Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp (59965 Views)

Lady Loses Job Opportunity Due To Her Response To HR's Phonecall / Lady Loses Employment Opportunity Over Semi-nude DP On Social Media / Lady Loses A Job After She Sent Messages Using Abbreviations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 9:27am On Nov 28, 2020
Angelfrost:

Every well brought up and courteous individual with a modicum of sense should respond civilly even to a perceived enemy...

Please, stop the excuses!!!... Rudeness in any form should be far from an educated person.
So your interpretation of an educated person is one who is docile and when receiving messages from unknown persons, right? Mtchww undecided
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jetland(m): 9:27am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
This is your OWN response. And not everyone will act the way you would under a given situation. Remember that

What's this one saying?
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by melodyogonna(m): 9:28am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
I agree, but try and look at it from this perspective : you receiving a text from an anonymous number on WhatsApp is a breach on your privacy and security. And as you know, this is 9ja, and you cannot vouch for the next man. So her response is only natural given the circumstances
So if you get a message from a stranger you'll respond the same way?
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 9:30am On Nov 28, 2020
melodyogonna:

So if you get a message from a stranger you'll respond the same way?
My response will be different.

Yours also would different.

We cannot have the same response na... undecided
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
I do support the lady's rudeness, but the company should have informed her on the method they would use to contact her in case she was selected. It is just standard procedure.
man u are a fvckin simp

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Karleb(m): 9:30am On Nov 28, 2020
Fussion1000:

As a job seeker you are the one who will prepare for any circumstance that can come up. And more reasons why many graduates are unable to be employed, they went to institutions just to get papers

So job seekers should take any shit thrown at them?

Many HR out there are as ill mannered as Mary but we don't get to talk about it because they are the one who has the job to offer and if person A doesn't take the job, person B will.

A lot of interview process out there especially in Nigeria is shit and it should be frowned at. Period!
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Ghostmode2two(m): 9:31am On Nov 28, 2020
Majority of ladies lack communication skills and manners. First thing that comes to their mind is that when they heard a male's voice, it is toasting.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Ferdinandu(m): 9:31am On Nov 28, 2020
Abeg the company doesn't have manners also. When chatting up with someone who doesn't have your number the greetings is always followed immediately with introduction before the person replies. Even though the lady seems a bit rude, being an applicant doesn't strip you of your dignity. It is not everyone that has the patient to respond to all troll because a lot of people gets a lot of them all the time and it can be annoying to get messages from them sometimes

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 9:31am On Nov 28, 2020
[s]
aminu114:
man u are a fvckin simp
[/s] Another degenerate lowlife spotted
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 28, 2020
coolcentbigman:

That's truth bro and don't see any reason to defend the lady, she was uncultured and ill manner. No sensible person will offer such person job on his/her company because customer satisfaction comes first and she has shown she is not ready for job.
so many low IQ and uncouth ladies out there bro..

me i no get their time

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Nobody: 9:32am On Nov 28, 2020
Karleb:

So job seekers should take any shit thrown at them?

Many HR out there are as ill mannered as Mary but we don't get to talk about it because they are the one who has the job to offer.

A lot of interview process out there especially in Nigeria is shit and it should be frowned at. Period!

If you don't want to take shit, go and establish ur own company nah, call any guy you knw in abroad and ask how people work for money thr.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:33am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
I do support the lady's rudeness, but the company should have informed her on the method they would use to contact her in case she was selected. It is just standard procedure.

No they don't need to inform her probably that would be the only form of interview or test given to her.

Always learn to be patient as humans
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by PrinceMajestic: 9:34am On Nov 28, 2020
I hate the average Nigerian girl. All of them are guilty of this
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:35am On Nov 28, 2020
Ferdinandu:
Abeg the company doesn't have manners also. When chatting up with someone who doesn't have your number the greetings is always followed immediately with introduction before the person replies. Even though the lady seems a bit rude, being an applicant doesn't strip you of your dignity. It is not everyone that has the patient to respond to all troll because a lot of people gets a lot of them all the time and it can be annoying to get messages from them sometimes

Well in this case that could only be a way to interview her probably

Ladies learn to be mannered and patient
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 9:35am On Nov 28, 2020
NaijaOlosho:

No they don't need to inform her probably that would be the only form of interview or test given to her.

Always learn to be patient as humans
This is not an interview please. The company was only trying to cut corners.

And interview is any face-to-face meeting, especially of an official nature.

So how is this offical...? Is this how to conduct an interview....? undecided
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by layegite: 9:36am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:

Wait oooo. If dey inform her and was given the job.
Later if a customer message her nah so she go respond abi. Mtcheww, she rude
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by am4truth(m): 9:36am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
This is your OWN response. And not everyone will act the way you would under a given situation. Remember that

Stop justifying what is bad.. What she did was bad and remains bad.

We are Africans and respect for everyone would remain part of our culture.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by phorget(m): 9:37am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
Bros, no offense but it seems you do not even know the meaning of an interview.

FYI, and interview is any face-to-face meeting, especially of an official nature. What is done here is not an interview ; it is incompetence modified as an interview. undecided

You must be referring to ages when technologies were absent. This days, people can conduct interview through Skype, Zoom, etc.
We are in 21st century bro, archaic things don't exist or are almost going into extinction already. If truly you are an employer as you mentioned then I'll advice you to flow with technology and forget about the old ways of doing things,technology is way more cheaper and more economical.
E.G,if I am in kaduna and I applied for a job in Lagos and someone offered to interview me through just a phone/video call or chat then that means I'll be able to save my time of traveling, I'll be able to be safe from accidents on the road, I'll be able to save my travel expenses etc.

Please bro, it's more appropriate to live in a digital world than your old analog ways and please remember to thank me when you start enjoying your new ease as I don't always give out a free advice.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 9:37am On Nov 28, 2020
layegite:

Wait oooo. If dey inform her and was given the job.
Later if a customer message her nah so she go respond abi. Mtcheww, she rude
Baba, you cannot tell.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by melodyogonna(m): 9:38am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
My response will be different.

Yours also would different.

We cannot have the same response na... undecided
She was just rude. Could have just replied with her "5n" and ignore the stranger until he states his mission instead of raving like a mad person.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by layegite: 9:38am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
I agree, but try and look at it from this perspective : you receiving a text from an anonymous number on WhatsApp is a breach on your privacy and security. And as you know, this is 9ja, and you cannot vouch for the next man. So her response is only natural given the circumstances

Ehnehn laugh in Korea. Plz ooo what is wrong with asking a question politely like 'plz who is dis? Or plz who am I chatting with?
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Karleb(m): 9:38am On Nov 28, 2020
Fussion1000:

If you don't want to take shit, go and establish ur own company nah, call any guy you knw in abroad and ask how people work for money thr.

How many companies abroad test the way you just described?

Even though I don't live abroad, I follow tech interview process bumper to bumper and trust me, the normal interview process isn't as shitty as you just described.

Some FAANG companies who pay as high as $100, 000 monthly will even tell you what to study ahead of the interview.

The fact that a company has job to offer doesn't mean they should treat applicants anyhow.

What Mary here did is wrong.
What you described earlier is wrong as well.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by deavicky(m): 9:39am On Nov 28, 2020
odinson1:
Who is bringing up all these mannerless and uncouth Ladies
I wonder what nigerian ladies Gain in being unnecessarily rude to strangers
maybe she tot she beautiful and men always go after her.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by layegite: 9:39am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
Baba, you cannot tell.
Wat are you saying bayi. Wat is you can not tell when she did dis to another person. Abi customer would inform her too
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Yankee101: 9:40am On Nov 28, 2020
Happened on the phone with someone we wanted to help

Lost the job of course

It's rude
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jakama90(m): 9:40am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
The man as her to calm down and hear him out but he replied: don't ask me to calm down . She no get manners
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by melodyogonna(m): 9:40am On Nov 28, 2020
Standing5:
I support her. The interviewer should have introduced himself/herself straight away. Don't tell people who don't know you to calm down.

Still not an excuse to be rude.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by melodyogonna(m): 9:41am On Nov 28, 2020
CalliDora1:
The job was not meant for her. Forget it. When something is yours, it doesn't matter what you do or don't do, you'll get it.
Lies

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Penco2020(m): 9:42am On Nov 28, 2020
Person Wey dey find work is still asking "hu is dis? " Your madness needs to be on naija curriculum.
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Foolishmasses: 9:42am On Nov 28, 2020
She has just been left with her privacy option. Your reasoning is sickening

Jashub:
True, but the company should have been more specific on the method of communication. Some people cherish their privacy above ambition
Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by AmuDimpka: 9:42am On Nov 28, 2020
Jashub:
the company can choose the method they would contact her they cann decide to use
Phone call
WhatsApp call
WhatsApp chat
Email
Tweeter
Facebook
Instagram
Viber
Letter

The company doesn't owe you any explanation ... Once you have these channels the company can choose any

1 Like

Re: Lady Loses Job To 'Who Gave You My Number?' Question On WhatsApp by Jashub: 9:42am On Nov 28, 2020
phorget:

You must be referring to ages when technologies were absent. This days, people can conduct interview through Skype, Zoom, etc.
We are in 21st century bro, archaic things don't exist or are almost going into extinction already. If truly you are an employer as you mentioned then I'll advice you to flow with technology and forget about the old ways of doing things,technology is way more cheaper and more economical.
E.G,if I am in kaduna and I applied for a job in Lagos and someone offered to interview me through just a phone/video call or chat then that means I'll be able to save my time of traveling, I'll be able to be safe from accidents on the road, I'll be able to save my travel expenses etc.

Please bro, it's more appropriate to live in a digital world than your old analog ways and please remember to thank me when you start enjoying your new ease as I don't always give out a free advice.
Mr man, just admit it, you do not know the definition of the word "interview ".

The Zoom, Skype and co, you mentioned would require a facial interaction(face-face), not a messaging session like what was done between this girl and the company.

But take it or leave, what was done here was not an interview, it was Social media chatting grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

2017 Recruitment Of Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) / FCSC: A Country Where 3rd Class Is Considered Above Msc + Bsc (2.1) / NECO Coordination Starts In August 2016. Earn Up To N15,000 - Mpyaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.