Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' (51436 Views)

Uk Parliament Condemns Killing Of #endsars Protesters At Lekki Toll Gate / Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation / Thieves Stole Money In Senator’s Car, Says Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by EMMY76: 12:48pm On Nov 24, 2020
rossniti:

Are you aware that Britain was drilling oil in the delta and selling since 1914, but it was only after independence in 1960 that Nigerians discovered they had oil in commercial quantities in the same delta?

These are the same British lecturing us about not being corrupt.

They are taugth nigerian politicians how to loot.

1 Like

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by teadrake(m): 12:51pm On Nov 24, 2020
Neddstark:

This was a verbal assertion from a young MP. Please I am not arguing or defending nobody. Adesina was accused of non-transparency in his first term as president of AFDB by the West but was cleared. GEJ was accused of preventing the rescue of the Chibok girls by the UK media but he gave his defense. Gowon was never a saint, but an allegation of that magnitude needs ample proof sir.
I think for the young MP to have made such a bold statement knowing full well who General Gowon is and how respected he is, I think he wasn't just talking for speaking sake. He has the fact. However, he (MP) won't feel comfortable sharing it since the subject matter wasn't about General Gowon. Trust me Sir, those guys have undeniable evidence against Nigerian politician. Should they start to be rolling them out, this country will be inflamed!!
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:55pm On Nov 24, 2020
rossniti:

Use your head, dunce. I meant that Nigerian leaders are better FOR NIGERIA than the British colonialists who ruled Nigeria for 63 years before them.

I also do not subscribe to praising the British for looting and raiding half the world to enrich their country. If everyone did that, what kind of world would we have, or does your donkey brain not think along such lines?

The US and India actually are good friends with the British who also raided their country and even killed them before they got independence. Move on boy
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by rossniti: 12:58pm On Nov 24, 2020
Patruul007:
GOWON that is been celebrated was actually a bigger thief than ABACHA, men dis news shock me ooo laslas revolution the KEY

So why did your oyinbo masters not return the "half central bank money"?

Or they didn't know it was stolen money, assuming the story is true? I mean, Gowon basically dashed them our money, which they kept, and are now telling us they have our money.

Won't you ask for your money?
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:00pm On Nov 24, 2020
od501:

Lol....you funny oo.... why will I even bother mentioning one when my learned colleague in the British Parliament has already done that. Isn't that enough reason to be soooo....proud of your war hero?! As for the Ojukwu you mentioned, remember that is was once the son of the richest man in Africa. He funded the war, so where exactly did he get the money he stole?
He funded the war according to who? What business was he doing to fund the war and which account was he drawing the money from?
You guys just believe your own shite easily.
People don't loot because they are poor. They loot because they can. Ojukwu looted. Deal with it.

1 Like

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:02pm On Nov 24, 2020
rossniti:

Are you aware that Britain was drilling oil in the delta and selling since 1914, but it was only after independence in 1960 that Nigerians discovered they had oil in commercial quantities in the same delta?

Correction. Oil in commercial quantities was discovered in 1956. The first sale of oil was in 1958.
The British were ready to leave Nigeria as at 1948. It was our northern brothers that kept claiming they are not ready to be independent. Get a brief gist of history before you start jumping around calling British names as if they are the cause of your impotence

1 Like

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by rossniti: 1:03pm On Nov 24, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

The US and India actually are good friends with the British who also raided their country and even killed them before they got independence. Move on boy

Dunce, the British built massive infrastructure in America and across India, seeing them as future economic partners, as those regions lacked significant natural resources.

In Africa, they looted extensively and built nothing, seeing Africa as a perennial source of raw materials rather than business partners.

The British, oh dullard, did not treat all their colonies the same way. It all depended on their interests in each specific region.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by drealzum(m): 1:05pm On Nov 24, 2020
Reference:
Yeah. My dad told me this story many years back, I would say very reluctantly. Was common knowledge amongst those of them working in the UK during the civil war. Many, many things happened that Nigerians are unaware about before, during and after the war about people some of whom are considered national heroes today.

Today I know more about the First and Second World wars, the Korean War and the Vietnam war than the Civil War in my country. We are a nation of deep historical deficit. We know very little about this country called Nigeria, her history and her people. Little wonder we keep stumbling. There is nothing to learn from.
So you believe Gowon stole half of CBN? A man that had no idea he will be kicked out of office? At what point did he elope with the money? I don't know why Nigerians quickly believe the opinion of a parliamentarian that hid behind the curtains of 'so it is said' to malign a good man. Who said? He heard it from discussions of drunks at some local pub in London or where ? What proof does he have ? I'm disappointed how we quickly accept the opinions of others on our selves. Have you met General Gowon before? That man has no concern with the vanities of this world. Just a quiet man who prays and spend his time worshipping his creator. The man does not like trouble. He lives a quite life. I wish you can meet him.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by rossniti: 1:09pm On Nov 24, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

Correction. Oil in commercial quantities was discovered in 1956. The first sale of oil was in 1958.
The British were ready to leave Nigeria as at 1948. It was our northern brothers that kept claiming they are not ready to be independent. Get a brief gist of history before you start jumping around calling British names as if they are the cause of your impotence

Olodo, go and watch the lecture by that Igbo prof who did the research on British activities in Nigeria, and clearly showed, with documentary evidence that the British were drilling oil from WW1 in 1914 in the delta. Mumu slave and oyibo ass kisser.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by themaestro08(m): 1:10pm On Nov 24, 2020
rossniti:

If you had a working brain, which you don't, you would realise that corruption, like drug trafficking, is a RACKET that involves multiple players in multiple countries, who facilitate the moving around of money.

This is why when the US govt goes after drug gangs, they don't limit it to US based mules, who are often the small fry. They send special agents to Colombia, Mexico etc, to fish out the heads of the networks, and take them out, or drag them to the US for trial etc.

UNTIL WE HAVE THAT SAME APPROACH TO CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA, you will NEVER end that problem here.

Until you grow the balls to tell the big banks and big shots in England, France, Switzerland, etc to STOP ENABLING CORRUPTION IN AFRICA, you will keep being STUPID.

I actually wasn't expecting you to put an intelligent discussion, like I said earlier, you always resort to name calling whenever your views are challenged which to me says a lot about you as a person. angry. The fact that you resort to insults validates my concerns

Your insults won't/never change anything. If any it will only solidify my/our stance on you that you are nothing but a filled space with nothing to contribute in a logical conversation.

I won't stoop low to banter words with you. But know that your disgusting attitude is annoying Af. I am not fighting with you neither do I want such. The earlier you desist from making senseless and ignorant comments about Nigeria and Africa the better for you.

1 Like

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:11pm On Nov 24, 2020
Naptu2. Stop being dull. I asked for a Nigerian leader charged with corruption. Common sense should tell you I meant charged with corrupt acts as Nigerian leader. You should stop clutching at straws. You can see very well that no Nigerian leader has been charged with corruption.
Azikiwe was not Nigeria's leader during the colonial days while Abacha estate is not same as Sani Abacha.
As a matter of fact, the Abacha scenario goes to buttress my claim of espirit des corps among our leaders. If we were a serious nation and with the kind of injury Abacha inflicted on us, he should have been charged posthumously and convicted for corruption.
But no Nigerian leader enters that aso rock and thinks of changing Nigeria's story. They enter as lions and seat as wolves over our commonwealth playing see no evil.
That was the premise of that statement I made. Hope you understand now.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Neddstark: 1:16pm On Nov 24, 2020
teadrake:

I think for the young MP to have made such a bold statement knowing full well who General Gowon is and how respected he is, I think he wasn't just talking for speaking sake. He has the fact. However, he (MP) won't feel comfortable sharing it since the subject matter wasn't about General Gowon. Trust me Sir, those guys have undeniable evidence against Nigerian politician. Should they start to be rolling them out, this country will be inflamed!!

I understand they do have evidence. Let them please share it when necessary especially to backup their claims. Let the truth set us free.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:17pm On Nov 24, 2020
rossniti:

Dunce, the British built massive infrastructure in America and across India, seeing them as future economic partners, as those regions lacked significant natural resources.

In Africa, they looted extensively and built nothing, seeing Africa as a perennial source of raw materials rather than business partners.

The British, oh dullard, did not treat all their colonies the same way. It all depended on their interests in each specific region.
British built massive infrastructure in the 18th century grin grin I guess those infrastructures are still standing till today. Idiot, the whole US was one massive sugarcane and cotton plantation for the British with very heavy taxes. And Americans were Caucasians like them in case you don't know.
India was even poorer than Nigeria at independence. Go and check the facts and stop spewing rubbish
All these is besides the fact that both countries got their independence from Britian though spilling their blood and paying the ultimate price while your own leaders were practically begged and cajoled to become independence. I suggest you get a brain ASAP.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by rossniti: 1:18pm On Nov 24, 2020
themaestro08:

I actually wasn't expecting you to put an intelligent discussion, like I said earlier, you always resort to name calling whenever your views are challenged which to me says a lot about you as a person. angry. The fact that you resort to insults validates my concerns

Your insults won't/never change anything. If any it will only solidify my/our stance on you that you are nothing but a filled space with nothing to contribute in a logical conversation.

I won't stoop low to banter words with you. But know that your disgusting attitude is annoying Af. I am not fighting with you neither do I want such. The earlier you desist from making senseless and ignorant comments about Nigeria and Africa the better for you.

You wouldn't know common sense if it walked up to you and thumped you in the head. As long as folks like you come here trying to exonerate the head of the snake, and paint him as an angel of light, I shall keep whupping your butts.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:19pm On Nov 24, 2020
rossniti:

Olodo, go and watch the lecture by that Igbo prof who did the research on British activities in Nigeria, and clearly showed, with documentary evidence that the British were drilling oil from WW1 in 1914 in the delta. Mumu slave and oyibo ass kisser.

Igbo prof indeed. I guess he was there when they were drilling the oil in the delta. person
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by rossniti: 1:29pm On Nov 24, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

British built massive infrastructure in the 18th century grin grin I guess those infrastructures are still standing till today. Idiot, the whole US was one massive sugarcane and cotton plantation for the British with very heavy taxes. And Americans were Caucasians like them in case you don't know.
India was even poorer than Nigeria at independence. Go and check the facts and stop spewing rubbish
All these is besides the fact that both countries got their independence from Britian though spilling their blood and paying the ultimate price while your own leaders were practically begged and cajoled to become independence. I suggest you get a brain ASAP.

Donkey, the British built railroads that boosted internal trade, plus massive factories, in the US, not to mention mass education, and invested heavily in power plants and education in India. They built universities and engineering institutes across India and the US. The university of Calcutta was established by them in 1857.

Then the university of Mumbai was built the same year, followed by others in quick succession. None of this was done in Nigeria or black Africa.

WE had to start from ZERO in the 1960s.

I mean, your ignorance stinks to high heavens.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by golddare: 1:32pm On Nov 24, 2020
pyxon:
If Nigerian historians could paint Gowon as a war hero and saint, only for him to be exposed to be a pilferer like this, then I wonder how much Nigerian government and historians have twisted the Nigerian civil war story

You dey mind them, so gullible to think even Abdusalam is a saint. They are all crooks.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by 8stargeneral: 1:32pm On Nov 24, 2020
These people HV killed Nigeria right from day one...what a country?.

1 Like

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by themaestro08(m): 1:36pm On Nov 24, 2020
rossniti:

You wouldn't know common sense if it walked up to you and thumped you in the head. As long as folks like you come here trying to exonerate the head of the snake, and paint him as an angel of light, I shall keep whupping your butts.

Whipping butts? grin grin grin

Ladies and gentlemen its official this guy is a............

If not for the fact i always try my best to be civil I would have shred this piece of garbage to pieces.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by rossniti: 1:44pm On Nov 24, 2020
themaestro08:

Whipping butts? grin grin grin

Ladies and gentlemen its official this guy is a............

If not for the fact i always try my best to be civil I would have shred this piece of garbage to pieces.

Yep. Talk some slave shiit and I'll whup your asss, Uncle Tom.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by frog12: 1:49pm On Nov 24, 2020
GOWON is still alive. he should speak!
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by DAVE5(m): 1:51pm On Nov 24, 2020
simple250:
And where is the money?

That’s the annoying part, what do they use the money for?

E get the kind money wey person suppose no thief cos u can’t even eat it in 10 life times

Buy house, buy car, eat, buy clothes, buy all the luxury money can afford, what more?

If they use the stolen funds to establish companies and employ people, at least unemployment would be on the low, but no, nah to dey waste the money, do overly loud weddings for their children, las las they die and leave all the stolen monies in a bank

This Nigeria tire person
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by falopey: 1:54pm On Nov 24, 2020
DonCandido:
Hypocrites!

Seriously? Gowon took the money to the UK more than 50 years ago and the morons are just revealing that now?

This idiot is unwittingly indicting the UK and UK banks as accessories to criminality. That the UK is the devil himself!

But we know better, Gowon did NOT steal and could not have stolen any money given the circumstances of his ouster from government and the fact that the Federal Military Government at the time he was a student in the university in the UK paid for his boarding and school fees after a lot of pressure.

This mumu needs to give us more proof of this imaginary pilfering by Gowon; Where and when was the money stolen? Before the OAU meeting in Ethiopia or after? Where did he warehouse the money? In a bank? Which bank? His University dormitory? Under his bed?

Gowon had only one house until the government of Plateau State provided him a befitting one.

Hypocrisy of the highest order, all the way from Westminster!

Your brain needs reset for typing this trash. A man spent 9 years in power. An absolute ruler. Ruling when there was war instability in the country. A perfect situation good enough to steal money in the name of procuring weapons and no one would dare ask him a question. You opened your mouth and said Gowon CANNOT stole. Are you high? Is Gowon an angel? All past Nigerian leaders are thieves.

Let Gowon stand up to the allegation if he is man enough. UK government will expose more his skeleton
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by DAVE5(m): 1:56pm On Nov 24, 2020
RuudVanNisteroy:
Gowon-Took 50% of the Central Bank
IBB- Took 60% of the Central Bank
Abacha- Took 70% of the Central Bank
Abdusalami: Took 90% of the Central Bank and left OBJ with nothing in the coffers.
Buhari- I wonder how much Buhari has taken

When buhari dies, that’s when we would know how much chaos that wicked man caused on this country, the stealing going on in the country currently would surprise the great thieves obasanjo and Jonathan so much that they would wish they served in buhari’s tenure as boy boy for him gan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by hybridblood07(m): 1:56pm On Nov 24, 2020
Bro, we have millions of youth who have the same mindset with our current leaders. It takes the Grace of God for Nigeria to be better.
Difrent:

Don't be so perssimistic ,NIGERIA WILL BE GREAT AGAIN.....I used to tell people ,a bad situation cannot continue forever ,the situation will change one day afterall those who want to continue milking the country dry won't live forever .

1 Like

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 24, 2020
rossniti:

Slight correction...

Oil was discovered in non-commercial quantities at Akata, near Eket in 1953. Prior to the Akata find, the company had spent around £6 million on exploratory activities in the country. In the pursuit of commercially available petroleum, Shell-BP found oil in Oloibiri, Nigeria in 1956. Other important oil wells discovered during the period were Afam and Bomu in Ogoni territory. Production of crude oil began in 1957, and in 1960 a total of 847,000 tonnes of crude oil was exported

Sauce : WIKIPEDIA.

1 Like

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by frog12: 2:00pm On Nov 24, 2020
so he STASHED the money away for a long time and murtala muhammed didnt bother to EMBARRASS him.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by DAVE5(m): 2:00pm On Nov 24, 2020
Realdeals:
This among others are the reasons history was expunged from our education curriculum.

Nigeria’s history is filled with kleptomaniacs

Obasanjo
Babangida
Orji Kalu
Abacha
Gowon
Jonathan
Tinubu
Abdulsalam
Buhari (1983 and present)

Just to name a few, there’s almost non of them that doesn’t have a case of theft of public properties against them
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by DAVE5(m): 2:04pm On Nov 24, 2020
8stargeneral:
These people HV killed Nigeria right from day one...what a country?.

Nigeria should have been a land of milk, honey and gold

Dubai for dey learn work for our hand but no, we have thieves all over the place
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by rossniti: 2:07pm On Nov 24, 2020
DAVE5:

Nigeria’s history is filled with kleptomaniacs

Obasanjo
Babangida
Orji Kalu
Abacha
Gowon
Jonathan
Tinubu
Abdulsalam
Buhari (1983 and present)

Just to name a few, there’s almost non of them that doesn’t have a case of theft of public properties against them
You forgot the British rulers before them. Lord Lugard, Lord McPherson, Lord bla bla bla.

Don't omit them from "Nigeria's history", otherwise you're a dishonest little crook.
Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by cynthia500(f): 2:08pm On Nov 24, 2020
“How to stop time: kiss. How to travel in time: read. How to escape time: music. How to feel time: write. How to release time: breathe.”
“Time is what we want most and what we use worst.
It’s not about having enough time, it’s about making enough time.
Time is money.”
Better three hours too soon than a minute too late.”
The trouble is, you think you have time.”
The greatest gift you could give someone is your time. Because when you give your time, you are giving a portion of your life you can’t get back

2 Likes

Re: UK Parliament: Gowon Stole Money 'Half Of The Central Bank Of Nigeria' by rossniti: 2:10pm On Nov 24, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

Slight correction...

Sauce : WIKIPEDIA.

Dude, that is the OFFICIAL story, which is very different from the truth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Governor Zulum Extols Igbo Spare-Part Traders, Promises Financial Support / Egberi Papa: 'why Atiku Will Win Buhari Landslide At The Presidential Election' / Lobbying For Appointments In Tinubu’s Presidency Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.