need the justice.

The reason no family has come forward for now seems it is because nobody died in the first place. Whoever had died in Lekki , if proven to have died from the shooting in real sense died a matyr and hero. So it still does not add up if the family or friend or colleagues or neighbours of such a Matyr remain silent even after the challenge by the government.
I'm really shocked at your stance on this. This was a peaceful protest for about 10days, most organized in the history of Nigeria. Government decides to send thugs which we've seen several videos of them being ferried in Govt vehicles to disrupt the peace in several states. This is what the government always do. I repeat for the last time on this matter leave IPOB out of this and face the facts. Just like some elements were used to disrupt the last election in Lagos they deployed the same thugs so the blame game can start. Alot of myopic Nigerians out there who have tribalistic mentalities are the ones tilting and flowing with the school of thought. I thank God for social media. The days of government churning down lies down the throats of people are over except they want us to be another North Korea or China. LET'S STOP TRIBALISM AND HOLD THE GOVERNMENT RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS AND INACTIONS. This would be my last post on this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ado Doguwa Calls Toby Okechukwu ‘Messenger Of Doom' / I Will Strive To Be The Best Minister In Buhari’s Cabinet - Onu / ECOWAS Court Orders FG To Pay N88bn Civil War Damages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.