Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,129 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos (1871 Views)

Little Girl Practices Hair Plaiting With Her Dad's Hairless Scalp (Pix, Video) / 22-Year-Old Lady Finally Finds Her Dad Who Impregnated Her Mum And Ran Away.PICS / Lady Justifies Why Her Dad Is Married To 6 Wives, Says He Is Too Cute (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by benjackugo: 10:55am On Nov 28, 2020
Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants As She Apologizes To Igbos

A Yoruba woman has apologized to Igbo people on behalf of herself, her family and her children for the war crimes committed against the Igbos during the Nigerian civil war, IgbereTV reports.

She narrated how her father rented out his property to 6 Igbo spare parts dealers and refused to collect anything extra from them, asides the house rent.

She explained that even when the spare parts dealers occupying her father's property in Oyigbo asked him to pick any electronics he wants from their goods, he would decline.

In return, the Igbo businessmen showered her father with gifts and food items during the Christmas holidays.

She said she didn't understand why her father was being kind to the Igbos until she overheard him speaking to one of the Igbo businessmen about the civil war.

Her father said he chose to be kind to the Igbo businessmen "to apologize in his own little way for what the government did to them."

The Twitter user went on to also apologize, writing: "The government may never apologize to you guys, but on behalf of my family and my children, I apologize for what they did to your people."

Read her tweets below.

"There are 6 shops for Igbo spare part dealers in my dad's compound and whenever any of them want to offload their containers, he allowed them use the compound.

At no Extra Charge.

They brought in all manners of electronics, appliances, spare parts and even cars.

Most times, these guys would ask my dad to pick anything he wants for free.

My dad would politely decline, telling them if he needed anything from there, he would rather buy.

In my mind, I would be..
We need microwave.
We need washing machine and deep freezer and AC and Home theaters and all these other nice appliances that makes living comfortable.

My Popman would refuse. He only collected the shop rent and that was all.

As a teenager, I was always angry at him for refusing the gifts.

But during Christmas, come and see gift hampers And bags of rice and chicken and turkey ... LMAO, we hardly buy food for Christmas o.

During the spare part dealers christmas party in 2003. I overhead my dad discussing the war with Chuka who was one of his shop tenants .

He then went on to tell him that the reason he chose to support his people was to apologize in his own little way for what the govt did to them.

I was helpless then but I'm not now.

The government may never apologize to you guys, but on behalf of my family and my children, I apologize for what they did to your people.

He didn't tell me this directly but I overheard him tell it to Chuka and since then, I started seeing the Igbos differently.

They still have shops in our compound although the shop is being run by the 3rd generation of nwa boys.

So what exactly is my point with this thread??

This is not famzing but I want to disassociate myself from any hate speech against the Igbos.

No Tribe is perfect.

I am proudly Yorùbá but I am not interested in inheriting this hatred war against the Igbos.

I just want to make money, do good, relax and be taken care of.

By the way, we are Lagosians and my dad's compound is in Oyingbo.

If you know there you will know that that place is the home of all things Spare Parts."
https://twitter.com/TheMegRicketts/status/1332214102178066433?s=19

https://igberetvnews.com/1373363/yoruba-lady-recounts-dads-kindness-igbo-tenants-apologizes-igbos/

Lalasticlala

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by benjackugo: 10:56am On Nov 28, 2020
More

Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by Bkayyy: 10:57am On Nov 28, 2020
I refuse to moved emotionally.
Not after collecting Igbo man's property and termed it abandoned property.
Today all the abandoned properties you people took in your cities are looking really abandoned because you people don't know that houses are maintained.
They think say na by shine eye.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by Jagznation(m): 10:57am On Nov 28, 2020
We will accept your apology after we get the Presidential ticket in 2023

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by Ndibunna: 10:59am On Nov 28, 2020
Not necessary again

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by Simplyleo: 11:00am On Nov 28, 2020
I disagree.

Igbos own over 98% of the houses in Lagos.

So I don't understand what she meant by "igbo tenants". angry

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by PlayerMeji: 11:00am On Nov 28, 2020
What better way to make money this season than to implore on the sensibility of a group of people who are feel betrayed by others especially in a civil war.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by Bkayyy: 11:01am On Nov 28, 2020
After bringing down my cities below (Enugu and Onitsha)
You want me to be emotional?
I refuse to be moved

Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by AdaugoChisom(f): 11:03am On Nov 28, 2020
Everyone is using my people to trend because they know without us they won't trend. Igbo Moves others follow.

you can only slow us down but you can't stop us

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by dawnomike(m): 11:03am On Nov 28, 2020
One less tribal sentimental fellow in Nigeria... Your Dad did well

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by Enudapan: 11:04am On Nov 28, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so sophisticated

Nah only illiterate them and misinformed fools
Are being controlled by tribalism,
We are just one big happy country in the actually sense
Forget the way some hungry boys nd girls that manage to come online on social media platforms an Start typing rubbish against each other tribes,
We are all one
Living in peace
No one gives a fucking Damm care about any tribe ..

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by nku5: 11:07am On Nov 28, 2020
If we check the matter well, the yorubas at least tried a lot compared to some minorities in the east

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by tyup(m): 11:08am On Nov 28, 2020
shocked

Well in my opinion I think the Ojukwu family should rather apologize to the entire Igbo race for selfishly leading over 3m Igbos to the slaughter table while he ran away from the fire he matched to Ivory coast where he forgot bout what happened and kept having fun with his 3bootyful Ivorian side chicks. I watched his sex tape that went viral that year

Left to me I think the Ojukwu family headed by Bianca gift each Igbo persons including a sucking Igbo child monthly stipends in apologies to what her Husband did. The yorubas are not to blame

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by lastempero: 11:10am On Nov 28, 2020
Jagznation:

Which ticket to who b4 i say my mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by Hyperchi(m): 11:14am On Nov 28, 2020
apology accepted. no matter how different we are. we are quite friendly. most landlord are angry with us coz we refused to accept a change in agreement. some tenants has even paid up to 2025 house rent.
Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by Bkayyy: 11:18am On Nov 28, 2020
nku5:
If we check the matter well, the yorubas at least tried a lot compared to some minorities in the east
No don't say that. Go and read Chinua Achebe's there was a country and see where he was also pointed out as an Igbo man to be killed by his yoruba neighbors in Lagos. He had to hide in his container at the back of his house before smuggling himself down to east.
But worst people that wished extinction on Ndigbo was actually the Ijaw, ikwerre and Ogoni. That is why I will continue seeing IPOB as the greatest fools walking on the surface of Earth.
Men of limited reasoning, half simpletons and chronic fools

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by Fahdiga(m): 11:19am On Nov 28, 2020
I think it is high time that we the Yorubas goes on our knees to beg our Igbo brothers. we and the rest of Nigerians really offended them during the civil war. they are now bigger than us in everything so we really need them more than they need us
Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by Simplyleo: 11:23am On Nov 28, 2020
[s]
Fahdiga:
I think it is high time that we the Yorubas goes on our knees to beg our Igbo brothers. we and the rest of Nigerians really offended them during the civil war. they are now bigger than us in everything so we really need them more than they need us
[/s]
Oga Shinedu, be proud of your tribe. undecided

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by nku5: 11:31am On Nov 28, 2020
Bkayyy:

No don't say that. Go and read Chinua Achebe's there was a country and see where he was also pointed out as an Igbo man to be killed by his yoruba neighbors in Lagos. He had to hide in his container at the back of his house before smuggling himself down to east.
But worst people that wished extinction on Ndigbo was actually the Ijaw, ikwerre and Ogoni. That is why I will continue seeing IPOB as the greatest fools walking on the surface of Earth.
Men of limited reasoning, half simpletons and chronic fools

I'm not saying yoruba were perfect but they did better than eastern minorities in general. When your own neighbour sells you out it's heavier in weight
Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by tamdun: 11:34am On Nov 28, 2020
During biafra war, South West was the only region that welcomed Igbos,they were not safe anywhere except sw, not even in South south, My mum(a muslim woman)once gave her shop to an Igbo for free, 2 good years in satellite town when she bought the property, I don't know why they see yoruba as their enemy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by Bighead5: 11:35am On Nov 28, 2020
Lies.
This Lady is an IGBO GIRL who impersonate Yoruba.
I Refused to believe this Propaganda from the stable of IPOB
If you believe ths lie, you be mugu. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by hardcore007: 11:35am On Nov 28, 2020
Gemini’s personality is always sweet
Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by Fahdiga(m): 11:36am On Nov 28, 2020
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
Oga Shinedu, be proud of your tribe. undecided
So says a Mallam from Kebbi state who has never been to my tribe Yoruba
Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by Gabriel004: 11:39am On Nov 28, 2020
Is it yorubas that killed the Igbos or the government. I am not understanding.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by tartar9(m): 11:39am On Nov 28, 2020
Jagznation:
OMG what do you guys want exactly sad

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by Simplyleo: 11:39am On Nov 28, 2020
Fahdiga:
So says a Mallam from Kebbi state who has never been to my tribe Yoruba igbo
Shinedu, be proud of your tribe.

At least, I'm proud of my "kebbi state".

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 28, 2020
Igbo amaka
Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by Bighead5: 11:40am On Nov 28, 2020
Bkayyy:
After bringing down my cities below (Enugu and Onitsha)
You want me to be emotional?
I refuse to be moved

Remove Onitsha from your list. The entire ANAMBRA is an IGALA STATE. IGBO only have 4 States in the EAST. Enugu, Abia, Imo and Ebonyi States are the only Igbo States.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by Simplyleo: 11:42am On Nov 28, 2020
Bighead5:
Lies.
This Lady is an IGBO GIRL who impersonate Yoruba.
I Refused to believe this Propaganda from the stable of IPOB
If you believe ths lie, you be mugu. grin
I will go with the lies because the lie can't still fly.

Igbos own 98% of the houses in Lagos.

I will like some clarification on the "igbo tenants". angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Lady Recounts Her Dad's Kindness To His Igbo Tenants; Apologizes To Igbos by Fahdiga(m): 11:43am On Nov 28, 2020
Simplyleo:

Shinedu, be proud of your tribe.

At least, I'm proud of my "kebbi state".
Since you are from Kebbi state then what are you doing in a Yoruba thread. there are many Aboki threads on nairaland that you can post. this post is all about the hypocrisy of we Yorubas. I'm a truth Sayer so I have to tell my Yoruba brothers the honest truth

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Abort A Kid With Down Syndrome? Why And Why Not. / In Marriage Who Should Be Your Next Of Kin / Should Parents Choose The Spouse Of Their Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.