Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,819 members, 7,810,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? (42523 Views)

How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? / 15-Year-Old Son Walks His Mother Down The Aisle On Wedding Day (Photos) / Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by 2dice01: 6:21pm On Nov 24, 2020
vivilafrosh:

The ones that married guys with money did they die.

If my love for money irritates you.

Go and die
Lmao
Auntie dey vex grin
You looking for Poverty Elevation Scheme cheesy
Well I love your greed
Na wetin Poverty dey cause
Without your type ritualist won't find it easy

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by dmg1: 6:35pm On Nov 24, 2020
no amount of money is enough, just have steady income and you're good to go..

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by horlique(m): 6:39pm On Nov 24, 2020
jamesharryson:

Three hundred thousand?⁷
My own in laws took 956k and are still saying that that I am stingy. grin it is well
they forgot to make it N1M grin grin
Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 24, 2020
JOACHINpedro:
Propose to person wey get sense.
Do a lowkey wedding
Manage una assets
No born pikins wey you no fit Carter for.
Work smart, live good and retire better.

It has never been easy for anyone

Well said

@OP, if you are really serious about settling down then the advice above is the best route for you and every matured mind out there.
I implemented the same advice above 7 years ago and it turned out to be one of the best decisions ever and I'm glad I did.

In addition to the sound advice above, make sure you are also marrying a lady that also has a legitimate means of livelihood so as to have shared responsibilities and serve as each other's financial backbone.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by orgylover: 7:07pm On Nov 24, 2020
everything in naija is overated. i wedded my oyinbo last year and na jusr court marriage we do, buy 2 crates of bear and malt and small food. that all. 5 hours later i cary am enter room Bleep craze commot for her tow tow/
boycott naija oloshos

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by fatymore(f): 7:23pm On Nov 24, 2020
Yamiriflathead:

Why you dey preach?
lol...he pain you
Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by fatymore(f): 7:24pm On Nov 24, 2020
lathrowinger:

U don marry?...
dec 5

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by jamesharryson(m): 7:27pm On Nov 24, 2020
horlique:

they forgot to make it N1M grin grin

U don see am na
Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Chimeluv(f): 7:42pm On Nov 24, 2020
Enough amount to keep you afloat after the wedding besides you have to marry a lady who is ready to get married and stay married undecided
Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by dreval: 7:46pm On Nov 24, 2020
Your bank account balance is inconsequential to get married. Focus on your stable means of livelihood, consistent source of income and investment platforms that can sustain your family for the rest of your life.
Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by ibinaboonline: 8:35pm On Nov 24, 2020
You don't need bank account to tie your nut. All you need is a taught rope. grin
Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by lathrowinger: 8:38pm On Nov 24, 2020
fatymore:
dec 5

Am I invited?
Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Hassanmaye(m): 8:40pm On Nov 24, 2020
womenareapes:
Mr man you shouldn't be thinking of getting married to those black apes called Naija women but rather you should be thinking of how to date foreign women undecided

you see! these pieces of shiit don't have have anything to offer other than there 1000 diameter blackhole!

the disadvantages of marrying a Naija women far outweigh the advantages! undecided

no economical value, NOTHING! undecided

walking into marriage with Naija women is like signing life contract with the Devil!
Hahah grin grin
Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Hassanmaye(m): 8:44pm On Nov 24, 2020
stillmaticOG:
How much you have shouldn't determine when to get married.

The important thing is having a steady cash flow and getting married when u think you're ready.

I have more than 10m in my account but believe me I'm still not ready or even thinking about marriage yet
Jesu why na abeg marry man
Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by SlurUsername1: 9:19pm On Nov 24, 2020
Chrisceejay:
me just select a girl of my choice and give her belle 1-3 children her parent will even beg me to bring anything i have for both traditional and wedding of a thing
Lol.... Mad oh
Baby mama 9 sure pass oh

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by LordVaiki: 9:22pm On Nov 24, 2020
mastermaestro:

See the second idiot! You are urging him on to degrade a woman to what you scum lots call baby mama? Cursed generation!
Your biological father and cursed pastor and his prostitute wife were the first idiots for making you believe that Jesus will save your humanly worthless self hiding in the stupidity of religion. Loser! May you lose your life to poverty!! Scondrel.
Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by authority2006(m): 9:40pm On Nov 24, 2020
SavageMaster:

Hmm...

If you really want to get married, do a quiet traditional marriage, just few people invited.

Also do a quiet church wedding. You don't need the whole world there. You don't need to organize a trending wedding. I can't even remember the food I ate or some of the things that happened at most weddings I've attended. All I know is that the couple are now married.

Don't let society and its "expectations" keep you from getting married. You only need an understanding woman.

Lol. A man with one million naira in account shouldn't budget more than 250k for wedding. The remaining should go into business or investment for either the husband or the wife. What comes after the wedding day is more important than what happens on the wedding day.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Heavance(m): 9:55pm On Nov 24, 2020
2dice01:
Except you are marrying a guy
Then he understand the logic

A women don't care
She & her friends wanna slay and Pepper dem cheesy
Then the woman is not ready.
Slaying is just for a say, the journey is a lifetime
Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Angel1696: 10:32pm On Nov 24, 2020
if I was a woman a man will have come to deceive me get me pregnant and take care of my problems.
Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by fatymore(f): 10:43pm On Nov 24, 2020
lathrowinger:

Am I invited?
sure
Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Oturatetuala(m): 11:08pm On Nov 24, 2020
Na person get 30billion and he never marry, why the rush bros?
Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by popooladayo(m): 1:21am On Nov 25, 2020
Just make sure you have a steady source of income
Well Said .!!!
Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Sixfeetbelle: 2:22am On Nov 25, 2020
LordVaiki:
Have a baby mama instead,she will remain loyal while waiting for marriage... maybe? But if you go for them pussy people,guy life go tire you. #1M go dissolve for your eye under few months...no risk am

Is it that you guys actually think baby mama is cheap that's why you all are advocating for it or what?

If you jam an entitled Nigerian lady without a dime to her name as your baby mama, you'll spend more than you ever could if you had a wife. Go ask Davido and co.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Sixfeetbelle: 2:25am On Nov 25, 2020
setobaba:

None bro, none
Ladies get married today to secure the future of their families and themselves

Bulshits
The reasons for getting married have changed overtime

We get married mainly to secure the future of our unborn kids. It's primitive and it's nature. We suffered while growing up and we don't want that for our kids cause if our mothers had married better, it'd have been easier for us to settle for less.

Why would we marry you to give birth to kids that will now suffer like we did or possibly starve to death? We may be vain but we are not heartless. Seriously, ask yourself if you too want that for your future kids.

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Sixfeetbelle: 2:27am On Nov 25, 2020
Majestybaba92:

the best! even Davido own na baby mama
just give the girl belle

And is he not paying for the welfare of the kid and his mama or what am I missing exactly in this whole idea behind having a baby mama?

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Freelane33(m): 2:30am On Nov 25, 2020
I won’t advise you to base the judgement on your financial capabilities alone . You should marry when you think you can no longer run from yourself .

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Sixfeetbelle: 2:31am On Nov 25, 2020
humilitypays:
Your savings is not as important as your continuous income. What you need most is steady means of income, not a static savings. You need a steady, sustainable income of at least NGN200,000 every month for the first 5 years of marriage if you live in Lagos, Abuja, Portharcourt....and an increase to like NGN400,000 - NGN600,000 within the next 6 - 10 years of your marriage to run a healthy, truly comfortable family.

If you are talking about wedding, you can plan wedding with NGN500,000.....in fact plan the wedding now that COVID-19 restricted number of gathering and don't center the success of your marriage around flamboyant wedding. Wedding day does not define how great a marriage would be.

I have a friend whom I was his best man some 7 years ago.....the wedding was so dull like it was a burial ceremony - all thanks to lack of money.....but today, this guy is worth over NGN200million from his legal business deals not through crime.

He married a deserving lady....a virtuous lady who helped to push him to greatness. Whoever he is today, owe tribute to his wife. His wife turned his life around. His wife provided the capital he used to catapult his business empire today....not that his wife was rich though, but she came from a well to do family and she cried to her family members to help her husband and they helped him with no-interest loans that turned his business fortune around.

Marry such lady!

To lessen the burden, make sure your wife-to-be is earning monthly income too.

Be it from her own sustainable business with growth prospect or from a well defined career path or handwork.

Never you make the mistake of marrying an unemployed, lazy, not-making-effort-to-earn lady. That is the beginning of solidifying family poverty.

Marry a lady of vision. Marry a lady who have zeal and burns for success!

Marry a lady who is working to earn a living...a lady who aspires to be like some great women, don't marry a lady who reminds you that so so and so man married and told his wife to stop working because he is rich enough to take care of his family.

Run from ladies with this dirty, foolish mentality......it is the mentality of ladies who land men into perpetual poverty with time, flee from them no matter how pretty she is!

Long story short:

Guys should become leeches.

Okay. Got it cool
Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Sixfeetbelle: 2:38am On Nov 25, 2020
NOwazobia:
The men should start advocating for the women to start footing the expenses of the white wedding if the women so wanted it, except the man wants it likewise.

I think you guys should, while you're doing this one, also advocate for women to become the head of the house instead. If expenses of the home keeps shifting to the women-folk at every turn, shouldn't the title also move to her?

Yesterday was about women taking equal responsibilities in relationships. Today is about women taking equal/more responsibilities in wedding plans and execution. Who knows what you'll suggest tomorrow?

I mean with the way you guys are going, we'll gradually get the point where you guys would want women to foot the whole wedding since apparently we're the one who "want" the wedding.

Nonsense and alpha males.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Sixfeetbelle: 2:48am On Nov 25, 2020
Oracleforce:
Marriage on the side of the world is another means of alleviating or ameliorate poverty...
Naija ladies don't mind being the 9th wife provided the man is loaded...

No lady wants to reason with you....all they want to do is to test your financial capability.. And that why we have a lot of single ladies who might not have hope of getting married in their lifetime.

Guys, if you have the opportunities to travel abroad, and marry a foreigner...they are better wives and in-law materials than those in Naija.

Tueh.....god forbid that I should marry a Naija lady...

I hope you know thunder will strike you dead you day you marry a Nigerian lady even in that abroad you're going to.
Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by NOwazobia: 6:13am On Nov 25, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

I think you guys should, while you're doing this one, also advocate for women to become the head of the house instead. If expenses of the home keeps shifting to the women-folk at every turn, shouldn't the title also move to her?

Yesterday was about women taking equal responsibilities in relationships. Today is about women taking equal/more responsibilities in wedding plans and execution. Who knows what you'll suggest tomorrow?

I mean with the way you guys are going, we'll gradually get the point where you guys would want women to foot the whole wedding since apparently we're the one who "want" the wedding.

Nonsense and alpha males.
Na who body go tell, shey na the man? The man will gladly be saving his income for himself (as the woman usually do) why the woman keep on answering the name husband and footing every expenses that usually drain the man. I will take such challenge.
Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by mastermaestro(m): 7:12am On Nov 25, 2020
LordVaiki:
Your biological father and cursed pastor and his prostitute wife were the first idiots for making you believe that Jesus will save your humanly worthless self hiding in the stupidity of religion. Loser! May you lose your life to poverty!! Scondrel.

Miscreant, you can swim in your putrid saliva of deliberate deviance for eternity, I don't care. Just don't have a child! No child deserves to come through a lost black sheep like you. sad sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

When You Don't Practice What You Preach! / I Find It Very Offensive When Men Cannot Chase Only Women They Can Afford / How Did You Woo Your Girlfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.