Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? (77282 Views)

10 Strange Professions That No Longer Exist / I Have Great Respect For People With These Professions. / COVID-19: Which Professions Earn More Money During This Pandemic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by Galaticos444: 8:14pm On Nov 23, 2020
optm:
it's the Nigerian society that tolerates such. hence, professionals have free rein in behaving in ways they ought not. Also, an average Nigerian is unnecessarily pround and tend to abuse authority when you are at their mercy. In the Nigerian society, ego is put first before service and institutions are weak in ensuring ethics in professions are adhered to. Majority of these persons you think are rude would not in any way behave same to persons they percieve are in a higher social strata . They only exhibit such when dealing with persons they feel cannot be of help to them or cause them to face some disciplinary actions . these same persons would act differently when in organized societies with working instutions and laws .
u said it all

1 Like

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by donMIG(m): 8:16pm On Nov 23, 2020
I can only confirm one tin or 2
Bankers r fuckin stingy
Nepa staff r big time liars

The rest na only u know oo

1 Like

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by AtoningBlood(m): 8:17pm On Nov 23, 2020
Don't accept rudeness from any banker, they have your money, they should respect you.

Others? Doctors, I will never accept this too, I pay you for the service - I have had to call one to order, and she apologized immediately.

Nurse? This one rushed injection into my veins and I almost lost it, I wrote a complaint note, she returned begging.

Nepa? We use to rock it then when I was still on postpaid, now, respect yourself ni oo.

In all, I always try as much as possible to be civil, if you go beyond your cycle, and want to make it rough, I let you know your limit and then watch how you respond.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by oloshun(m): 8:17pm On Nov 23, 2020
pocohantas:

There is really no justification for their rude behaviors, but you asked and I answered to the best of my ability.

I believe you. They know what they are doing because they will never treat their family and acquaintances like that.
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by SenecaTheYonger: 8:18pm On Nov 23, 2020
Nurses are nice but only when you're not sick.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by MONEY247: 8:18pm On Nov 23, 2020
We are all rude..!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by Abimloaded(m): 8:18pm On Nov 23, 2020
ethicallyright:
Nigerian nurses are used as domestic servants by doctors that they are older than sometimes. This causes deep inferiority complex and aggression which they transfer on patients who book an appointment with a doctor through them . Each time a patient gets to a doctor through them in a hospital, they are reminded of their gross irrelevance in the scheme of things. Have you ever heard of "Nurses strike"? That's how irrelevant they are. I'm describing auxiliary nurses here not matrons and midwives.

Employees you meet at commercial banks are not necessarily banking professionals who understand accounting and economics. Those that collect deposits and customer service officials are usually contract staffs who are made to work like slaves for cheap wages. The only difference between these people and the bank security is their uniform. You most likely have never spoken with a real banker at a bank. The real bankers stay in inner rooms and enjoy their lives.

When you see a "NEPA" staff , there is a high probability that he is coming to disconnect your line because of debt. If you are honest and pay your electricity bills , they will start smiling at you like they smile at me.

Most Nigerian doctors become angry when they remember that you will give their credit to your pastors as testimonies in church. It's really a frustrating thing to think about.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by Emperor4tune(m): 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2020
Nepa own hype pass,whenever i sight them with ladder driving around town with toyota hilux i just wish i had a meter at home, am planning to buy one from them anytime soon,i mean the same meter that was surppose to be shared free to nigerians are been sold for 50k somwhere in PH..country in general na pure scam

1 Like

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by stacyadams: 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2020
grin angry the award in the category of been rude goes to the "oloshos"

grin na some people profession
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by NairaMaster1(m): 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2020
qwertie1234:
i understand that been rude and impolite is something personal but looking around, some professions habour large number of these rude and stern set of peeps and it makes me wonder..

1.Nurses; I recently went to a general hospital to see a friend and seeing the way these nurses handle patients makes me wonder if hostility is part of the nursing curriculum being taught in nursing school... A particular patient was screaming of pains and these nurses were just glued to their plasma television watching zeeworld.. I understand the work load is quite cumbersome but does that justify thier carlous attitude towards people they are meant to take care of...

2. Bankers; epecially the ones in the customer care stand...their attitude can be very annoying.

3.Nepa staff; hmmmm these ones ehn, their ear is selectively non receptive to the word "abeg"...most especially the ones assigned to disconnect light.

4. Doctors; though a few medical doctors are nice, there is still a large chunk of very rude medical doctors..u see them operating phone and chatting when a patient is right before them struggling for life.

This is not to say there aren't nice and dedicated staff in the above listed profesionals but a very good number of them are, in summary, quite rude to say the least..

You are free to add or remove from the list.

What about lawyers and tax collectors?
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by lkillbrokehoes: 8:22pm On Nov 23, 2020
I agree with you
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by Agricaddict(m): 8:23pm On Nov 23, 2020
Just put an average Nigerian in a position of little authority, he will make a big deal out of it
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by Seyzcham91(m): 8:23pm On Nov 23, 2020
Gbam!
doggedfighter:
The country is driving everyone crazy

1 Like

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by happney65: 8:23pm On Nov 23, 2020
veekid them dey call una.. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by 080bjaked(m): 8:23pm On Nov 23, 2020
qwertie1234:
i understand that been rude and impolite is something personal but looking around, some professions habour large number of these rude and stern set of peeps and it makes me wonder..

1.Nurses; I recently went to a general hospital to see a friend and seeing the way these nurses handle patients makes me wonder if hostility is part of the nursing curriculum being taught in nursing school... A particular patient was screaming of pains and these nurses were just glued to their plasma television watching zeeworld.. I understand the work load is quite cumbersome but does that justify thier carlous attitude towards people they are meant to take care of...

2. Bankers; epecially the ones in the customer care stand...their attitude can be very annoying.

3.Nepa staff; hmmmm these ones ehn, their ear is selectively non receptive to the word "abeg"...most especially the ones assigned to disconnect light.

4. Doctors; though a few medical doctors are nice, there is still a large chunk of very rude medical doctors..u see them operating phone and chatting when a patient is right before them struggling for life.

This is not to say there aren't nice and dedicated staff in the above listed profesionals but a very good number of them are, in summary, quite rude to say the least..

You are free to add or remove from the list.

Reason why you should leave your country and try other climes . These professionals are actually very nice people.
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by Oxtonguy: 8:24pm On Nov 23, 2020
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by eyinjuege: 8:24pm On Nov 23, 2020
Everyone is rude in Nigeria.
The people in these places are also a product of our environment and are from among us.
You cannot expect professionalism when you go somewhere and act rude to the staff there yourself.
You expect professionalism from others, when you're equally as rude in your own job
A kind word goes a long way.
We all need to change and get s new orientation.
Everything no be by gragra

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by Yong4ever: 8:25pm On Nov 23, 2020
You really don't understand who nurses are, you're looking at it from private settings only, there's nothing like auxiliary nurses in government settings because they're seen as quacks, so whether you're a matron or CNO you're still a nurse, it's only grade level that makes the difference no doctor can treat a nurse like a maid or make him or her looks irrelevant in government settings, everyone is equally important, it's only in private settings where they make use of quacks otherwise known as auxiliary nurses that use them any how, it's not like that in government settings because they use qualified nurses and some of them even earn more than some doctors, it all depends on your grade level and qualifications.
ethicallyright:
Nigerian nurses are used as domestic servants by doctors that they are older than sometimes. This causes deep inferiority complex and aggression which they transfer on patients who book an appointment with a doctor through them . Each time a patient gets to a doctor through them in a hospital, they are reminded of their gross irrelevance in the scheme of things. Have you ever heard of "Nurses strike"? That's how irrelevant they are. I'm describing auxiliary nurses here not matrons and midwives.

Employees you meet at commercial banks are not necessarily banking professionals who understand accounting and economics. Those that collect deposits and customer service officials are usually contract staffs who are made to work like slaves for cheap wages. The only difference between these people and the bank security is their uniform. You most likely have never spoken with a real banker at a bank. The real bankers stay in inner rooms and enjoy their lives.

When you see a "NEPA" staff , there is a high probability that he is coming to disconnect your line because of debt. If you are honest and pay your electricity bills , they will start smiling at you like they smile at me.

Most Nigerian doctors become angry when they remember that you will give their credit to your pastors as testimonies in church. It's really a frustrating thing to think about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by AtoningBlood(m): 8:25pm On Nov 23, 2020
NairaMaster1:

What about lawyers and tax collectors?

Lawyers are very rude, my brother who is a lawyer became unnecessarily rude at everyone when he was called to bar. He is disconnected from almost all the family members now. We don't care too, we consult other lawyers when the need arise.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by humilitypays(m): 8:26pm On Nov 23, 2020
Nurses and Doctors own is as a result of work pressure with very poor pay.

A Nigerian nurse working in a private hospital earn between NGN40,000 to NGN95,000 at most, while those in government hospital earn between NGN80,000 to NGN130,000 and these people are expected to care for critically ill patients cheerfully....they see injuries and blood and what have you every minute till they close from work, mostly under poor working condition, and poor pay, while their mates abroad earn their monthly salary per hour and working under favorable working condition with improved equipment.

Tell me why a Nurse or Doctor in Nigeria should be happy and smiling while caring for patients

The money she is earning cannot take care of her needs yet you expect her to take care of you with joy, how

Same with Doctors. I pity Doctors and Nurses in Nigeria, those guys are being cheated in Nigeria.

The worst people are Nigerian higher institution administration staffs; they are all mad people!

To collect ordinary certificate or transcript, you will spend months all because of wicked and inhumane non academic staffs.

In fact Nigeria need to be demolished completely

1 Like

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by Kayharry(m): 8:26pm On Nov 23, 2020
Police nko
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by oluwaahmed: 8:28pm On Nov 23, 2020
Danfo conductors- I don't know if its their yoruba ascent when speaking pidgin English ot their thick baritone voice caused by several and igbo that makes them sound rude

Danfo Drivers - these ones are the definition of rude. Park anywhere and load while causing traffic, they will still insult you if you try to correct them.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by Enyimbamercedes: 8:29pm On Nov 23, 2020
Nurses: when you are poorly paid and you have to deal with thousands of people daily in a hospital atmosphere that looks and smells like sh*t... tell me why you wouldn’t be rude. This isn’t making an excuse for them but put the same nurse in a conducive environment and they’ll act differently.

Bankers: correct yourself... bank workers! These are basically zombies devoid of common sense and critical thinking who fear having a shortage at the end of the day more than anything. When you are forced to wear a tie and suit only to be paid peanuts at the month end.. wouldn’t you be rude

NEPA staff: dregs of society! Once they get a disconnect order... nothing else. They’ll go any length to enforce it. Mostly touts so you cannot expect much from them.

Doctors: I do not think they are rude, some however have a “god complex “. They save lives; some may carry themselves in a manner that rubs of as rude and condescending but they earned it. 8 years in Uni no be beans.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 23, 2020
westlius:

My dear no worry, she go beg u for lift very soon
Then u give her a lift take her to a far location then tell her ur fuel has finish.

we are our own problems!
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by Fountainofyouth(f): 8:31pm On Nov 23, 2020
bassdow:

Did you Notice a Very Very Large Chunk of those in Professions mentioned above, are WoMEN ?

So most doctors, bank staff, NEPA staff, are women in a very very large chunk abi? You just had to go genderwise you this female hating filth angry

Dan iska.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by emkz: 8:32pm On Nov 23, 2020
How can you forget those people that sell condoms, especially when you are trying to be sneaky and they shout: "oga gold circle no dey again, try this skyn condom, e go do you say you no wear anything", and you see your pastor and his sister that respects you in church lookin at you.
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 23, 2020
bodex196:

Seriously, I was at Faculty last week Friday to submit a slip. as I entered I was just told to hold on as soon as I mentioned my purpose there and started their gossips. It was in d morning o. and after waiting for a while they still told us to come by 12 that they were going for meeting. God knows say I dey curse them inside.

Lol na their way. Gossip and collect salary. cheesy
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by friday2011(m): 8:33pm On Nov 23, 2020
Civil servants for local government offices
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by luminouz(m): 8:34pm On Nov 23, 2020
westlius:

My dear no worry, she go beg u for lift very soon
Then u give her a lift take her to a far location then tell her ur fuel has finish.

Werey cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by DrFunmisticGlow: 8:35pm On Nov 23, 2020
bassdow:

Did you Notice a Very Very Large Chunk of those in Professions mentioned above, are WoMEN ?
including nepa staff and doctors??

Uncle buy small sense na!!
Re: Why Are People In These Professions Very Rude? by Ego2(f): 8:35pm On Nov 23, 2020
Especially those nurses... lord knows I would have strangled one if not for my Dad..... those idiots @ general hospital practically watched my mum die without doing a thing rather they were busy gossiping till it was late... non listened to my plea for help not until the doctor assigned to her show up but then again it was too late...

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Africans Roasting Corn For Survival In Paris, France. Photos/video / What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? / 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.