Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,843 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' (51409 Views)

Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate / Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation / Thieves Stole Money In Senator’s Car, Says Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by tonyson010(m): 10:50am On Nov 24, 2020
Difrent:

Don't be so perssimistic ,NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN.....I used to tell people ,a bad situation cannot continue forever ,the situation will change one day afterall those who want to continue milking the country dry won't live forever .

Keep dreaming.
The current youths are also learning. Even in school, leaders are already mismanaging the funds contributed by colleagues.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by rossniti: 10:50am On Nov 24, 2020
shocked
Juicegal:

Just Negodu... So if the British stole from you, you now justify it by looting from your country's purse. Why can't we see that as a motivation to change things just like China and another Asian countries robbed by the same British did

Slavegirl to oyinbo, no we are not condoning corruption by ASKING THE ORIGINAL LOOTERS TO RETURN THEIR LOOT BEFORE CRITICISING THE CURRENT LEADERSHIP, NOT least because THEY LOOTED MORE THAN NIGERIAN leaders, AND THEY CAN GET THEIR BANKS TO RETURN ALL LOOTED FUNDS FROM NIGERIA TODAY.

UNTIL YOU dullards START DEMANDING THAT THE WEST STOP harbouring OUR LOOTED WEALTH, OR ELSE THEY SHOULD STFU ABOUT corruption, YOU WILL NEVER SEE YOUR MONEY. DAMN SLAVES SUCKING WHITE D.ICK FOR BREAKFAST.

How can you confront them when they've brainwashed you to see them as gods, bleaching your skins, worshiping their white 'Jesus' , faking their accent to sound like them, and other forms of self hate and self debasement?

They can come tomorrow and r.ape your mothers, and the next day start campaigning against forced sex, and you will all shut up and fall in line like the SLAVES you are.

Useless set of people.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by uuzba(m): 10:51am On Nov 24, 2020
oluwadabira111:
You mean half of the central bank? Mtcheew! UK sef should expose themselve na,how much have they stolen from us 1960 till date,hypocrite set of people.
Hypocrite?
But Nigerians are running over to UK to study, work build house and pose! Snapping picture of themselves posing in London and other UK ciities.. Why can't the idiots there protest and fight the UK government for their hypocrisy?
They just relax there and be praising UK, government and infrastructure 24/7.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by SirLiquidGold: 10:54am On Nov 24, 2020
And same Gowan was saying we should pray for Nigeria. Meanwhile he is busy looting Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 24, 2020
Sometimes,I wonder why students don't study history in Nigeria.
Truth be said,history itself is way way twisted to favour ignorance.
The government house needs a thorough cleansing. PURIFICATION

kai
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by themaestro08(m): 10:55am On Nov 24, 2020
Neddstark:
Gowon was removed from power in a coup while he was in Uganda. What time did he have to loot half of the central bank and come to London after his coup? Why didnt the government of Muritala request the funds transferred to London. There is no way that money that huge will leave the shores of Nigeria and not be noticed by the succeeding government. Also, he came back to Nigeria and nothing was done about it.
I am not defending nobody. This UK parliament man was probably a child when this thing happened. We need strong proof to verify this actually happened. Verbal assertions is not enough. We were sure of what Obasanjo did. We had proof of what Abacha did. So let the proofs come out.

In a bid to sound smart you end of coming across very ignorant and naive. So because the MP was probably a child when Gowon was miking the country dry means it nullifies what he says, right?

1 Like

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Standing5(m): 10:57am On Nov 24, 2020
Same man I heard once said our problem isn't availability of money but how to spend it.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by themaestro08(m): 10:59am On Nov 24, 2020
Neddstark:

I am not defending any politician. They are the cause of Nigeria's problem. But however, I am of the opinion that every allegation should be backed up with proof/facts.

Everything you need to know is well written here.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria&ved=2ahUKEwiIn-OQ_JrtAhUxy4UKHdrjAokQFjAVegQIMxAB&usg=AOvVaw0vZSVB9fp_rxeEPp2lSR4T&cshid=1606213744552
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:00am On Nov 24, 2020
seunmsg:

Are you aware Gowon struggled to fund his university education while in the UK? A reporter snapped him queuing for food at the university cafeteria and the picture trended all over the world. Murtala Mohammed was so embarrassed that he quickly dispatched TY Danjuma to London to beg him to return to Nigeria. Gowon refused to return and the decided to be paying t him pension and stipend so that he can fund his education properly.

When Obasanjo the payment of his pension and stipend as a result of the Dimka coup, Nigerians in the UK contributed money for him to finish his program.

So, how is it possible for Gowon to move half of CBN money to UK and still be struggling to fund his university education?
Bros. These ur pics prove nothing. Only him carry three plates put for front and you said he's broke. I gues if he wasn't he'll probably eat the whole cafeteria. FYI, even the prince waited-in-line for food while in university and even during military service. The British PM takes the rail like everyone else. UK is just planning to get a PJ for the office of the PM. The PM uses BA flights like everyone else. UK life is not Nigeria where animals get levels pass themselves

1 Like

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by rossniti: 11:05am On Nov 24, 2020
lekki1444:
ENGLAND SHOULD BE TAKEN TO COURT FOR RECEIVING STOLEN MONEY. WHOMEVER STOLE AND THE PERSON WHO RECEIVES THE LOOT ARE ALL THIEVES. CHARGE ENGLAND TO COURT ALREADY

If only these slaves we call Nigerians had your common sense and dignity.

Imagine. The person that is HOUSING your money is coming out to shout "corruption" to make himself look good, while throwing his local errand boys under the bus, and Nigerian dumb slaves are taken in by such elementary deceit and gross hypocrisy. Disgusting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:05am On Nov 24, 2020
naptu2:

Even the parliamentarian did not provide evidence, instead he said, "It is said". People who say that are merely repeating rumours. He should tell us who said and what the evidence is.

There was definitely corruption during the Gowon Administration, but like the Shagari Administration, the allegations were not against Gowon but against people that served under him.

There were two main reasons that Yar'Adua, Garba and Abdullahi removed Gowon and they are

1) Because he refused to hand over to civilians in 1976 as he had promised.

2) Because he refused to punish people in his administration that were corrupt.

That's why Murtala sacked and jailed a lot of people (especially civil servants) that were corrupt.

They set up panels to investigate everybody. Only two governors were cleared of corruption. All the others were indicted.

People like Adeyemi Bero were sacked and tried. Eko Court was recovered from him.

Even the chief justice, Professor Elias, was removed from office, yet there was not a single charge against Gowon.

Military governments like to accuse their predecessors of every bad thing under the sun, in order to justify their coup and win favour from the masses. Why did the anti-corruption government of Murtala not charge Gowon with a single allegation of corruption?

Why did the Obasanjo regime, which declared Gowon wanted, not charge him with looting half the CBN?

Where is the evidence (not beer parlour rumour, but evidence)?
Show me one Nigerian leader, just one who has ever been charged for corruption
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by rossniti: 11:16am On Nov 24, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

Bros. These ur pics prove nothing. Only him carry three plates put for front and you said he's broke. I gues if he wasn't he'll probably eat the whole cafeteria. FYI, even the prince waited-in-line for food while in university and even during military service. The British PM takes the rail like everyone else. UK is just planning to get a PJ for the office of the PM. The PM uses BA flights like everyone else. UK life is not Nigeria where animals get levels pass themselves

Abeg shut up. Slave falling for public stunts meant to deceive low IQ goats like you. The BRITISH PEOPLE do not buy those stunts, and understand all too well the MASSIVE class inequalities in Britain, where the PM might ride in a train, but still not give up acres of prime country land worth millions of pounds handed down to him by his aristocratic forbears.

Or where millions are in poverty, homelessness and debt where their queen sits in Buckingham palace surrounded by billions of pounds worth of gold furniture and art paintings.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:17am On Nov 24, 2020
od501:

Naija, behold, your war hero and saint grin....who is the hero now?! Ojukwu or Gowan?! Wise up people, Nigeria is a scam!

Even Ojukwu self na thief! He looted the Eastern region like mad

1 Like

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by od501: 11:18am On Nov 24, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

Even Ojukwu self na thief! He looted the Eastern region like mad

Rubbish! Say what you know. Oya mention one. Just one looting scenario.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Jonathan39: 11:19am On Nov 24, 2020
Don't go about calling everyone criminals because you and Naira Marley Happen to be one
coronavirus19:

Ogun fire ur left yansh there. If u no get enough brain juice to comprehend what I wrote up there, why quote me?
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by durasome(m): 11:20am On Nov 24, 2020
Neddstark:
Gowon was removed from power in a coup while he was in Uganda. What time did he have to loot half of the central bank and come to London after his coup? Why didnt the government of Muritala request the funds transferred to London. There is no way that money that huge will leave the shores of Nigeria and not be noticed by the succeeding government. Also, he came back to Nigeria and nothing was done about it.
I am not defending nobody. This UK parliament man was probably a child when this thing happened. We need strong proof to verify this actually happened. Verbal assertions is not enough. We were sure of what Obasanjo did. We had proof of what Abacha did. So let the proofs come out.
..you must be a member of gowon family.keep enjoying the money but remember there is God oo.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:20am On Nov 24, 2020
od501:

Rubbish! Say what you know. Oya mention one. Just one looting scenario.

He stole Biafra money too and hid it in his headtie and ran away to Ivory Coast

You too, mention just one looting scenario of Gowon
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:23am On Nov 24, 2020
rossniti:

Abeg shut up. Slave falling for public stunts meant to deceive low IQ goats like you. The BRITISH PEOPLE do not buy those stunts, and understand all too well the MASSIVE class inequalities in Britain, where the PM might ride in a train, but still not give up acres of prime land worth millions of pounds handed down to him by his aristocratic forbears.

Or where millions are in poverty, homelessness and debt where their queen sits in Buckingham palace surrounded by billions of pounds worth of gold furniture and art paintings.

Why do you have to quote me with this nonsense why?
Read what you wrote and see how stupid it sounds
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:25am On Nov 24, 2020
grandstar:
When Gowon came back in 1983, he was said to have been broke. We so want to believe the worst in people.

Corruption then was rather mild compared to what we have today where people fllaunt sleaze without shame.

Yes, but he did make his friends rich like Tunji Braithwaite.

Most importantly, I doubt you can just walk into the Central Bank and steal wantonly. It's obviously exaggerated to make him look bad

That your last line, Abacha did exactly that
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Nwaotu10(m): 11:26am On Nov 24, 2020
ibietela2:

He is alive na
I bet he wouldn't stay alive forever.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by sangresan(m): 11:26am On Nov 24, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

Abacha, IBB, Obj, Goodluck through his wife, Tinubu, Orji Kalu, Okotie Eboh, Ajasin, Azikwe, Ahmadu Bello, Ibori, Awo, etc

But some were found not guilty e.g Ajasin
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by naptu2: 11:30am On Nov 24, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

What the hell? Is that the evidence that we are asking for? How does that prove anything?

Anyway, your question is, "Show me one Nigerian leader, just one who has ever been charged for corruption" (please don't shift the goal post later).

I'll give you two, Nnamdi Azikiwe and Sani Abacha.

1 Like

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by rossniti: 11:31am On Nov 24, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

Why do you have to quote me with this nonsense why?
Read what you wrote and see how stupid it sounds

No, you see how STUPID YOU SOUND by talking about British leaders riding the train, when they preside over the most unequal society you can think of. If you don't know Britain, and the heavily class stratified society they are, go and learn.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by adonainana: 11:32am On Nov 24, 2020
Imagine stealing millions of pounds and coming to spend it here in Nigeria to create jobs and empower people

This is why sometimes I can’t blame yahoo boys, I have a friend who wiped £100k from a Uk company and created up to a 1,000 vacancies in Nigeria companies
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Amos1423(m): 11:32am On Nov 24, 2020
The British didn't travel all the way down to Nigeria to develop it, they came for business, when we got tired we sent them out because we understood their business exploit affected us hugely.

Our problem is not with the britisB cause we have seen the way they're running their country to almost perfect state, our problem is with the ones that thought they could do it but became far worse and dehumanising than the business men themselves.

rossniti:

WHAT ABOUT THE TRILLIONS THE BRITISH STOLE FROM 1897 TO 1960?

WHY WAS NIGERIA STILL AN ''UNDERDEVELOPED COUNTRY'' WITH NO POWER STATIONS, UNIVERSITIES, OR EXPRESSWAYS, AND AN ILLITERACY RATE OF 95% IN 1960 AT INDEPENDENCE, AFTER 70 YEARS OF UNINTERRUPTED BRITISH RULE?

WHAT DID THE BRITISH DO WITH THE TRILLIONS THEY MADE FROM EXPORTING OUR NATURAL RESOURCES?

WHO ARE THEY TO TALK ABOUT NIGERIAN CORRUPTION WHEN THEY ARE THE ORIGINAL THIEVES AND LOOTERS WHO HAVE STILL NOT RETURNED A PENNY THEY STOLE?
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:33am On Nov 24, 2020
sangresan:

Abacha, IBB, Obj, Goodluck through his wife, Tinubu, Orji Kalu, Okotie Eboh, Ajasin, Azikwe, Ahmadu Bello, Ibori, Awo, etc

But some were found not guilty e.g Ajasin
I expect you know what Nigerian leader means.
Show the charge sheet for Abacha, IBB, OBJ, Goodluck, Azikiwe.
FYI, Patience was not charged for corruption. The claim was that the money in the account does not belong to her while she claimed it did. Get that straight or better still read up on it.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Aguogba(m): 11:37am On Nov 24, 2020
ednut1:
Gowon was overthrown while at AU meeting. how did he then move the money to London we all know he stole but can this man's account be accurate. The west are enablers of corruptions but still come out latter to talk shit lmao grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfGF3HwSMrc
Gowon is still alive to but you are responding to these accusations before him, the accused. Shame on your entire generation.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by sangresan(m): 11:38am On Nov 24, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:
And one wonders how it was Gowon he mentioned and not even evil genius IBB or vile Abacha. Not even OBJ the most popular among them but Gowon. If you think this is not classified information he's giving out freely then you lack perception brother.
Besides, what are you sure of that OBJ did?

There is nothing classified about it......You can't steal money and bury it in the sand - it's not possible....

In fact, Murtala Muhammed would have exposed Gowon if the latter had embezzled Nigerian money. They were bitter rivals...Many of those posting comments here know next to nothing about Nigeria's past.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Aguogba(m): 11:39am On Nov 24, 2020
Neddstark:
Will you fu*king keep kwayet! This is UK parliament my friend. It is not a random guy making a Snapchat video from his backyard
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:39am On Nov 24, 2020
sangresan:

There is nothing classified about it....You can't steal money and bury it in the sand - it's not possible....

He never said he buried it in the sand. He said he brought it to UK. Did you watch the video?
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by LordOfTheGame: 11:41am On Nov 24, 2020
pyxon:
If Nigerian historians could paint Gowon as a war hero and saint, only for him to be exposed to be a pilferer like this, then I wonder how much Nigerian government and historians have twisted the Nigerian civil war story

Lies can travel as far and fast as speed of light but it take truth just seconds to catch up and disgrace it. What the historians have been saying is how the coup was an Igbo coup and how ojukwu caused war bla bla bla, the truth remains that Nigeria declared a genocide against Igbos our of hate, greed and quest for crude oil and tagged it "civil war". There was nothing civil in that, they twisted the whole story just to make Igbos look bad. Have you asked why history was removed from the school curriculum? This is one of the reasons. Their war hero is a common criminal and looter.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:42am On Nov 24, 2020
rossniti:

No, you see how STUPID YOU SOUND by talking about British leaders riding the train, when they preside over the most unequal society you can think of. If you don't know Britain, and the heavily class stratified society they are, go and learn.

Britain is the most unequal society and Nigeria is faring better than them in terms of inequality I guess.
Did Britian fry your brain or something?
Ask yourself. Someone has millions of pounds in ancestral lands which he is not beholden by any law to give up but still uses the public transport system. Can you show me one such example in Nigeria? Your example actually served to buttress my point about their lifestyle you dumbo

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Lagos APC; Sanwo-olu Reacts After Ambode's Allegations Against Him. Photos / Fayose Buys Corn From A Woman At Iju-Itaogbolu Road (Photos) / Atiku Wins Sokoto As PDP Calls For Fresh Election In 471 Polling Units

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.