Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,548 members, 7,827,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband (3286 Views)

Why Do Some Women Hate And Maltreat Their Househelps? / Is It Proper For Your Wife To Insist She Must Be Checking Your Phone Always? / Marriage: My Mother Inlaw Calls My Wife Everyday Is It Proper? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by IyaTola: 7:28am On Dec 06, 2020
Is it proper for a wife to maltreat the husband in the event that he is no longer working?

A 56 yrs old man, married with 3 kids is currently being maltreated by the wife.

The man was retrenched due to the covid pandemic, he was laid off and paid some money, he use the money to buy a Corolla and started an Uber business with a weekly payment 25k, the wife opened the account and the money goes to the account the wife opened.

A few months ago, he was paid his retirement benefits as at today the money is about 900k and I asked how come, he said," my wife is with his atm card, if I requests for money she usually ask what do I need money for since I am longer working. A weekly stipend of 1k is given to meweekly, in some instances if there is an argument, I don't get the 1k money weekly in addition to no food for the week".

He said," I am living like a prisoner, my calls are being monitored & recoded by wife, my ATM cards are with her, I am at her whimps and caprices. My second daughter is the one that gives me =N=1,500 monthly upon collecting her salary'. Even worsening the situation she has instigated the my first daughter and last born against me.

He further said, " my wife has gone out to the saloon since 10:00am this morning, the time is 6:25pm she is not back.
I married her when she as a full-time house wife, I paid for her to go to teachers college so that she will be able to get a teacher job, to this day, I don't know how much my wife earns but she knows how much I earn, even after that I opened a shop for her, till today how the shop closed down is what I don't know".

What are you thoughts?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by nifemi25(m): 7:36am On Dec 06, 2020
The wife has become husband while husband has been given the post of a wife.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by Nanaborga(m): 7:37am On Dec 06, 2020
Shuoooooo

It is either the woman don jazz am or the man na born simp , my advice na for his kinsmen to carry am go somewhere, flog shege commot for him head and make him scream many times that he is a man , a head and not the tail . Our government suppose don create agency for MEN ABUSE , weak men and simps need to report to that agency ASAP

18 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by ayomilore: 7:40am On Dec 06, 2020
How can he surrender his power to the wife?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by IyaTola: 7:40am On Dec 06, 2020
Nanaborga:
Shuoooooo

It is either the woman don jazz am or the man na born simp , my advice na for his kinsmen to carry am go somewhere, flog shege commot for him head and make him scream many times that he is a man , a head and not the tail . Our government suppose don create agency for MEN ABUSE , weak men and simps need to report to that agency ASAP
undecided
Nanaborga:
Shuoooooo

Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by Cutehector(m): 7:49am On Dec 06, 2020
What kind of man is this.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by LordKO(m): 7:49am On Dec 06, 2020
Yes, a servile or feeble-minded husband like the one in your story deserves the maltreatment from his oppressive wife. He's a true personification of what a man shouldn't be.

A feeble-minded person is as repulsive as an oppressive one.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by sisisioge: 8:01am On Dec 06, 2020
How did he become like this?

Well, tell him to go and open another account then change his account details with uber. Life is simple...money is power. How could he let his madam hold his power? Funny peep!

5 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by Oluromantic: 8:32am On Dec 06, 2020
The way you stated the title is not even proper. Everybody without reading knows the answer is "No". Only the man can answer why he relinquished his position to his wife
Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 06, 2020
Great people always have an account not known to anyone but them. I guess he's one of those decent people.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by chanx: 9:49am On Dec 06, 2020
Nanaborga:
Shuoooooo

grin
Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by crackhaus: 6:24pm On Dec 06, 2020
He said," I am living like a prisoner, my calls are being monitored & recoded by wife, my ATM cards are with her, I am at her whimps and caprices. My second daughter is the one that gives me =N=1,500 monthly upon collecting her salary'. Even worsening the situation she has instigated the my first daughter and last born against me.

He further said, " my wife has gone out to the saloon since 10:00am this morning, the time is 6:25pm she is not back.
I married her when she as a full-time house wife, I paid for her to go to teachers college so that she will be able to get a teacher job, to this day, I don't know how much my wife earns but she knows how much I earn, even after that I opened a shop for her, till today how the shop closed down is what I don't know".
He is not even ashamed to say all this outside.

Nothing can be done to save this man again, he's gooone...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by Teleprompter(f): 6:48pm On Dec 06, 2020
My sincere opinion is for other guys to learn from this man's mistakes. It is also possible that the man has done wrong by her in the past in a way that she finds it hard to forgive.

All the same, don't marry a person who your happiness is not theirs. Many people go into marriage for love knowing fully well that the other person would no have their backs when the roses are down.

Why would be not imo how much his wife warns? He should know if they a real couple. It doesn't mean that he would collect it from her.

Why would a person marry a person who finds them disposable?

6 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by IyaTola: 9:00pm On Dec 06, 2020
Teleprompter:
My sincere opinion is for other guys to learn from this man's mistakes. It is also possible that the man has done wrong by her in the past in a way that she finds it hard to forgive.

All the same, don't marry a person who your happiness is not theirs. Many people go into marriage for love knowing fully well that the other person would no have their backs when the roses are down.

Why would be not imo how much his wife warns? He should know if they a real couple. It doesn't mean that he would collect it from her.

Why would a person marry a person who finds them disposable?
My thought as well, he might have offended her in the past and she felt the hurt and this a way of getting back.
Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by IyaTola: 10:42pm On Dec 11, 2020
ayomilore:
How can he surrender his power to the wife?
No money again na
Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by ABOVEDELAW: 11:59am On Dec 12, 2020
I AM NOT SEEING ANY MAN HERE BUT A SISSY
Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by bukatyne(f): 12:07pm On Dec 12, 2020
nifemi25:
The wife has become husband while husband has been given the post of a wife.

The fact you think it is ok for a wife to be treated like this is troubling.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by IyaTola: 12:49pm On Dec 12, 2020
ABOVEDELAW:
I AM NOT SEEING ANY MAN HERE BUT A SISSY
Oga easy
Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by frozen70(f): 5:25pm On Dec 12, 2020
IyaTola:
Is it proper for a wife to maltreat the husband in the event that he is no longer working?

A 56 yrs old man, married with 3 kids is currently being maltreated by the wife.

The man was retrenched due to the covid pandemic, he was laid off and paid some money, he use the money to buy a Corolla and started an Uber business with a weekly payment 25k, the wife opened the account and the money goes to the account the wife opened.

A few months ago, he was paid his retirement benefits as at today the money is about 900k and I asked how come, he said," my wife is with his atm card, if I requests for money she usually ask what do I need money for since I am longer working. A weekly stipend of 1k is given to meweekly, in some instances if there is an argument, I don't get the 1k money weekly in addition to no food for the week".

What are you thoughts?

There is more to this story, we haven't heard from the wife

But if true he was once loving and caring to his family, taking his responsibilities before his predicaments then the wife is a devils advocate but if the wife is paying him back for the wicked attitudes he gave her while he was in money then it a pay back

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by Karleb(m): 6:36pm On Dec 12, 2020
Yes! Thesame way it's proper for a man to maltreat his wife.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by IyaTola: 7:01pm On Dec 12, 2020
frozen70:

There is more to this story, we haven't heard from the wife

But if true he was once loving and caring to his family, taking his responsibilities before his predicaments then the wife is a devils advocate but if the wife is paying him back for the wicked attitudes he gave her while he was in money then it a pay back
Pay back? what Happened to Forgiveness and the live they once had.
Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by frozen70(f): 9:25pm On Dec 12, 2020
IyaTola:
Pay back? what Happened to Forgiveness and the live they once had.

You need to discuss that with her when you guys meet

That's how men keep hurting women believing that they will forgive when they apologize

4 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by prettysassygirl(f): 9:32pm On Dec 12, 2020
When a man allows the wife be the head of the house this is what it results to. Too much of everything is bad. Love ,respect and treasure your wife but let her know her place gently.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by ABANGWABOI(m): 9:43pm On Dec 12, 2020
prettysassygirl:
When a man allows the wife be the head of the house this is what it results to. Too much of everything is bad. Love ,respect and treasure your wife but let her know her place gently.

Can't believe that lady wrote this without sentiments and emotions..
Precise and candid in your opinion..

As for the so called man.. this is what you get when you are never incharge of your home in the guise of being a nice and gentleman.. more premium tears for him..

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by usj(m): 9:17am On Dec 13, 2020
Hmm, he just a willing prisoner. Don't blame the woman alone here. The man abuses himself way more that the women does.

Perhaps! One day he will come to self realisation and love himself more. Then he will stand and fight for his self worth because his self worth is what his currently getting.that man is telling himself that he has failed and the woman is doing him a favour by staying with him, he deserves the wife's treatment because he permits it.
Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 13, 2020
I know these men can be silly and annoying but I hate it with passion when a woman maltreat a good man, i have brothers and no single sister and if any lady dare maltreat any of my brothers, she will have me to face.
Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by Psych412(f): 1:08pm On Dec 13, 2020
I hate men that can't control thier home and be in charge.

I know a man who fetches water outside thier house for his grown up children (19,22,23,) and wife, every morning.

sometimes he goes to market, looking so wretched.

lord Jesus, I don't want sissy type of husband. bless me with Good, reasonable husband that will take charge of his family.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 13, 2020
He's a pathetic SIMP and weakling and he deserves it. Rubbish. angry
Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by kilimanjaro(m): 8:52pm On Dec 13, 2020
That man is not normal. But what about his family?
Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by cococandy(f): 2:37am On Dec 14, 2020
@topic. It is not proper to maltreat anyone at all.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by cococandy(f): 2:40am On Dec 14, 2020
LordKO:
Yes, a servile or feeble-minded husband like the one in your story deserves the maltreatment from his oppressive wife. He's a true personification of what a man or woman shouldn't be.

A feeble-minded person is as repulsive as an oppressive one.

No one should accept that type of treatment

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper For A Wife To Maltreat The Husband by cococandy(f): 2:41am On Dec 14, 2020
prettysassygirl:

No head of the house should act that way. Those are the actions of an oppressive partner. Not a leader

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Heart Bleeds At This photo video. TEN GIRLS MISSING IN CALABAR / Which Do U Prefer As A Child? Boy Or Girl. / The Army Of Cleavage Baring Women Profiles On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.