Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo - Culture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo (58170 Views)

Ibo Word That Mean The Same In Edo / Check Out This Yoruba Words For A Glutton / Every Word In Ancient Hebrew Torah Are in Yoruba words; sample GEN 9 ver 21-24 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by favour32(m): 8:19pm On Dec 08, 2020
Guestlander:

Even though you are lying, we understand your juvenile and dumb attempt at stirring up a tribal fight.
He is a Northern Nigeria online warrior.
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by 9jakool: 8:23pm On Dec 08, 2020
Uchasa:

I said what I said based on the average Yoruba man greedy attitude in dragging what he didn't work for.
Edo is not a major oil-producing state in Nigeria, so I don't know how this is about Yoruba greed of Niger-Delta oil. An average Yoruba commoner is not an oil baron and the actual oil thieves hindering progress of Niger Delta are more than united regardless of what tribe they come from. That's where your attention should be on.
Some Yorubas claim some parts of Edo are Yoruba land,but they are wrong!!!! No inch in Niger Delta belongs to you thieves!
You are just bitter and I don't know who hurt you. Identity cannot be imposed as long as there is free will to reject it. Yorubas don't have to "claim" Edo State to be apart of the Niger Delta as Ilaje in Ondo State are also apart of the so-called Niger Delta. But, on the matter of claiming parts of Edo State (I'm not talking about Akoko-Edo), there are some spillover Yoruba villages in Ovia NE and Ovia SW local governments near the border with Ondo State.
You guys are blinded with our oil that's why you want to claim any ethnicity in the Niger Delta that has little similarity with you guys.
Now we are talking! Is this your point all along? Yes Yoruba are so blinded by the insubstancial oil found in Edo State that's also disputed between the Binis and Ijaw. Does that even make sense?
You guys should be contented with your 6 states and your cocoa,even the oil rich part of Ondo state is Ijaw land,so leave them alone.
Stay away from our oil and learn tell your people to be hardworking!!!
Edo is not Yoruba!!!!
Itshekiri is not Yoruba!!!
Illaje is not Yoruba!!!!
Ijaw is not Yoruba!!!
Actually Yorubas are native to 6 states in the SW + 2 states in the NC + the border villages in Edo State, so making a majority in 7 states and a minority in 2 states. You saying Ilaje is not Yoruba only contradicts the point you are trying to make. Here you are doing Niger-Delta attache by force with Ilaje people who have not expressed any reasons to indicate they are not Yoruba.
Also the oil in Ondo State is offshore and the only coastal LGA that can claim the offshore oil in Ondo are the Ilajes.
I hope you can heal and find happiness in life because you sound very bitter in your post.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Unclekayfarms: 8:27pm On Dec 08, 2020
God777:

Stop talking nonsense, you are making we yorubas look foolish
Maybe you're the one that is
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Unclekayfarms: 8:30pm On Dec 08, 2020
GreaterFuture:

Ogun is the god of Iron and metals, not god of thunder. Also the God of The hunters and the Blacksmiths.
Thanks for d correction

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by God777: 8:32pm On Dec 08, 2020
Unclekayfarms:

Maybe you're the one that is

You are acting like an illerate continue
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Etinosa123456: 8:34pm On Dec 08, 2020
Ustec:

undecided
Ogbeni, Go to ado-ekiti and hear things for yourself.
Benin's are Yorubas just like ondo people.
Yorubas are Benin just like esan people .. if e pain u kee yasef

Benin that is in a different language group(Edoid) than the Yoruba(Yoruboid)is what u are tagging as Yoruba

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Unclekayfarms: 8:36pm On Dec 08, 2020
God777:

You are acting like an illerate continue
You're still describing yourself
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by God777: 8:38pm On Dec 08, 2020
Unclekayfarms:

You're still describing yourself

Better go and focus on your okro farm grin
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Uchasa(m): 9:14pm On Dec 08, 2020
9jakool:

Edo is not a major oil-producing state in Nigeria, so I don't know how this is about Yoruba greed of Niger-Delta oil. An average Yoruba commoner is not an oil baron and the actual oil thieves hindering progress of Niger Delta are more than united regardless of what tribe they come from. That's where your attention should be on.

You are just bitter and I don't know who hurt you. Identity cannot be imposed as long as there is free will to reject it. Yorubas don't have to "claim" Edo State to be apart of the Niger Delta as Ilaje in Ondo State are also apart of the so-called Niger Delta. But, on the matter of claiming parts of Edo State (I'm not talking about Akoko-Edo), there are some spillover Yoruba villages in Ovia NE and Ovia SW local governments near the border Ondo State.

Now we are talking! Is this your point all along. Yes Yoruba are so blinded by the insubstancial oil found in Edo State that's also disputed between the Binis and Ijaw. Does that even make sense?

Actually Yorubas are native to 6 states in the SW + 2 states in the NC + the border villages in Edo State, so making a majority in 7 states and a minority in 2 states. You saying Ilaje is not Yoruba only contradicts the point you are trying to make. Here you are doing Niger-Delta attache by force with Ilaje people who have not expressed any reasons to indicate they are not Yoruba.
Also the oil in Ondo State is offshore and the only coastal LGA that can claim the offshore oil in Ondo are the Ilajes.
I hope you can heal and find happiness in life because you sound very bitter in your post.

All these shows how desperate you thieves want to have our oil.
Stay away from Niger Delta you greedy morons!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Housing(m): 9:19pm On Dec 08, 2020
Go and read history, Benin is part of Yoruba. Early political history proof Benin to be part of Western Region.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Revolva(m): 9:35pm On Dec 08, 2020
Yoruba is the son of Oduduwa (Ekalerdahan ) a Benin prince who married an igala woman after he escaped on exile up above the river niger in after settling in idah for a while and later migrated down and found the Yoruba kingdom in ife

You have to reason why igala language and Yoruba language are very similar

It's because their mother is igala and the mother tongue influence made it possible for that

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Ideadoctor(m): 10:07pm On Dec 08, 2020
Revolva:
Yoruba is the son of Oduduwa (Ekalerdahan ) a Benin prince who married an igala woman after he escaped on exile up above the river niger in after settling in idah for a while and later migrated down and found the Yoruba kingdom in ife

You have to reason why igala language and Yoruba language are very similar

It's because their mother is igala and the mother tongue influence made it possible for that

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Ideadoctor(m): 10:08pm On Dec 08, 2020
I sight a fresh idiot

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Etinosa123456: 10:34pm On Dec 08, 2020
Housing:
Go and read history, Benin is part of Yoruba. Early political history proof Benin to be part of Western Region.

Tiv was part of northern region... Does that mean they are hausas?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by OsamaB: 11:37pm On Dec 08, 2020
Iamgrey5:
This map is absolutely a fiction of imagination of someone and inaccurate

The Ado had not arrived Lagos at that time

Ilaje was never under Benin empire rule at any point in its history.

And Oyo ruled over Ketu and Abadomey at that time.

Take note that I have referred to c.1580 and not c. 1780 (Oyo empire at its greatest period). Indeed, Ketu and other kingdoms or confederacies owed direct allegiance to Oyo until a significant decline by 1836.

As for Ilaje been part of Benin empire, the Oba Orhogbua had engaged in the military campaign that expanded the empire into riverine territories. This was between c. 1550-1578. So, you can verify from existing literature on weather Edo had arrived Lagos at that time.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by OsamaB: 11:58pm On Dec 08, 2020
Alaska90:

I told you to differentiate between influence and being under empire

There is nothing in history both written and oral to suggest that Benin was directly ruling these places in this map

They influenced many place for example Owo culture of beads

The Bini historian, Chief Egharevba, first mentions Owo in connection with an incident during the reign of King Ewuare the Great (who assumed the crown c. A.D. 1440). Egharevba says that "Owo rebelled during Ewuare’s time, and that Iken, a powerful chief at Uselu, near Benin City, was dispatched with a large army to quell the insurrection". “After short but severe fighting, they (Owo) surrendered.” Iken himself was later killed, after sending his soldiers, captives and spoils to Benin City.

I also understand that Owo also has its oral tradition, which stated that they had a diplomatic relationship with Benin. Again, it now becomes a case of "Until the Lion tells his side of the story".
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by MSGAMBLE9: 12:24am On Dec 09, 2020
Balogunodua:

After your ancestors have been disgraced by TAO cheesy she even made you her rag.. grin
i missed TAO here
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Etrusen(m): 12:36am On Dec 09, 2020
TAO11:
A dumb question as is to be expected.

Monarchy is homegrown in Yorubaland. We are princes and princesses. We have an interrelated system of kingdomS, not just one simplistic kingdom.

The actual issue you should really be pondering is as follows:

Benin Kingdom is only one simplistic kingdom, yet it fought a 32 year long war against itself from 1689 to 1721

In fact, during this war against itself, Benin city was grounded, sacked and reduced to a mere village.

cc: Alaska90, VirginFinder, Ideadoctor, Ustec

so Igbo is one kingdom right?
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by TAO11(f): 12:38am On Dec 09, 2020
Etrusen:
Another dumb question from a dullard.

What’s my business with what Igbo is? Go and ask an Igbo person about precolonial Igbo land.

I was simply exposing your “dullardism” w.r.t. your comment on Yoruba kingdoms vis-a-vis Benin kingdom.

I think you love to be disgraced.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Etrusen(m): 12:44am On Dec 09, 2020
TAO11:
Anotherre dumb question from a dullard.

What’s my business with that? Go and ask an Igbo person how things were run in their time.

I was simply exposing your “dullardism”

this really expose your continuous lies on half scripted message to suit your own argument

keep on lying and insulting yourself since it is gives you joy in argument
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by TAO11(f): 12:46am On Dec 09, 2020
Etrusen:
[s]this really expose your continuous lies on half scripted message to suit your own argument. keep on lying and insulting yourself since it is gives you joy in argument[/s]
I’m glad you just confirmed that you have nothing sensible to say. grin

Listen up, scum of the earth: I will continue disgracing you all over Nairaland until you cease to be a pathological liar and unrepentant Bini dullard.

Cheers!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by MSGAMBLE9: 12:53am On Dec 09, 2020
Nikiballer:

How you take know,na dem tell you....

No dey bobo us for here
there is an OAP bearing Wale Ozolua (Beat fm) and no be intermarriage na Edo boy thru and thru
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Etrusen(m): 1:18am On Dec 09, 2020
MSGAMBLE9:
there is an OAP bearing Wale Ozolua (Beat fm) and no be intermarriage na Edo boy thru and thru

Oga check or ask question properly you will see that guy didnt get his name from Edo

or you can search for modupe ozolua then ask yourself who is oba ozolua to edo north people
and also what language is spoken in especially Akoko_ edo

before you now decide where this your OAP got his name from

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by MSGAMBLE9: 1:25am On Dec 09, 2020
Etrusen:

Oga check or ask question properly you will see that guy didnt get his name from Edo
from Edo? What do you mean..Wale Ozolua is a confirmed Edo boy, both his mom and dad ( a lawyer) are Edo...he is the station manager of Beat fm ibadan not an obscure personality, just type the name on google pls
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Etrusen(m): 1:28am On Dec 09, 2020
MSGAMBLE9:
from Edo? What do you mean..Wale Ozolua is a confirmed Edo boy, both his mom and dad ( a lawyer) are Edo...he is the station manager of Beat fm ibadan not an obscure personality, just type the name on google pls

read my first answer again
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by MSGAMBLE9: 1:35am On Dec 09, 2020
Etrusen:

read my first answer again
Are you saying he is from Akoko-Edo? Maybe a 39 years old man doesn't know his lineage then

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Etrusen(m): 1:38am On Dec 09, 2020
MSGAMBLE9:
Are you saying he is from Akoko-Edo? Maybe a 39 years old man doesn't know his lineage then

have u check for what I ask u?

and for knowing of lineage

its possible he dont know his origin irrespective of age my friend.

but

this our proud Benin descendant called modupe knows her origin

even if her name sound Yoruba but her ancestral surname don't lie
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by MSGAMBLE9: 1:58am On Dec 09, 2020
Etrusen:

have u check for what I ask u?

and for knowing of lineage

its possible he dont know his origin irrespective of age my friend.

but

this our proud Benin descendant called modupe knows her origin

even if her name sound Yoruba but her ancestral surname don't lie
One thing you dont know about Yoruba ppl is that they are very proud of thier Lineage, even those in Kogi, kwara, Cuba etc.

Wale speak Yoruba, huasa and igbo fluently buh always refers to himself as Edo-man.

He is a popular OAP and easily accessible on twitter and insta

May we live matter jaree!
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Etrusen(m): 2:06am On Dec 09, 2020
MSGAMBLE9:
One thing you dont know about Yoruba ppl is that they are very proud of thier Lineage, even those in Kogi, kwara, Cuba etc.

Wale speak Yoruba, huasa and igbo fluently buh always refers to himself as Edo-man.

He is a popular OAP and easily accessible on twitter and insta

May we live matter jaree!

my dear the Edo man he talking about is referring to the state ....Edo state.

nothing more
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by MSGAMBLE9: 2:36am On Dec 09, 2020
Etrusen:

my dear the Edo man he talking about is referring to the state ....Edo state.

nothing more
O.k, the same parent wey neva gree im marry yoruba lady.

He is a Msc holder in Sociology, so you think he doesnt know the different btw claiming to be an Edo man, the state and his enthnicity?

Just chat him up to clear your doubt.

You weak me.
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by emmasege: 5:05am On Dec 09, 2020
Meninmen:
[[s]quote author=emmasege post=96853888]It's an incontrovertible fact that Benin Kingdom emanated from Ile-Ife, so it's not surprising that they share many things in common.

As a matter of fact, Edo and Delta are more of south-west than south-east. [/s]

Benin Kingdom wanted from Ile-Ife? Trash talk. Go learn your history well.

Please watch this vide and hear the Oba of Benin allude to the fact that he is a direct descendant of Oranmiyan and Oduduwa, and stop arguing blindly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPFuOlZSfM4
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Ideadoctor(m): 5:20am On Dec 09, 2020
Etrusen:

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Groomsmen In Igbo Traditional Attire Will Make Ladies Drool (pictures) / Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) / Ooni Ogunwusi Wedding Invitation & Details,To Marry Wuraola Obanor Next Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.