Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment (45231 Views)

Femi Kuti: “I Used To Smoke Before I Chose To Live Smoke Free” / Motunrayo Fela Kuti: I Dislike Davido And His Kind Of Music - Fela's Daughter / "Haters Will Say I Didn’t Go To Gym" - Ini Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by veekid(m): 7:28pm On Dec 05, 2020
Sounds like a you problem
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by apartlawful: 7:28pm On Dec 05, 2020
Ur fada is one of the greatest of All time

1 Like

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Godsown0: 7:28pm On Dec 05, 2020
mariahAngel:
He might not have gone to school but he's educated.
Education is not about going to school its about knowing what ya not born with, we are just so misleading in dis country

3 Likes

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by timesup234: 7:29pm On Dec 05, 2020
Nobody should be proud of going to school. School is stupidity
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by costandi(m): 7:29pm On Dec 05, 2020
kktbm:
Well, what might work for someone might not work for you.

If it’s like that, MC oluomo will not send his children to America to study, instead he will have allow them to take over NURTW
The moral of this story is that success can be achieved without formal education and not that the outcome of his action will be the same for everyone.

1 Like

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by koyinsola17868: 7:29pm On Dec 05, 2020
:He might not have gone to school but he's educated. .Very learned!

4 Likes

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by IamBravo: 7:29pm On Dec 05, 2020
Education is knowing what you want to do in life and go for it

3 Likes

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by adioolayi(m): 7:29pm On Dec 05, 2020
Truly dicey experiment
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by goldtooth: 7:29pm On Dec 05, 2020
shocked
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Ihatemumu: 7:29pm On Dec 05, 2020
You are smarter than 90% of Nigerian graduates especially those who sell their votes.

Deep meaning to this message grin

3 Likes

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Whiteshield: 7:30pm On Dec 05, 2020
torqque7:
Hello guys

So my Aunty works in the civil service and years ago when she applied for the job, she filled in a wrong date of birth only to findout latter on that she is alot younger than what she actually filled and this will mean her retiring earlier than she actually should. so please how can this be corrected urgently pls ?

She will be retiring earlier. She didn't make a mistake, she only wants to fraudulently reduce her age to stay longer in service.
The day she tries to correct it, her file will be bookmarked and she may even be kicked out before her time.

6 Likes

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by mariahAngel(f): 7:30pm On Dec 05, 2020
Godsown0:

Education is not about going to school its about knowing what ya not born with, we are just so misleading in dis country

School is not the only place to get educated.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by HeavenCSO: 7:31pm On Dec 05, 2020
techmo:
cool

Fela is an Oxford University graduate, and he made his kid learn his music trade instead of a going to a University.

Now Femi is a Grammy nominated artist with many hits, instead of a jobless graduate

No send your children to school na. SIMPLE
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Scrupulous419(m): 7:33pm On Dec 05, 2020
merits:
See what I.P.OB leada looks like now.i mean bloda cownu.if you know you know.

Lie, this Is what Bros look like now

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Karlifate: 7:35pm On Dec 05, 2020
Schooling is just a means of acquiring formal education.

His experiment was an informal education.

4 Likes

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by aribisala0(m): 7:38pm On Dec 05, 2020
getting a university degree is not the same as getting educated.

Your social class and background make a huge difference.
Use of English is a proxy measure of education in Nigeria rightly or wrongly. That is largely determined by social class

He had an uncle who was a Professor and another who was a doctor. Fela's cousin is Wole Soyinka

I am sure he grew up among many kids of higher socio-economic background in Nigeria

If you went to secondary school in the 60s and 70s you are better educated than many degree holders today

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by od501: 7:38pm On Dec 05, 2020
merits:
See what I.P.OB leada looks like now.i mean bloda cownu.if you know you know.

Your stupidity is like Peak, extraordinary everyday.

1 Like

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Lawliet(f): 7:38pm On Dec 05, 2020
He may had been more successful with education but anyway...

1 Like

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by aribisala0(m): 7:40pm On Dec 05, 2020
HeavenCSO:

No send your children to school na. SIMPLE
If you have the time and resources children are better educated at home. Many people get miseducated in Nigerian schools

How many people pass WAEC or JAMB first time?

2 Likes

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Tinsim: 7:42pm On Dec 05, 2020
So because Fela did not send Femi Kuti to school so he(Femi) should not send his son to school.
Some people are reasoning anticlockwise

2 Likes

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 05, 2020
Whiteshield:
Who school epp? After all, PhD holders were part of the applicants for Dangote trailer driver jobs.

To book Femi Kuti for a show, he only flies minimum of a Business class and as at 10 years ago, his fee was 5M, payable in full, in advance.
school epp some ppl... school no epp some ppl
naso life be

4 Likes

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by investigator007: 7:47pm On Dec 05, 2020
Yes you didn't attend school but you're very much educated now
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by ElValiente(m): 7:47pm On Dec 05, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Ko si bi e se fa gbo to
E o le fa gbo to Baba Fela

Gbes
Olorun

Marlian ���� grin
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by PDPdestroyer(m): 7:51pm On Dec 05, 2020
techmo:
cool

Fela is an Oxford University graduate, and he made his kid learn his music trade instead of a going to a University.

Now Femi is a Grammy nominated artist with many hits, instead of a jobless graduate

The bolded: Fela attended Trinity College of music in London, not Oxford University

1 Like

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 05, 2020
Femi definitely miss out. You cannot compare the quality of education which Femi would have had to the education of today. Education is not only about certificate put exposure to better opportunities. It is possible that Femi would have been a global star with wider appeal than who he is today. Fela though had the opportunity of being sent to school even abroad but use his own son as an experiment. Femi is highly intelligent and would have been worse than Fela if not because he reborn himself

1 Like

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Fmghewzy(m): 7:52pm On Dec 05, 2020
singeronion:
So we shld fry stone abi? C'mon gerrout!!!

Where you force to click on the thread, Don't let your fraustration after every aspect of your life.
Keep pushing harder

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by totalhouse(m): 7:54pm On Dec 05, 2020
wale377:
Femi Kuti, who is one of the sons of fela anikulapo kuti has revealed that his father used him as a lab rat to test the importance of tertiary education.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3Q31SMq_as

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/12/05/why-fela-did-not-send-me-to-school-femi-kuti/amp/

This contradicts what fela said about you sir. When he was asked in one of the interviews he granted during his lifetime about why you didn't go to school, he said you are a dullard.... I am sure the clips of the interview are in the public space

2 Likes

Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by owolabi5: 8:11pm On Dec 05, 2020
CarPapers.com.ng
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Joshmanuel10(m): 8:19pm On Dec 05, 2020
aribisala0:
If you have the time and resources children are better educated at home. Many people get miseducated in Nigerian schools

How many people pass WAEC or JAMB first time?
If u see how waec is done now u will cry for everyone of them
Just pay and get ur answers lipsrsealed
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by Femijohn198: 8:28pm On Dec 05, 2020
Femi kuti thank God for your life, certificate no sell in Nigeria again,if say I know i for learn work.than for me to be learning it now.our leaders don spoiled education and most youth career in Nigeria.
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by calcal: 8:29pm On Dec 05, 2020
tHE GUY IS EDUCATED LIKE THAT, ONCE YOU CAN SPEAK ENGLISH, YOU ARE EDUCATED, SO NOTHING RISKY THERE.
Re: Femi Kuti: I Didn’t Go To School. Fela Used Me As An Experiment by BreconHills(m): 8:38pm On Dec 05, 2020
techmo:
cool

Felt attended Trinity College London not Trinity College Oxford. The difference is important because Trinity London is one of the oldest music schools in the world, far ahead of the music department of Trinity Oxford which provides a general liberal arts education. This mistake is quite common. Even the famous Washington Post made the same mistake.

https://www.trinitycollege.com/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Poco Lee: Kogbagidi Sends Portable Packing Back To His Village (Video) / Halima Abubakar's Outfit To Davido's Concert That Stole The Spotlight / Sexy Photos: Omotola Replies Fan (see Details)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.