Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,059 members, 7,818,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

I Am A Feminist - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am A Feminist (3816 Views)

Wedding Photos Of A Feminist & Her Man 5 Months After He Slid Into Her DM / 10 Pictures You Can Relate To If You've Ever Dated A Feminist / Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am A Feminist by czarr(m): 4:05pm On Nov 24, 2020
Venerealisles:
Yes, this is my first post on nairaland, and all I have to say is, I am a Feminist!!! A proud one at that, I know these little nairaland boys will come for me but I don't care!!
I have a message for y'all, we don't need your money to be happy, we don't need your d#ck to be satisfied, we can do without y'all.
Fellow ladies, lets keep up the movement, the more they realize they ain't shit, the better for them.
this boy sef
Re: I Am A Feminist by AgainstIslam(f): 8:53pm On Nov 24, 2020
JidennaJason:
Their upcoming two fixtures (London Derby's) will make you start seeing them as the number one title contenders...

Don't underestimate Jòse.

I'm only interested in seeing where they will be by February.
If they haven't fallen out of the top 4 by then, I may take them serious as a top 4 contender. But winning the title, not this season bro!

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 24, 2020
AgainstIslam:

I'm only interested in seeing where they will be by February.
If they haven't fallen out of the top 4 by then, I may take them serious as a top 4 contender. But winning the title, not this season bro!
Don't be quick to write them off...

By the way, I really admire your vast knowledge of the round leather game.
Re: I Am A Feminist by Nobody: 9:27pm On Nov 24, 2020
Venerealisles:
Yes, this is my first post on nairaland, and all I have to say is, I am a Feminist!!! A proud one at that, I know these little nairaland boys will come for me but I don't care!!
I have a message for y'all, we don't need your money to be happy, we don't need your d#ck to be satisfied, we can do without y'all.
Fellow ladies, lets keep up the movement, the more they realize they ain't shit, the better for them.
I have a question for you, do you know what a feminist is?
Re: I Am A Feminist by IamAngelica(f): 11:12pm On Nov 24, 2020
I'm a feminist too but this is not what feminism is about. Your post depicts hatred for men, when what you should hate is the inequality between both genders, how you already feel disadvantaged just for having a hole between your legs. Feminism to men is like what racism is to whites; they don't just get it and they never might because they're not victims. But most people think it's all about hating men and trying to turn everything to favor women while it's not. Feminism is about trying to turn everything to favor everyone irrespective of GENDER, that is what feminism is about. If you say you're a feminist, then you sit still and look pretty and wait for a man to pay your bills or give you his hard earned money or give a hate speech about men on SM, then slide into their DMs to beg for urgent 2K, then you're not. You're just misguided.Work for yourselves,stop waiting on guys and start doing (doesn't have to be something big) and watch how these men will respect you without even knowing it.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist by CHoccolaTE: 4:07am On Nov 25, 2020
Dapcity007:

Gender equality trash/immpossible
Gender equity a plus

Affirmative action, gender neutrality , queerness notion , LGBTQ+ are all sociologist notion of equality which allows for partiality , emotive reasoning, bias, unproductivity , but real evolutionary science of millions of years of proof of gender societal roles via natural biological differences, you feminist discard and use irrational political correctness to justify

Gender equality is the way to go, why?
Both genders have EQUAL value as humans, no gender is inferior or superior just by virtue of what sexual organs they were born with.

You cannot place a criminal psychopath man next to a woman who for instance works as a teacher and imparts knowledge to others side by side and then say the man is a superior human than the woman just because he is male.

This world is balanced by combining what both genders have to offer, when we say both genders are equal, we are not talking about the ability of each gender to carry out tasks that the other gender does like a man cannot have kids or a woman cannot have as much physical strength as an average man does not mean the woman is inferior or vice versa.

There will always be biological differences between both sexes but our value or status as humans should not be defined by sexual organs or gender.

A random agbero man that is busy extorting people on the street day in and day out is not superior to a female doctor working everyday in hospitals to save lives.
Re: I Am A Feminist by CHoccolaTE: 4:17am On Nov 25, 2020
IamAngelica:
I'm a feminist too but this is not what feminism is about. Your post depicts hatred for men, when what you should hate is the inequality between both genders, how you already feel disadvantaged just for having a hole between your legs. Feminism to men is like what racism is to whites; they don't just get it and they never might because they're not victims. But most people think it's all about hating men and trying to turn everything to favor women while it's not. Feminism is about trying to turn everything to favor everyone irrespective of GENDER, that is what feminism is about. If you say you're a feminist, then you sit still and look pretty and wait for a man to pay your bills or give you his hard earned money or give a hate speech about men on SM, then slide into their DMs to beg for urgent 2K, then you're not. You're just misguided.Work for yourselves,stop waiting on guys and start doing (doesn't have to be something big) and watch how these men will respect you without even knowing it.

Nice write up
Nigerian women should work to give themselves economic power and not to earn the the respect of men because a lot of Nigerian men don't apply common sense when it comes to giving women credit for work done, that is why young rich successful women are often called prostitutes that slept their way to the top or accused of having sugar daddies that fund their lifestyles.
Re: I Am A Feminist by CHoccolaTE: 4:17am On Nov 25, 2020
Another thing to note as a Nigerian woman is that it is good to be wise and not let yourself be taken advantage of. Men are cunningly trying to change the status quo to normalize women providing for them while they selfishly keep their money to themselves. Many of the come online to wail about gold diggers and how it it wrong to spend on women but will open threads advising each other to marry women that spend on them and give them money.

if as a woman you have money and power, don't let any man take advantage of you or use you in a relationship, don't be his maid, cleaning or cooking or acting as wife during the relationship because you are just making yourself look stupid and desperate for a guy who does nothing in return for you.
Re: I Am A Feminist by Nobody: 6:22am On Nov 25, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

Gender equality is the way to go, why?
Both genders have EQUAL value as humans, no gender is inferior or superior just by virtue of what sexual organs they were born with.

You cannot place a criminal psychopath man next to a woman who for instance works as a teacher and imparts knowledge to others side by side and then say the man is a superior human than the woman just because he is male.

This world is balanced by combining what both genders have to offer, when we say both genders are equal, we are not talking about the ability of each gender to carry out tasks that the other gender does like a man cannot have kids or a woman cannot have as much physical strength as an average man does not mean the woman is inferior or vice versa.

There will always be biological differences between both sexes but our value or status as humans should not be defined by sexual organs or gender.

A random agbero man that is busy extorting people on the street day in and day out is not superior to a female doctor working everyday in hospitals to save lives.

I'm a conservative who believes in women right , respect traditional institutions, values education for all sexes(male and female)
I'm not against gender equality based on what you typed but against Feminism(Progressivism)
Once it embraced LGBTQ+ as a new socio political construct to destroy patriachy , they destroyed equality of sexes , insulting evolutionary science, to fufil women selfish idea of gender supremacy (feminism is one sided,biased to women),

Abortion right made me loose moral support for gender equality

Any gender can attain intelligence , I dont discriminate educational wise)
I'm an African Man, a natural red piller , a proud Homophobe ,a christian, a student of evolutionary biology

3 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 25, 2020
Chii59:
I'm not a feminist. I am an egalitarian.

What's the difference ?
You are still a progressive ?
Re: I Am A Feminist by IamAngelica(f): 7:21am On Nov 25, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

Nice write up
Nigerian women should work to give themselves economic power and not to earn the the respect of men because a lot of Nigerian men don't apply common sense when it comes to giving women credit for work done, that is why young rich successful women are often called prostitutes that slept their way to the top or accused of having sugar daddies that fund their lifestyles.

But would you blame men? Most Nigerian men see women as objects of sexual satisfaction and it is these same women that lead them to believe so. They give men the avenue to be disrespected and still complain that men are "scum" (not justifying men's actions) but miss/mrs the second you close your legs and realize that you're a person (not an object) and that you're worth so much more and you deserve so much more from life and start working towards what you want from life, everything else will fall into place. This is the secret to becoming a respected woman.
Re: I Am A Feminist by CHoccolaTE: 8:24am On Nov 25, 2020
IamAngelica:
But would you blame men? Most Nigerian men see women as objects of sexual satisfaction and it is these same women that lead them to believe so. They give men the avenue to be disrespected and still complain that men are "scum" (not justifying men's actions) but miss/mrs the second you close your legs and realize that you're a person (not an object) and that you're worth so much more and you deserve so much more from life and start working towards what you want from life, everything else will fall into place. This is the secret to becoming a respected woman.

Yes,
Yes I would blame men for unfair generalizations against hardworking women.
They dont like to admit that women are just as capable and ambitious so they make silly assumptions when they see high flying women

Other women open their legs carelessly for men and turn themselves to sex objects does not justify their generalizations against hard working women.

Me I no dey find favour or love from Nairaland men. I say it as I see it. They are very sexist and many of them hate women I can't extend courtesy or niceness to people that hate my gender.
Re: I Am A Feminist by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 25, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

Yes,
Yes I would blame men for unfair generalizations against hardworking women.
They dont like to admit that women are just as capable and ambitious so they make silly assumptions when they see high flying women

Other women open their legs carelessly for men and turn themselves to sex objects does not justify their generalizations against hard working women.

Me I no dey find favour or love from Nairaland men. I say it as I see it. They are very sexist and many of them hate women I can't extend courtesy or niceness to people that hate my gender.

Why won't men do So?
When the mainstream media emphasizes affirmative action for women and ignore competence/merit
Re: I Am A Feminist by Nobody: 9:15am On Nov 25, 2020
IamAngelica:

I accept these very logical points you made except that you did not emphasize that feminism as a socio political construct denies evidence of evolutionary biological gender roles by allowing for LGBTQ+ which I see as a disrespect too millions of years of evolution(science),God (Religion), Nature (Naturalist)

I agree with most of your salient points
Re: I Am A Feminist by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 25, 2020
Venerealisles:

These is misandry
Re: I Am A Feminist by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 10:07am On Nov 25, 2020
Got irritated on seeing 'we can do without y'all'

The feminism i practise doesn't segregate men, and in fact helps them in some regards - particularly with curbing toxic masculinity.

We all need each other, feminism isn't a gender war - at least to me.

Venerealisles:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am A Feminist by IamAngelica(f): 11:40am On Nov 25, 2020
Completely agree with you and in real life, i don't tolerate any bigot that denigrates or derides women..the general assumptions are sickening too,they don't believe that i can work my ass off and reward myself by buying expensive things for myself or driving that expensive car or living that luxurious life..they don't believe you can do all that without a man in the picture as if your happiness as a woman is tied to a man..they pressure women into marriage because they think marriage or being "wife material" is all a woman is good for..you could cure cancer, end poverty and world hunger, stop the depletion of the ozone layer and it still wouldn't matter unless you're married..they tell women not to be too ambitous so that they don't threaten the men,so that they get good husbands..tell women to stay virgins for their husbands but don't tell men to do the same and then shame women for exploring their sexuality but hail their male counterparts..d matter plenty..God will help us, i didn't choose to be a woman.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 25, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
Got irritated on seeing 'we can do without y'all'

The feminism i practise doesn't segregate men, and in fact helps them in some regards - particularly with curbing toxic masculinity.

We all need each other, feminism isn't a gender war - at least to me.

You truly understand what it is.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist by Dshocker(m): 5:40pm On Nov 25, 2020
Venerealisles:

Am not against you being a feminist or being dependent on a man.... My only problem is that most African women don't know the meaning of being a feminist.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 25, 2020
95% of everyone on NL practice and believe in it..from almost all their post (male or female) the problem is they really can't define it...

It's an everyday normal thing. Why do you have female graduates, female doctors these days? Why do women work these days? Why not stick to the dark ages where women are hidden in the kitchen?

Some of you have educated females that also work like you. If you let your females achieve same feat, you're what? Its very simple. What's the big deal with the repetition of the word sef...I don't understanding why NL'ers keep thinking it's one monstrous concept. Something they practice daily.
Re: I Am A Feminist by Dshocker(m): 6:13pm On Nov 25, 2020
IamAngelica:
Completely agree with you and in real life, i don't tolerate any bigot that denigrates or derides women..the general assumptions are sickening too,they don't believe that i can work my ass off and reward myself by buying expensive things for myself or driving that expensive car or living that luxurious life..they don't believe you can do all that without a man in the picture as if your happiness as a woman is tied to a man..they pressure women into marriage because they think marriage or being "wife material" is all a woman is good for..you could cure cancer, end poverty and world hunger, stop the depletion of the ozone layer and it still wouldn't matter unless you're married..they tell women not to be too ambitous so that they don't threaten the men,so that they get good husbands..tell women to stay virgins for their husbands but don't tell men to do the same and then shame women for exploring their sexuality but hail their male counterparts..d matter plenty..God will help us, i didn't choose to be a woman.

Angelina abi na Angelica,You really made a point here,but when you look at those that have made decisions since the creation of the world,you will know that God placed men first and later gave him companion........Nne both traditionally and modern day constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria,a woman must come after a man.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist by IamAngelica(f): 12:45am On Nov 26, 2020
Let me stop you right there,the book of Genesis presents gender equality rather than male leadership(Gen1:26-27) as humanity's created state.It teaches that man and woman were created EQUALLY in the image of God and TOGETHER have dominion over the earth as is seen in V.28.The structure of the creation narrative climaxes in the creation of woman,fulfilling man's need for a partner corresponding to him(Gen2:18-20).The text describes woman being created to be man's "ezer kenegedo" which literally means "strength corresponding to him".Unfortunately, the word "ezer" is often translated as "helper" which in english implies a subordinate/servant. "kenegedo" combines "ke" (as)+"neged"(in front of)+"o"(him) and so conveys "as in front of him". "nagid",a noun related to "neged" refers to the person in front and means "the one declared by Yahweh to lead".Therefore "ezer" and "kenegedo" identifies a superior or equal not a servant.Nothing about the creation story suggests that a woman is inferior or subordinate to man.
Re: I Am A Feminist by IamAngelica(f): 12:47am On Nov 26, 2020
Dshocker:

Angelina abi na Angelica,You really made a point here,but when you look at those that have made decisions since the creation of the world,you will know that God placed men first and later gave him companion........Nne both traditionally and modern day constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria,a woman must come after a man.
The name is Angelica.
Re: I Am A Feminist by Nobody: 4:38am On Nov 26, 2020
IamAngelica:
Let me stop you right there,the book of Genesis presents gender equality rather than male leadership(Gen1:26-27) as humanity's created state.It teaches that man and woman were created EQUALLY in the image of God and TOGETHER have dominion over the earth as is seen in V.28.The structure of the creation narrative climaxes in the creation of woman,fulfilling man's need for a partner corresponding to him(Gen2:18-20).The text describes woman being created to be man's "ezer kenegedo" which literally means "strength corresponding to him".Unfortunately, the word "ezer" is often translated as "helper" which in english implies a subordinate/servant. "kenegedo" combines "ke" (as)+"neged"(in front of)+"o"(him) and so conveys "as in front of him". "nagid",a noun related to "neged" refers to the person in front and means "the one declared by Yahweh to lead".Therefore "ezer" and "kenegedo" identifies a superior or equal not a servant.Nothing about the creation story suggests that a woman is inferior or subordinate to man.

The name FEMINism in of itself literally sounds sexist but I would not want to go there because of the positivity of the first and second wave feminist who even described themselves as women right activist and suffrage movement ,they made powerful contribution for women which are benefiting from since the industrial age to the information (internet) age,but now with even opportunities and right for all sexes ,women still seem to limited in some societal functions,depending on the geographical location ,fairing better in Europe and parts of north America ,not too good in Africa,Arab nations ,some Asian countries, generally women are underperforming in every sector globally except in traditional feminine sectors like fashion,brands,make up,designers,hair stylist,etc.The greatest opportunity women had to even the playing field ,was these Mordern 21st century with the rise of the internet ,with the liberty that was paved by the early feminist for all women as they were allowed to be educated ,to work, they were engaged but not creative and innovative enough to build for themselves a new image which we see again that men built in these fresh information ,with the rise of tech giants like Facebook, google,twitter,whatssapp,snap chat,apple,Samsung,etc all founded by MEN,women generally are not even that interested in programming and engineering which show in STEM programs in progressive societies with the strongest gender gap and equality laws,affirmative action policies like Norway and Iceland but yet most women in these countries are not participating in tech and engr educations.

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist by IamAngelica(f): 7:35am On Nov 26, 2020
I agree with you, but not being interested in something does not mean that we are second class citizens or inferior.
Re: I Am A Feminist by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 26, 2020
[quote author=IamAngelica post=96447274]Let me stop you right there,the book of Genesis presents gender equality rather than male leadership(Gen1:26-27) as humanity's created state.It teaches that man and woman were created EQUALLY in the image of God and TOGETHER have dominion over the earth as is seen in V.28.The structure of the creation narrative climaxes in the creation of woman,fulfilling man's need for a partner corresponding to him(Gen2:18-20).The text describes woman being created to be man's "ezer kenegedo" which literally means "strength corresponding to him".Unfortunately, the word "ezer" is often translated as "helper" which in english implies a subordinate/servant. "kenegedo" combines "ke" (as)+"neged"(in front of)+"o"(him) and so conveys "as in front of him". "nagid",a noun related to "neged" refers to the person in front and means "the one declared by Yahweh to lead".Therefore "ezer" and "kenegedo" identifies a superior or equal not a servant.Nothing about the creation story suggests that a woman is inferior or subordinate to man. [/qpregn

In the work place gender equality exists except for pregnant women

In marriage , one gender must captain the ship usually the male
Re: I Am A Feminist by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 9:26am On Nov 26, 2020
Thanks! I got a part of my understanding from Chimamanda Adichie's 'We Should All Be Feminists'

If you don't make findings and just base the movement on what you see online alone - you would not understand what it is.

Kweensavvy:

You truly understand what it is.

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist by IamAngelica(f): 12:59pm On Nov 26, 2020
[quote author=Dapcity007 post=96453710][/quote]In a marriage institution, the man is the HEAD and the woman is the NECK of the family so this means that they work TOGETHER and hand in hand to make the marriage successful. These are defined by roles, if one fails to hold up his own end or her own end, the other person suffers and this in turn suffers the marriage as a whole. Depending on what works for the couple, the roles shift from time to time and that is why you see men do chores when she's not around and women pay bills when there's paucity of funds. This doesn't make him a simp(as most misguided people would think) or make her a fool but shows their mutual level of understanding. But this does not mean that the woman is inferior or subordinate to the man even in a marriage. Think of it as team work in which both partners are important to each other and if one is down, you cover for the other till recovery, not a fight for dominance.
Re: I Am A Feminist by IamAngelica(f): 1:34pm On Nov 26, 2020
[quote author=Dapcity007 post=96453710][/quote] If men could get pregnant, they would equally be exempted from work. The instruction comes from the medical practitioners sometimes against the woman's wish..let's be honest who wants to sit at home doing nothing just because the doctor says so? In most cases, preg women would prefer to stay active..when male employees are sick, their bosses give them days off to recover..if he is newly wed, he is given time off for honeymoon..so what are you complaining about?
Re: I Am A Feminist by moyosore32: 1:39pm On Nov 26, 2020
pls y'all just ignore that bull crap topic and someone shud just tell us how Liverpool lost to Atalanta at home last night

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am A Feminist by cooooooks(m): 1:43pm On Nov 26, 2020
Lol. No, it isn't.

If you're for equality, be egalitarian. The rest na audio.

WoundedLamb:

Egalitarianism is broad and it takes more precise descriptions when applied to a specific aspect of life. The struggle against racism is egalitarianism in the area of race. The fight against sexism/misogyny (aka feminism) is egalitarianism in the area of gender. The fight against tribalism is egalitarianism in area of tribe. The fight against homophobia is egalitarianism in the area of sexual orientation. The fight against religious bigotry is egalitarianism in the area of religion. Etc. So you can't say you're not a feminist but an egalitarian cause that's contradictory. Feminism is egalitarianism in the area of gender.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Like Her But I Am Thinking Of Quitting While It Is Early / What My Girlfriend Has Been Doing / Guys: How Would You Feel If A Girl Toasts You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.