Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta (60926 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Bauchi City, The Pearl Of Tourism And The Gateway Tonorthe / Road Drive From Akwa Ibom Airport To Uyo City / My Review Of Uyo City, Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by collinshush: 3:01pm On Dec 06, 2020
FOXDOSSIER So your madness has gotten to rediting my post before quoting. Nawaoo.

Make I jejely hands off, maka na adighi abụọ ayi ara.., I was thinking that your madness still dey curable but I can see I'm wrong.

Biko go find another person yisa the ara..., ike gị a gwogo mụ.
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by AustineJohn908(m): 10:27pm On Dec 11, 2020
Bofoy4:
I spend some months there and it was fun

the city is growing rapidly and the government ment business.

The people are peaceful and accommodating

small scale businesses are doing well

I went there for Tilling work at Aka Rd
the city is Nice i must confess
Really? thanks for your fair assertion of Uyo
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by ednut1(m): 8:03pm On Jan 09, 2021
Other SS states are busy blaming the north

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Coldie(m): 8:04pm On Jan 09, 2021
Congratulations
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by iKON11(m): 8:05pm On Jan 09, 2021
Seeing this makes me wonder who do Benue like this
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by libson001(m): 8:06pm On Jan 09, 2021
These are all Akpabio's projects...can you show me that of Udom?

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 09, 2021
Rossnitti:

Yes it is. ...And it's not even near the national capital or major cities.

Just a little town in some remote corner of the country.

In most other African countries like Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, etc, this level of development can only be seen in the national capital.

Not so in our federal republic.

That is why we call Nigeria the Giant of Africa.

Are you sure you've ever left the shores of Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Omoslim26: 8:08pm On Jan 09, 2021
Goalnaldo:
Beautiful. Is this Nigeria? The future of that City is bright

If the evil politifcians don't end up loothing it to coma

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 09, 2021
Movic1:
Akwa Ibom is beautiful. The beauty of the state is not focused on the state capital alone..

Top 5 Most beautiful state including the fct.

Lagos
Abuja
Rivers state
Akwa Ibom
Oyo State.
have you been to Enugu?
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by lagdmark(m): 8:09pm On Jan 09, 2021
Rossnitti:

In most other African countries like Ghana, Kenya, Rwanda, etc, this level of development can only be seen in the national capital.

Tell them.
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by pocohantas(f): 8:13pm On Jan 09, 2021
Their roads are neat and similar. Missed my way, but thanks to Google Map and a hawker.

The second pic was the point I cleared and activated my Google Map. grin

3 Likes

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by book0113: 8:13pm On Jan 09, 2021
Praxis758:
I see Uyo taking the lead as the fastest growing city in SS and also the most beautiful city in that region.

All they need is a consistence concentration of policies and practical implementation of the ongoing infrastructural master plan that's giving it a facelift.

Akpabio really tried in laying then foundations that birthed this beautiful city.
Akpabio stole but he developed the state to a modern city. If all governor's could replicate this feat in their respective states, our country will be the better for it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by heniford2: 8:13pm On Jan 09, 2021
Movic1:
Akwa Ibom is beautiful. The beauty of the state is not focused on the state capital alone..

Lagos
Abuja
Rivers state
Akwa Ibom
Oyo State.
Enugu nko
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Shadysen: 8:13pm On Jan 09, 2021
Movic1:

Lagos
Abuja
Rivers state
Akwa Ibom
Oyo State.
am I seeing Rivers State there?

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by patrickmuf(m): 8:14pm On Jan 09, 2021
Beautiful...OP please add names to the pictures so intending visitors can check the places out...

Ayade has to wake else Calabar will be left far behind...We're already behind.
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by pat077: 8:18pm On Jan 09, 2021
Movic1:

Lagos
Abuja
Rivers state
Akwa Ibom
Oyo State.
comot oyo from the list

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by martineverest(m): 8:19pm On Jan 09, 2021
Rossnitti:

lol..pls remove Kenya and rwanda from your list
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Shadysen: 8:20pm On Jan 09, 2021
UnBanEbenezer:
where is this?
how can I locate this place?
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by emmadeking(m): 8:24pm On Jan 09, 2021
Rossntti:

If you're referring to the Four Points By Sheraton, yes it is.
Its not in Uyo. Ikot Ekpene I think.
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by AustineJohn908(m): 8:24pm On Jan 09, 2021
pocohantas:
Their roads are neat and similar. Missed my way, but thanks to Google Map and a hawker.

The second pic was the point I cleared and activated my Google Map. grin
Well I hope you enjoyed your stay there?
By the way you can add more pics to keep the thread going and you can also tell us what improvement you're hoping the city would've gotten by the time you return to visit next time.

2 Likes

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by EM123: 8:25pm On Jan 09, 2021
Rossnitti:

bro please don't repeat what you just said . Let me ask you , have you been to ghana , kenya , rwanda ? Kenya capital is far more beautiful than abuja nigeria fedral capital, not to talk of ghana , even our nigeria celebreties are even testifying about it .
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by AnthonyAk(m): 8:27pm On Jan 09, 2021
See my village
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Okuda(m): 8:27pm On Jan 09, 2021
this is what lsgos is supposed to be. Lagos is sn overrated populated piece of shit.

3 Likes

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Accurate11(m): 8:28pm On Jan 09, 2021
God forbid! Imo no fine at all, with their bad n dusty road starting from Owerri, Orlu, Okigwe etc
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by JoeEeL(m): 8:29pm On Jan 09, 2021
Nigerians make me sick.

Idiots celebrating mediocrity!

Oil money drilling for 60 years and see what idiots are celebrating?

Weaponised poverty eating away at the brains of Nigerian fools.

Same way some praise Lagos. Suffering and smiling mofos.

8 Likes

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by boogietrends: 8:29pm On Jan 09, 2021
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by Abagworo(m): 8:29pm On Jan 09, 2021
Uyo is in Southeastern Nigeria not Delta.
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by LordErrk: 8:29pm On Jan 09, 2021

That is why we call Nigeria the Giant of Africa.[/quote

Stop comparing one of the largest oil producing country in the world to countries with way less natural resources. Even those countries you mentioned are doing way better than Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by AFONJACOW(m): 8:33pm On Jan 09, 2021
NIGERIA should start having downtowns , it add values
Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by belcom10(m): 8:33pm On Jan 09, 2021
I visited tilapia resort in Abak Uyo road Last Christmas. Mehn that afang soup was wow.

My observation in terms of development, the present administration should also do well like the previous government. Akwa ibom to the world.

1 Like

Re: Uyo City - The Rising Colossus Of The Delta by chijokz(m): 8:34pm On Jan 09, 2021
SmartPolician:
Hate him or love him, the works of Godswill Akpabio will always speak for him and his family.

Before now, Calabar was overshadowing Uyo, but Akpabio came aboard and changed the narratives. May God continue to bless him.
I beg to differ.
His predecessor Victor Attah began changing the narrative and set the foundation on which Akpabio continued.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pictures Of Lockdown In My Area. (Asokoro District Abuja). / How Were They Able To Construct The Great Pyramid Without Modern Machineries? / Man Cries Out As He Spots Anthony Truck With The Container On It About To Fall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.