Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,468 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? (42521 Views)

How Much Would You Have In Your Account Before Thinking Of Marriage? / 15-Year-Old Son Walks His Mother Down The Aisle On Wedding Day (Photos) / Pls How Much Is The Least A Guy Should Earn Monthly Before Thinking Of Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Escabado: 3:35pm On Nov 23, 2020
setobaba:

By getting married to someone i don’t fancy or by arranging a low key wedding?? I’m not even worried that much on the cost of wedding, I’m aggressively worried about the cost of running the marriage. With the situation of this wreck country 5K daily income is not a match for married couples else they want to be static at a spot

Don't listen too any lady giving you advice here . They are the ones that benefits from marriage unlike the men that loose everything.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by judeolokor(m): 4:50pm On Nov 23, 2020
pls look for someone that loves you geniuelly make sure the family will not milk you die then make sure she understands your financial impiut ok
Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by yomi007k(m): 3:23am On Nov 24, 2020
judeolokor:
pls look for someone that loves you geniuelly make sure the family will not milk you die then make sure she understands your financial impiut ok

There is no such thing as Genuine Love. There is only Opprtunistic love.

Women only marry men that are doing well. How many women have married men that are below their standard and helped raise him up?

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by setobaba: 4:31am On Nov 24, 2020
yomi007k:

There is no such thing as Genuine Love. There is only Opprtunistic love.

Women only marry men that are doing well. How many women have married men that are below their standard and helped raise him up?
None bro, none
Ladies get married today to secure the future of their families and themselves

Bulshits
The reasons for getting married have changed overtime

18 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by imagrg(m): 4:48am On Nov 24, 2020
Save money for another two years, then look for a girl who is either earning a good salary or running a lucrative business and who has not more than one family dependant to marry. That way, with her cooperation, you will live well and enjoy a happy home.

17 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Ghengiskhan(m): 6:11am On Nov 24, 2020
setobaba:
Hello Nairalanders,
I’m 30yrs of age, and I never for once consider getting married, I lost interest totally, but this should incase i decide to tie the nut, how much should I have in my bank account to be on safer side before dragging myself into a life time contract with someone else daughter??

I currently own a car, and managing a salon plus other bussiness thag comes once a while, I’m working towards having a building of my own before getting married, but you see the country is so messed up right now that building a three bed room apartment for yourself is so difficult.
Families and friends are dragging me to get married without considering my financial status, they all felt I have what it takes to get myself a wife......lol tho I’m not moved or shake by their claims but I really need to know this.

Can one settle down with an available balance of a million naira and feel safe?

If you recently get married here, can you pls do a cost implication of the said wedding and cost of running your marriage since inception??
Many guys are scared, I swear

Build or buy a house, own a car and have at least 5million in savings or investment.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by cynthia500(f): 8:36am On Nov 24, 2020
A winner is a dreamer who never gives up.
If you don’t have a competitive advantage, don’t compete.
The only thing standing in the way between you and your goal is the BS story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.
What is life without a little risk?
Only do what your heart tells you.
If it’s a good idea, go ahead and do it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Funkyswagzz(m): 8:53am On Nov 24, 2020
At least 10million

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by yomi007k(m): 9:23am On Nov 24, 2020
cynthia500:
The only thing standing in the way between you and your goal is the BS story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.

This is not logical. One should work with his brain (logic) rather than the heart (emotions).

Taking risks with the present economic situation will only land him to trouble. Let him plan himself.

You only speak like this because it is not your money that is going in.

21 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Scrupulous419(m): 12:27pm On Nov 24, 2020
I wan learn Yahoo angry

Abeg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Sarsaproko: 12:28pm On Nov 24, 2020
100 million naira.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by cynthia500(f): 12:28pm On Nov 24, 2020
“The best revenge is massive success. “What’s on the other side of fear? Nothing. Quitters never win. Winners never quit! “It’s not your salary that makes you rich, it’s your spending habits. It’s never too late for a new beginning in your life. “If opportunity doesn’t knock build a door

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Starzo: 12:28pm On Nov 24, 2020
I'm not a big advocate of getting married in this time and age but if I had to give a number, I'd say at least 15million naira

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Timoleon(m): 12:28pm On Nov 24, 2020
undecided2500

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by nikjaneTAILORS(m): 12:28pm On Nov 24, 2020
Zero naira, the most important thing is you must have something doing that give you income every day or every week or months

When I proposed my wedding date I had 80k total in 4 accounts and I was living in a free one room, between June till today have gotten 350k apartment and my wedding expenses is 65% completed

My wedding is Dec 19th

26 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Firstorderwizard(m): 12:28pm On Nov 24, 2020
One pound ten
Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Coldie(m): 12:29pm On Nov 24, 2020
1million is ok as far as u have a steady flow of income.

Only issue is try not to finish in in the wedding
Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by changingtimes(m): 12:29pm On Nov 24, 2020
500000 is enough to d0 a manageable wedding

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by womenareapes: 12:30pm On Nov 24, 2020
setobaba:
Hello Nairalanders,

I’m 30yrs of age, and I never for once consider getting married, I lost interest totally, but this should incase i decide to tie the nut, how much should I have in my bank account to be on safer side before dragging myself into a life time contract with someone else daughter??

I currently own a car, and managing a salon plus other bussiness thag comes once a while, I’m working towards having a building of my own before getting married, but you see the country is so messed up right now that building a three bed room apartment for yourself is so difficult.
Families and friends are dragging me to get married without considering my financial status, they all felt I have what it takes to get myself a wife......lol tho I’m not moved or shake by their claims but I really need to know this.

If you recently get married here, can you pls do a cost implication of the said wedding and cost of running your marriage since inception??
Mr man you shouldn't be thinking of getting married to those black apes called Naija women but rather you should be thinking of how to date foreign women undecided

you see! these pieces of shiit don't have have anything to offer other than there 1000 diameter blackhole!

the disadvantages of marrying a Naija women far outweigh the advantages! undecided

no economical value, NOTHING! undecided

walking into marriage with Naija women is like signing life contract with the Devil!

12 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Majestybaba92(m): 12:31pm On Nov 24, 2020
setobaba:

You see what I’m saying, thanks I’m going back to my hustle. No more wedding for now baby mama can do

the best! even Davido own na baby mama
just give the girl belle

1 Like

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Antoeni(m): 12:31pm On Nov 24, 2020
I don't think you are Ready Yet

3 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Steph001001: 12:32pm On Nov 24, 2020
It’s not really about how much you have in your account but steady source of income!
setobaba:
Hello Nairalanders,

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by jamesharryson(m): 12:32pm On Nov 24, 2020
2dice01:
@ Bolded
Pride Price and Wedding Ceremony have swallowed the 1milli

I have a friend in your kinda situation
He is also a nairalander
He has postpone his wedding simply because his in-law are demanding above 300k for Traditional wedding
Now guess how much he will spend on the White Wedding

If only our Parent can cut their greed of milking their Potential son in-law
Also the wives should cut their coat accordingly
Three hundred thousand?⁷
My own in laws took 956k and are still saying that that I am stingy. grin it is well

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Churchill6767: 12:32pm On Nov 24, 2020
Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by holluwizzy: 12:33pm On Nov 24, 2020
Depending on the noise u want to make.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Pofgrace(m): 12:33pm On Nov 24, 2020
cynthia500:
who is this motivational speaker now?

You're disturbing our peace oh

6 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by setobaba: 12:33pm On Nov 24, 2020
womenareapes:
Mr man you shouldn't be thinking of getting married to those black apes called Naija women but rather you should be thinking of how to date foreign women
How will I do just that when I have no affiliate with any foreign ladies. Traveling out of this country with an uncertainty mindset has never came across my mind.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by humilitypays(m): 12:33pm On Nov 24, 2020
setobaba:
Hello Nairalanders,

Your savings is not as important as your continuous income. What you need most is steady means of income, not a static savings. You need a steady, sustainable income of at least NGN200,000 every month for the first 5 years of marriage if you live in Lagos, Abuja, Portharcourt....and an increase to like NGN400,000 - NGN600,000 within the next 6 - 10 years of your marriage to run a healthy, truly comfortable family.

If you are talking about wedding, you can plan wedding with NGN500,000.....in fact plan the wedding now that COVID-19 restricted number of gathering and don't center the success of your marriage around flamboyant wedding. Wedding day does not define how great a marriage would be.

I have a friend whom I was his best man some 7 years ago.....the wedding was so dull like it was a burial ceremony - all thanks to lack of money.....but today, this guy is worth over NGN200million from his legal business deals not through crime.

He married a deserving lady....a virtuous lady who helped to push him to greatness. Whoever he is today, owe tribute to his wife. His wife turned his life around. His wife provided the capital he used to catapult his business empire today....not that his wife was rich though, but she came from a well to do family and she cried to her family members to help her husband and they helped him with no-interest loans that turned his business fortune around.

Marry such lady!

To lessen the burden, make sure your wife-to-be is earning monthly income too.

Be it from her own sustainable business with growth prospect or from a well defined career path or handwork.

Never you make the mistake of marrying an unemployed, lazy, not-making-effort-to-earn lady. That is the beginning of solidifying family poverty.

Marry a lady of vision. Marry a lady who have zeal and burns for success!

Marry a lady who is working to earn a living...a lady who aspires to be like some great women, don't marry a lady who reminds you that so so and so man married and told his wife to stop working because he is rich enough to take care of his family.

Run from ladies with this dirty, foolish mentality......it is the mentality of ladies who land men into perpetual poverty with time, flee from them no matter how pretty she is!

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by SlurUsername1: 12:33pm On Nov 24, 2020
fatymore:
why don't you cut your coat according to your cloth.

Sebiotimo.

Why you dey preach?
Re: How Much Should I Consider Safe To Have In My Bank Before Thinking On Wedding? by Dianna344: 12:34pm On Nov 24, 2020
5 kobo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

When You Don't Practice What You Preach! / I Find It Very Offensive When Men Cannot Chase Only Women They Can Afford / How Did You Woo Your Girlfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.