Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,683 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? (9116 Views)

Muslim Allows Pastor Sleep In A Mosque As Christians Refused Him Accommodation / As Christians, How Can We Overcome Sin? / Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by chuksjuve(m): 12:53pm On Nov 22, 2020
Akube1z:
How should we relate with the unbelievers.
The unbelievers are those who practice other religions aside Christainity and those who don't believe in Jesus Christ and God. It best we relate cautiously and firmly with the unbelievers so we don't get confused or convinced in sinning against God or engaging in unholy acts.

How best should we relate with the unbelievers in our working places / places we find ourselves in ?

Like a doctor to a dying patient
Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by chuksjuve(m): 12:56pm On Nov 22, 2020
Wapchrist1:
Pls someone advice me on what to do , I got admission last two years via Direct entry due to lack of job into Medicine but during the lockdown i venture into motor spare parts business with little capital and the business is moving fine with huge profit . should forger the school and concentrate on the business or leave the business ?

Apply for part-time courses .
Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by vanvino(m): 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2020
Akube1z:
How should we relate with the unbelievers.
The unbelievers are those who practice other religions aside Christainity and those who don't believe in Jesus Christ and God. It best we relate cautiously and firmly with the unbelievers so we don't get confused or convinced in sinning against God or engaging in unholy acts.

How best should we relate with the unbelievers in our working places / places we find ourselves in ?

Do unto others as you will like others do unto you

Religion present God to us as a being we should be looking for like He's far from us...is why you see people jumping form church to church or Religion to Religion where's we should be looking inward and that's the hardest.

Everyman want to be president, Governor, Chireman,....we want to change the world.... But how many really want to change his/herself?
Let your light shine before men....... You know the rest.
Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by Hermes119: 1:00pm On Nov 22, 2020
kingxsamz:

It's like you're being ignorant on purpose.

"You may purchase male or female SLAVES from among the foreigners who live among you" .

If the sentence above has another meaning please let me know.

"He that Stealeth a man" is totally different from "You may purchase a slave.
Don't be ignorant and learn to read and understand.
You probably don't know much in that Bible of yours.
The dude is an apologist,na their way be that,twisting the bible to favour their narratives
Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by ofiko123(m): 1:02pm On Nov 22, 2020
Question: Who is an unbeliever..
Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by PrinceMajestic: 1:06pm On Nov 22, 2020
Foolish religion of terrorists and evil sick sycophants. Muslims and Christian deserve no peace, they're the evil but atheism will bury you all by force

2 Likes

Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by banmee(m): 1:11pm On Nov 22, 2020
Juliusmalema:

You sound like an unbeliever

Even the bible said " Do not be equally yoked with an unbeliever"

As a certified and proud unbeliever I implore all born again christians to stay far the phuck away from me. I don't subscribe to fanatics.

5 Likes

Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by sigiyaya(m): 1:13pm On Nov 22, 2020
Madas1986:
reply him in a more mature manner by bringing your own point rather than insulting it only show how myopic you are too
Every thing in Nigeria sounding insulting even when the truth is clear like a crystal. Religion has succeeded in making you guys in Nigerian more foolish, kiss the truth wink

3 Likes

Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 22, 2020
banmee:

As a certified and proud unbeliever I implore all born again christians to stay far the phuck away from me. I don't subscribe to fanatics.
Religion/Pantheism/Deism can't be correct.
Ultimately,concepts such as the above are wrong
Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by banmee(m): 1:19pm On Nov 22, 2020
HellVictorinho:

Religion/Pantheism/Deism can't be correct.
Ultimately,concepts such as the above are wrong

There are only 3 types of born again christians.

1. Old people who are about to die.

2. Poor and sick people who have no hope.

3. The uneducated.

I can bet my life you fall under one of these.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 22, 2020
With love. Pure love

With a but though.

Never learn their ways so you won't get corrupted.

Love them and relate nicely with them.
Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by MadamExcellency: 1:55pm On Nov 22, 2020
Kingzeez10:

Why is non of you counter this man narration but you all trooped to Muslim threads on Friday's to abuse, shame their religion, calling them pedophiles, rapist etc whereas both of you are the same.

The Op was asking about Christianity and their way of Life while @Kingzeez was relating to Jewish customs and traditions.

Christians are forbade from practicing any custom and traditions Jesus Christ never approved.

Jesus called those things traditions of men.

Jesus simply summarized his ministry and Christian traditions in one sentence. Love your God with all your heart and Love your neighbour as Yourself.

Do to your fellow man what you wish done to you.
Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by Bnladan(m): 2:01pm On Nov 22, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Asked God to open your eyes so that you can see and understand the wonders of his words.

You are of the world.
Trust me, I know God better than u. I serve one and only true God. He is Allah, the One and Only. Allah, the Eternal, Absolute. He begetteth not, nor is He begotten. And there is none like unto him. Muhammad and Jesus peace be upon them are his messengers.

2 Likes

Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by Jaapu: 2:04pm On Nov 22, 2020
seunak2016:
we should relate with them by love,

PS: nairaland can't bring swearing on Christian post but if na Muslim......

If you want to see how Christian relate with unbelievers...Goan check those Muslim threads on Fridays. See Christians disgracing themselves and Christianity on those Muslim threads.

1 Like

Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 22, 2020
Bnladan:

Trust me, I know God better than u. I serve one and only true God. He is Allah, the One and Only. Allah, the Eternal, Absolute. He begetteth not, nor is He begotten. And there is none like unto him. Muhammad and Jesus peace be upon them are his messengers.

The words of sinner are like filthy rag before God. You don't claim you know God more than others. God said I am the one who sees the heart and conscience of men.

It is God who knows and not you. stop ascribing to yourself the position of God.
Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by joelala(m): 2:28pm On Nov 22, 2020
Let me add some more, so these overzealous christians who thinks they are holy and live By the standard of a book and God that condones RAPE, KILLINGS of INFANTS, INCEST AND SLAVERY.....A GOD THAT REEKS OF HATRED AND IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE GREATEST GENOCIDE IN THE BIBLE....

Genesis 19:30-38......A book and God that condones INCEST.

30 Lot and his two daughters left Zoar and settled in the mountains, for he was afraid to stay in Zoar. He and his two daughters lived in a cave. 31 One day the older daughter said to the younger, “Our father is old, and there is no man around here to give us children—as is the custom all over the earth. 32 Let’s get our father to drink wine and then sleep with him and preserve our family line through our father.”

33 That night they got their father to drink wine, and the older daughter went in and slept with him. He was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

34 The next day the older daughter said to the younger, “Last night I slept with my father. Let’s get him to drink wine again tonight, and you go in and sleep with him so we can preserve our family line through our father.” 35 So they got their father to drink wine that night also, and the younger daughter went in and slept with him. Again he was not aware of it when she lay down or when she got up.

Genesis 19:8.....a book that condones RAPE and MOLESTATION. a book that prefers you to protect strangers and give your girls out to be RAPED.
Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But don't do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof."

danyero:
What is loving about a god who kills babies and children, condones slavery and rape, and creates a place of eternal torture?

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl’s owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.
(Exodus 21:7-11)

You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.
Leviticus 25:44-46

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.
(Deuteronomy 22:28-29)

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die.
Deuteronomy 21:18-21

More angry
They warred against Midian, as the Lord commanded Moses, and killed every male. They killed the kings of Midian with the rest of their slain, Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba, the five kings of Midian. And they also killed Balaam the son of Beor with the sword. And the people of Israel took captive the women of Midian and their little ones, and they took as plunder all their cattle, their flocks, and all their goods. All their cities in the places where they lived, and all their encampments, they burned with fire, and took all the spoil and all the plunder, both of man and of beast.
(Numbers 31:7-18)

1 Like

Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by HimName: 2:29pm On Nov 22, 2020
[s]
99thEnemy:

Mr Mohammed Pedophilia. how far with your Osama Encyclopedia? grin grin grin grin
[/s]

Atheist dey tear you and your religion apart. Instead of you to stand tall and fight back with fact and words of wisdom, being a coward that you are, u kukuma turn side bigin attack pipo of other faith wey nor near you.

Evangelist Timothy, u sure say u nor use head nack grand wen u still small so?

3 Likes

Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by LLMG: 2:44pm On Nov 22, 2020
The difference is that those who are not born again are not Christians but church goer's.
paxonel:
I thought you people say Christians who are not born again are unbelievers?
Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by LLMG: 2:49pm On Nov 22, 2020
Decency in expression of thought and opinion is not difficult neither is it expensive to get, try get it, it will do you a lot of good.
danyero:
It is sad that you have become scared of your fellow humans who do not share your delusion.

I mean a blackman worshipping the terrorist god of Israel, asking how to further alienate himself from those who might bring him to reason and common sense, c'mon man undecided
Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by Faroqaoma: 3:05pm On Nov 22, 2020
paxonel:
I thought you people say Christians who are not born again are unbelievers?

Of course they're not. Being born into a christian family doesn't make you a a christian. Being baptized as an infant into the 'christian Faith' too doesn't make you born again or christian either
Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 22, 2020
LLMG:
Decency in expression of thought and opinion is not difficult neither is it expensive to get, try get it, it will do you a lot of good.
"The traitors, sell outs and useful idiots amongst you will not let that happen."

"Your unintelligent southern leaders can't figure out the right thing to do."

"He doesn't need to deceive any body, it's the southern fools that have been deceiving themselves especially their leaders and representatives who have refused to use their brains. The greedy self serving cowards are are OK with crumbs and peanuts. They have brains,they can't use."

The above are comments made by you, you fvcking HYPOCRITE!
Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by LLMG: 3:32pm On Nov 22, 2020
Noted and repents, thanks.
danyero:
"The traitors, sell outs and useful idiots amongst you will not let that happen."

"Your unintelligent southern leaders can't figure out the right thing to do."

"He doesn't need to deceive any body, it's the southern fools that have been deceiving themselves especially their leaders and representatives who have refused to use their brains. The greedy self serving cowards are are OK with crumbs and peanuts. They have brains,they can't use."

The above are comments made by you, you fvcking HYPOCRITE!
Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by paxonel(m): 3:34pm On Nov 22, 2020
Faroqaoma:

Of course they're not. Being born into a christian family doesn't make you a a christian.

Lie!
Where did you people get all these lies from?
Certainly not the bible

Being baptized as an infant into the 'christian Faith' too doesn't make you born again or christian either
keep saying what is not scriptural
Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by paxonel(m): 3:37pm On Nov 22, 2020
Do you think before talking at all?
Do you ever see a Muslim or people practising other religions going to church?
LLMG:
The difference is that those who are not born again are not Christians but church goer's.
Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by Thelife: 3:50pm On Nov 22, 2020
Kingzeez10:

Dem dey torture your religion back to back now you sound pained. I hope you know how it feels when being pay back in your own coin?

smile, it more sound as if you are the one in pain here, please who is torturing whose religion.

common we all know how intolerant you fool can be when we have your time and your religion time, smile don't worry let with till next Friday, I can't wait for you fool to start crying like a baby as usual
Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by PotatoSalad(m): 4:03pm On Nov 22, 2020
99thEnemy:

You for even get time to visit Nairaland? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Na billionaire enjoying his wealth in a private beach grin
Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 4:25pm On Nov 22, 2020
paxonel:
one big fish for you for standing by the truth
What ki d of fish is that? Do I Lok like Chinese you cheesy cheesy
Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by King2019(m): 4:29pm On Nov 22, 2020
Ihedinobi3:

Hey there.

You're exactly right. We ought to be cautious among unbelievers. We must treat them with love and compassion but we are not to put ourselves in spiritual or physical danger from them when we don't need to.

16 “Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.
Matthew 10:16 (NKJV)

Compassion?

Are you God?
Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by rafcrown(m): 5:14pm On Nov 22, 2020
WHO ARE THE UNBELIEVERS ?
WE ALL BELIEVE IN ONE THING OR ANOTHER.
Re: As Christians, How Should We Relate With Unbelievers? by Kingzeez10: 5:27pm On Nov 22, 2020
Thelife:

smile, it more sound as if you are the one in pain here, please who is torturing whose religion.

common we all know how intolerant you fool can be when we have your time and your religion time, smile don't worry let with till next Friday, I can't wait for you fool to start crying like a baby as usual
We're intolerant yet no muslim cause any chaos in your street, we're intolerant yet we didn't bad mouth your religion as you did to ours. Leave Nairaland and check other social media platforms and show me any muslim post that castigate Christians. By now you know that you're the real fool.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Please Give Me One Good Reason Why I Should Go Back To God / If Lucifer Is The "Bringer Of Light",...why Then Is He The Bad One ? / You Better Learn How To Pray

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.