Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp (57539 Views)

20-year-old UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Lending ‘online Lover’ N500k / Adigun Olawale Emmanuel, UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide (Photos) / ABU Fresh Graduate Dies In Accident, Hours After Posting 'Am Coming Home' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by edoairways: 8:23am On Nov 26, 2020
Dreamliner787:
If only ASUU was not on strike and school had resumed he might have escaped commiting suicide
He would have still committed suicide
Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by Bobyro: 8:24am On Nov 26, 2020
Damn I knew this guy.

1 Like

Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 26, 2020
Tony142:

Brave? U most be high on drugs
smiley My ideas and philosophy about death is quite different. Death is the end of everything here on earth... We are all gonna die some day...How and when is what we don't know.... He was brave to make his end come quicker.
Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by Baiser(m): 8:24am On Nov 26, 2020
2cribz:
So many tins don make ne wan commit suicide but i no fit,as long as i top up my ntn data,1 cliwnt must pay put. He is a stupid guy,im aure hez one of tbose fools that went to school to do fashion show and forgot himself fool. Theres notbing in naija uni to be proud of,do youe time,graj and fuc k out. No. Na big boy,big gal,off k life,i wan drive car,i wan go mall,see wetin end am he was def living above his means finish.

You are just an animal
Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 26, 2020
Amos1423:

Thanks anyways but you rude o

Sorry if sounded that way. I'm just appalled at the thought that young guys with a lot of life and opportunities in today's world would still be contemplating suicide. Brother there must be a way out in every situation trust me. Clear ur mind off of hate for any man or God, blame no one and take it for what it is a phase but most important learn what there is to learn from it all so u don't pass on the burden to ur children. Instead when they're faced with such times u will be there to teach and direct. Suicide is not to be entertained at all.. Peace man
Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by manunitedbabes: 8:25am On Nov 26, 2020
I am a motivational speaker ! I am a motivational speaker, na so one osun 100l student motivate himself to commit suicide after advising others...

Anyways this life shall e no balance
Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by kizwid(m): 8:25am On Nov 26, 2020
doggedfighter:
He must've been going through a lotcry cry
this your comments (twice) seem so low to me, hope you are fine?

1 Like

Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by Tilykay(m): 8:25am On Nov 26, 2020
Amos1423:
People are going through shit in their life, just yesterday as well some suicidal thoughts came through my mind, Ave had these considerations several times but each time the feelings get strong I visit Chukwuemekas Akachis page on Facebook and console myself; Chukwuemeka is that poet in UNN that committed suicide incase you don't know.

Just yesterday I received alert of 2,500 from my dad while in school after he had asked me to give him more time to raise money, I asked him for 10k since on Monday last week, I told him foodstuffs had finished and I barely have cash to buy drugs since am asthmatic, I cried yesterday, most times my friends ask my why I don't believe in God, they think it's because of some science facts but really that isn't it, I don't because I hate where I am, I blame him for taking me here and giving me a health challenge since birth.

Nairalanders, I am not saying this to be pitied, am saying this because that's how am feeling and I just want to eer it out in case you hear the next news of suicide, am not afraid of death anymore, after all what's more to death than the life am living now?

Please guys always try as much as possible to reach out to others even I asking them howfa, the feeling of having someone to talk to is second to none...

Am still tasting myself!

I encourage your to listen to the hymn, "In Christ alone my hope is found". I may send the lyrics. My emphasis is on the last stanza.

This times come to all, even the strongest of believers. Christ experienced his, when he told God to take the cup away just before his crucifixion.

He gives us what we can bear. If we are in him, truly, he engraces us to bear the challenge. Because only with challenges our faith grows and we know him more.

But it is written, if you faint in the days of adversity your strength is small.
So what makes your strength big, is to get faith, and build capacity in God's word. And you do that by what enters your spirit man. Settle with his word. His word is a bank of hope for all.

He's breaking you, making you pass through this things so you would understand tomorrow and so he uses you. You must watch out for your faith. For the greatest battles occur in the mind.

I can't tell you why he made you asthmatic, I can't tell you why you are this broke.
But I can tell you, he made all things bright and beautiful for his own pleasure. Paul said, to live is for Christ, and to die is gain.

When such depressing feelings comes, look back and see what God has done.
You are in school not a drop out or not someone who can not afford his education bill. You have a home you can call when you are broke. God is faithful.

You have come this far. It is not your time yet!
You have a future and hope.
Your case may not be as everyone else, who finishes without a job.

[/b]The just shall live by his own faith[b].

Do not focus on what God has not done yet.
Rather be thankful for the little or nothing you have.
It's in that you see his manifold grace. This is true Christianity. Being a Christian is responsibility backed with actions.

I'm not speaking as one that don't know what he's saying. But as one that understands, cause I'm currently in mine. But God is ever faithful. He's all I gat.

More grace bro. You would be fine.

5 Likes

Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by ViktorCash: 8:26am On Nov 26, 2020
angry angry
beauty7:
One prick is wasted for nothing.

Instead of killing self why not just live anyhow and if you die in the process so be it.

At least there are people who might have need of your prick.

Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by 2cribz: 8:27am On Nov 26, 2020
Only this year af blown 3m
Stop hating bro,im richer than u. You are a broke hater. Hahahahaha.i can bet you have never seen 500k in your entire life bro. Send me your acct nos pls
Ganzoh:

grin lol you just verified my comment on you as a fool, it's idiots like you that can loose 15mill and you think you can make it in life again...smh tongue....with those type of words you choose to describe someone who is dead. Your sufferness Neva start. Idiot dey Der make pant dey wear you 15mill grin na same tif wey you be collect am for your hand mumu.
Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by Zooposki(f): 8:27am On Nov 26, 2020
Should have taken at least one politician with him.
Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by dimexy247(m): 8:27am On Nov 26, 2020
It's extremely sad.

We lack empathy on this side of the world.

The guy must have been showing signs but we tend to ignore and feel like we aren't concerned.

Nigeria and Nigerians have a long way to go.
Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by Tilykay(m): 8:28am On Nov 26, 2020
lastchild:
Mr man, whatever that guy passed through is a toy to compare to what I've been through

It doesn't matter.
Shebi he's gone, just say RIP. Yes he may be a weakling.
People are different.
You don't have to be judgemental to the dead like that.
Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by Kaylet: 8:29am On Nov 26, 2020
One lesson I learnt from the movie one tree Hill is to always check on people, especially singles who are struggling.

Let me just stop here

2 Likes

Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by Karleb(m): 8:29am On Nov 26, 2020
ZIINI:
Rip bro embarassed
Wetin some of us dey face he worth am if we commit suicide
This life no balance embarassed embarassed

Rest in Peace Hero! sad

Suicide should never be considered an option but you just said the truth.

Some of us are still alive in this country because of cowardice. We are not brave enough to take our own lives.

That guy is at peace now.
Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by Dreadlock69(m): 8:31am On Nov 26, 2020
We perfectly imperfect children,rose from the dust all of us are on a mission
Never give a Bleep really came from rags to riches
Gotta keep hope up rolling good dope up
Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by Amos1423(m): 8:31am On Nov 26, 2020
dairykidd:

Sorry if sounded that way. I'm just appalled at the thought that young guys with a lot of life and opportunities in today's world would still be contemplating suicide. Brother there must be a way out in every situation trust me. Clear ur mind off of hate for any man or God, blame no one and take it for what it is a phase but most important learn what there is to learn from it all so u don't pass on the burden to ur children. Instead when they're faced with such times u will be there to teach and direct. Suicide is not to be entertained at all.. Peace man

The last person I'd blame for anything is man, ave always searched for strength within bro, I wishes could bring death I could've been dead a long time ago but am strong.

I host an advocacy program on radio but most times I miss the show because I couldn't afford transportation.

I live life like it may be my last and I do that to the fullest, just yesterday, I bought books for a kid that told me he'd be starting secondary school, ave engaged myself in many charities but within me am not okay, am saying all this to tell you am not as broken as you feel I am but thanks anyways, there's more to what tomorrow has than today but...

2 Likes

Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by Amos1423(m): 8:33am On Nov 26, 2020
This is the warmest thing ave heard so far, thanks!

Tilykay:

I encourage your to listen to the hymn, "In Christ alone my hope is found". I may send the lyrics. My emphasis is on the last stanza.

This times come to all, even the strongest of believers. Christ experienced his, when he told God to take the cup away just before his crucifixion.

He gives us what we can bear. If we are in him, truly, he engraces us to bear the challenge. Because only with challenges our faith grows and we know him more.

But it is written, if you faint in the days of adversity your strength is small.
So what makes your strength big, is to get faith, and build capacity in God's word. And you do that by what enters your spirit man. Settle with his word. His word is a bank of hope for all.

He's breaking you, making you pass through this things so you would understand tomorrow and so he uses you. You must watch out for your faith. For the greatest battles occur in the mind.

I can't tell you why he made you asthmatic, I can't tell you why you are this broke.
But I can tell you, he made all things bright and beautiful for his own pleasure. Paul said, to live is for Christ, and to die is gain.

When such depressing feelings comes, look back and see what God has done.
You are in school not a drop out or not someone who can not afford his education bill. You have a home you can call when you are broke. God is faithful.

You have come this far. It is not your time yet!
You have a future and hope.
Your case may not be as everyone else, who finishes without a job.

Do not focus on what God has not done yet.
Rather be thankful for the little or nothing you have.
It's in that you see his manifold grace. This is true Christianity. Being a Christian is responsibility backed with actions.

I'm not speaking as one that don't know what he's saying. But as one that understands, cause I'm currently in mine. But God is ever faithful. He's all I gat.

More grace bro. You would be fine.

3 Likes

Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by Mrpojj(m): 8:33am On Nov 26, 2020
State001:

https://campusgist.com.ng/2020/11/25/student-commits-suicide-hours-after-posting-cryptic-messages-on-whatsapp/

People are really suffering but suicide is not the option
There is nothing this guy believes he is going through that people have not and are not going through right now
There is so much pressure from society especially social media, if you focus on social media, you will think ur case us worse
Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by kay29000(m): 8:33am On Nov 26, 2020
Heineken:
Seriously corruption is too much. People aren't happy.. Poverty everywhere..

Even in countries like America and England, people commit suicide every day. People have always been committing suicide in Nigeria, it's just social media and the internet that makes it seem it is a new thing.

1 Like

Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by Aguilar(m): 8:35am On Nov 26, 2020
R.I.P brother and to every niggas going through a challenge or situation abeg suicide no be the way.
Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by Swipa: 8:35am On Nov 26, 2020
I'm so sorry for what you are going through. Please know that there is always hope.One day you will look back at this and smile. It will surely get better. You will get through this. JESUS LOVES YOU SO MUCH.
Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by Swipa: 8:36am On Nov 26, 2020
I'm so sorry for what you are going through. Please know that there is always hope.One day you will look back at this and smile. It will surely get better. You will get through this. JESUS LOVES YOU SO MUCH
Amos1423:
People are going through shit in their life, just yesterday as well some suicidal thoughts came through my mind, Ave had these considerations several times but each time the feelings get strong I visit Chukwuemekas Akachis page on Facebook and console myself; Chukwuemeka is that poet in UNN that committed suicide incase you don't know.

Just yesterday I received alert of 2,500 from my dad while in school after he had asked me to give him more time to raise money, I asked him for 10k since on Monday last week, I told him foodstuffs had finished and I barely have cash to buy drugs since am asthmatic, I cried yesterday, most times my friends ask my why I don't believe in God, they think it's because of some science facts but really that isn't it, I don't because I hate where I am, I blame him for taking me here and giving me a health challenge since birth.

Nairalanders, I am not saying this to be pitied, am saying this because that's how am feeling and I just want to eer it out in case you hear the next news of suicide, am not afraid of death anymore, after all what's more to death than the life am living now?

Please guys always try as much as possible to reach out to others even I asking them howfa, the feeling of having someone to talk to is second to none...

Am still tasting myself!

1 Like

Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by ecomalchemist(m): 8:36am On Nov 26, 2020
fatymore:
Young fine boy...God forgive your soul.

Who told you that he's young, pesin wey don clock 30 and counting..

Una funny o !
Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by Tony142: 8:36am On Nov 26, 2020
Doradorwa:
smiley My ideas and philosophy about death is quite different. Death is the end of everything here on earth... We are all gonna die some day...How and when is what we don't know.... He was brave to make his end come quicker.

Lol, funny girl
Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by kay29000(m): 8:36am On Nov 26, 2020
Igbankpa:
I give big smiles but my heart is enclaved in pain,a thousand questions running through my mind but I only see one solution. there should be peace on the other side I tell myself and still I wonder and ask myself how has death become so attractive. Many have been there including me but only grace brings one back. Rest on my friend and I hope you find the peace you seek.

This is so deep.

1 Like

Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by omoyeni37: 8:38am On Nov 26, 2020
People would soon read about another suicide soon
Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 26, 2020
Doradorwa:
Rip bro.... You are a brave one
Help me ask how e take brave o
Na d brave ones dey drink sniper
dey use rope break Dem neck by demself ba.
Hanty change your weed supplier
Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by berrystunn(m): 8:39am On Nov 26, 2020
Heineken:
Seriously corruption is too much. People aren't happy.. Poverty everywhere..

APC government is too corrupt

1 Like

Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 26, 2020
omoyeni37:
People would soon read about another suicide soon
You won kill yourself ni
E go shock you say we no go put am for nairaland not to talk of FRONT PAGE
Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by beauty7: 8:40am On Nov 26, 2020
ehix89:
mumu talk, you fine for face but ugly for brain. They make live any how go join arm robbery make go eventually come rob and rape for your papa house. Stupid opinions everywhere

Thank you.
Re: Osun University Student Commits Suicide After Posting Messages On WhatsApp by omoyeni37: 8:40am On Nov 26, 2020
Haryoife:

You won kill yourself ni
E go shock you say we no go put am for nairaland not to talk of FRONT PAGE
God bless you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The 'Anti-Cheating' Exam Hats Used By Students In Philippines (Pictures) / She Was Sacked For Telling Students To Pray For Nigeria / JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.