Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? (55884 Views)

Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment / 31-Year-Old Landlady: 'I Built This House With My Money, Not With My Body' / What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlord/Lady Has Ever Given You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Tissyjay(f): 11:37pm On Nov 26, 2020
Tenants don suffer ooo especially for Lagos

My landlady let out all the rooms and shops in her inherited one story building and decided to use wood to carve a room under the stair case to sleep OMG and this woman was on a very huge size, I wonder how she sleeps in that cubicle.

Here comes her rules

You must walk gently on the stairs if you run or jump peren. She go swear for dat person entire generation.

While fetching water you must not mistakenly pour water along the corridor not to talk of the staircase.

You must not wash cloth upstairs

No flushing of condoms

You can’t spread cloth while she’s about to wash cloth nah inside gutter you go meet ur cloth.

Lots of rules from that woman
Thank God we left already

20 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by RPG2020(m): 11:37pm On Nov 26, 2020
Biglittlelois:
Only stove is allowed, anything gas is prohibited,

She actually came to my house to tell me that, I laughed and sternly told her it's not possible, I don't know how to use stove cos I was not brought up with it, told her not to worry I'll be careful with it, that stove can also burn down the house if that's what she's scared of,

She walked out of my place embarrassed.

Who is your daddy? Before i talk wetin dey my mind
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by tiffanyfan(f): 11:41pm On Nov 26, 2020
[quote author=sugarbeesmith post=96482544]We had the best land lord and land lady back then. They both had beautiful daughters and handsome sons .( Same age as ours) we were the only tenants tho at a 3 bedroom while they occupied the 4 bedroom upstairs..they were Muslims while we were Christians.we all lived like one big happy family.no rules .we all got admission to the uni same period. In was really a big family..we dey celebrate sallah n Xmas together..
We moved out after 3 years to the next street .same landlord advised our dad to buy a land around and build .now living in a duplex behind our now ex landlord n lady....till today we still visit each other .parents to parents , children to children....there are still good people Sha.[/quote

There are tenants like family and some landlord/landlady like family too.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by sonnie10: 11:42pm On Nov 26, 2020
BarrElChapo:

Wow... that's great oo... pls come and guide me too.. I wan use money collect kingship for my village too grin
https://www.nairaland.com/5669161/us-stocks-pick-alert/180

Read this post from begining to end. Don't just read, but act.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by philo04(m): 11:44pm On Nov 26, 2020
debbydams:
offa 2013 2014
okay are you still in ilorin
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Emmatitang10(m): 11:46pm On Nov 26, 2020
The worst I've ever encountered, she actually told me and my brother then that when we bath our water must not touch the walls of the bathroom, mehn, it was crazy... This woman actually goes to check the bathroom everytime any of us finish bathing! That's just one o, another one is if you're playing music in your room and she 'feels' it's too loud, she knocks your door, no matter what time it is for you to put off or reduce the volume of the gbedu to the minimum.. so many others mehn, thank God for His upgraded version of us now! Chai.. poverty na bastard! The house na face me I slap you... Lmao
Sameazy15:
Me, no female friends visiting

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by ssjosephandlucy(f): 11:49pm On Nov 26, 2020
He said that I cannot park my car for more than 48 hours without moving it...

When I'm on annual leave, I park my car for ages and there is nothing he can do. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 11:49pm On Nov 26, 2020
None
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by sugarbeesmith(m): 11:51pm On Nov 26, 2020
[quote author=tiffanyfan post=96482619][/quote]. We had the best .it was painful moving out tho .till now we dey visit each other... beautiful family .lol.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Rextizzle(m): 11:54pm On Nov 26, 2020
tiffanyfan:

Your house
You too know's that ain't my place, what about you come to my house let me spoil u grin
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Rextizzle(m): 11:56pm On Nov 26, 2020
99thEnemy:

Your WiFi has spoilt, now you want to connect direct via USB baa? grin grin grin grin

Tiffanyfan , please reason with him and let him connect on ur USB port, I can see you have data he likes grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
That chief winch?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Rextizzle(m): 11:56pm On Nov 26, 2020
tiffanyfan:

That male witch? undecided
angry
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by chocboi78(m): 11:58pm On Nov 26, 2020
Lol..my landlady doesn't have a single problem..
She ckecks up on me like her son..
The children run errands for me gladly and do it..
Am not even allowed to wash the bathroom and whenever I travel, my room is always secured...

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Rextizzle(m): 11:59pm On Nov 26, 2020
debbydams:
No male nd female friends allowed to visit, I must be in my room by 7pm.. I spent one week nd i.packed out 0..my friends came to help me with light nd dx man � embarrassed them I moved out that day with d money I paid.. The one I collected next, I must wake up by 5am to sweep, only one bf is allowed nd i.will introduce him to.. I must not cook inside my perishable (tomatoes, pepper, onions) must be in my room.. Food cabinet. Is not allowed inside d room, after 8pm d gate must b locked.. My bf must buy landlrd gift whenever he comes to visit.. My experience as a student in kwara state.
This Ur lie tie wrapper cheesy
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Diamondplus1805(m): 11:59pm On Nov 26, 2020
A completely New Constitution, everything that massage the Ego
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Rextizzle(m): 12:03am On Nov 27, 2020
themainman600:
hmm....You too like woman
Who no like woman

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by AceRoyal: 12:05am On Nov 27, 2020
healthern:

Thanks sir. Yes please, I do
Drop your account details
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by McCoded007(m): 12:06am On Nov 27, 2020
Only 1 car is allowed per flat grin
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by enemyofprogress: 12:09am On Nov 27, 2020
healthern:
I am hungry ... hunger dey fire me.
you don fok?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by posty56: 12:11am On Nov 27, 2020
sonnie10:
God bless Baba, thou I called him Daddy.
He said, son I want you to be financially stable before you are 30.
He said I will teach you how to invest in stocks and you must show me that you are investing.

Those rules helped kept me committed to investing.

Those days, stock brokers would be very selective in choosing their clients. They didn’t want just anybody’s business.
Baba took me to his personal broker and signed as a guarantor.
That was how I started building my portfolio.
God bless Baba’s soul as he rests on .
baba link me to one stock Broker na, make I send u pm?
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Moorfy: 12:16am On Nov 27, 2020
Is like no Benin experience here haha. Note all houses in Benin are common with land ladies. Each tenant in face me I slap you house will have to sweep and mop the corridor per week. Whether old man na you Sabi ooo
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by OlujobaSamuel: 12:20am On Nov 27, 2020
My landlords (land lady's daughter, Ogun worshiper and a pastor) have never given me any problem.
I even gave the Ogun worshiper a bottle of wine when I was leaving (sch) as a thank you gift.
My current landlord, a pastor, he is more like a father. The man address me with utmost respect, him and his wife sometimes greets me and wife using sir or ma, and I sometimes feel embarrassed as I'm within age range with his children.
None of the 3 gave me any rules to live with, I wasn't even disturbed for rent due, probably because I don't owe myself and I pay my bills as due.
Rules my dad gave to his tenants; don't sleep in shop, no marijuana smoking, don't sell what another tenant within your block is selling to avoid malicious competition.

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by Jeffrey1243: 12:26am On Nov 27, 2020
Are you online but bored?
Looking to be entertained?
Want to enjoy the Latest trends�, memes �, sports, facts and history✅ scary posts and lots more?
All you need to do is to is join 9ja Gist TV � by clicking on the link below
https:///message/WI7UKNLYFKNNK1

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by One4me: 12:30am On Nov 27, 2020
hashtagged:
Don't wash clothes inside the house, I wonder if she could come inside my house and stop me

I am sure when she hears and sees soapy wash water pouring out of your inside, she wont know you just did exactly that.
Some of you think you are the only smart ones around when infact, you ain't half as smart as you think you are.

Depending on the kind of house, it may not be appropriate to wash clothes inside or pour the wash water from inside.
Let me give you an example: House uses Bio-Digester System. Tenants wash Clothes and pour it inside the WC.
This destroys the bacteria inside the Bio-Digester and destroys the system.

Now, would a Landlady be wrong to ask a Tenant not to wash inside or pour Soapy water into the WC system in this instance?

Absolutely not! So, what you should have done is try to seek an understanding with your Landlady, on why she imposed such restriction. instead of trying to outsmart her.
Las las, she will send your sorry ass packing. undecided undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by healthern: 12:34am On Nov 27, 2020
AceRoyal:

Drop your account details

... cry Thanks sir 014....8.04...38...49 GTB

Peace and Blessings to you

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by One4me: 12:37am On Nov 27, 2020
Biglittlelois:
Only stove is allowed, anything gas is prohibited,

She actually came to my house to tell me that, I laughed and sternly told her it's not possible, I don't know how to use stove cos I was not brought up with it, told her not to worry I'll be careful with it, that stove can also burn down the house if that's what she's scared of,

She walked out of my place embarrassed.

Its not your house, you are just a bloody Tenant! undecided grin
How can she walked out of her house and be embarrassed? Some of you are jokers. grin
Gas is more flammable than Kerosine and some houses dont have enough space to store the Gas Cylinder, far away enough from the Kitchen.
In such situation, she is absolutely right to say the house is not equipped to deal with using gas.

She might just be saving your life and that of your family members afterall, many, many stubborn ones like you have 'gone with the gas'.

But l blame some House owners, why would you wait till a tenant moves-in, before stating all your Do's and Don'ts? All these should be part of a well-crafted Rent Agreement, properly signed and executed so that if a tenant goes against it, they are out as fast as they came in.
If they cant leave with your rules, they should go elsewhere to look for another house or build their own, its that simple.
My House, My Rules. You disobey, You leave.

8 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by toscolee(m): 12:39am On Nov 27, 2020
No female visitors allowed.
No one should squat with me.
She's a widow, over 60, my next door neighbour.
She no mind action, but I no gree lai lai.
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by One4me: 12:46am On Nov 27, 2020
hapheey007:
Generators were not allowed overnight, it has to be off latest by 12midnight. Fast forward to a year the landlady's son brought his wife and newborn twins home from the States. They (landlady and son) were now putting on gen overnight. As if the tenants did meeting, they just started using theirs too overnight one by one (what's good for the goose is good for the gander). When they left, people refused to go back to that yeye rule.

Absolutely!
You have to live by example, if you want people to respect you
But how would you people sleep overnight, when all the Generators are in full action?
Your Landlord must be old School otherwise, he should have told all of you to install Inverters that would at least cater for the Fan working overnight, or maybe add TV, if the capacity is enough. I would eject any tenant that breaks such law, from my house, one-by-one, you will all leave.

I wont ever allow any tenant to run generator overnight in my own house, it is even a safety hazard because with the noise, you dont hear anything.
I also dont run generator overnight myself but l have a DC Inverter that is enough to power all basic amenities for two days and l do encourage my Tenants to install inverters, l am even willing to subsidize and assist them with it.
I just wont be able to sleep in such a noisy environement.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by One4me: 12:48am On Nov 27, 2020
Greystone:

Wait oh...

So if Nepa takes light, u all sit in darkness?

Or did ur landlord provide Mikano gen for the compound?

You use DC Inverters at night and if you are not happy, you leave.
Landlords are of different shades. undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by sonnie10: 12:48am On Nov 27, 2020
posty56:
baba link me to one stock Broker na, make I send u pm?
Lol. What I said was years ago when stock trading was somehow exclusive.
Now anybody can do it from the comfort of their home, online.
There are a few fintech platforms used in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by One4me: 12:50am On Nov 27, 2020
descarado:

Sometimes I don't blame these people. Once they are convinced you know what you are doing, they will let you be.
A tenant burned down one of my houses. From the roof was razed down.

And how many years did he spend in prison for Arson?

I wont hear it is a mistake o. undecided undecided
Re: What Is The Weirdest Rule A Landlady/Landlord Has Ever Given You? by One4me: 12:58am On Nov 27, 2020
Alonso80:
1. Landlady said I shouldn’t wash inside the house and if I do should come downstairs to pour the water outside.

2. Crazy woman was always paranoid anytime I had visitor(s) over. Complaining about her soak away getting full.

[b]3. Another would always shut the gate by 7pm and I was always breaking and replacing the padlocks.

Word of advise: Never stay in the same house with a landlady especially if she’s single. [/b]

7pm is too early to lock the Gate for the night, it should be around 10:30pm or 11pm at the maximum.
Moreover, if you work late, you could arrange to have a copy of the key to the gate so you can quietly let yourself in.
Some of you think your chicken Change House rent is so important and makes you the House owner, l laugh in Chinese. grin grin

If any tenant destroys my property as you stated above, he will be out faster than he can imagine and he will pay dearly for such damage.
I love my Tenants and would do anything to assist them but God help me if l meet one like your type (I am sure it wont even happen because l screen Tenants properly before agreeing to rent to them and my agreements is tight enough to put you out at the minimum time), l will show you real pepper.
We never leave my gate open, it is always locked and every tenant has a Key to let themselves in but by 11pm, that offer ends, it is DOUBLE-locked for the night. If you cant be home by 11pm, please stay wherever you are and come back by 6am next morning, you wont die for not sleeping on your bed for one night but it might just save your life. The safety of my tenants concerns me as my own safety.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Pls Urgent Response Needed, How Much Will It Cost To Build House Like This(pics / Ifeanyi Ubah's Games Village In Nnewi In 4D (Pix) / Japa: Canada Bans Foreigners Others From Buying Houses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.