Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? (55860 Views)

Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment / 31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlord/Lady Has Ever Given You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by stillmaticOG(m): 10:18pm On Nov 26, 2020
Not to bring in female visitors at night

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Myhusband(m): 10:19pm On Nov 26, 2020
tiffanyfan:

Your house

Nice look
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by berryPee(m): 10:19pm On Nov 26, 2020
At this tender age, you have chosen the path of Lai Mohammed. We shall continue to pray for your deliverance
collinsuchendu:
grin Could you imagine that my landlady had the guts to tell me that I should make sure I always satisfy her first daughter else she will send me packing. Lol.. funny but true.

Well, that's the effects of living in a coded oloshos compound.

The dude below what do you have to say?

17 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by chukwuibuipob: 10:20pm On Nov 26, 2020
sad some tenants are demon from d pit of hell.They’ll accept ur rules b4 Dey pack/move in.Only for dem to change after 4/6 months

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by fatymore(f): 10:20pm On Nov 26, 2020
grin

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by debbydams(f): 10:22pm On Nov 26, 2020
No male nd female friends allowed to visit, I must be in my room by 7pm.. I spent one week nd i.packed out 0..my friends came to help me with light nd dx man � embarrassed them I moved out that day with d money I paid.. The one I collected next, I must wake up by 5am to sweep, only one bf is allowed nd i.will introduce him to.. I must not cook inside my perishable (tomatoes, pepper, onions) must be in my room.. Food cabinet. Is not allowed inside d room, after 8pm d gate must b locked.. My bf must buy landlrd gift whenever he comes to visit.. My experience as a student in kwara state.

28 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by SmartPolician: 10:22pm On Nov 26, 2020
I
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Reeberry: 10:22pm On Nov 26, 2020
Karleb:
Mama was angry I brought someone into my room without informing her.

Rule of thumb; don't stay with your landlord/lady.
Continue dey find house wey landlord/lady no dey stay there. undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 26, 2020
jawalis:
Landlady said no punching of nails and other stuffs on the wall. Damn. I already have 2 different shelves on my wall now aside my TV and gadget shelve.
She said hotplate is not allowed, now; I have a double faced hotplate.
She said no female visitors after 10. My ex used to spend weeks with me.
She said no wearing of trousers for ladies, babes in the compound uses leggings now and dye their hairs. And lots more.
She’s aware of these things all but there’s nothing she can do anymore.

If it was my house and I said no hotplate and you still brought hotplate, I will not only throw you out, I will arrest you because you must have signed a written agreement before I even let you in.
Do you have individual meter or is it when it's time to pay bill, you start saying that your landlord is a wicked man

14 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by dondozy(m): 10:25pm On Nov 26, 2020
what a fuxckry grin
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by themainman600(m): 10:25pm On Nov 26, 2020
Rextizzle:
Oh u finally changed Ur profile pic, see as u fuglyy die cheesy

anyways let's meet so that I go reason you something grin
hmm....You too like woman

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Innobee99(m): 10:27pm On Nov 26, 2020
My landlady is the best.....

The only text u get from her is" Remember ur rent will be due next month" Na till next year again. U no go even see her. I love u my invisible landlady

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by apple30(f): 10:27pm On Nov 26, 2020
Den when I was in sch ,off k,three of us rented an apartment,I always go home every weekend to assist my mum on her catering business ..so d landlord came to me to ask me where am I going every weekend ,that I don't cook n wash dishes like d rest of them..I was like uncle, wat has my not staying around be an issue..he said he watch out for his tenant,DAT if I can not stay around like d rest of them I should pack out..ee shock :-me shocked..becos I no dey near am ,n gossip like d rest .. angry..advice ,don't ever stay a house DAT d landlord or landlady r also occupying part of d building.. lipsrsealed

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by SmartPolician: 10:28pm On Nov 26, 2020
After paying legal fee (this is different from tenancy agreement, caution fee, and agent fee), speaking with my next of kin and seeing my guarantor in person, mine asked me, "Are you having sex with your girlfriend?"

She was serious; she was interested in knowing the answer to her question.

Landladies are horrible people

28 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Ytea(f): 10:29pm On Nov 26, 2020
I'm coming..
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by jospepper(m): 10:30pm On Nov 26, 2020
tiffanyfan:

We Don startttttt
I want to follow you, shulai?
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by philo04(m): 10:30pm On Nov 26, 2020
M a landlord I don't even have tym for my tenants ....and them no get my tym ...who cares

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by ghidhehorn(m): 10:30pm On Nov 26, 2020
My landlady only pump water for us on Wednesday and sundays. And About 21 rooms sharing a single 1000litre water tank.

Worse part, if light no dey for Wednesday you have to wait till Sunday. And if NEPA off light along the way... that's all for that lovely week.

Lesson: Never rent an apartment where you and your landlord share same gate.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Nabajiz: 10:30pm On Nov 26, 2020
your friends are not allowed to visit you
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by apple30(f): 10:31pm On Nov 26, 2020
grin grin grin
SmartPolician:
After paying legal fee, speaking with my Next of Kin and seeing my guarantor in person, Mine asked me, "Are you having sex with your girlfriend?"

Landladies are horrible people
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by sonnie10: 10:31pm On Nov 26, 2020
God bless Baba, thou I called him Daddy.
He said, son I want you to be financially stable before you are 30.
He said I will teach you how to invest in stocks and you must show me that you are investing.

Those rules helped kept me committed to investing.

Those days, stock brokers would be very selective in choosing their clients. They didn’t want just anybody’s business.
Baba took me to his personal broker and signed as a guarantor.
That was how I started building my portfolio.
God bless Baba’s soul as he rests on .

77 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by enemyofprogress: 10:32pm On Nov 26, 2020
Myself and my babe must not moan or scream out loud while making love

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by tigoba: 10:32pm On Nov 26, 2020
My landlord said they don't allow air conditioners n the house.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by KingMack(m): 10:33pm On Nov 26, 2020
She said NO FEMALE FRIENDS!!!!!!!!

Trust me nah after a month of living in that new area and been in that state for the first time... AS WOMEN BEGIN SHOW LIKE BET NAIJA OFFICE..She jus open her smelly mouth say Bros You're blessed amongst womengrin I replied AMEN!!

THE REST NA HISTORYgrin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by BabaIbo: 10:33pm On Nov 26, 2020
That I must inform him before a friend sleepover at my place(this one happened when I was in school), me and his son box ourselves when the son's wife wan dey misbehave and the son was talking carelessly.

The other one said that I must inform him before a friend visit me(this one happened in Lagos)... Me and this one box ourselves las las because na young guy(na im mama get am). Infact na beat I beat am cheesy

13 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by philo04(m): 10:34pm On Nov 26, 2020
debbydams:
No male nd female friends allowed to visit, I must be in my room by 7pm.. I spent one week nd i.packed out 0..my friends came to help me with light nd dx man � embarrassed them I moved out that day with d money I paid.. The one I collected next, I must wake up by 5am to sweep, only one bf is allowed nd i.will introduce him to.. I must not cook inside my perishable (tomatoes, pepper, onions) must be in my room.. Food cabinet. Is not allowed inside d room, after 8pm d gate must b locked.. My bf must buy landlrd gift whenever he comes to visit.. My experience as a student in kwara state.
Biko where in kwara cos am also in kwara ....tho a landlord
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by enemyofprogress: 10:34pm On Nov 26, 2020
Ytea:
I'm coming..
I never put am inside now and you don dey come. Na wa for you o

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Nyanabo(m): 10:35pm On Nov 26, 2020
Oin grin
My Landlord said every month end I must bring my water bill to him so he would go and pay by himself simply because he doesn't trust nigerians oh i have forgotten most of the agreement cause they were in spanish. grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by elijahozzy(m): 10:37pm On Nov 26, 2020
enemyofprogress:
Myself and my babe must not moan or scream out loud while making love

This one loud oooo ah ah!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Dellorex(m): 10:38pm On Nov 26, 2020
Don't use fan, iron and electric cooker,l etc, but charge phone and make use of light only.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by khen10: 10:39pm On Nov 26, 2020
tiffanyfan:
He said gen is not allowed in his house, and no one dares to flaunt that rule.
"Flout that rule"

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Pls Urgent Response Needed, How Much Will It Cost To Build House Like This(pics / Ifeanyi Ubah's Games Village In Nnewi In 4D (Pix) / Japa: Canada Bans Foreigners Others From Buying Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.