Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,381 members, 7,829,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship (19705 Views)

What Do You Miss About Your Ex That Your Present Relationship Doesn't Have? / Describe Your Present Relationship Condition With One Picture. / Man Grabs Lady's Chest, Reveals To Continue Sleeping With Different Women. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 11, 2020
Patiks:

If you say so.

I think five years is long enough for a man to learn to cherish his partner if he truly loves her despite challenges.
For the fact he doesn't want to let her go, he loves her, they should have resolutions. The guy should work on himself but she shouldn't leave him..
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by richieray: 4:09pm On Dec 11, 2020
Sadly,you won't be there when it happens again, people like you encourage bad vibes in relationship.I hope someday,you find a partner that beats you and hope people change.
Europeanian:

Is a lie, change is constant... people do change..the fact is that the guy loves her and that's why he doesn't want to let her go!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by Patiks: 4:09pm On Dec 11, 2020
Europeanian:
For the fact he doesn't want to let her go, he loves her, they should have resolutions. The guy should work on himself but she shouldn't leave him..

She who wears the shoe knows where it pinches. The ball is in her court.
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by bbmate: 4:10pm On Dec 11, 2020
Bud guy!!!
You hit them all
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by toye440: 4:11pm On Dec 11, 2020
Europeanian:
I

WRONG ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Change is constant.. people do change oh.

For the fact he doesn't want to let her go, he loves you and guys like this do end up marrying the lady they cnt let go. Don't listen to all these other advices saying you should quit the relationship. Most of them are just sadist and don't like anything marriage. The guy love you, stick with him and have enough dialogue with him.
Young man i speak from an endless wealth of experience, as i hv counselled more severe cases than this. I believe i know when love has gone awry and stale, i know when to hold on and when to quit or let go, and i can tell u there is nothing to salvage in this relationship.
If he laid his hands on u when u single, trust me he has the tendencies of knocking u out when u r married to him.
I want to believe this young man calling me out shares thesame proclivities as our pugilist boy friend.
He that has ears let him hear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by Reex12(m): 4:12pm On Dec 11, 2020
forget the discussion so this girl registered just yesterday and her topic is now on frontpage ...nawo this life no balance
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by onetouch04: 4:15pm On Dec 11, 2020
Just tell us d truth. D guy dey shack in wela. U no fit leave am because of him BBC. I no blame u sha. Big dick with gud sex a hard to come by. Hold on tight...

But guy no dey show ur muscle where woman dey. Abeg treat her like a jewel that she is.

Sexual compatibility is gud in relationship.
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 11, 2020
toye440:

Young man i speak from an endless wealth of experience, as i hv counselled more severe cases than this. I believe i know when love has gone awry and stale, i know when to hold on and when to quit or let go, and i can tell u there is nothing to salvage in this relationship.
If he laid his hands on u when u single, trust me he has the tendencies of knocking u out when u r married to him.
I want to believe this young man calling me out shares thesame proclivities as our purgilist boy friend.
He that has ears let him hear.

For the fact he doesn't want to let her go, he loves you and guys like this do end up marrying the lady they cnt let go. Don't listen to all these other advices saying you should quit the relationship. Most of them are just sadist and don't like anything marriage. The guy love you, stick with him and have enough dialogue with him.
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 11, 2020
richieray:
Sadly,you won't be there when it happens again, people like you encourage bad vibes in relationship.I hope someday,you find a partner that beats you and hope people change.

Is a lie, change is constant... people do change..the fact is that the guy loves her and that's why he doesn't want to let her go!!
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by rollybest(m): 4:22pm On Dec 11, 2020
Europeanian:

Any guy that beats a lady is untrained, ill mannered and immature. If a lady is so annoying to me to be with in a relationship, if i can't endure i leave than to raise my hands on her.
Secondly girls should stop fornicating with guys, if he can't endure till marriage for sex let him go. See finish dey always cause problem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by boxer022(m): 4:23pm On Dec 11, 2020
Europeanian:

I didn't tell her to quit, I only gave her two choices for her to make. It is left to her to decide what she wants for herself. As for saying that people change, I am not saying its false. My only problem is the fact that he hits her. I am strongly against such habit. How can you tell me a man will beat up a lady he claims to love. My concern is that if eventually he gets married to her, the abuse will definitely continue and then it will be a different case. As I said earlier, she has the choice to make for herself.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by Bullman(m): 4:23pm On Dec 11, 2020
Bbliss24:
Good evening guys,
It all started in my University days, I met this guy but I was in a relationship when I met him. I didn't like the guy because of his tribe no offence,I just liked his vibe but we dated.

When I met my current boyfriend I told him that I was in a relationship and that I can't double date he was like no problem but mind you i already found him attractive. To cut the long story short i broke up with the other guy to date him. It was all rosy the first two years he worked his service to ph then because my family lives in ph I was in Enugu then but i went home for break,where we hooked up and most times I had to lie to my parents that I was going for night class just to spend the night at his place mind you he was very smart and sound academically so some of those night he did put me through for my exam.

To cut the whole story short he has changed completely what he use to do before he no longer does it,his excuse is that I made him that way . I stay with him in Enugu but temporary till I get my place during this period he gets angry easily and hits me his excuse is that I am arrogant and I dont respect him.Most times I try to opt out from the relationship he comes up with story of after all I have done for you I gave up my family and my life for you and this is how you want to pay me back ,then he starts rendering causes on me.

The truth is he is a good guy and when I met him he never laid his hands on me until I started staying with him. We have dated for 5years and emotions are mixed I find it hard to leave the relationship....

U aint married yet he is already testing his mayweather skills on u, when u get married, thats if he ever gets married to u it sure gonna get worst.
Truth is the guy didnt change he has always been like that love blinded you, u ignored his flaws. Aunty jakpa or tell me
What size is your casket?
Please be kind to let me know.
Dont endure no foolz domestic violence

2 Likes

Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:25pm On Dec 11, 2020
Ode! grin
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by MARX77(m): 4:25pm On Dec 11, 2020
Bbliss24:
Good evening guys,
It all started in my University days, I met this guy but I was in a relationship when I met him. I didn't like the guy because of his tribe no offence,I just liked his vibe but we dated.

When I met my current boyfriend I told him that I was in a relationship and that I can't double date he was like no problem but mind you i already found him attractive. To cut the long story short i broke up with the other guy to date him. It was all rosy the first two years he worked his service to ph then because my family lives in ph I was in Enugu then but i went home for break,where we hooked up and most times I had to lie to my parents that I was going for night class just to spend the night at his place mind you he was very smart and sound academically so some of those night he did put me through for my exam.

To cut the whole story short he has changed completely what he use to do before he no longer does it,his excuse is that I made him that way . I stay with him in Enugu but temporary till I get my place during this period he gets angry easily and hits me his excuse is that I am arrogant and I dont respect him.Most times I try to opt out from the relationship he comes up with story of after all I have done for you I gave up my family and my life for you and this is how you want to pay me back ,then he starts rendering causes on me.

The truth is he is a good guy and when I met him he never laid his hands on me until I started staying with him. We have dated for 5years and emotions are mixed I find it hard to leave the relationship....
You broke up with your ex for your new lover for reasons I believe you termed "just" 5 years ago. Please enjoy what you see now. I pray your ex never ends up with someone like you ever again.
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by Bullman(m): 4:27pm On Dec 11, 2020
Europeanian:

Dude is enjoying free puna till he gets a replacement
Dont ever pray to meet someone that abuse you physically mentally and emotionally they rarely change.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by theTransporter: 4:34pm On Dec 11, 2020
Bbliss24:
Good evening guys,

I read this on guest mode, but I had to log in to reply this..
Auntie check well, u have probably changed, u have probably lost the respect u use to have towards him, because you have known him in and out, and u feel he's not over you cos he's not your husband yet.

I have this experience of a girl who use to respect me so much and behave herself when she was around me, part of the reason was that I lied to her that I am 6 years older than her, she believed thoo.
When we became so familiar and she found out that am just months older than her, guess what, respect vanished...

I believe u made him change,

The solution is that you should sit him down and ask him the ways u have made him change, in what ways u have changed from how u use to be.

This is my own 20 cents
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by sterlingD(m): 4:36pm On Dec 11, 2020
Give him space let him sort himself and his life issues out.l hope the space you give him he will use it well to evaluate and asses himself very well and work on himself thoroughly.
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by Myhusband(m): 4:37pm On Dec 11, 2020
you lied to your parents so as to pass a night and read book in his place, OK book grin

the guy is sound academically, I guess that's what attracted you to him, you are easily attracted to intelligent guy which is not bad but being sound academically is not enough criteria to prove a man maturity or go into a relationship with you

you tried to leave him and he started cursing and reminding you what he had done in the past, shows he's helping you not for helping sake but to keep emotions lively

he beat you and you're still asking if you move on, if you're my sister the way I go tey beat you for asking what to do ehn, them go think you steal in the market. imagine someone that haven't do anything on your head is beating you and you don't see destruction is waiting for you in the future?

if you know won make we wey no get sister swear for you ehn, leave that intelligent beast and find someone that has a balance mental state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by veraiyke(m): 4:46pm On Dec 11, 2020
Hitting aspect is where I hold strongly that it's time to take a bow and move on
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by poweredcom(m): 4:53pm On Dec 11, 2020
odinson1:

This is why We keep saying all nigerian ladies are h.oes
Did you guys see where she said that she Broke up with her boyfriend to date this current guy? This Current guy is probably richer than the previous Guy.

To all The guys who can see this,You are dating your girlfriend but she is not dating you! You are just one of her many options through which she Gets limitless attention, validation and Resources from,and she will definitely dump you when she finds someone Better than you.
So my advice to you is just have sex with her now when you can,don't spend a single dime on her head! You both enjoy the sex so why should you Be the one to Take care of her bills

Thank you boss

You sabi Weller these naija gals are all psycho..just a sprinkle few are sensible

I de pity guys wey de love for naija now especially wey de struggle ...

The best way to gain from a woman na make she born for you first ..after that if she ean live her life like idiot na she sabi ..by that time her body go calm down small..if she de see the pikin ..yes some will still misbehave but as a man you got your kid ..and be happy ...and bang Dem de go around you

@womenareapes ..three gbosa for this bros
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by apple30(f): 4:57pm On Dec 11, 2020
Bbliss24:
Good evening guys,

. My dear over familiarity CU's a lot of damages in relationship ,it takes a lot of work to keep ur mind set n his towards each oda in check ,becus both of u av seen it all.. d feeling n anxiety toward each oda has drop to zero percent ,dats y u see husband n wife always av issues becus of see finish ,if u can't find anything gud to hold n any reason to stay d marriage will end up in disaster ...either u move out or both of u should find a reason to be together ...when d feeln,n craziness ,and attraction drop to zero percent n u guys can still stay in one roof without tiring each oda apart ,DAT means dey is a reason to stay..I rest my case lipsrsealed
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by ogwuche4u(m): 5:01pm On Dec 11, 2020
Acid coming your way soon. Quit abusive relationship. It's not about how long but how well. That guy can do something dangerous to you. The sooner you quit, the better for you.

Bbliss24:
Good evening guys,

1 Like

Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by dave4rella(m): 5:08pm On Dec 11, 2020
grin

He's obviously tired of you

Japa

I still have stone and chaf free Nigerian rice for sale in PH and neighbouring states
My contact is in my signature
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by ojuu4u(m): 5:13pm On Dec 11, 2020
Europeanian:
I

Marriage councillor and lover of marriage.

I doubt if you knw different btw these words. Banging, dating, courtship and marriage.

Am also curious to knw definition of ur own love, I guess beatings is part of ur own definition.

A guy that loved girl, would have, at least do introduction and ask her to move to his place.

A guy who puts tag on a lady who is yet to married and don't allow other guy to marry her, is a big enemy of marriage.

If after 10 yrs of banging the guy move on to marry other girl, what will be the girl Faith sir?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 11, 2020
Europeanian:

The fact is that the guy loves her ooo, she shouldn't leave him, they should have continuous mutual understanding...no relationship is perfect. The fact is that the guy loves her for not letting go of her

you kept typing "...the guy loves her for not letting go of her".

the question is " how does the guy in question goes about not letting go of her?"
hasn't it been "by making the OP feel guilty coupled with cursing"?!
where's the love in that?!

the guy's brand of "not letting her go" is toxic, the OP should better opt out to save her sanity.
On second thought, it's perhaps "karma" at work. Maybe the OP deserves no pity, after all she deliberately wrecked havoc on her erstwhile boyfriend's emotion before this.
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by biyimore: 5:15pm On Dec 11, 2020
we've heard your story sister. relationship of five years with love,care,and beating. Don't come here in five years time asking people how to opt out of your marriage because your husband has turned you to punching bag.
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by womenareapes: 5:16pm On Dec 11, 2020
poweredcom:

Thank you boss

You sabi Weller these naija gals are all psycho..just a sprinkle few are sensible

I de pity guys wey de love for naija now especially wey de struggle ...

The best way to gain from a woman na make she born for you first ..after that if she ean live her life like idiot na she sabi ..by that time her body go calm down small..if she de see the pikin ..yes some will still misbehave but as a man you got your kid ..and be happy ...and bang Dem de go around you

@womenareapes ..three gbosa for this bros
I wonder why people still care for those piece of shiit Naija women! undecided

those species ain't built for relationship!

1 Like

Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by bepositive11: 5:18pm On Dec 11, 2020
Europeanian:

He loves you that's the fact, don't leave him. If you love him back, then help him solve his trust issues or anger of always hitting on you. Please give him one more chance, call him, let you both seat down and talk..tell him what you dislike about him and let him tell you his own dislikes. Make him vow or swear with God's name or the Bible that he would never hit you again or hurt you again. If he loves you, he ought to. I think he loves you that's why he doesn't want to allow you go. A guy doesn't give up on a lady he loves, he must be persistent in getting her back. He still loves you, that's the fact. . follow dialogue and do the above I told you. Learn to smile always and look into his eyes when you both are in arguments or tensed situation, it would calm him down..you a lady learn to cry or fake emotional cry, it would calm him down. Forgive him and accepts him, he loves you. Success!

Op, ignore this! A man who truly loves you will never do anything to hurt you. You cannot make him change. Only him can change his ways. And him not wanting you to leave is not love. There is a huge difference between codependency and love. A man who truly loves you will let you go if it makes you happy, even though it hurts him. Please, know that he does not love you!

1 Like

Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by CsRockefeller(m): 5:32pm On Dec 11, 2020
Most Nigerian ladies are really damaged emotionally and psychologically, it's a very big worry. I know this because I interact daily with them.

It's obvious that man won't marry you, then who do you then drop your baggage of used sex organ and an abused mind to?

Damn!! It's really a sad situation.
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by GOOOGLE504(m): 5:34pm On Dec 11, 2020
Bbliss24:
Good evening guys,

May God save our ladies. The guy don taya nau and doesn't value your kpekus that much anymore, to the extent of hitting you.

Stay away from him, your own person will locate you eventually someday. Till then, stay prayerful. Peace.
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by MissEfe(f): 5:38pm On Dec 11, 2020
That guy is broke and down. instead of u helping him up 2 his feet again u want 2 leave him and u are telling him to his face after everything he has down 4 u. You are suppose to encourage him and help him grow again. Or just ieave him without him knowing since u cnt date and manage a broke guy. You are just adding up 2 his frustration. You b INGRATE. After stayin at his house for 5yrs, bcus he is nw broke u want 2 move out and dump him? You practically drained that guy. Some gals self eh. SMH.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ladies Who Is The Hottest Man In The World 2 You? / For Fun: Guyz How Do your babe Ask For Sex When she is With You? / Ridiculous Misconception And Assumptions About Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.