Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp (60029 Views)

Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall / Lady Loses Employment Opportunity Over Semi-nude DP On Social Media / Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Notatribalist(m): 9:42am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
[s]I agree, but try and look at it from this perspective : you receiving a text from an anonymous number on WhatsApp is a breach on your privacy and security. And as you know, this is 9ja, and you cannot vouch for the next man. So her response is only natural given the circumstances[/s]
And been rude will solve the potential danger?Use your sense

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by kay29000(m): 9:44am On Nov 28, 2020
odinson1:
Who is bringing up all these mannerless and uncouth Ladies
I wonder what nigerian ladies Gain in being unnecessarily rude to strangers

It's the constant attention they get from some guys that gets to their head.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by iamclime(m): 9:44am On Nov 28, 2020
genitori:

It's true, but you know the context of conversation matters a lot.

In a formal context, I speak correctly but in an informal context ( with my close friends or relatives) I even speak in pidgin English.

I feel you. Personally, I have decided to speak and write correctly in any context. I detest useless and needless abbreviations! Well, that may have something to do with my background and my work with students across various strata. The things my eyes have seen! Many adults cannot even string simple sentences together again, without abbreviations, even in formal settings like work, examination, and the like.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by AmuDimpka: 9:44am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
Bros, no offense but it seems you do not even know the meaning of an interview.

FYI, and interview is any face-to-face meeting, especially of an official nature. What is done here is not an interview ; it is incompetence modified as an interview. undecided
this one is in old school and candy compete

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Notatribalist(m): 9:44am On Nov 28, 2020
Perfectsouth:
Bro, if you message me on WhatsApp irrespective of who you are, I will first greet you sir or MA.
Cos I will want to believe for you to have my number, you must have gotten it from someone or somewhere
And her name was even mentioned, which somehow indicate that either the person know her or Her number was given to him by her close pal..very senseless lady

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by AmuDimpka: 9:45am On Nov 28, 2020
Notatribalist:
And been rude will solve the potential danger?Use your sense
I can't even employ such girl with a badly written english

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Oizee(f): 9:46am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
I do support the lady's rudeness, but the company should have informed her on the method they would use to contact her in case she was selected. It is just standard procedure.
u can't support dis o, I'm always very nice with strangers o, wether physical, through phone or chat, but when I realized u ain't worth my time then I'll change tone.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by EgunMogaji2: 9:46am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
Change your mentality please.

In saner climes, is this how the recruitment process is?

Why must we continue to embrace rubbish we know we cannot handle

I’m good with my mentality. It serves me very well.

Yes, some jobs are hired this way in the USA.

It’s not rubbish just because you think it is.

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Royalty5(f): 9:46am On Nov 28, 2020
Apart from the job she applied for. She is into graphic design and must have dropped her number on one of those flyers she advertise just like some of us here. Either she dropped it while she was still a newbie. So there are ways to have her number. Graphics is business not one confidential work. Common sense is not common. Emotional Intelligence is a natural gift. Her being paranoid sef could be caused by one small recent heartbreak/man threats.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Notatribalist(m): 9:47am On Nov 28, 2020
AmuDimpka:
I can't even employ such girl with a badly written english
Don't mind her.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by kay29000(m): 9:49am On Nov 28, 2020
Perfectsouth:
Just this afternoon, a lady was inside the hot sun and I took pity on her, she was waiting for a bike..
A bike man was gesturing to her maybe she is going.. About four people were trying to tell her and though she heard clearly, she looked away..
The bike man went to meet her and told her we've been trying to tell her there is a bike here, it was then she looked at us and was trying to apologize.
We all gave her Waka shege..
So many uncouth and untrained ladies out there..
A food seller of about 13yrs of age was selling food and she said something way way above her age then someone asked her who she was talking to, she said 'ELEYI' meaning this one..
She was referring to someone of about 45years of age as eleyi

Something similar happened to me. I went to buy something from this woman I normally buy small household stuffs from, and it was her daughter I met washing outside. The girl sent another little girl to go and get the thing. And when the little girl gave her the thing, she didnt get up from where she was washing, she instead motioned for me to come get it. I lost my cool and shouted at her. Little teenage girl o...of maybe like 15. I guess some of these girls act that rude because of the older guys some of them date. You will see a 19 year old girl calling a 40 something year old man by his name. This is what I feel causes all these disrespect from some girls.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by dazzlingd(m): 9:49am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
Change your mentality please.

In saner climes, is this how the recruitment process is?

Why must we continue to embrace rubbish we know we cannot handle

Oga pls stop this nonsense saner climes talk, it is making me sick....Test can happen anywhere anyway...saner climes check social media profiles of people before even inviting them

She is rude and stop defending nonsense.

7 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 9:49am On Nov 28, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I’m good with my mentality. It serves me very well.

Yes, some jobs are hired this way in the USA.

It’s not rubbish just because you think it is.
Na lie you dey talk. In the US na law suit go follow this company...wallahi.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Reference(m): 9:49am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
I agree, but try and look at it from this perspective : you receiving a text from an anonymous number on WhatsApp is a breach on your privacy and security. And as you know, this is 9ja, and you cannot vouch for the next man. So her response is only natural given the circumstances

I get tons of unsolicited messages daily. Simply do not answer or reply. If the other party is objective more information will come through.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by vikstandon(m): 9:50am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
I do support the lady's rudeness, but the company should have informed her on the method they would use to contact her in case she was selected. It is just standard procedure.

Pure lie... Mannerism matters a lot.
I see a lot of nonsensical attitude exhibited by our Ladies.
You don't take calls from unknown numbers.
You show hostility to strangers, even on social media or on-net.
Develop soft skills, your Certificates alone are not enough to earn you a placement.

You can't be hypnotized through calls, you can't be hypnotized through chats... You are in control, you are only hypnotized if you are a greedy person who allows the other person have full control.
I bet she has learnt from this...if she reorientate herself today...A better one would come.

Ladies if I chat you up and say 'Hello, how are you doing'... Your reception doesn't give you away as being cheap. Your snobby attitude gives you out as lacking mannerism.

There is an answer for every social engagement my Sisters, don't snob or be irate. Even if you don't like the person.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Oblizdahfuture: 9:51am On Nov 28, 2020
this is NONSENSE ��.....
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by kay29000(m): 9:52am On Nov 28, 2020
Bornsinner7:
Awa fierce gan to ba n wa mi

This looks like Nollywood but e no concern me, wetin really draw my attention na the way she dey reply, typical Nigerian girl with empty brain

"5n" "hu is dis"..

Chating with a Nigerian girl can be so tiring

Lol! When I was reading the chat at first I thought it was some kind of error or something. I had to read it a second time to get what she was saying.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by AmuDimpka: 9:52am On Nov 28, 2020
Notatribalist:
Don't mind her.

Apart from the attitude, her written english is very annoying ... She would put off customers either with her attitude or english

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by udemzyudex(m): 9:52am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
This is your OWN response. And not everyone will act the way you would under a given situation. Remember that

What are you trying to justify? That nonsense you there? Na wa ooo
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by VULCAN(m): 9:52am On Nov 28, 2020
Just fascinating how you keep bending over backwards to support the girls rudeness!

People are trying to correct you but you keep digging down in your false belief that the girl was correct to be rude just because she was contacted on whatsapp.

You argue as if the girl is your sister and you can therefore vouch that she ISN'T rude

Pls tell us more about this girl since you know her so well?

Jashub:
Oga, in saner climes, there is what we call a "Standard Procedure" of recruitment.

This is done by companies with an organised structure on ground and most of these companies (except you are running a mushroom company ) have this standard procedure for REACHING out to applicants. It can be through SMS, WhatsApp, Social media, Newspapers etc.

These companies will notify you(the applicant) prior to when the outcome of the interview is out.

And not through impromptu tactics being done here by this...this...chai! I do not know even know what to call this company sef.

4 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by prciouschika(f): 9:53am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:

Courtesy demands you be nice to people
This shows she lack manners

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 9:53am On Nov 28, 2020
dazzlingd:

Oga pls stop this nonsense saner climes talk, it is making me sick....Test can happen anywhere anyway...saner climes check social media profiles of people before even inviting them

She is rude and stop defending nonsense.
It will make you sick because it is the truth! But a slave like you does not understand this.

The shithole(Nigeria) you live is the way it is because people like you foolishly choose to embrace nonsense all in the name of staying alive.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 28, 2020
Karleb:

How many companies abroad test the way you just described?

Even though I don't live abroad, I follow tech interview process bumper to bumper and trust me, the normal interview process isn't as shitty as you just described.

Some FAANG companies who pay as high as $100, 000 monthly will even tell you what to study ahead of the interview.

The fact that a company has job to offer doesn't mean they should treat applicants anyhow.

What Mary here did is wrong.
What you described earlier is wrong as well.

If meetings of head of state can be attended virtually, am yet to understand your argument on how, .....I have my company and I want to run it the way I want is bothering you.

Applicants dictating to company how they run their policies!
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by JONNYSPUTE(m): 9:54am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
This is not an interview please. The company was only trying to cut corners.

And interview is any face-to-face meeting, especially of an official nature.

So how is this offical...? Is this how to conduct an interview....? undecided
.....Guy you lied.There was this job I bidded for in a state ministry last year. No information until two weeks ago when I came out from the bathroom to see a miss call of an unknown number.

I simply returned the call and even though I greeted the person at the other end,there was no reply to my greetings. The only thing I heard was,are you Engr so so so,I said yes sir and he now introduced himself as the chief of staff and informed me that the job has been approved.

If I was rude when I greeted and he didn't respond,do you know he might cancel the contract?

All we are saying is that we shouldn't be rude to anybody especially to strangers.

10 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by AmuDimpka: 9:57am On Nov 28, 2020
MhisTahrah:
People who type 'who' as 'hu' annoy me, what would it take you to type a 3-letter word?You only have to type 'w' sef and autocorrect will do the rest for you.Na wa undecided
it's so annoying, I find it annoying and vexatious when they use that stupid slangs !

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by vickydevoka(m): 9:57am On Nov 28, 2020
Perfectsouth:
Just this afternoon, a lady was inside the hot sun and I took pity on her, she was waiting for a bike..
A bike man was gesturing to her maybe she is going.. About four people were trying to tell her and though she heard clearly, she looked away..
The bike man went to meet her and told her we've been trying to tell her there is a bike here, it was then she looked at us and was trying to apologize.
A food seller of about 13yrs of age was selling food and she said something way way above her age then someone asked her who she was talking to, she said 'ELEYI' meaning this one..
Men is the reason behind their unruly attitude.

Men go wan Bleep anything under skate without any atom of shame in dem. U go see 40 year old men go de fùck 10 year of gal
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Olatlaccon(m): 9:57am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
I agree, but try and look at it from this perspective : you receiving a text from an anonymous number on WhatsApp is a breach on your privacy and security. And as you know, this is 9ja, and you cannot vouch for the next man. So her response is only natural given the circumstances
Forget perspective she rude nothing more.... stranger should be treated with most respect cos it's their first encounter and their first perception says the rest than your folks cos ur folks are born to be disrespected cos of the bond shared already

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by vickydevoka(m): 9:57am On Nov 28, 2020
Perfectsouth:
Men is the reason behind their unruly attitude.

Men go wan fùck anything under skate without any atom of shame in dem. U go see 40 year old men go de fùck 10 year of gal
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Bornsinner7: 9:57am On Nov 28, 2020
kay29000:

Lol! When I was reading the chat at first I thought it was some kind of error or something. I had to read it a second time to get what she was saying.
The dude haven't even answered to the question "hu is dis", she threw another one "N how did you get my number"..so immature, I don't have that guy's patience

3 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by AmuDimpka: 9:58am On Nov 28, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
.....Guy you lied.There was this job I bidded for in a state ministry last year. No information until two weeks ago when I came out from the bathroom to see a miss call of an unknown number.

I simply returned the call and even though I greeted the person at the other end,there was no reply to my greetings. The only thing I heard was,are you Engr so so so,I said yes sir and he now introduced himself as the chief of staff and informed me that the job has been approved.

If I was rude when I greeted and he didn't respond,do you know he might cancel the contract?

All we are saying is that we shouldn't be rude to anybody especially to strangers.

Exactly, if I see missed calls , courtesy demand that I return it
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Ayodelejohn2018(m): 9:58am On Nov 28, 2020
Their are two things involved
Either her boyfriend just breakup with her or her village people just reason her matter

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

NECO Coordination Starts In August 2016. Earn Up To N15,000 - Mpyaw / 2017 Recruitment Of Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) / For Those That Applied For The Just Concluded FCSC Recruitment Execirse.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.