Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,090 members, 7,814,790 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) (1036 Views)

The True Religion To Salvation / Apostle Suleman: "Buying A 3rd Jet Doesn't Mean Owning 3 Jets" / Nobody Needs Jesus Or Religion to be Righteous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Christianokaro(m): 11:41am On Nov 29, 2020
We live in a time where the very essence of religion be it Christianity, Islam or even traditional is questioned. A time where mostly only the division factor is highlighted.

Well, not to discredit the fact that time and again, religion is being used as a tool for propaganda by desperate clerics and politicians alike but what we cannot take away from religion is this;

In a society like ours where majority of the population has and are still being failed by government, leaders and even society. A time where the very essence of reproduction is questioned by the common man as to why bring an innocent child into a nation like our's, where it seems like there's no future in view, religion becomes the major restorer of hope, vision, sanity, and even faith in what looks like a failed state.

The pastors might not be perfect just like you aren't perfect. But that doesn't take away the function of the church. Take away the church and I tell you suicide will be on the high, same goes crime.

Here's my own 2 cents today. Hope we all went to church?

Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Dtruthspeaker: 11:47am On Nov 29, 2020
Christianokaro:
We live in a time where the very essence of religion be it Christianity, Islam or even traditional is questioned. A time where mostly only the division factor is highlighted.

Well, not to discredit the fact that time and again, religion is being used as a tool for propaganda by desperate clerics and politicians alike but what we cannot take away from religion is this;

In a society like ours where majority of the population has and are still being failed by government, leaders and even society. A time where the very essence of reproduction is questioned by the common man as to why bring an innocent child into a nation like our's, where it seems like there's no future in view, religion becomes the major restorer of hope, vision, sanity, and even faith in what looks like a failed state.

The pastors might not be perfect just like you aren't perfect. But that doesn't take away the function of the church. Take away the church and I tell you suicide will be on the high, same goes crime.

Here's my own 2 cents today. Hope we all went to church?

All you have said just puts meaning and declares the Truth of the Word of God when he said "And the earth shall be darkened"

No place on the face of the earth is good!

1 Like

Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by XXXXTENTACION: 11:58am On Nov 29, 2020
Religion or no religion live move on.

religion can be useful to thirdworld countries because it gives the poor masses an illusion of hope. undecided
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Christianokaro(m): 12:03pm On Nov 29, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

All you have said just puts meaning and declares the Truth of the Word of God when he said "And the earth shall be darkened"

No place on the face of the earth is good!

By his blood we are exempted
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Christianokaro(m): 12:05pm On Nov 29, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:

religion can be useful to thirdworld countries because it gives the poor masses an illusion of hope. undecided

Call it an illusion but what I know is it keeps them going, pushing and fighting. Take away religion and see if you'll be safe
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Dtruthspeaker: 12:12pm On Nov 29, 2020
Christianokaro:

By his blood we are exempted

No, Not Really.

It is Only Those Who Are Truly In Him (Raptured) that are Secured and Dwell Safely!

And this is the Law "I know my Sheep"

So I ask all those claiming His death and Resurrection, Does The Lord, Really and Truly Know you and would He Say "Truly, you are my own?"
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by XXXXTENTACION: 12:14pm On Nov 29, 2020
Christianokaro:

Call it an illusion but what I know is it keeps them going, pushing and fighting. Take away religion and see if you'll be safe
Religion does'nt keep us safe at all undecided

Infact religion is the bedrock on which extremists use to perpetrate violence. Without religion we would not have groups like ISWAP, BOKO HARAM e.t.c who go about killing and commiting crimes all for their religion.

If religion is what keeps people safe Nigeria would have been the safest country in the world. undecided
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Christianokaro(m): 12:15pm On Nov 29, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

No, Not Really.

It is Only Those Who Are Truly In Him (Raptured) that are Secured and Dwell Safely!

I believe by his blood, we shall be exempted if we believe.
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Christianokaro(m): 12:19pm On Nov 29, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:

Infact religion is the bedrock on which extremists use to perpetrate violence. Without religion we would not have groups like ISWAP, BOKO HARAM e.t.c who go about killing and commiting crimes all for their religion.

If religion is what keeps people safe Nigeria would have been the safest country in the world. undecided

If you read the post, you'll see that I said time and again, religion is being used to cause disunity. That's on the negative but do you know how many people that are only still sane by the word from the pulpit?
Do you know how many lives that have been touched? How many thieves that dropped theft just by hearing the word from the pulpit?
A lot of people would have resolved to suicide if not for churches telling them to look to the lord. It gives hope.
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Dtruthspeaker: 12:20pm On Nov 29, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:

Religion is regular doing of things and it is regular for people to be hopeful for help and assistance.
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Dtruthspeaker: 12:23pm On Nov 29, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:

The Religion of Doing Wickedness and Evil keeps No One safe, which is what you have even described up there.
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Christianokaro(m): 12:24pm On Nov 29, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Religion is regular doing of things and it regular for people to be hopeful for help and assistance.

If it's regular for people to be hopeful like you said, why then do people commit suicide? Do you mean they do it for fun?
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Dtruthspeaker: 12:27pm On Nov 29, 2020
Christianokaro:

If you read the post, you'll see that I said time and again, religion is being used to cause disunity. That's on the negative but do you know how many people that are only still sane by the word from the pulpit?
Do you know how many lives that have been touched? How many thieves that dropped theft just by hearing the word from the pulpit?
A lot of people would have resolved to suicide if not for churches telling them to look to the lord. It gives hope.

It is hope that gives hope! However, through the Bible, we were Fore-Warned that if we do not stop the Religion of Doing Wickedness, God will Remove His Hand from the world and the world would die.

Man did not stop and God has Truly removed His Hand and now, we truly see the world dying!
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Christianokaro(m): 12:29pm On Nov 29, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

The Religion of Doing Wickedness and Evil keeps No One safe, which is what you have even described up there.

���
I don't think there's a religion intended for evil though.
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by XXXXTENTACION: 12:32pm On Nov 29, 2020
Christianokaro:

Well religion has positive effects and negative effects. But in terms of comparison the negative effects out way the benefits. undecided

1 Like

Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Christianokaro(m): 12:33pm On Nov 29, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

It is hope that gives hope! However, through the Bible, we were Fore-Warned that if we do not stop the Religion of Doing Wickedness, God will Remove His Hand from the world and the world would die.

Man did not stop and God has Truly removed His Hand and now, we truly see the world dying!

In that same Bible, God talked about how he'll exempt his people from the calamity that will sweep the world. It is in that exemption that the church draws its hope.
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by XXXXTENTACION: 12:36pm On Nov 29, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

All religions today paint themselves to be good.

nobody will agree with you that his own religion is bad. undecided

but if we are to analyze things in general you will find that each religion has its own bad sides and negative norms.

1 Like

Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by XXXXTENTACION: 12:38pm On Nov 29, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Religion is regular doing of things and it is regular for people to be hopeful for help and assistance.
The truth is what if those help and assistance never come to pass

1 Like

Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 29, 2020
Opium of the masses

1 Like

Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Christianokaro(m): 12:40pm On Nov 29, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Well religion has positive effects and negative effects. But in terms of comparison the negative effects out way the benefits. undecided

I don't think so. Imagine Nigeria, in its current state without religion. Chaos!
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Christianokaro(m): 12:41pm On Nov 29, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:

but if we are to analyze things in general you will find that each religion has its own bad sides and negative norms.

Gbamsolutely!
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Christianokaro(m): 12:42pm On Nov 29, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
The truth is what if those help and assistance never come to pass

Leave that to the people's faith and their God
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Dtruthspeaker: 1:00pm On Nov 29, 2020
Christianokaro:

If it's regular for people to be hopeful like you said, why then do people commit suicide? Do you mean they do it for fun?

You know the Truth and you could have still asked your question without the need of imputing any inference on my behalf.

In Answer to your question, I Respond by saying I am Regretfully Compelled To say that those who commit suicide, do it because having examined their life in spirit and Truth, they know and have come to the conclusion and judgment that do not deserve "Eternal Life" Nor Any good thing.

And This is The Law
1Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night
3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

The ungodly are not so: they shall cry and none shall hear, they shall always be afraid having no peace and always in many distresses, under the shadow of death and drawing near unto the gates of hell!

This is the way laid before all men to choose in which way that they should go, The Way of The Lord or their own way!
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Dtruthspeaker: 1:04pm On Nov 29, 2020
Christianokaro:

���
I don't think there's a religion intended for evil though.

Even with Boko Haram and Police Murderings you still say this? shocked
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Christianokaro(m): 1:05pm On Nov 29, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

You know the Truth and you could have still asked your question without the need of imputing any inference on my behalf.

In Answer to your question, I Respond by saying I am Regretfully Compelled To say that those who commit suicide, do it because having examined their life in spirit and Truth, they know and have come to the conclusion and judgment that do not deserve "Eternal Life" Nor Any good thing.

And This is The Law
1Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night
3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

The ungodly are not so: they shall cry and none shall hear, they shall always be afraid having no peace and always in many distresses, under the shadow of death and drawing near unto the gates of hell!

This is the way laid before all men to choose in which way that they should go, The Way of The Lord or their own way!

Not same Bible telling us how God does not want the death of a sinner?
Truth is, people commit suicide when they loose touch of hope. You'll agree with me that the church restores hope.
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by XXXXTENTACION: 1:06pm On Nov 29, 2020
Christianokaro:

I don't think so. Imagine Nigeria, in its current state without religion. Chaos!
Without religion Nigeria would be much more better than this.

As Nigerians with religion you can already see the effects.
1) poverty capital of the world
2) high crime rates
3) high rates of kidnappings
4) hunger in the land
5) poor infrastructure e.t.c
if truly religion can actually solves problems Nigeria would have been a better place.

Nigeria without religion would not be worse than this.
Nigeria without religion make people to wake up to reality.
the reality that religion solves nothing it only give us an illusion of hope. But science solve problems.

check all the developed countries in the world today they did not achieve anything by relying on religion all the developed countries today rely on science not religion.

with this i can tell you that science is the new religion. cool
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Christianokaro(m): 1:10pm On Nov 29, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Even with Boko Haram and Police Murderings you still say this? shocked

In every religion there will always be hypocrites. I'm a Christian yet I understand that not all tradionalists practice evil, I have Muslim friends and trust me they are good people who just want to survive as much as me.

Its individuals who decide to do evil and they cut across all religion, tribes and regions in our country.
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Christianokaro(m): 1:13pm On Nov 29, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Without religion Nigeria would be much more better than this.

As Nigerians with religion you can already see the effects.
1) poverty capital of the world
2) high crime rates
3) high rates of kidnappings
4) hunger in the land
5) poor infrastructure e.t.c
if truly religion can actually solves problems Nigeria would have been a better place.

Nigeria without religion would not be worse than this.
Nigeria without religion make people to wake up to reality.
the reality that religion solves nothing it only give us an illusion of hope. But science solve problems.

check all the developed countries in the world today they did not achieve anything by relying on religion all the developed countries today rely on science not religion.

with this i can tell you that science is the new religion. cool

Even in that America that we all so love to talk about as though we really wished we were born there, with all their science and technology, the place of religion is still very solid.

One does not have to cancel the other.
You think Nigeria without religion would have been better? Okay, that's fine.
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Dtruthspeaker: 1:15pm On Nov 29, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:

It is not the Regular Practice that is speaking, it is the Man who is himself committing those offences and Doing That which he Does Regularly, that is speaking. It is the case of a Student Marking his own Exam Papers and Declaring the Result. Such Results have Never Been Accepted by Anybody As True, it is Lie.

Unless and Until Another Independent Person grades those Exam Papers, to which we have all graded and it is the Judgment that the Persons Fail!

1 Like

Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Dtruthspeaker: 1:18pm On Nov 29, 2020
Christianokaro:

In every religion there will always be hypocrites. I'm a Christian yet I understand that not all tradionalists practice evil, I have Muslim friends and trust me they are good people who just want to survive as much as me.

Its individuals who decide to do evil and they cut across all religion, tribes and regions in our country.

Suicide too is individualized same as Judgement!
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by Christianokaro(m): 1:27pm On Nov 29, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Suicide too is individualized same as Judgement!

Yes it is and that's why we've seen people do that over issues we find as shallow. Our individual capability to move on amidst depression varies. That's where the hope from Religion comes in. A lot of depressed people don't talk about their issues, there's deficit of trust among friends and family members however, a little motivation from the pulpit could relighten their hope
Re: The Benefit Of Religion To A 3rd World Country(Nigeria) by XXXXTENTACION: 1:28pm On Nov 29, 2020
Christianokaro:

Even in that America that we all so love to talk about as though we really wished we were born there, with all their science and technology, the place of religion is still very solid.

One does not have to cancel the other.
You think Nigeria without religion would have been better? Okay, that's fine.
like i said religion is important because it gives people an illusion of hope during hard times.

like during this coronavirus pandemic alot of people are depressed but with religion.undecided you know when you feel sad you can easily look up and remember that you have one big daddy up there in heaven who cares alot about you. That alone gives people hope and keeps them going. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Precious Quotes / 14 Things That God Hates / Zephaniah 3:10 My Scattered People Who Live Beyond The Rivers Of Ethiopia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.