Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,334 members, 7,836,401 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) (1062 Views)

The True Religion To Salvation / Apostle Suleman: "Buying A 3rd Jet Doesn't Mean Owning 3 Jets" / Nobody Needs Jesus Or Religion to be Righteous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Dtruthspeaker: 1:29pm On Nov 29, 2020
Christianokaro:

Not same Bible telling us how God does not want the death of a sinner?

Does want is not the same as "Thus saith The Lord, my anger is against ye who did this evil".

Christianokaro:

Truth is, people commit suicide when they loose touch of hope. You'll agree with me that the church restores hope.

It is supposed to but I have also seen the church driving people to suicide!
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Christianokaro(m): 1:33pm On Nov 29, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
like i said religion is important because it gives people an illusion of hope during hard times.

like during this coronavirus pandemic alot of people are depressed but with religion.undecided you know when you feel sad you can easily look up and remember that you have one big daddy up there in heaven who cares alot about you. That alone gives people hope and keeps them going. grin

LOL ���
Wahala for who no get big daddy up there
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by GodWrites: 1:34pm On Nov 29, 2020
Christianokaro:
We live in a time where the very essence of religion be it Christianity, Islam or even traditional is questioned. A time where mostly only the division factor is highlighted.

Well, not to discredit the fact that time and again, religion is being used as a tool for propaganda by desperate clerics and politicians alike but what we cannot take away from religion is this;

In a society like ours where majority of the population has and are still being failed by government, leaders and even society. A time where the very essence of reproduction is questioned by the common man as to why bring an innocent child into a nation like our's, where it seems like there's no future in view, religion becomes the major restorer of hope, vision, sanity, and even faith in what looks like a failed state.

The pastors might not be perfect just like you aren't perfect. But that doesn't take away the function of the church. Take away the church and I tell you suicide will be on the high, same goes crime.

Here's my own 2 cents today. Hope we all went to church?

In other words, you're selling a lie, an illusion?

If you have to walk down that road for the purpose of false hope, it means you're deluded and needs mental help.

Issues like this will be addressed by a professional, who then strive to discover an aspect of your life that is fueling this false hope and delusion.

I see a world where a belief in a God will be a mental disorder.
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by XXXXTENTACION: 1:34pm On Nov 29, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

It is not the Regular Practice that is speaking, it is the Man who is himself committing those offences and Doing That which he Does Regularly, that is speaking. It is the case of a Student Marking his own Exam Papers and Declaring the Result. Such Results have Never Been Accepted by Anybody As True, it is Lie.

Unless and Until Another Independent Person grades those Exam Papers, to which we have all graded and it is the Judgment that the Persons Fail!
Speak in simple terms.

what point are you trying to make precisely.
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Christianokaro(m): 1:35pm On Nov 29, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Does want is not the same as "Thus saith The Lord, my anger is against ye who did this evil".

It is supposed to but I have also seen the church driving people to suicide!

Driving people to suicide really?
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by XXXXTENTACION: 1:38pm On Nov 29, 2020
Christianokaro:

LOL ���
Wahala for who no get big daddy up there
well thats what religion teaches its followers.

well you have God (big daddy) who lives up in heavens any time you have problems you can easily run to him and he will help you solve all your problems. undecided
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Christianokaro(m): 1:39pm On Nov 29, 2020
GodWrites:

If you have to walk down that road for the purpose of false hope, it means you're deluded and needs mental help.

Issues like this will be addressed by a professional, who then strive to discover an aspect of your life that is fueling this false hope and delusion.

The lives of those transformed via faith is a testament that the hope in the supernatural is not merely an illusion.
We so love to mention science, but forget to mention that the very nation's leading in science are also believers of various religions. One does not have to cancel the other.
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Christianokaro(m): 1:42pm On Nov 29, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
well thats what religion teaches its followers.

well you have God (big daddy) who lives up in heavens any time you have problems you can easily run to him and he will help you solve all your problems. undecided

Don't be sarcastic. It's beyond that and I'm sure you know it.
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Dtruthspeaker: 1:44pm On Nov 29, 2020
Christianokaro:

Driving people to suicide really?

Yeah, I have seen this, specifically, in Catholic church. Besides the fact that they are generally depressing, some priests may raise the urge of killing whether him or you. I think Kobojunkie also experienced something like that and there is another person here, but I am unable to recollect the Moniker!
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Christianokaro(m): 1:49pm On Nov 29, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Yeah, I have seen this, specifically, in Catholic church. Besides the fact that they are generally depressing, some priests may raise the urge of killing whether him or you. I think Kobojunkie also experienced something like that and there is another person here, but I am unable to recollect the Moniker!

I disagree with you saying catholic churches are generally depressing. There are people who enjoy those solemn services. If you don't like them, there are options.

I'm really not understanding the urge of killing a priest or yourself though. Could you shed more light on that?
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Dtruthspeaker: 1:50pm On Nov 29, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Speak in simple terms.

what point are you trying to make precisely.

I am saying it is the persons who commit atrocities that are themselves praising themselves and "painting themselves good" exactly as politicians do, Not their Actions or Regular Practice (Religion)

Hope this is clear?

1 Like

Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Dtruthspeaker: 1:55pm On Nov 29, 2020
Christianokaro:

I disagree with you saying catholic churches are generally depressing. There are people who enjoy those solemn services. If you don't like them, there are options.

I'm really not understanding the urge of killing a priest or yourself though. Could you shed more light on that?

I love Solemn but I know the difference between Solemn and Depressing.

On your question, it would be Unjust and Unfair to give light to it, if you have not seen it, Glory be to God, for this is good. But seeing it is not a good thing and I assure you, you really do not want to see it.
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Christianokaro(m): 2:00pm On Nov 29, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I love Solemn but I know the difference between Solemn and Depressing.

On your question, it would be Unjust and Unfair to give light to it, if you have not seen it, Glory be to God, for this is good. But seeing it is not a good thing and I assure you, you really do not want to see it.

Wowooo. If a church is depressing, there are options.
I don't think it's right to make an allegation and be offing the mic just when it gains interest. Keep to thyself what thou art unready to share
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Dtruthspeaker: 2:00pm On Nov 29, 2020
GodWrites:

You would prefer people to be hopeless because you Hate God. Anyway, your wish is already granted, for God has left man to his own ways and you can see what man's Result is like!

1 Like

Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Dtruthspeaker: 2:05pm On Nov 29, 2020
Christianokaro:

Wowooo. If a church is depressing, there are options.
I don't think it's right to make an allegation and be offing the mic just when it gains interest. Keep to thyself what thou art unready to share

grin I did not expect your interest to be raised here but there is also the option of you checking out if what I say has been observed by others.

1 Like

Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by XXXXTENTACION: 2:20pm On Nov 29, 2020
Christianokaro:

Don't be sarcastic. It's beyond that and I'm sure you know it.
I just used that sarcasm to point out something to you.

its just my own way of criticising without being too blunt. cool
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by XXXXTENTACION: 2:24pm On Nov 29, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

I am saying it is the persons who commit atrocities that are themselves praising themselves and "painting themselves good" exactly as politicians do, Not their Actions or Regular Practice (Religion)

Hope this is clear?
Not yet clear.

you just ended up contracdicting yourself. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Judybash93(m): 2:31pm On Nov 29, 2020
Christianokaro:

Call it an illusion but what I know is it keeps them going, pushing and fighting. Take away religion and see if you'll be safe

Nigeria is less safe with religion. Just look at what happened yesterday with those farmers that were murdered in cold blood
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Christianokaro(m): 2:55pm On Nov 29, 2020
Judybash93:

Nigeria is less safe with religion. Just look at what happened yesterday with those farmers that were murdered in cold blood

And I'm saying it won't be any better without.

1 Like

Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Dtruthspeaker: 3:04pm On Nov 29, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Not yet clear.

you just ended up contracdicting yourself. undecided

No I did not for there is nothing to contradict. My point was that Regular Practice which is called Religion does not defend itself that it is good and it can not do so because it merely an action.

It is rather the human doers, who are Accused for their Actions, whether it is good or bad, who Need to Defend themselves. That is my point since the first!
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by XXXXTENTACION: 3:07pm On Nov 29, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

No I did not for there is nothing to contradict. My point was that Regular Practice which is called Religion does not defend itself that it is good and it can not do so because it merely an action.

It is rather the human doers, who are Accused for their Actions, whether it is good or bad, who Need to Defend themselves. That is my point since the first!
So in other words since religion is a regular practice it can neither be good nor bad.

therefore it is the humans who practice it that are bad (evil)
is that not your point
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Dtruthspeaker: 3:10pm On Nov 29, 2020
Judybash93:

People murdered people. As Dmx said "guns don't kill people, people kill people"

Same here Regular Practice (Religion) does nothing.

It is the people who kill, steal, rape and decide what Actions that they shall do regularly, which in turn becomes what is called a Religion!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Dtruthspeaker: 3:10pm On Nov 29, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
So in other words since religion is a regular practice it can neither be good nor bad.

therefore it is the humans who practice it that are bad (evil)
is that not your point

Yep, are you saying that you did not know this?
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by XXXXTENTACION: 3:14pm On Nov 29, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Yep, are you saying that you did not know this?
Well in simple terms you are saying

religion can neither be good nor bad. undecided
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Dtruthspeaker: 3:57pm On Nov 29, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Well in simple terms you are saying

religion can neither be good nor bad. undecided

Yes, I confirm that!
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by omokeinde84655: 3:58pm On Nov 29, 2020
:Truth is, people commit suicide when they loose touch of hope. You'll agree with me that the church restores hope. It is supposed to but I have also seen the church driving people to suicide!
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Christianokaro(m): 4:06pm On Nov 29, 2020
omokeinde84655:
:Truth is, people commit suicide when they loose touch of hope. You'll agree with me that the church restores hope. It is supposed to but I have also seen the church driving people to suicide!

The church indeed restores hope. I don't understand how the church drives people to suicide tho.
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by XXXXTENTACION: 4:08pm On Nov 29, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Yes, I confirm that!
lets get this straight. If a religion orders its followers to kill unbilievers.

what adjective would you use to describe such a religion.
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Kobojunkiee: 4:26pm On Nov 29, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:
What the Fuulk is wrong with you? undecided
What association do I have with a catholic church of all churches and when in the world have I ever posted anything close to what you claim above? undecided
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Christianokaro(m): 4:46pm On Nov 29, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
What association do I have with a catholic church of all churches and when in the world have I ever posted anything close to what you claim above? undecided

Gbam! Gbam! Gbam!
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Dtruthspeaker: 5:16pm On Nov 29, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
lets get this straight. If a religion orders its followers to kill unbilievers.

what adjective would you use to describe such a religion.

It's Not A Religion that gave the Order, It is A Person!

It is A Person Who Always has Power To Issue Commands, Not an Action.

It is A Person who Always Carries Out An Action, An Action Can Not Act Itself And Can Never Do So of Its own Doing!

That's why when we hear an Action or See an Action,we Seek the Actor and the Doer of the Action! Eg, Your Post Will Never Type Itself Here, It is You, the Actor, who Must Type It!

So I Do Not Need to Describe the Action, I Always Seek out and Describe the Person eg Thief, for a person who wrongfully takes the property belonging to another, if not the property will Never Move and the owner will find it where he left it. Same for killers, Liars, Whoremongers, etc
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Dtruthspeaker: 5:42pm On Nov 29, 2020
Kobojunkiee:

grin sorry you misunderstood, I did not say nor infer that you attend Catholic church.(your hatred for dem no be small one) grin what I was saying to christianokaro was that you may have had an experience with a church not being able to fulfil your spiritual needs, as expressed in one of your post where you explained that you were once an atheist and all your experience through those times.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Child Born Out Of Wedlock Is It "God's Plan For Us?? / The Interpretation Of The Dream Of When Sand Is Being Pour On Someone / 14 Things That God Hates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.