Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,853 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

I Am A Feminist - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am A Feminist (3827 Views)

Wedding Photos Of A Feminist & Her Man 5 Months After He Slid Into Her DM / 10 Pictures You Can Relate To If You've Ever Dated A Feminist / Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am A Feminist by cooooooks(m): 1:44pm On Nov 26, 2020
Who is 'they'?

If you are always meeting these 'they', change your environment.

IamAngelica:
Completely agree with you and in real life, i don't tolerate any bigot that denigrates or derides women..the general assumptions are sickening too,they don't believe that i can work my ass off and reward myself by buying expensive things for myself or driving that expensive car or living that luxurious life..they don't believe you can do all that without a man in the picture as if your happiness as a woman is tied to a man..they pressure women into marriage because they think marriage or being "wife material" is all a woman is good for..you could cure cancer, end poverty and world hunger, stop the depletion of the ozone layer and it still wouldn't matter unless you're married..they tell women not to be too ambitous so that they don't threaten the men,so that they get good husbands..tell women to stay virgins for their husbands but don't tell men to do the same and then shame women for exploring their sexuality but hail their male counterparts..d matter plenty..God will help us, i didn't choose to be a woman.
Re: I Am A Feminist by cooooooks(m): 1:46pm On Nov 26, 2020
Further stratification of society is crazy.

Dividing us in the forced black and white way, the way the loudest voices in isms like feminism, racism, and even atheism, does is not helping anyone.

IamAngelica:
I'm a feminist too but this is not what feminism is about. Your post depicts hatred for men, when what you should hate is the inequality between both genders, how you already feel disadvantaged just for having a hole between your legs. Feminism to men is like what racism is to whites; they don't just get it and they never might because they're not victims. But most people think it's all about hating men and trying to turn everything to favor women while it's not. Feminism is about trying to turn everything to favor everyone irrespective of GENDER, that is what feminism is about. If you say you're a feminist, then you sit still and look pretty and wait for a man to pay your bills or give you his hard earned money or give a hate speech about men on SM, then slide into their DMs to beg for urgent 2K, then you're not. You're just misguided.Work for yourselves,stop waiting on guys and start doing (doesn't have to be something big) and watch how these men will respect you without even knowing it.
Re: I Am A Feminist by DEMZEE(m): 2:46pm On Nov 26, 2020
Interesting

2 Likes

Re: I Am A Feminist by IamAngelica(f): 2:46pm On Nov 26, 2020
cooooooks:
Who is 'they'?

If you are always meeting these 'they', change your environment.

i can't change my environment for them. Instead what i do is ignore the whole lot of them and mind my business..everybody will always have something to say about you that is something you can't control but what you can control is choosing how to react and deciding for yourself whose opinion matters..so if you don't matter to me, what you have to say doesn't matter either..i surround myself with positive, open minded and like minded people and it does me a lot of good.
Re: I Am A Feminist by DEMZEE(m): 2:48pm On Nov 26, 2020
IamAngelica:
I'm a feminist too but this is not what feminism is about. Your post depicts hatred for men, when what you should hate is the inequality between both genders, how you already feel disadvantaged just for having a hole between your legs. Feminism to men is like what racism is to whites; they don't just get it and they never might because they're not victims. But most people think it's all about hating men and trying to turn everything to favor women while it's not. Feminism is about trying to turn everything to favor everyone irrespective of GENDER, that is what feminism is about. If you say you're a feminist, then you sit still and look pretty and wait for a man to pay your bills or give you his hard earned money or give a hate speech about men on SM, then slide into their DMs to beg for urgent 2K, then you're not. You're just misguided.Work for yourselves,stop waiting on guys and start doing (doesn't have to be something big) and watch how these men will respect you without even knowing it.

Please don't sugar coat feminism abeg

Feminism can and will never b a norm as long as we have conservatives like me around

I am all for women's rights but strongly detest feminism with my all!!!!
Re: I Am A Feminist by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 26, 2020
[quote author=IamAngelica post=96462938]In a marriage institution, the man is the HEAD and the woman is the NECK of the family so this means that they work TOGETHER and hand in hand to make the marriage successful. These are defined by roles, if one fails to hold up his own end or her own end, the other person suffers and this in turn suffers the marriage as a whole. Depending on what works for the couple, the roles shift from time to time and that is why you see men do chores when she's not around and women pay bills when there's paucity of funds. This doesn't make him a simp(as most misguided people would think) or make her a fool but shows their mutual level of understanding. But this does not mean that the woman is inferior or subordinate to the man even in a marriage. Think of it as team work in which both partners are important to each other and if one is down, you cover for the other till recovery, not a fight for dominance. [/quote

We African traditional conservatives understand the core of your points but we dont fully agree with because of modern feminism why?

I'm seriously bothered with the recent trend I'm seeing globally,especially with progressive societies like new Zealand ,Iceland and some Democrat states in the US like Massachusetts who want recently strengthen their abortion law to permit late stage abortion all under the guise of advancing gender equality and feminism, I'm OK with women participating in Societal activities that they were traditionally excluded from before like voting,holding political positions ,joining the military ,holding executive positions, receiving education equal opportunities and equal,right for everyone to be treated equally before the law,even there are strong affirmative action policies to encourage women to play pivotal roles in society, even women attain heights by their own merit ,intelligence and hardwork for what ever they set to accomplish these 21st century .

My problem is with third wave feminism who are now playing the women systematical oppression via patriarchy,Queerness and non binary I.e genderless card,and abortion. In the case of patriarchy and LQBTQ (or genderless) I see it has a fight against nature and biological scientific evidence of human evolution under the guise of the bringing equality and removing traditional restrictions on women the feminist political ideologies want to redefine biological gender roles in the society ,women roles like nurturing ,empathy, caring for their husbands,and fellow other colleagues in the society (men and women both) are now seen as weaknesses on the part of women ,the institutions of marriage ,family ,raising children are now considered obsolete and patriarchal, like for real, they say these is a sociopolitical movement that is evolving to improve women right, currently since the 19th century feminism is on its fifth wave

Gay itself talkless of gay marriage is an absurdity to nature ,an aberration ,abnormality,dysfunctional, unnatural and disgusting norms that we are now seeing in so called liberal progressive societies ,all to destroy the notion of scientific evolutionary gender roles in society and fufil depraved sexual desires ,and ABORTION under the guise of pro choice and reproductive right ,are now pushed by the leftist media and progressive to moralize and justify the killing of babies(whether from zygote, embryo or foetus stage) ,as long as you are pregnant you are carrying a life form,for you to justify and moralize abortion (murder of infants- Infanticide) under the guise of protecting the womens right is inhumane and cruel showing one does not value the sanctity of Life,there is no societal evolutionary advancement for the legalization of abortion except in the case of rape ,incest,and danger to the woman's life,any other reason. Is sheer wickedness and barbarism
Re: I Am A Feminist by Originalsly: 3:08pm On Nov 26, 2020
Hmmm..... I think you are confused. Are you a feminist?...or lesbian?... or both?
Re: I Am A Feminist by IamAngelica(f): 6:24pm On Nov 26, 2020
DEMZEE:

Please don't sugar coat feminism abeg

Feminism can and will never b a norm as long as we have conservatives like me around

I am all for women's rights but strongly detest feminism with my all!!!!
If you are all for women's rights, then you're a feminist..Feminism itself has evolved but this is what the earliest form of feminism was about; equality
Re: I Am A Feminist by DEMZEE(m): 6:37pm On Nov 26, 2020
IamAngelica:
If you are all for women's rights, then you're a feminist..Feminism itself has evolved but this is what the earliest form of feminism was about; equality

You are right feminist has evolved into something so insensible and unrealistic. I'm strongly against 3rd wave feminist.

Women's Rights is liberalism while Feminism is Progressivism

Human beings are not equal so I don't understand how male and female can be equal

Women's rights fought for equity and not equality, feminism is fighting for equality and not equity

Equity is giving people equal playing field to showcase their talents and competency amongst others

Equality is allowing affirmative actions and doesn't necessarily need competency

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist by DEMZEE(m): 6:56pm On Nov 26, 2020
IamAngelica:
Completely agree with you and in real life, i don't tolerate any bigot that denigrates or derides women..the general assumptions are sickening too,they don't believe that i can work my ass off and reward myself by buying expensive things for myself or driving that expensive car or living that luxurious life..they don't believe you can do all that without a man in the picture as if your happiness as a woman is tied to a man..they pressure women into marriage because they think marriage or being "wife material" is all a woman is good for..you could cure cancer, end poverty and world hunger, stop the depletion of the ozone layer and it still wouldn't matter unless you're married..they tell women not to be too ambitous so that they don't threaten the men,so that they get good husbands..tell women to stay virgins for their husbands but don't tell men to do the same and then shame women for exploring their sexuality but hail their male counterparts..d matter plenty..God will help us, i didn't choose to be a woman.

Even yes everything u just typed is to the extreme for women but everything is done to help the woman keep and cherish her FEMININE NATURE.

The solution isn't 4 women to b equal to or like men

The solution is for both men and women to cherish their MASCULINITY AND FEMINITY respectively

I for one believe if a man can marry, have kids and become a successful career man or business man same also a woman can marry, have kids and become a successful career woman or business woman
Re: I Am A Feminist by IamAngelica(f): 7:44pm On Nov 26, 2020
[quote author=Dapcity007 post=96466592][/quote] Very true..it seems like modern day feminists have deviated from the initial and true purpose of the movement. This is why many are reluctant to support feminism.
Re: I Am A Feminist by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 26, 2020
IamAngelica:
Very true..it seems like modern day feminists have deviated from the initial and true purpose of the movement. This is why many are reluctant to support feminism.

Very true

The word feminist is now like a taboo , most conservative men and women don't want to hear talkless of associating with
Re: I Am A Feminist by IamAngelica(f): 7:54pm On Nov 26, 2020
DEMZEE:

You are right feminist has evolved into something so insensible and unrealistic. I'm strongly against 3rd wave feminist.

Women's Rights is liberalism while Feminism is Progressivism

Human beings are not equal so I don't understand how male and female can be equal

Women's rights fought for equity and not equality, feminism is fighting for equality and not equity

Equity is giving people equal playing field to showcase their talents and competency amongst others

Equality is allowing affirmative actions and doesn't necessarily need competency
Salient point noted
Re: I Am A Feminist by DEMZEE(m): 7:58pm On Nov 26, 2020
IamAngelica:
Salient point noted

Now u don't confuse women's rights with feminism

They are both different ideologies entirely
Re: I Am A Feminist by DEMZEE(m): 8:00pm On Nov 26, 2020
Venerealisles:
Yes, this is my first post on nairaland, and all I have to say is, I am a Feminist!!! A proud one at that, I know these little nairaland boys will come for me but I don't care!!
I have a message for y'all, we don't need your money to be happy, we don't need your d#ck to be satisfied, we can do without y'all.
Fellow ladies, lets keep up the movement, the more they realize they ain't shit, the better for them.

Thank God cause we know u ain't a wife material jeeeeezzzzz
Re: I Am A Feminist by IamAngelica(f): 9:00pm On Nov 26, 2020
DEMZEE:

Now u don't confuse women's rights with feminism

They are both different ideologies entirely
But they're both intertwined
Re: I Am A Feminist by DEMZEE(m): 9:14pm On Nov 26, 2020
IamAngelica:
But they're both intertwined

They are not intertwined

Feminism is after equality

Women's rights is after equity
Re: I Am A Feminist by Iconstar: 1:13am On Nov 27, 2020
Chii59:
I'm not a feminist. I am an egalitarian.
None cares undecided

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist by Nobody: 1:14am On Nov 27, 2020
[s]
Iconstar:
None cares undecided
[/s]
Re: I Am A Feminist by Iconstar: 1:15am On Nov 27, 2020
Chii59:
[s][/s]
cheesy He is pained

1 Like

Re: I Am A Feminist by BigJoe19: 1:49am On Nov 27, 2020
CHoccolaTE:
Another thing to note as a Nigerian woman is that it is good to be wise and not let yourself be taken advantage of. Men are cunningly trying to change the status quo to normalize women providing for them while they selfishly keep their money to themselves. Many of the come online to wail about gold diggers and how it it wrong to spend on women but will open threads advising each other to marry women that spend on them and give them money.

if as a woman you have money and power, don't let any man take advantage of you or use you in a relationship, don't be his maid, cleaning or cooking or acting as wife during the relationship because you are just making yourself look stupid and desperate for a guy who does nothing in return for you.
See biased talk sad
Re: I Am A Feminist by BigJoe19: 1:51am On Nov 27, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
Got irritated on seeing 'we can do without y'all'

The feminism i practise doesn't segregate men, and in fact helps them in some regards - particularly with curbing toxic masculinity.

We all need each other, feminism isn't a gender war - at least to me.

only toxic masculinity, is there toxic feminity? grin
Re: I Am A Feminist by BigJoe19: 1:53am On Nov 27, 2020
moyosore32:
pls y'all just ignore that bull crap topic and someone shud just tell us how Liverpool lost to Atalanta at home last night
Liverpool will crumble this season, Atlanta attack was too hot for them.
Re: I Am A Feminist by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 10:40am On Nov 27, 2020
Of course, there's toxic femininity.

BigJoe19:
only toxic masculinity, is there toxic feminity? grin
Re: I Am A Feminist by BabbanBura(m): 10:35pm On Nov 27, 2020
Venerealisles:
Yes, this is my first post on nairaland, and all I have to say is, I am a Feminist!!! A proud one at that, I know these little nairaland boys will come for me but I don't care!!
I have a message for y'all, we don't need your money to be happy, we don't need your d#ck to be satisfied, we can do without y'all.
Fellow ladies, lets keep up the movement, the more they realize they ain't shit, the better for them.

What does anyone expects from the seller of vibrators?

Goodluck vibrating una eggs away!!!
Re: I Am A Feminist by danvault: 1:23am On Nov 28, 2020
Nobody cares, most feminists are lesbians or use vibrators solo, decide before you run out of time. Can you walk up to a man you like, ask for his phone number, take him out on several dates and make him really like you? Can you take it a step further by proposing to him, putting a ring on his finger while you provide accommodation and every other basic need selflessly? If you can't have 7 kids in a year like a man can and can't quit menstruating before menopause, you can't be equal to a man...The concept is just too funny.
Re: I Am A Feminist by bluefilm: 3:56am On Nov 28, 2020
Venerealisles:
[s]Yes, this is my first post on nairaland, and all I have to say is, I am a Feminist!!! A proud one at that, I know these little nairaland boys will come for me but I don't care!!I have a message for y'all, we don't need your money to be happy, we don't need your d#ck to be satisfied, we can do without y'all.Fellow ladies, lets keep up the movement, the more they realize they ain't shit, the better for them[/s].

You can even be an ímbecile for all I care.

But the truth is, no one actually cares about what or who you are.

Your entire existence is totally insignificant and inconsequential.

I'll advise you learn how to keep your low self esteem within yourself.

Nonsense. angry angry
Re: I Am A Feminist by DEMZEE(m): 3:36pm On Nov 28, 2020
danvault:
Nobody cares, most feminists are lesbians or use vibrators solo, decide before you run out of time. Can you walk up to a man you like, ask for his phone number, take him out on several dates and make him really like you? Can you take it a step further by proposing to him, putting a ring on his finger while you provide accommodation and every other basic need selflessly? If you can't have 7 kids in a year like a man can and can't quit menstruating before menopause, you can't be equal to a man...The concept is just too funny.

THIS IS SO ON POINT

AWON FOOLISH FEMINIST OSHI

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Girls Are Useless! (pictures) / Got Married To Him After 3 Months Of Dating And Now I Can’t Stand Him / A Good Sex Should Last For How Many Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.