Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? (55866 Views)

Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment / 31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlord/Lady Has Ever Given You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by CaseSensitive(m): 10:43pm On Nov 26, 2020
"Don't pluck from the cashew tree in front of the house without informing me"

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by GBTYO: 10:44pm On Nov 26, 2020
Back when I was young and dirt poor .Told me no satellite dish

As if I fit afford am or get time to dey watch TV.

So happens landladet was a Conc deeper life member.

Most misreably time of my life.

House had this stagnant and depressing feeling even though it was newly built and very spacious 2 bedroom.

Lived extremely Spartan and didn't buy a thing apart from a mattress, rug, fan and a fridge which was never on and always empty.

Never any power supply when I was home.

Only good thing was she let me come and go as I please so used to be out by 5am and back by 1 or 2 am.

Moved out less than a year.

As some have pointed, never rent a house where the landlady or landlord is staying

Not worth it.

13 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Sakobaba(m): 10:44pm On Nov 26, 2020
Living in a house where there is no landlord/landlady is the best

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Omolomo4eva(m): 10:46pm On Nov 26, 2020
As a bachelor, only doggy style is allowed....cant just laff

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by debbydams(f): 10:46pm On Nov 26, 2020
philo04:
Biko where in kwara cos am also in kwara ....tho a landlord
offa 2013 2014
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by iamjack0812(m): 10:46pm On Nov 26, 2020
Lol....see hilarious comments above me
Well mine was around Lady Lag and the Landlord told me then that generator set is not allowed coz he rebuilt the house after it was burnt down by one generator.
I asked him if there is no NEPA what will I do he said is left for me to decide o.
And the most funniest thing that day was that I saw other tenants sitting outside with their hand fans of diff shapes and color.
Then I remembered the legendary song of Baba Fela "SUFFERING AND SMILLING".

*Next person below me abeg*

17 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Richfarmer(m): 10:47pm On Nov 26, 2020
Am on my kneels right now, i want you all to do me just one favour. this guy has really tried for us, please lets go all out and donate to help okafor200 . He made us laugh! Truly only a man from the east can save us.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Salutem(m): 10:47pm On Nov 26, 2020
majamajic:
I should pay nepa light bill for a full year grin grin grin

After first month of packing in , he came to collect the light bill , I gave him for what we agreed for a month , he said no , I should times it by 12

grin grin

I said why , he said if it's not ok with me I should pack out and come back to collect my balance if he rent the house grin grin grin

That's minus agent, agreement , caution fees , and one month rent

grin grin grin

I frooze like Titus fish , u need see how we later settle this matter

lol..... how
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by enemyofprogress: 10:47pm On Nov 26, 2020
Earthstorms:

The wife was actually young looking for someone with such a grown up daughter.

I later realised that the man is an easy going man.

But I kept off the daughter and the wife.
you kept off because they were boat having mouth and body odours

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by SmartPolician: 10:48pm On Nov 26, 2020
apple30:
grin grin grin

I didn't find it funny because I was embarrassed.

I nearly walked away, but my agent kept calming me down and finally talked me into moving into the house because she didn't live with us in the same compound.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Shopatcandice(f): 10:49pm On Nov 26, 2020
collinsuchendu:
grin Could you imagine that my landlady had the guts to tell me that I should make sure I always satisfy her first daughter else she will send me packing. Lol.. funny but true.

Well, that's the effects of living in a coded oloshos compound.

The dude below what do you have to say?

Hahahahahaha funny
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Dizzyrascal(m): 10:50pm On Nov 26, 2020
You cannot use you generator in my compound
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by 99thEnemy(m): 10:52pm On Nov 26, 2020
Sameazy15:
Me, no female friends visiting
WTF
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Dizzyrascal(m): 10:52pm On Nov 26, 2020
collinsuchendu:
grin Could you imagine that my landlady had the guts to tell me that I should make sure I always satisfy her first daughter else she will send me packing. Lol.. funny but true.

shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by mkpurumma090(f): 10:53pm On Nov 26, 2020
What a funny house owners..... cheesy cheesy

Homeboiy:
My landlady will even encourage us to be bringing in fine girls.

She will hail me anytime she sees me with a new girl

My late landlord told us the tenants that since we have decided to be changing women like wrapper

That he’s making an offer to us

The first guy to pregnant a girl in his compound and gives birth to a boy , he will give the person 1 year free rent, if it’s a baby girl 6 months free rent.

None of us fell for the trick cos we knew he’s trying to hook us with one girl.

Gate locks by 9 pm

Sometimes I come home by 3am and I will jump the short fence, vigilantes from a far distance will always see me cos of street lights in front of our gate.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by FuckHomophobes: 10:54pm On Nov 26, 2020
Don't repaint the walls of the room else you'll pay for damages.

Don't turn on the lights from 6am - 6pm :-

Left the goddam place sha

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Dizzyrascal(m): 10:54pm On Nov 26, 2020
Greystone:

So if Nepa takes light, u all sit in darkness?

Or did ur landlord provide Mikano gen for the compound?
you would be surprised! Same rule applies in my compound....we are packing out soon
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by snowball11(m): 10:56pm On Nov 26, 2020
During my undergraduate days, I once stayed at an off campus hostel where the landlady frowns at girls putting on trousers around the lodge. The girls living within the lodge will always tie wrapper to cover their trouser whenever they are leaving the lodge and removed it once they are out of the lodge. For male occupant living in the lodge,....the only way your female friends visiting would gain access into the hostel; was that you have to provide her with a wrapper to cover her trouser if she's putting on a trouser. grin

Very weird landlady! undecided

7 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Abdulsaddiq: 10:56pm On Nov 26, 2020
I be landlord, and you will report you all to landlord association meeting ✌️

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by BarrElChapo(m): 10:57pm On Nov 26, 2020
Destiny helper 101 smiley hope you're doing better still

sonnie10:
God bless Baba, thou I called him Daddy.
He said, son I want you to be financially stable before you are 30.
He said I will teach you how to invest in stocks and you must show me that you are investing.

Those rules helped kept me committed to investing.

Thise days, stock brokers would be very selective in choosing their clients. They didn’t want just anybody’s business.
Baba took me to his personal broker and signed as a guarantor.
That was how I started building my portfolio.
God bless Baba’s soul as he rests on .

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Dizzyrascal(m): 10:57pm On Nov 26, 2020
Karleb:
Mama was angry I brought someone into my room without informing her.

Rule of thumb; don't stay with your landlord/lady.
exactly
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by BarrElChapo(m): 10:57pm On Nov 26, 2020
tigoba:
My landlord said they don't allow air conditioners n the house.

Madness !
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Abeyjide: 10:58pm On Nov 26, 2020
This is just a Neighbour of ours. he told all his tenant that they should not celebrate or merry in the house. should not play music but my friend deck can blow away roof. one of the tenant held a naming ceremony in another person' compound.

11 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by goodvision12(m): 10:59pm On Nov 26, 2020
my landlady said i must pay 5000 naira for prepaid meter every month.That woman is exploiting me so i told her to remove my light.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by debbydams(f): 10:59pm On Nov 26, 2020
philo04:
Biko where in kwara cos am also in kwara ....tho a landlord
offa 2013 2014
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by BaddaMan: 10:59pm On Nov 26, 2020
Gate closes at 10pm
Nah Yahoo boy Dey on gen all the time meanwhile this area they still share light 1 day off 2 days on even the day on sef Na grace we Dey take get light, put your dustbin in your flat no Dustbin outside. I’ll never in my life dare rent a house with landlord staying there. This man legitimately have shitty attitude. Always counting the shoes and slippers at your doorstep. He only have access to the pumping machine no other person can pump. The house don tire me I swear. Landlord and Landlady acts like psycho.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by 99thEnemy(m): 11:02pm On Nov 26, 2020
clevybrown:
Back then in University days, a portharcourt landlord, an Ikwere man to be precise,once told me that non of my friends are permitted to pass the night in my room except I will have to pay him extra if that must happen and also that he will be the one to approve the kind of friends that will come to his compound to visit me and that anyone he doesn't approve must stop visiting grin grin grin grin
Probably afraid of portharcourt baggers
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by HitlerGaddafi: 11:03pm On Nov 26, 2020
stacyadams:
grin grin grin. I Neva met my landlords b4 ,they all ran away to Yankee and handed their houses to caretakers, , care takers no send us.
If u lik be carrying olosho aiii day..

I kip getting igbo smoking neighbors angry grin
Exactly, avoid renting houses which the landlord also live in the same compound. You go see fire. . But those houses wey landlord dey abroad or no dey live for the compound wey na caretaker dey overlook am, na those kind houses dey sweet pass.

13 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by kutchs: 11:04pm On Nov 26, 2020
Landlord told me not to get water from the well in the house, said it was just for his family and his flowers.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by sonnie10: 11:04pm On Nov 26, 2020
BarrElChapo:
Destiny helper 101 smiley hope you're doing better still

This year alone, from capital gain in stocks ($ buying Covid shorts) , I fit fence my whole village.

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by geezyk(m): 11:05pm On Nov 26, 2020
Imagine na so so landlady I dey see since, just few landlords, Men came to this world to hustle for their wives and kids then die off the face of the planet.

As a man enjoy life while you still can, cos wahala no dey finish.

26 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Missyajoke(f): 11:06pm On Nov 26, 2020
collinsuchendu:

LAN ( Liars association of Nigeria )

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Pls Urgent Response Needed, How Much Will It Cost To Build House Like This(pics / Ifeanyi Ubah's Games Village In Nnewi In 4D (Pix) / Japa: Canada Bans Foreigners Others From Buying Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.