Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

I Just Must Vote Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Just Must Vote Him (1919 Views)

Igbo Legible Voters In Lagos, You Must Vote On April 11, 2015 / Why Igbos Must Vote For Rochas & Other APC Candidates In SE Next Week / Pastor Adeboye For President 2011. Would You Vote Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Must Vote Him by muyoto: 6:50pm On Mar 23, 2011
I usually dont post in the politic section. this probably should be should be my second or third post since my entry into NL. Never really had more than just a passing interst in politics.

Something however changed all that. For some time now, at my place of work, one of my clloegues have been passionately trying to convince the others on the need to vote for his candidate. The only one according to him who can bring the much needed change to Naija. At first most of derided him. There was no way he could possibly unseat the incubent we insisted.

But the guy didn't give up. With each passing day, with admirable passion, he persisted, gradually winning over more and more and more people for the candidate. And today, finally, I was convinced.

Of course I'm talking about Buhari.

That as my collegue so diligently and effectively marketed, is the only person that can deal with that HYDRAHEADED CANKERWORM CALLED CORRUPTION. THAT IS OUR NO1 PROBLEM. tacckle corruption, and you have dealth with 75% of our problem.

over $500 billion gone to corruption in jsut ten years.

So from now till april for me, my collegues, family, [size=17pt]it is BB 2011.[/size]

pardon the typos, my spellckeck no work.
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 23, 2011
Your colleague must have really impressed you
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by EnuguUkwu: 6:53pm On Mar 23, 2011
and how does Buhari intend to tackle corruption?
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by danjohn: 6:59pm On Mar 23, 2011
“If you perform well, you get a handshake. If you perform badly, you get a handcuff”. This was the principle Buhari used to manage the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF). I am glad that you have decided to vote for a principled, honest, and disciplined leader. Buhari/Bakare 2011: one vote for two honest men.
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by EnuguUkwu: 7:00pm On Mar 23, 2011
No answer -

How does he want to tackle corruption.?
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by muyoto: 7:05pm On Mar 23, 2011
^^^ I may not have the details on exactly how he intends to do that, I however will say that given his pedigee, it is difficult to see how the present unbridled corruption that we witness under this administration will continue under a Buhari regime.
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by muyoto: 7:07pm On Mar 23, 2011
aisha2:

Your colleague must have really impressed you

Trust me he did.
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 23, 2011
muyoto:

Trust me he did.
I can imagine. Buhari is a good product, easy to sell
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by OAM4J: 7:23pm On Mar 23, 2011
Congrats OP, you have seen the light. Pls spread the good news

aisha2:

I can imagine. Buhari is a good product, easy to sell

Very true! I dont envy my friend beaf at all grin
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by EnuguUkwu: 7:37pm On Mar 23, 2011
how come all the military governors under his administration became millionaires today. men in uniform. or have you forgotten most of the then 19 state governors? how did Buhari fight them from being corrupt? He didnt.
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by muyoto: 7:37pm On Mar 23, 2011
We are all aware that Nigeria will be making a lot of money from oil for the next few years. Where that mnoney will end up is up to us. Do we want to see the same sorry state of affaris?

Money approriated for projects only to have them fritted away to oversea bank account?

How many of our people have lost thier lives to the pot holes on the high way becasue money budgeted for it was embezelled? Died in our hospital beacuse doctors were onstrike on account of thier ridulcous pay, and/or poor services/facilites, due to corruption?

How many businesses folded up, sendin millions of families into abject penury because their was no light to power their machines? How much has been spent on the power sector since this republic? I wont even mention the sum. . .I could injure someone in the process.

I insist our NO1 problem is CORRUPTION!!! forget about vision, ideas, blah blah

Find out his (Buhari) pedigree at PTF.

This is not about ethinicity, as 'they' would want us to beleive. Interestingly, about 70% of my collegues who now support him are from the south, with about 35% inculding yours truly coming from the same region (Niger delta) as the incubent.

Brothers and sisters, this is not only for our future, but for that of our children and thier chilren. I beg you in Name of what you beleive in DO NOT LET THEM DOWN. PLEAAASE!!! cry cry cry
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by EnuguUkwu: 7:39pm On Mar 23, 2011
Answer the question.

How come he couldnt curtail the excesses of his state governors back in time?

Corruption is everywhere, if Buhari is not corrupt, how will he fight his aides, his Ministers, his governors etc. How?

You dont know yet you want to vote for him.
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by muyoto: 7:42pm On Mar 23, 2011
OAM4J:

Congrats OP, you have seen the light. Pls spread the good news

Most definately. You literally feel the anticipation now. Niergians know change is around the corner.

With every breath that is within me, I must spread the news. I love my (unborn) children
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by muyoto: 7:45pm On Mar 23, 2011
Enugu_Ukwu:

Answer the question.

How come he couldnt curtail the excesses of his state governors back in time?

Corruption is everywhere, if Buhari is not corrupt, how will he fight his aides, his Ministers, his governors etc. How?

You dont know yet you want to vote for him.

Which State govenors are you talking about? For how long did he rule? Moreover how do you know that it was during his tenure that those people enriched themselves?

Was part of the reason why IBB and co plotted his removal not beacuse of his uncompromising stand towards corruption?
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by EnuguUkwu: 7:48pm On Mar 23, 2011
^

Yeah right. One other person who doesnt know the Buhari. Give me a ground breaking case of fight against corruption during Buhari's regime, apart from the trial of all the preceding politicians. Which person in his administration did he try or remove for corruption, or, were they saints?
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by muyoto: 7:48pm On Mar 23, 2011
Morover, as he himself has admitted, he is not an angel. He made mistakes, that is why he is human.
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by EnuguUkwu: 7:51pm On Mar 23, 2011
ok. So. You agree noone is an angel?

You are a good man then. Buhari is allowed to make mistakes, but noone else is allowed to. Which government in Nigeria had fought corruption so much as the PDP government? Look back and tell the truth. Which one?
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by muyoto: 8:00pm On Mar 23, 2011
Enugu_Ukwu:

ok. So. You agree noone is an angel?

You are a good man then. Buhari is allowed to make mistakes, but noone else is allowed to. Which government in Nigeria had fought corruption so much as the PDP government? Look back and tell the truth. Which one?

Do you honestly beleive that?? The funny thing I observe about you PDP people is that when you make such ludicroiulsly outragous claims, you find it hard to understnd why, outside the safty zone of your jobbers and sypcphants, people actually use thier brains. We reason things out.

You tell us you've provided electricity. Which electricity?

Yes, I will admit OBJ during his tenure put up a fight, however selective it was. The same can defintely not be said of the incumbent. He is just too. . .tooo not suitable for that post. No offence, but sorry to say.

I simply could'n vote him if he was the last CANDIDATE ON PLANET EARTH!

I love my (unborn) children.
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by Wadeoye(m): 8:08pm On Mar 23, 2011
@Enugu_Nkwu or what do you call yourself, give me the names of those governors that you are talking about. How on earth will somebody think a government official or a governor embessled money under Buhari regime? Tell me another lie, may be I will accept but this one, I regect vehemently.
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by Pharoh: 8:14pm On Mar 23, 2011
I think it is high time we check buhari's corruption stand and evaluate his ability to curb the corruption going on in the nook and crannies of this nation called Nigeria.

I am in for the fight for corruption but there is no way you can start beating that drum when you are the incumbent seeking for re-election.
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by apoti(m): 8:16pm On Mar 23, 2011
Welcome to the family bruv!

BB all the way cool
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by EnuguUkwu: 8:17pm On Mar 23, 2011
Wadeoye:

@Enugu_Nkwu or what do you call yourself, give me the names of those governors that you are talking about. How on earth will somebody think a government official or a governor embessled money under Buhari regime? Tell me another lie, may be I will accept but this one, I regect vehemently.

this is not for kids. shout all you want. go suck some bosom milk. you reject what vehemently? Thank God I am not with you, u talk like someone who will throw a bomb because someone makes a point he doesnt agree with. take it easy. Buhari is not my father.

@Muyoto

I thought we were engaging in some form of discussion not until you threw in un necessary name calling. Sorry. i am not for that.

No one is asking u to vote for GEJ. We are simply discussing, but you spoil it with your name calling.
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by apoti(m): 8:21pm On Mar 23, 2011
@Enugu_Ukwu, could you please mention the names of the governors
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by sbeezy8: 8:21pm On Mar 23, 2011
whether you vote or not GEJ is going to win.

1) hes the incumbent
2)Obj- Western powers like America, Uk, EU are backing him.

Just as the told Gbagbo to step down and mubarak Ghaddafi they PUT OBJ there GEJ will also be there as president just so oil can flow.

We know the dummys in Africa will go with who ever(  America, Uk, EU )they say won the election.
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by egift(m): 10:17pm On Mar 23, 2011
@ Enugu_Ukwu:
Beaf you look very pathetic and desperate like your oga when you hide behind on of these you nicknames grin grin grin

@ Post:
Welcome to the family my dear. Together we will make Nigeria Great.
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by JomoGbomo2(m): 10:31pm On Mar 23, 2011
lol, Very funny. Enugu_ukwu suddenly couldn't answer any question after his accusations.

@Enugu_Ukwu, could you please mention the names of the governors

Some people are waiting for your response.
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by omanzo02: 10:40pm On Mar 23, 2011
Lol, this is another pseudo thread from almighty Jarus, Aisha2 and co, nice try, breeze don blow una yanch for my side.  grin grin grin grin grin

Another NL 419 gist.

grin grin grin grin
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by Stogwu123: 11:11pm On Mar 23, 2011
I hav convince alot of people based on his (buhari) past record &achivments even frnds on facebook and dey acepted. But nobody hav bin able to convince me. because my 1st puestion is always 4 such one 2 name 6 tins dey hav achiv 4 gud 12yrs. At least 1 in 2yrs. Dis has alway bin a bridge such person cant cross. BUHARI is God sent to save nig. 4rm oppresiv govt of pdp. Letz Go a spread dis goodnews. Buhari 2011
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by honeric01(m): 11:53pm On Mar 23, 2011
I am happy people are begining to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Anyways, i finally saw posters of BB2011 in Lagos today and i was so happy (Ijesha/Cele Bustop areas)
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by TNUBU4LIFE: 5:04am On Mar 24, 2011
^^^ U JUST SAW BB POSTER IN LAGOS TODAY??THAK GOD SOMEBODY FINALLY EXCLAIMED THE TRUTH!!

WHILE ALL ALONG PEOPLE HAVE BEEN LYING THAT BB IS HAVING 25-40% IN LAGOS!!

NOW THE SHOCKER,MOST PEOPLE DONT EVEN KNOW HIM OR HIS CONTESTANTS OR PARTY IN LAGOS!! shocked shocked shocked

AND YOU GIVE PEOPLE WRONG PICTURE OF WHAT IS ACTUALLY ON THE GROUND,BB KITE IS NOT FLYING!

CPC does not have political structures NOT ONLY IN THE SW BUT THE WHOLE SOUTH!! shocked shocked

dream on,dream on!!
Just name one CPC gubernatorial candidate in the whole south!!ACN has very formidable structures in both the south and the north even the NW Buhari is banknig on!!

You cant discount this from his political success/failure in the forthcoming election.
While ACN keeps solidifying his hold on his stronghold in the SW,the party is making strong incursions into strong cpc/pdp bases.Imagine Gov. Akpabio who promised gej 1million votes is fighting to even get his own political future despite his power of incumbency yet few weeks ago,no one will dare believe this can happen!

You said the youths registered,yes they did so did every of those people you called market women,okada drivers, and all those guys in the informal sector but that the educated youths will vote BB?,I am hearing that from you for the first time,BB is almost in the rank of Okotie,dele momodu in terms of popularity in Lagos.Most educated youths in Lagos will vote RIBADU,he has succeeded in entrenching himself through various youth fora interactions he attends,where he regularly engages them.the educated youths just love him!!They consider him smart and digital,they are quite comfortable around him,that is how you know the youths have opened their hearts to him.
How many of your so-called educated youths have you seen around the BB main actors??Around them,the youths are only seen NOT HEARD.They(BB/GEJ) command chronological respect not political respect.

The pentecostal xtian support Buhari??u must be kidding.How many times have you seen any religious leader tell his followers to vote a particular candidate except ofcourse Tunde Bakare?

Did u mention Ibadan for the BB prospect,that is a white lie,stop deceiving people!!I understand Ibadan politics as much as the Lagos politics.If u say,all the mallams in sango,sabo,mokola and ojoo will vote BB,U may be correct but for the rest of Ibadan up to oyo,ogbomosho,infact,Buhari will get near zero votes!These areas listen to their genuine political leaders to decide who to vote.These group of political leaders have not been penetrated by BB,he needs to penetrate the league of these people to win votes in oyo state!!This technique is well understood by the ACN and that explains their successful political spread.
BB campaign,even if it hets to Lagos on tomorrow,its already dead on arrival.IT IS TOO LATE!!!

RIBADU TI GBA IFE(RIBADU HAS ALREADY WON!)

VOTE RIBADU 2011,DONT WASTE UR VOTE
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by honeric01(m): 11:06am On Mar 24, 2011
^^^^

What part of my comments so far do you not understand? BB2011 is yet to campaign in Lagos, they are yet to do so in Lagos, the posters i saw must have been posted just few supporters and not the campaign team.

Because i just saw few posters at Cele Bustop and Ijeshatedo does not mean people don't know about this ticket already.

I am in Lagos and 99% of my friends already know about Buhari/Bakare ticket, same with that of my friends in Ogun state.

Don't deceive yourself, Lagosians don't need posters to vote for you, your name alone is enough for them to know who you are!
Re: I Just Must Vote Him by jaso1(m): 11:19am On Mar 24, 2011
@Honeric,
I have no regret voting BB nor do i have for Ribadu, what i believe is very Germaine for the progress of our Nation which is ability to speak the truth.
If you truly reside in Lagos as you claimed i don't see you or hear you giving red for black. The whole SW is been taking over by ACN and this was earn due to her leadership quality in term of people oriented projects that dominates leadership style in their respective state. So the antecedent speaks louder than voice, Nigerians eyes are now beginning to open gradually and the era of deceit has gone. my brother cue behind Ribadu he has most upper hands than other contestants.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Akala Makes Ministerial List From Oyo Pdp / Boko Haram- " An Excuse For America To Get Their Hands On Nigerian Oil" / TB Joshua, Obasanjo - The Two Most Popular Nigerians In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.