Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,596 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:46 AM

Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets (21634 Views)

Update On Lagos-ibadan Rail Line Project. / Vandals Stealing Clips, Bolts On Lagos-Ibadan Rail Track / Rail Passengers’ Revenue Rises To N435.97 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by SeriouslySense(m): 3:57pm On Dec 05, 2020
exactly, it because everything in Nigeria is for exploiting people to the maximum, since we are not productive oriented, we rather are more exploitative driven
Sweetas2:
Just imagine train the cheapest means of transportation all over the world is now the most expensive in this ........
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by etzmiezbee(f): 3:57pm On Dec 05, 2020
Even 3k cost.

Aw much be soole from Berger? No be #500.
EOLAD:
6k ke?....

.olosho Nd clubbing dey the Train too?

Normal normal
... shouldn't exceed 3k
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by pacificom: 4:00pm On Dec 05, 2020
I believed the reason for the high cost of fare from lagos to ibadan is to cut class of passengers, such as those rural people that travels with traditional goat or fowl as their trip companion, and Perhaps those who may think this train is like the old skol model that they used in conveying their sacks of farm produce such as hot pepper etc..

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by ipobarethieves: 4:01pm On Dec 05, 2020
sad sad sad sad sad Spit sad shocked sad sad sad sad undecided undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by Ganjafama(m): 4:01pm On Dec 05, 2020
Muzil:
Wow, this is wonderful.
I joined Nairaland today and this same day, I was privileged to have a comment in the first page.

@Muzil to the world.

Back to the topic, those are foolish fans because I am sure that Regina Daniels herself will consent to her husband marrying another wife.

Sweet 13
Wetin concern Regina Daniels and train? Abi Na she she dey drive am?
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by Doyin2(m): 4:03pm On Dec 05, 2020
Sweetas2:
Just imagine train the cheapest means of transportation all over the world is now the most expensive in this ........

More expensive than water or air transport?

Even in most countries,rail transport is more expensive than land transport.

I am sure you have never travelled outside Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by EdoFirstBorn(m): 4:04pm On Dec 05, 2020
Oracleforce:

As if we are not in it together. ....
Your region will not know any infrastructural development till thy kingdom come.....

Pothole, bad road, and bad factory and kidnapping will not depart from your region....

Idiot

Upon everything out south south better pass your cursed region

Hehehe

E pain am
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by EdoFirstBorn(m): 4:05pm On Dec 05, 2020
hatakekakashi:

Whose descendant is your tribe

Trash
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by roqrules04(m): 4:05pm On Dec 05, 2020
Even if it’s not cheaper than Bus, at least it should be same amount.
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by SeriouslySense(m): 4:06pm On Dec 05, 2020
okay
pacificom:
I believed the reason for the high cost of fare from lagos to ibadan is to cut class of passengers, such as those rural people that travels with traditional goat or fowl as their trip companion, and Perhaps those who may think this train is like the old skol model that they used in conveying their sacks of farm produce such as hot pepper etc..
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by oluade11: 4:06pm On Dec 05, 2020
It is definitely not for civil servant on 30k minimum wage to use. They can't even afford the economy class!!
Imagine the father, wife and a kid going to ibadan.
The low cost housing is not affordable for the civil servant, the train is not for them!

How will they not steal if they have the chance?
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by leisuretym: 4:10pm On Dec 05, 2020
lozanni:

I am surprised at the above high charges, which are patterned after the Abuja-Kaduna rail line fares.
Travel time from Abuja to Kaduna is about 3 hours by road, while from Lagos to Ibadan should not be more than 1 hour 15 minutes, on a good day.
The above difference in time means that the rail trip from Lagos-Ibadan ought to be cheaper.
I wonder what others think about this.

Cc:

Stealing or cheating the lagosians to subsidize Kaduna railway, se you grab?

North and south relationship things, One Nijeriya

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by hatakekakashi: 4:10pm On Dec 05, 2020
EdoFirstBorn:

Trash
Wow trash descendant
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by EdoFirstBorn(m): 4:11pm On Dec 05, 2020
hatakekakashi:

Wow trash descendant

More trash
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by Brunicekid(m): 4:11pm On Dec 05, 2020
lozanni:

I am surprised at the above high charges, which are patterned after the Abuja-Kaduna rail line fares.
Travel time from Abuja to Kaduna is about 3 hours by road, while from Lagos to Ibadan should not be more than 1 hour 15 minutes, on a good day.
The above difference in time means that the rail trip from Lagos-Ibadan ought to be cheaper.
I wonder what others think about this.

Cc: lalasticlala
OF COURSE...YOU SAID THE TRUTH!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by fola044: 4:12pm On Dec 05, 2020
Abuja to Kaduna is 3 hours by road , Lagos to lbadan is less than 2 hours by road , why must passengers pay same fare from Kaduna to Abuja and Lagos to Ibadan ? Hmmmm......
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by Doyin2(m): 4:12pm On Dec 05, 2020
oluade11:
It is definitely not for civil servant on 30k minimum wage to use. They can't even afford the economy class!!
Imagine the father, wife and a kid going to ibadan.
The low cost housing is not affordable for the civil servant, the train is not for them!

How will they not steal if they have the chance?

Misinformation.

30k is meant for the least paid civil servant,mostly with primary or secondary certs,like cleaners,security guards,etc.

You cannot be a graduate and be earning 30k in civil service.

Most civil servants can afford it.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by Brunicekid(m): 4:13pm On Dec 05, 2020
Kingpele:
Good one, I pray they are able to maintain it for a very long time
Which kain "Good One"

It's like you did not see the cost of the Lagos-Ibadan train
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by ppogba: 4:17pm On Dec 05, 2020
He that argues with a man coughing definitely wants to kill the coughing fellow------Ijebu proverb.

Like I said in the other thread, no need arguing with FG or Amaechi on this.

I trust my Ibadan people. The most price sensitive city in the whole of SW.

When FG tire, dem go beg people dem no go see pasengers

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by masqot(m): 4:20pm On Dec 05, 2020
When will Nigeria start solving problem instead of multiplying it?
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by Doyin2(m): 4:21pm On Dec 05, 2020
fola044:
Abuja to Kaduna is 3 hours by road , Lagos to lbadan is less than 2 hours by road , why must passengers pay same fare from Kaduna to Abuja and Lagos to Ibadan ? Hmmmm......

Abuja to Kaduna is about 2hrs or less ,Oga.
At a conservative speed of 112km per hour,you get to your destination in 1hr 46mins.Kaduna to Abuja is about 198km.

And by the way, you cannot use road distance to compare with rail,it all depends on the route.

Abuja to Kaduna by rail cannot be more than that of Lagos to Ibadan,by the same rail.

Research before Ranting.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by illicit(m): 4:23pm On Dec 05, 2020
hkidola00:
u studied at better by far?
yes
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by Thereishel: 4:24pm On Dec 05, 2020

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by sunboy(m): 4:26pm On Dec 05, 2020
In my opinion: My country Nigeria is a geographical expression, a collection of people who don’t want to be together but conjoined because of the greed of a foreign race, and the country itself is being managed by a very small 1% who are so determined to make life miserable for the 99%, even though God has bless them with more than they need to be one of the best country on the face of planet earth.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by Bahamas95(m): 4:28pm On Dec 05, 2020
For this push and start train

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by Oracleforce: 4:31pm On Dec 05, 2020
EdoFirstBorn:

Upon everything out south south better pass your cursed region

Hehehe

E pain am

Just list one of.your south-south State governor that doesn't have house in lagos state and tell. one the southwest governor that. have a house in your southsouth region...

Think before you type

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by royalnose: 4:33pm On Dec 05, 2020
illicit:
I remember I boarded from Ilorin to Lagos at 600 or so in 2013....

That was during Jonathan’s regime n’a, life was a lot better and easier but Nigerians said they prefer a hard man.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by Taiwojon(m): 4:35pm On Dec 05, 2020
So wonderfull.

Look at what apc has brought for us.

Train should be more and less cheaper than cars.

Well
The day of the lord his at hand.

Believe on jesus
Believe on the only substitute lamb
Believe on the messiah of the lord.

Jesus save
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by yom2(m): 4:38pm On Dec 05, 2020

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by udemzyudex(m): 4:40pm On Dec 05, 2020
After borrowing from China, na we wan come dey suffer am cheesy grin
Re: Lagos-Ibadan Rail Passengers To Pay ₦6000 For First Class Tickets by victorazyvictor(m): 4:42pm On Dec 05, 2020
EdoFirstBorn:
grin
Serves my judas iscariot descendant brothers well
They are fond on puck nosing into other state affairs
Now let them feel the change grin
Nonsense
grin grin grin grin grin grin
guy u wan kill me here oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Travel To Mauritius From Nigeria / Vehicular Movement Through Kabba In Kogi State Is Almost Impossible Right Now. / Nigerian Student Attacked In India Over Parking Spot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.