Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,599 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate (18553 Views)

Poll: Should Buhari, Shekerau and Ribadu attend the BON debate?

Yes: 42% (76 votes)
No: 57% (101 votes)
This poll has ended

Fashola/Shekarau 2015 Presidential Ticket???? / Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate / BON/NEDG Vice-Presidential Debate: Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Areosapien(f): 1:08pm On Mar 24, 2011
I'm just laughing hard at this Beaf character and his futile local agbero rants. Could you please help us out with these questions, since you obviously suffer from a severe case of selective amnesia? Here we go:

1. Who demanded for questions on debates to be issued beforehand?

2. Who shamelessly shifted the NN24 dates as mentioned in the report?

3. Who eventually chickened out of the debates without even informing people, only ro show up on a fraudulently staged kindergarten questionnaire with an equally clueless D'Banj?

4. Who shamelessly chickened out of the YOUTH DEBATE that could benefit our dying country, only to foolishly stage an upcoming concert for youth to dance away their lives into unemployment, as opposed to bravely facing these people (he claims to care about) and properly stating his proposed solutions?

Bros, I'm an Igbo man - born and raised - from the great state of Imo -- One of the oldest states in Igbo land -- But my family, friends, associates and I are never giving a single vote to that coconut head even as you pointlessly try to force down our throats, because his numerous idiotic blunders - coupled with your equally imbecilic bellows - have proven, beyond reasonable doubt, that Goodluck Ebelechukwu Azikiwe Shagari Babangida Barack Shonekan Jonathan is, by all accounts, a dumbass.

smiley
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by MaiSuya(m): 1:09pm On Mar 24, 2011
Pharoh:

Very silly excuse for turning down an opportunity to reach out to Nigerians.

Why didn't GEJ consider this the first time he chickened out?
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Eziachi: 1:09pm On Mar 24, 2011
debest1:

The whole debate is pointless in my opinion, any politician with  half decent oratory skills can face the camera and blab their way through issues; such skills rarely translate into good governance. Abiola during the June 12 campaign floored Tofa in the live debate, events after the annulment of the election proved that MKO was just a lot of hot air, his incapability to rule the country was exposed by his hide and seek game.
Voting for any the candidates is always going to represent a huge amount of risk, their foibles are all too glaring even to their most ardent supporters so unless we want to keep deceiving ourselves the debate is not going to determine who gets voted in at the end of the day,
So your opinion, Americans that you borrowed you system word to word are stupid for organising debates all these years?
Debate is now part and parcel of modern democracy, even the the conservative British and Australians now has one and to you its pointless.

If you are a manager of a team, you will sign a player without watching him play even for once. Communication is very essential in the modern democracy, that a leader need to sale his policies to the public and this debate gives you a glimpse of how each candidate will communicate with you in future.

Since Jonathan emerged how many time have you seen him addressed the press, talk from his heart and imprumptu without reading from something? Never!
Hate him or love him, OBJ but he is a 1st class communicator.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by bkbabe97y(m): 1:10pm On Mar 24, 2011
Gangstarest of all gangsta political moves. Let dummy GEJ debate himself. Dude showed the character that makes me wary of anything Southern Nigeria----deceptive as hell. No wonder when it comes to dealing with Nigerians I find that mostly the Northern Nigerian muslims are trustworthy;always making sure their word is their bond!

Dubious oaf! He requests for advance questions, picks a date, evades the date, tells unbelievable lies. . . . .

This is the best move the other candidates coulda pulled. . . . . Now watch them all drop out and rally behind Buhari just before the elections.

Someone get GEJ's political coffin already!
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 24, 2011
Your whole post showed ure an idi*ot of a very high calibre. . . . the bolded showed that your a complete imbe*cile!!!

No need abusing you----  your minus 1, your won't even vote--so you can go on insulting me all you can.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by blinx4real(m): 1:12pm On Mar 24, 2011
Pharoh:

So why has there been people castigating goodluck when he did not attend the first debate or the one to be held tomorrow?. He can choose to attend the dbanj concert so he should be left to the consequences of his choice.
The reason why GEJ is getting the hammer for failing to attend the previous debate is because a lot was done to accomodate him, up to the point of shifting the date twice, yet even after agreeing to be present he chickened out at the last minute with a frivolous excuse, He has to be more deft to be taken seriously
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 1:14pm On Mar 24, 2011
For someone to say that the trio are scared of the clueless GEJ is just plain silly!

I suppose the fact that someone is a President is enough for his to walk about doing as he pleases. Well let him go and debate with himself. I'm sure Umblerra will be relieved!  cheesy
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by debest1(m): 1:15pm On Mar 24, 2011
Eziachi:

So your opinion, Americans that you borrowed you system word to word are silly for organising debates all these years?
Debate is now part and parcel of modern democracy, even the the conservative British and Australians now has one and to you its pointless.

If you are a manager of a team, you will sign a player without watching him play even for once. Communication is very essential in the modern democracy, that a leader need to sale his policies to the public and this debate gives you a glimpse of how each candidate will communicate with you in future.
Since Jonathan emerged how many time have you seen him addressed the press, talk from his heart and imprumptu without reading from something? Never!
Hate him or love him, OBJ but he is a 1st class communicator.
And what purpose did the american debate serve in 2000 & 2003? When George Bush was blundering his way through most of the questions and still got voted into power? Or the number of times Tony Blair declined to take part in any TV debate yet still got elected into office,
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 24, 2011
Pharoh:

They already 'reached out to Nigerians'  . . . . . so tell me again why they have to change their schedules a second time    undecided
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by SkyBlue1: 1:16pm On Mar 24, 2011
Ujujoan:

For someone to say that the trio are scared of the clueless GEJ is just plain silly!

I suppose the fact that someone is a President is enough for his to walk about doing as he pleases. Well let him go and debate with himself. I'm sure Umblerra will be relieved!  cheesy

And are you going to win the elections for the opposition. Gosh! Honestly, we are our own worst enemies.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 24, 2011
The reason why GEJ is getting the hammer for failing to attend the previous debate is because a lot was done to accomodate him, up to the point of shifting the date twice, yet even after agreeing to be present he chickened out at the last minute with a frivolous excuse,  He has to be more deft to be taken seriously

Be honest with yourself, did the opposition bring up this excuse from GEJ before now, they just brought this up to public notice now that they are refusing to attend this debate--- no one knew they were so accommodating to GEJ, bringing up this excuse now is lame.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Pharoh: 1:18pm On Mar 24, 2011
Ujujoan:

They already 'reached out to Nigerians'  . . . . . so tell me again why they have to change their schedules a second time    undecided

Are you sure because they will also be reaching out tomorrow again for the whataboutus debate. so if they have time to attend a debate 2moro then they should attend the one organized by BON as well.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Areosapien(f): 1:24pm On Mar 24, 2011
Ujujoan:

I suppose the fact that someone is a President is enough for his to walk about doing as he pleases. Well let him go and debate with himself. I'm sure Umblerra will be relieved! cheesy

And this is coming from an Igbo(?), Beaf.
This should give you some clue on how disappointed people are with this GEJ dumbass - Cuz he's even gonna be fighting a stiff battle in the Southern region - a region he was initially believed to have on lockdown.
What a pity cheesy
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by 9ijaMan: 1:25pm On Mar 24, 2011
Sky Blue:

I beg to disagree. It would take more than this occurence to set a standard and such is a weak argument. In most instances what will allow the president to continue flagrant abuse of power is a docile populace. This is about winning an election which the opposition doesn't seem prepared to accomplish. This is not a boyfriend girlfriend quarrel, it is an election. You can claim that Jonathan abused power and you will get no disgreements from me. Ok, he abused power, what next? We are approaching the end of March. Elections are in April! And the opposition is going to boycott what would probably be the most widely aired debate visible to a larger section of the boting public because they want to make a point? What point? That they can't deal with Jonathan in a debate because he might know the questions before hand? Are they that dumb? Is it so difficult to take on Jonathan even with possible expo? Sure we can all cry unfair, but they would be doing themselves more damage by staying away. I for one have heard more than enough banter from the "opposition" about how they can be better. Time to put theory into practise or spare us please. To do that, you have to win an election, to do that, you have to convince people registered to vote to vote for you.

It is sad and desperately pathetic enough that in a country with so much human capital we are still left with the major choice of selecting between an ex military dictator who appears sincere but seems a tad clueless, the loud mouth ex EFCC chairman whose major selling point during debate was that he is "young" and has had to recant on a lot of corruption allegations he made during his ineefective tenure, and of course the PHD holder who appears anything but, shackled to a corrupt party and surrounded by corrupt individuals. I really wish ACN had fielded Adeola and Buhari had fielded a different VP. Let us not make it worse by making it so easy for PDp to sweep the coming elections.

You've made your point. However what you fail to understand is that those Nigerians who will really be interested in the so called debate have already had their minds made for them after the first debate. If this debate were to have been the first one, then the issues you raise would be very valid. As a matter of fact, these 3 candidates have a lot more to gain by boy-cutting this D'Banj Kokolete styled debate when compared to making themselves available.

Your assertion that this debate would probably be the most widely aired debate is certainly not valid as well, at least the absence of these 3 candidates will surely take the shine out of such a debate. Millions of Nigerians saw the NN24 debate live. I saw it on the web even though I'm almost 8000km away from 9ja, and the same applies to many more at home and abroad. The debate is still available to date online and anyone who cares to listen to any of the candidates still has the opportunity to see them air their views on how to go about solving some of the problems plaguing our national development.

I personally would have been more disappointed in these candidates if they didn't come out to jointly make the announcement. What you failed to understand is that GEJ refused to attend the NN24 debate even after he fixed the date to suit his plans. I guess we should all await BON to come out to inform us that all the candidates agreed to attend this second debate.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 24, 2011
Pharoh:

Are you sure because they will also be reaching out tomorrow again for the whataboutus debate. so if they have time to attend a debate 2moro then they should attend the one organized by BON as well.

Tomoroww's debate has already being scheduled. The first one was an opportunity which 'clueless' decided to ignore . . . What's the point of doing it again?

Rules are rules my friend. You don't just drop out of a debate your helped schedule and think you can get another chance just like that. It's time these rulers are taught a sense of responsibility!

Sky Blue:

And are you going to win the elections for the opposition. Gosh! Honestly, we are our own worst enemies.

Please . . . . they don't need to debate with 'clueless' to win the election!
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Eziachi: 1:25pm On Mar 24, 2011
babasoty:

Dude--- that's no reason to boycott this debate, you guys make it seem as if NN24 is more credible than the organisers of this debate or has more reach than this one-- c'mon, If GEJ has the right to choose which ever he wants to attend and likewise the opposition, then good--- don't castigate the president then for not attending that of NN24.

This word creibility was invented into this debate issue by Jonathan. I don't care who organised the debate but the point of the matter is this: Jonathan actually chose the date and signed up for the debate on the 18th but used every excuse and refused to turn up. That is the issue. If he refused from the begining to attend, that is his choice, I will have no qualms with him, because, like I said, its a matter of choice, but in this case, he chosed and signed for a debate,  but only for him to stood them up.
So stop lying to yourself, trying to turn electric into candle.
Even Jonathan love child knows that he was wrong not to attend 18th march debate and then expect those he stood up to dance to his on dictates because he is the president.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 1:28pm On Mar 24, 2011
Areosapien:

And this is coming from an Igbo(?), Beaf.
This should give you some clue on how disappointed people are with this GEJ dumbass - Cuz he's even gonna be fighting a stiff battle in the Southern region - a region he was initially believed to have on lockdown.
What a pity cheesy

I'll appreciate if you don't 'tribalize' my comment! I'm not one of the myopic Nigerians who reason based on the language they speak. I stand for excellence irrespective of the tribe or ethnic demarcation.

And I certainly do not speak for the whole of the SE region. My opinion is strictly personal!
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by texazzpete(m): 1:31pm On Mar 24, 2011
Pharoh:

I never knew the people watching the NN24 debate were mexicans. Thanks for the clarification.

Pharoh:

They'd prefer an independent debate. No guarantee that BON will not send the questions in advance to GEJ.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by SkyBlue1: 1:31pm On Mar 24, 2011
9ijaMan:

You've made your point. However what you fail to understand is that those Nigerians who will really be interested in the so called debate have already had their minds made for them after the first debate. If this debate were to have been the first one, then the issues you raise would be very valid. As a matter of fact, these 3 candidates have a lot more to gain by boy-cutting this D'Banj Kokolete styled debate when compared to making themselves available.

Your assertion that this debate would probably be the most widely aired debate is certainly not valid as well, at least the absence of these 3 candidates will surely take the shine out of such a debate. Millions of Nigerians saw the NN24 debate live. I saw it on the web even though I'm almost 8000km away from 9ja, and the same applies to many more at home and abroad. The debate is still available to date online and anyone who cares to listen to any of the candidates still has the opportunity to see them air their views on how to go about solving some of the problems plaguing our national development.

I personally would have been more disappointed in these candidates if they didn't come out to jointly make the announcement. What you failed to understand is that GEJ refused to attend the NN24 debate even after he fixed the date to suit his plans. I guess we should all await BON to come out to inform us that all the candidates agreed to attend this second debate.

I disagree. I doubt as many of the voting populace would have gone online to see the NN24 debate as many people I know didn't. I even had to scour the web to look for replays of the thing. This would be aired on NTA (we are made to believe), not some cable channel. This is a chance to reach many new people.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by 9ijaMan: 1:33pm On Mar 24, 2011
babasoty:

Be honest with yourself, did the opposition bring up this excuse from GEJ before now, they just brought this up to public notice now that they are refusing to attend this debate--- no one knew they were so accommodating to GEJ, bringing up this excuse now is lame.

I do not think it's your right to start trying to understand when and how the opposition comes to make available to the public all the backroom negotiations that took place in order for the NN24 debate to take place. What you and your likes should be doing is how move into the damage control mode to salvage whatever is is left of GEJ's face!
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Areosapien(f): 1:33pm On Mar 24, 2011
Ujujoan:

I'll appreciate if you don't 'tribalize' my comment! I'm not one of the myopic Nigerians who reason based on the language they speak. I stand for excellence irrespective of the tribe or ethnic demarcation.

And I certainly do not speak for the whole of the SE region. My opinion is strictly personal!

Oh, of course not. Tribalism is not my thing either, and I certainly do not dabble in such.
However, my statement was made to address a thread earlier opened by this same Beaf, whereby he implied Igbos made up 40 percent of Kano, 35 percent of Plateau, 30 percent of Kaduna etc.
The aim of my post is to make him see that infact not all Igbos are going to be voting within those tribal lines as he insinuated. Plain and simple.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by slimghost(m): 1:37pm On Mar 24, 2011
All YOU BUHARI FANATICS SHOULD ANSWER MY QUESTION?

How come he appointed a man he sent to jail 4 looting as the DG of his campaign organization?
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Areosapien(f): 1:37pm On Mar 24, 2011
Oh, and Ujujoan, if you're wondering, here's the link to the thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-629485.0.html
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Eziachi: 1:40pm On Mar 24, 2011
What Jonathan and his NTA big audience propaganda fail to appreciate is that in the north, far majority of this people get their news from the BBC Hausa Service than any Nigerian news media and Buhari had been very busy there.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by efisher(m): 1:40pm On Mar 24, 2011
This was GEJ's huge mistake. He should not have accepted the debate in the first place. If he had serious reservations, he should have released a statement on why he was not attending before the debate. Not after. It just painted him in bad light. I think it has become more of a PDP culture.

Going forward, the statement alone is enough 'punishment' for GEJ. They have made their point. I think they should reconsider their position probably after a some 'shakara' for the good of the process. That will make Nigerians know that they have the populace in mind and can make sacrifices for the general good. That will be a cheap point to score against GEJ.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 24, 2011
Areosapien:

Oh, of course not. Tribalism is not my thing either, and I certainly do not dabble in such.
However, my statement was made to address a thread earlier opened by this same Beaf, whereby he implied Igbos made up 40 percent of Kano, 35 percent of Plateau, 30 percent of Kaduna etc.
The aim of my post is to make him see that infact not all Igbos are going to be voting within those tribal lines as he insinuated. Plain and simple.

Oh . . okay!  cool
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Eziachi: 1:43pm On Mar 24, 2011
slimghost:

All YOU BUHARI FANATICS SHOULD ANSWER MY QUESTION?

How come he appointed a man he sent to jail 4 looting as the DG of his campaign organization?
And who is that? Did he jail the person or a tribunal set up by the SMC?
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 1:45pm On Mar 24, 2011

He got born again while in jail and decided to share the loot with Buhari, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by slimghost(m): 1:46pm On Mar 24, 2011
Eziachi:

And who is that? Did he jail the person or a tribunal set up by the SMC?

Which useless tribunal? which tribuanl convicted Ekwueme? dont make me laugh my friend! Buhari threw him in prison for looting.
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 24, 2011
texazzpete:

I never knew the people watching the NN24 debate were mexicans. Thanks for the clarification.

They'd prefer an independent debate. No guarantee that BON will not send the questions in advance to GEJ.

LMAO  cheesy  cheesy  cheesy
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 24, 2011
babasoty:

He got born again while in jail and decided to share the loot with Buhari, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ha ha very funny!

I'm not a fan of Buhari but I'll choose him anytime any day over 'clueless Umlerra'!
Re: Buhari, Ribadu, Shekarau Pull Out Of BON Debate by slimghost(m): 1:50pm On Mar 24, 2011
@Ujujoan

Nnem, if u call GEJ clueless, wat will u call Buhari then? clueless squared i guess

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Abduction Of Katsina Students: Declare State Of Emergency Now – Atiku To Buhari / Federal Government Agency Buys 10 Bullet Proof Cars / Honourable Justice Karatu Gets Blocked From Delivering Judgement On Her Last Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.