Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,194 members, 7,829,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo (58461 Views)

Ibo Word That Mean The Same In Edo / Check Out This Yoruba Words For A Glutton / Every Word In Ancient Hebrew Torah Are in Yoruba words; sample GEN 9 ver 21-24 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by gregyboy(m): 3:42pm On Dec 08, 2020
Ideadoctor:
Oranmiyan who founded the oba dynasty, gave the name Benin, and those who descended through him are known by these name, but the term Edo is not found in Yoruba vocabulary, the logic there is that the ones called Benin carries oranmiyan blood, and oranmiyan is a Yoruba man

Would you keep quite with your oromiyan myth
Can you even prove oromiyan was from ife not to say him coming to benin

Would you stop indulging in mythical fallacy as history

Do you want me to show you old documents on benin history of oba dynasty which does not support any oromiyan or ife whatsoever

Ife, this and ife that

Nonsense

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 08, 2020
Ideadoctor:
Yoruba people are united by common language, common anscenstor, common cult, common pantheon of gods,common history and common way of thinking, not necessarily by name

Common grin....Yoruba Muslim view about your "oduduwa" is different from the traditionalist and idol worshippers,Una great great father's no even gather head together to tell you lots Una history well grin,I have evidences to prove this....

If your oduduwa is from Mecca and Saudi Arabia,how come Una no be core Muslims and have similar things in common to HAUSA who is believed to be brothers of bayajidda and come from the same Mecca than us BENIN....

If oduduwa is from Mecca,your CULTURE SHOULD BE SIMILAR TO HAUSAS AND THE ARABS THAN THE EDO PEOPLE
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by jneutron4000: 3:42pm On Dec 08, 2020
Nikiballer:

Na our prodigal Prince wey dey find wetin no lost I blame too,wey trek from Benin to ILE-IFE,carry our sculpture,arts and everything teach Una..

See today now,ordinary Tinubu dey influence who go become OONI......EDO NO BE YORUBA OR LAGOS!!!! Gba'be,know this and know peace
Hahahaha, Eweka lineage try sha, they perfected their theory of runner away Prince to the extent that the Benins defend it with all their heart. Go and read about the Ekiokpagha treaty then your eyes shall be opened grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by gregyboy(m): 3:46pm On Dec 08, 2020
Balogunodua:

After you disgraced our ancestors gregyboy cheesy you even made her your rag.. grin

Ooh good nice comment from Balogunodua, i hope you have stopped your useless question like the ones you love asking what is the meaning of oba in benin even tho i keep telling you is king

Aka Shinnyseki grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 08, 2020
Ideadoctor:
how did Benin influence yoruba

Oduduwa is from middle East and Saudi Arabia,your culture should be similar to the HAUSAS and Arabs than Benin...hope you get?
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by CocoaOla: 3:47pm On Dec 08, 2020
The two obas, oba of Benin and Oba of ife and along with your ancestor as agreed that they are family

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNJKaDQTrRM

Naira land children the real elders has spoken stop the stupid noise and argument
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 08, 2020
jneutron4000:
Hahahaha, Eweka lineage try sha, they perfected their theory of runner away Prince to the extent that the Benins defend it with all their heart. Go and read about the Ekiokpagha treaty then your eyes shall be opened grin grin

WHAT DOES ODUDUWA MEAN IN YORUBA?
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Etinosa123456: 3:50pm On Dec 08, 2020
jneutron4000:
hahaha you honestly think Yoruba want to attach to you? If Nigeria divides today, We Yorubas will build a border wall at Ore grin grin

Good News

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Balogunodua(m): 3:53pm On Dec 08, 2020
gregyboy:

Ooh good nice comment from Balogunodua, i hope you have stopped your useless question like the ones you love asking what is the meaning of oba in benin even tho i keep telling you is king

Aka Shinnyseki grin grin grin

Stale.... cheesy

You edit my comment when you have nothing to say....an average Benin man can't think for themselves cheesy they are use to rewriting other people words....TAO11 was right afterall... grin

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by okosodo: 3:55pm On Dec 08, 2020
Juliusmalema:

wow
Chicken is okhokho in edo
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 08, 2020
Them no even know their origin grin grin cheesy and they won claim us......

Shey ODUDUWA trek come ILE-IFE from Mecca ni abi e fall from sky undecided

Make Una choose 1 undecided

Some others done dey claim say dem no be oduduwa pikin grin grin

WAHALA

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Balogunodua(m): 3:55pm On Dec 08, 2020
Nikiballer:

Oduduwa is from middle East and Saudi Arabia,your culture should be similar to the HAUSAS and Arabs than Benin...hope you get?
So says an Edo miscreant....

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Balogunodua(m): 3:59pm On Dec 08, 2020
gregyboy:

Would you keep quite with your oromiyan myth
Can you even prove oromiyan was from ife not to say him coming to benin

Would you stop indulging in mythical fallacy as history

Do you want me to show you old documents on benin history of oba dynasty which does not support any oromiyan or ife whatsoever

Ife, this and ife that

Nonsense
Trolling with my comment is a stale one grey.... grin
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 08, 2020
Balogunodua:

So says an Edo miscreant....

Ori e buru,omo-ale grin grin as you no get points to counter me,that is the best you can come up with
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by OsamaB: 4:04pm On Dec 08, 2020
Balogunodua:

Stale.... cheesy

You edit my comment when you have nothing to say....an average Benin man can't think for themselves cheesy they are use to rewriting other people words....TAO11 was right afterall... grin

All this is unnecessary from you and Greg...We are different people but have some similarities, and the history that we may or may not know will not help in developing anything. You guys need to stop all this tribalism oh.
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Balogunodua(m): 4:06pm On Dec 08, 2020
Nikiballer night:

Ori e buru,omo-ale grin grin as you no get points to counter me,that is the best you can come up with

Lolz... cheesy

Counter what exactly? and Edo miscreant...
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by VirginFinder: 4:10pm On Dec 08, 2020
Yorubas and Edos are 2 different peoples.

However, Oranmiyan and his entourage from Ife left an indelible mark in Edo till tomorrow.

That's the source/cause of all these...

Edos will NEVER stop bearing Yoruba names and worshipping Yoruba deities...

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Etinosa123456: 4:12pm On Dec 08, 2020
Nikiballer:

Bro don't reply their mention again.. their main aim is to drag u into a back and forth for the whole of today
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 08, 2020
Balogunodua:

Lolz... cheesy

Counter what exactly? and Edo miscreant...

Is your great great great grand daddy from Mecca or he fell from the sky

If he is from Mecca and is brothers to bayajidda the Hausa folks,how come your cultures are not similar to the Hausas and you don't speak Arabic...

Don't see me as a tribalist,I just wanted to let you know oduduwa is from Benin and that is why our cultures are similar and not because "ODUDUWA is from Mecca"

Oya prove me wrong...

*Tik tok tik"
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Balogunodua(m): 4:14pm On Dec 08, 2020
Etinosa123456:

Bro don't reply their mention again.. their main aim is to drag u into a back and forth for the whole of today
You should probably warn him before his brain gets damaged.... grin
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 08, 2020
bobowaja:

Ipob miscreants
Be proud of ur tribe. Don't be a bastard that point his father's house with left hand. Tueh!

In trying to caution him, you ended up sounding like him

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by gregyboy(m): 4:19pm On Dec 08, 2020
VirginFinder:
Yorubas and Edos are 2 different peoples.

However, Oranmiyan and his entourage from Ife left an indelible mark in Edo till tomorrow.

That's the source/cause of all these...

Edos will NEVER stop bearing Yoruba names and worshipping Yoruba deities...

You're madman for that

Can you prove the credibility that ife and oyo had connections in historical past

All this bs stories were writing in the 1900 to politically unite tribes under one ancestory

Oromiyan coming to benin was a big lie, if you want to dubt me bring any record of it from 1897 below......

You will see that there is non and that oromiyan history was made during when benin was still in the western region just to unite benin with the dominant yoruba tribe....
Benin accepted the offer but when it backfired they requested out from western region
When they succeeded they wrote their own myth saying the yoruba oduduwa was from ife, that was the benin counter history

Wise up, dont let the political chess game fool you

Use the last picture to cool your brain

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Emman93(m): 4:19pm On Dec 08, 2020
So says a Mallam from Damaturu who have never been to my tribe Yoruba land

Yoruba is not a tribe but an ethnic group, this shows you’re not a Yoruba but from that erosion ravaged part , the flat head generation.
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Uchasa(m): 4:22pm On Dec 08, 2020
Balogunodua:

Slowpoke....

Land grabbers we know your antics

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by engroke(m): 4:22pm On Dec 08, 2020
owo and ogho..............dignity
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Nabajiz: 4:25pm On Dec 08, 2020
Yoruba and their lies, there is nothing like baba in Benin
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by VirginFinder: 4:28pm On Dec 08, 2020
gregyboy:

You're madman for that

Can you prove the credibility that ife and oyo had connections in historical past

All this bs stories were writing in the 1900 to politically unite tribes under one ancestory

Oromiyan coming to benin was a big lie, if you want to dubt me bring any record of it from 1897 below......

You will see that there is non and that oromiyan history was made during when benin was still in the western region just to unite benin with the dominant yoruba tribe....
Benin accepted the offer but when it backfired they requested out from western region
When they succeeded they wrote their own myth saying the yoruba oduduwa was from ife, that was the benin counter history

Wise up, dont let the political chess game fool you

Use the last picture to cool your brain

So Oranmiyan did not got to Benin again abi No more Oduduwa is originally Ekaladerhan from Benin... smiley smiley smiley

So Eweka dropped from the sky So 'Oba' came from where

Wherever you hear 'loooonatic', just say 'yes!'

Whether you like it or not, Oranmiyan influence is all over Edo till tomorrow...

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by gregyboy(m): 4:28pm On Dec 08, 2020
Nabajiz:
Yoruba and their lies, there is nothing like baba in Benin

There is bro
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Fide92: 4:30pm On Dec 08, 2020
Edo is a state, and we have more than hundreds languages in Edo State, which language in Edo State use those words pls.
MyopicMods:
1.“Omo”

It means “child” in both Yoruba and Edo.

2. “Igbo/Ugbo”

“Igbo” is commonly said by Yoruba, but in some dialects, “Ugbo” is also used and it means the same thing in both Yoruba and Edo.

3. “Baba”

It means “Father” in both Yoruba and Edo.

4. “Oba”

It means “King” in Yoruba and it also means the same thing in Edo.

5. “Iye/Yeye”

The Yoruba might use “Yeye” more but the words mean the same thing in Yoruba and Edo; “Mother”.

6. “Unu/Enu”

Some Yoruba dialects switch the “u” for the “e” in “enu”, so it’s the same thing with Edo and it means, “Mouth”.

7. “Ogede/Oghede”

Apart from the slight different spellings, these words are pronouncd the same and mean the same; “Plantain/Banana”.

8. “Ibata/Bata”

If you can unlook the other ‘i’, this word is really the same thing in both Yoruba and Edo and it means, “Shoe”.

https://www.zikoko.com/life/oldies/8-yoruba-words-mean-thing-edo/

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by VirginFinder: 4:32pm On Dec 08, 2020
Nikiballer:

Is your great great great grand daddy from Mecca or he fell from the sky

If he is from Mecca and is brothers to bayajidda the Hausa folks,how come your cultures are not similar to the Hausas and you don't speak Arabic...

Don't see me as a tribalist,I just wanted to let you know oduduwa is from Benin and that is why our cultures are similar and not because "ODUDUWA is from Mecca"

Oya prove me wrong...

*Tik tok tik"

Oduduwa is definitely from the Middle East. Ditto all Yorubas.

There are many arabic words in Yoruba - Alejo, Alubarika, Adura, Alubosa, Bukata etc

There was no Oba in Benin until Oranmiyan came over.
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by Smartwave: 4:32pm On Dec 08, 2020
Even though I'm Yoruba but I think Igbo language is far better than our language and I urge every Yoruba person to learn Igbo
Thanks for fooling yourself. even the igbo's are running from the language grin
Re: Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo by gregyboy(m): 4:35pm On Dec 08, 2020
VirginFinder:

So Oranmiyan did not got to Benin again abi No more Oduduwa is originally Ekaladerhan from Benin... smiley smiley smiley

So Eweka dropped from the sky So 'Oba' came from where

Wherever you hear 'loooonatic', just say 'yes!'

Whether you like it or not, Oranmiyan influence is all over Edo till tomorrow...

Eweka was the man who organized benin and formed a monarchy government he was crowned oba of benin

The word ile binu is from itsekiris who described the edo people as angry people to the Portuguese who first meant them at the shores

If you notice it is only Portuguese who called us benin throughout history even the itsekiris called us ado, the other neighbors called us idu and other forms of the word edo

Itsekiris only describes us as ile binu(land of anger) to the Portuguese as a way of warning to the Portuguese to aviod edo

You can thank me later for opening your eyes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

“The Next Ooni Will Not Eat Sijuwade’s Heart” - Ife Chief / Baby Bump: Naomi Ogunwusi Pregnant? / The Beauty Of Northern Nigerian Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.