Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,127 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? (2512 Views)

Man Dumps His 29-year-old Fiancée For Demanding An Expensive Wedding / Why Do Girls Insist On Being Friends When A Guy Does Not? / Why Do Virgin Girls Insist They Can't Marry A Virgin Boy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by Nazgul: 1:23pm On Nov 25, 2020
Hello everyone...

Just decided to Share this here...

There's this guy in my office (a colleague) he's been in love with a girl for quite some time now. In fact they were supposed to get married this year but due to the covid 19 Lock down and how cash suddenly vanished from everyone's account, he and the girl in question decided to postpone the marriage till Easter period next year. (March/April)

The guy in question says he wants a low key wedding which is understandable, no thanks to the high inflation rate of food and other commodities, but this his babe wouldn't want to hear such.

He was just telling us now that his babe is saying her friends would be coming from PH (she schooled in uniport) and she intends to do something presentable. That one of her friends who wedded earlier in the year, her wedding was the talk of the Town. And she wants theirs to be just like that.

From what he was explaining, the girl in question is just interested in having an expensive wedding just to show off to her friends not minding what it would cause her supposed husband...very selfish of her if you ask me.

I just asked him to talk to her about it...cos I was very careful so I won't say anything that I would be blamed for later in the future.

Ladies should understand the current situation in the country, if you want an expensive wedding please show commitment by contributing to it. If you don't have the finance for it please manage the one your guy is working towards.

There's more to marriage than a one day wedding...the guy even told us that if she continues to insists he'll just call the whole thing off. I just calmed him down and advised him to talk to her about it.

What do you all think?

Cc Lalasticlala, mynd44, Dominique

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by Olunmercy56(f): 1:25pm On Nov 25, 2020
Different ladies with different thinking, not all ladies. The guy must not eat more than he can chew. He should not start what he can't continue in future. Wedding is just a day, marriage is forever, let her spend the expenses, the guy should not be mumu lipsrsealed

Nobody is interested in costly wedding, they are waiting for how long you will both last undecided.

There are many things to invest in after the wedding. Thank God I hate anything crowd, my wedding guests must not be more than 10 cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by Bornsinner7: 1:29pm On Nov 25, 2020
Marriage is the new female champions league

It's a big competition..

-Amaka own been loud, if you see her wedding gown, her husband get money oh..
Make we see how Bisi own go be, you know say she dey like do her things in a big way-

14 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by Nazgul: 1:30pm On Nov 25, 2020
Olunmercy56:
Different ladies with different thinking, not all ladies
True...not all ladies but most tho.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by Nazgul: 1:31pm On Nov 25, 2020
Bornsinner7:
Marriage is the new female champions league

It's a big competition..

So they'll prefer to loose a prospective husband simply because he told them he can't or wouldn't shoulder the expenses of and expensive wedding? That's weird if you ask me.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by Bornsinner7: 1:33pm On Nov 25, 2020
Nazgul:

So they'll prefer to loose a prospective husband simply because he told them he can't or wouldn't shoulder the expenses of and expensive wedding? That's weird if you ask me.
You never know naija babes

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by Nazgul: 1:35pm On Nov 25, 2020
Bornsinner7:
You never know naija babes
That's a very shallow way of reasoning

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by Bola146(f): 1:35pm On Nov 25, 2020
grin Most ladies are now wiser unless she is still young or her parents are rich. A man should know how to manage his family likewise the lady, no more useless spending, many ladies are now investing their money into good businesses. That is why I don't have any female friends that will push me into dead trap, I can use my number six wella, I love my privacy. There are many things to use money do after the wedding, I can't let hunger kill me because of one day program grin grin

14 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by Bornsinner7: 1:41pm On Nov 25, 2020
Nazgul:

That's a very shallow way of reasoning
What do you expect?? 99% of the wedding expenses is covered by the dude

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by MrTAnonymous(m): 1:42pm On Nov 25, 2020
If she insist on an expensive wedding then she should be the one to finance the wedding since she doesn't want to be considerate.
I am sure the lady has nothing upstairs, no wonder cases of divorce keeps skyrocketing nowadays.

Incase you don't know na me talk

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by Bola146(f): 1:48pm On Nov 25, 2020
MrTAnonymous:
If she insist on an expensive wedding then she should be the one to finance the wedding since she doesn't want to be considerate.
I am sure the lady has nothing upstairs, no wonder cases of divorce keeps skyrocketing nowadays.

Incase you don't know na me talk

Exactly, let her do the funding cheesy cheesy but will she be the one feeding the family forever Some ladies no get sense at all sad The guy should think twice before doing anything

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by ValCon888: 1:51pm On Nov 25, 2020
Because they want all their friends and family to know the scam has paid off.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by Chenko001(m): 1:55pm On Nov 25, 2020
After Wedding na fight straight. Dem think say marriage na easy commitment? Better save the money and spend to your capacity because you go still need the remaining later

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by frozen70(f): 2:02pm On Nov 25, 2020
Nazgul:
Hello everyone...

There's this guy in my office (a colleague) he's been in love with a girl for quite some time now. In fact they were supposed to get married this yet but due to the covid 19 Lock down and how cash suddenly vanished from everyone's account, he and the girl in question decided to postpone the marriage till Easter period next year. (March/April)

The guy in question says he wants a low key wedding which is understandable, no thanks to the high inflation rate of food and other commodities, but this his babe wouldn't want to hear such.

He was just telling us now that his babe is saying her friends would be coming from PH (she schooled in uniport) and she intends to do something presentable. That one of her friends who wedded earlier in the year, her wedding was the talk of the Town. And she wants theirs to be just like that.

From what he was explaining, the girl in question is just interested in having an expensive wedding just to show off to her friends not minding what it would cause her supposed husband...very selfish of her if you ask me.

I just asked him to talk to her about it...cos I was very careful so I won't say anything that I would be blamed for later in the future.

Ladies should understand the current situation in the country, if you want an expensive wedding please show commitment by contributing to it. If you don't have the finance for it please manage the one your guy is working towards.

There's more to marriage than a one day wedding...the guy even told us that if she continues to insists he'll just call the whole thing off. I just calmed him down and advised him to talk to her about it.

What do you all think?

Am not against an expensive wedding so far she will be the one to sponsor it

If the guy can not let her know his budget then he will have a bigger problem setting his family

He can as well go and and start having kids until she is ready for wedding carnival

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by 2dice01: 2:03pm On Nov 25, 2020
Peer Pressure
My wedding will be the Best amongst my friends infact in my family

That is why most marry someone that is ready not someone they love

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by Harshreality: 2:39pm On Nov 25, 2020
Empathy
Understanding
Intelligence

If the person you want to tie yourself to forever lacks these qualities then only God knows what you're marrying.

Marriage is not just about boobs and ass or six packs and money.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by virginprincess(f): 3:00pm On Nov 25, 2020
if the guy is capable of sponsoring a big wedding, then he should do it the way the lady want it, but if he is not capable enough, then the lady should try and be considerate, let them manage to do it anyway they can.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by Nazgul: 3:00pm On Nov 25, 2020
2dice01:
Peer Pressure
My wedding will be the Best amongst my friends infact in my family

That is why most marry someone that is ready not someone they love
To what end...I've been opportuned to attend a couple of weddings. The harsh reality is that after a week people forget all about how Behind your wedding was and move on with their lives.

So why put a man through hell just to brag...

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by Nazgul: 3:03pm On Nov 25, 2020
frozen70:

Am not against an expensive wedding so far she will be the one to sponsor it

If the guy can not let her know his budget then he will have a bigger problem setting his family

He can as well go and and start having kids until she is ready for wedding carnival
Exactly...I'll tell him this...he should just impregnate her and ask her to move in. By the time she remembers marriage again she would be nursing about 3 kids...sense will not kill you. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by Nazgul: 3:05pm On Nov 25, 2020
virginprincess:
if the guy is capable of sponsoring a big wedding, then he should do it the way the lady want it, but if he is not capable enough, then the lady should try and be considerate, let them manage to do it anyway they can.
The problem is that he isn't capable and the lady has refused to be considerate and she isn't ready to support with even a penny...that's terrible if you ask me.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 25, 2020
Nazgul:
Hello everyone...

There's this guy in my office (a colleague) he's been in love with a girl for quite some time now. In fact they were supposed to get married this yet but due to the covid 19 Lock down and how cash suddenly vanished from everyone's account, he and the girl in question decided to postpone the marriage till Easter period next year. (March/April)

What do you all think?
They should reach an agreement and separate if that's not obtainable. AGREEMENT

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by Nazgul: 3:19pm On Nov 25, 2020
Zzor:
They should reach an agreement and separate if that's not obtainable. AGREEMENT
Hmmmm...it's not as easy as that. The guy in question brought up the issue of canceling the entire wedding if she wouldn't shift grounds, but the girl isn't ready for any form of cancellation...she keeps uploading pre-wedding pics on social media and tagging everyone along reminding them of the date.

So such a person wouldn't consent to any form of agreement that wouldn't be beneficial to her unless the guy breaks off the whole stuff, then she'll cry like most ladies do and form victim.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by virginprincess(f): 3:19pm On Nov 25, 2020
Nazgul:

The problem is that he isn't capable and the lady has refused to be considerate and she isn't ready to support with even a penny...that's terrible if you ask me.
Hmmm the matter hard o, but i think what the lady is asking for is a normal wedding celebration, but the guy want to do it in a very small way, seriously it difficult to see a girl that will agree to a low key wedding, moderate wedding is the best.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 25, 2020
virginprincess:
Hmmm the matter hard o, but i think what the lady is asking for is a normal wedding celebration, but the guy want to do it in a very small way, seriously it difficult to see a girl that will agree to a low key wedding, moderate wedding is the best.
i think they should both agree on the moderate wedding considering his financial status

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by 2dice01: 3:25pm On Nov 25, 2020
Nazgul:

To what end...I've been opportuned to attend a couple of weddings. The harsh reality is that after a week people forget all about how Behind your wedding was and move on with their lives.

[b]So why put a man through hell just to brag[b] ...
Cus most don't really care about you
Their needs first before anybody

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by Nazgul: 3:28pm On Nov 25, 2020
virginprincess:
It's true...but up till now I don't know why ladies fancy colourful weddings. If the guy is the one paying for it then it's wise to allow him decide how he wants it.

If she wants certain side attractions, she can add her own widow's mite... regardless of how small the guy would oblige and consider doing it her way...that's what I feel

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by virginprincess(f): 3:29pm On Nov 25, 2020
Zzor:
i think they should both agree on the moderate wedding considering his financial status
Exactly my point.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by AfroKnight: 3:32pm On Nov 25, 2020
Why wouldn’t she be talking nonsense? She’s not spending her money on the wedding. That’s why she has the nerve to impose ideas on how to spend another person’s funds.

I pity the groom. After the wedding, he will find out the danger of marrying a woman who lives her life just to impress/intimidate other people.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by Nazgul: 3:33pm On Nov 25, 2020
2dice01:
Cus most don't really care about you
Their needs first before anybody
Honestly that's the truth...I do pity most men.

This generation isn't fair to men. Imagine trying to beg a girl to accept the kind of wedding you want. And she's objecting telling you that you must agree to do it exactly the way she wants it without even supporting you with a dime.

Well I like myself sha. If I don't have the resources for the kind of wedding you want and you're refusing to do it my way, my dear Waka pass...I can't come and go and kill myself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by virginprincess(f): 3:36pm On Nov 25, 2020
Nazgul:

It's true...but up till now I don't know why ladies fancy colourful weddings. If the guy is the one paying for it then it's wise to allow him decide how he wants it.

If she wants certain side attractions, she can add her own widow's mite... regardless of how small the guy would oblige and consider doing it her way...that's what I feel
True, but all women are not same.
Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by Nazgul: 3:40pm On Nov 25, 2020
virginprincess:
True, but all women are not same.
Obviously...we have the good, the bad and the ugly.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Girls Insist On An Expensive Wedding? by 2dice01: 4:00pm On Nov 25, 2020
Nazgul:

Honestly that's the truth...I do pity most men.

This generation isn't fair to men. Imagine trying to beg a girl to accept the kind of wedding you want. And she's objecting telling you that you must agree to do it exactly the way she wants it without even supporting you with a dime .

Well I like myself sha. If I don't have the resources for the kind of wedding you want and you're refusing to do it my way, my dear Waka pass...I can't come and go and kill myself.
Babymama Pro max
Loading everywhere cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Learn Spamming The Right Way / Pls Help, It's A Secondary School Girl That Wants To Snatch My Husband From Me / Best Way To Escalate Your Vibes With Women To Fvck!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.