Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,740 members, 7,851,542 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:11 PM

Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship (19724 Views)

What Do You Miss About Your Ex That Your Present Relationship Doesn't Have? / Describe Your Present Relationship Condition With One Picture. / Man Grabs Lady's Chest, Reveals To Continue Sleeping With Different Women. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by Felalucky8(m): 5:46pm On Dec 11, 2020
My Dear Karma caught up with you, you can't cheat nature. imagine you broke up with a guy without no reason just to be with another guy.what goes around comes around.whatever you don't wish for yourself, don't do it to others. Amend your ways.
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by mathong: 5:54pm On Dec 11, 2020
BaddieFreak:

You said he is a good guy but he hits you. A good and responsible guy won't hit you no matter what. Dump his ass if he doesn't change. Be strong, build your self esteem and be safe.

First read well her "cut-short" stories,

She left one guy to the new one which then was financially okay,

Now the guy is broke hence she's started looking for better shiny "I wanna be" outside.

The guy beating her now is because:

For 5 yrs I cared and show you love and respect, now that I'm broke why can't you do same...hence beating.

Sorry guy, everyone can't be you, no need beating lest you kill her one day...move, gather up and be a man.

This girl also, stop breaking men's heart, decide and know clearly what you want and stick to it!
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by Aimerosa25(f): 6:06pm On Dec 11, 2020
Europeanian:

The relationship isn't toxic..The guy can change, The main thing in a relationship is love, the guy doesn't want to let her leave because he loves her.. no relationship is perfect..there is no perfect being, we all aim at being good. The guy loves her ,that's the main thing, he should give him another chance oh.....
ok o, if u say so
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by Felalucky8(m): 6:08pm On Dec 11, 2020
My Dear Karma caught up with you, you can't cheat nature. imagine you broke up with a guy without no reason just to be with another guy.what goes around comes around.whatever you don't wish for yourself, don't do it to others. Amend your ways.
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 11, 2020
bepositive11:

Op, ignore this! A man who truly loves you will never do anything to hurt you. You cannot make him change. Only him can change his ways. And him not wanting you to leave is not love. There is a huge difference between codependency and love. A man who truly loves you will let you go if it makes you happy, even though it hurts him. Please, know that he does not love you!

The guy loves her that why he doesn't want to let her go....Love is real..
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by Gift96: 6:27pm On Dec 11, 2020
These might seem like a simple issue but it's good you think deep in it
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by Tonalphs(f): 6:36pm On Dec 11, 2020
my problem is why is everyone having relationship issues this period?
op don't ignore your instincts. if it's bad, it's bad. don't justify or encourage bad behavior.
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by Coolcalmcollect(m): 7:04pm On Dec 11, 2020
Bbliss24:
Good evening guys,
It all started in my University days, I met this guy but I was in a relationship when I met him. I didn't like the guy because of his tribe no offence,I just liked his vibe but we dated.

When I met my current boyfriend I told him that I was in a relationship and that I can't double date he was like no problem but mind you i already found him attractive. To cut the long story short i broke up with the other guy to date him. It was all rosy the first two years he worked his service to ph then because my family lives in ph I was in Enugu then but i went home for break,where we hooked up and most times I had to lie to my parents that I was going for night class just to spend the night at his place mind you he was very smart and sound academically so some of those night he did put me through for my exam.

To cut the whole story short he has changed completely what he use to do before he no longer does it,his excuse is that I made him that way . I stay with him in Enugu but temporary till I get my place during this period he gets angry easily and hits me his excuse is that I am arrogant and I dont respect him.Most times I try to opt out from the relationship he comes up with story of after all I have done for you I gave up my family and my life for you and this is how you want to pay me back ,then he starts rendering causes on me.

The truth is he is a good guy and when I met him he never laid his hands on me until I started staying with him. We have dated for 5years and emotions are mixed I find it hard to leave the relationship....
you left your ex for him and you expect him to trust you won't do the same to him.... enjoy your relationship biko I have no advice for thots
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by Stefenijoan002(f): 7:31pm On Dec 11, 2020
My advice is simple since he has start hitting you there's no going back .he will turn you to his punching bag until you know longer recognize urself in the mirror so end the ship .he's tired of you n doesn't want to marry you.you should know this yourself rather than waiting for someone to tell you to do the need for.
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by Angelacruz: 7:41pm On Dec 11, 2020
maybe he is financially down n he is vetting d anger on u...give him some space
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:48pm On Dec 11, 2020
You said he's nice so continue.
A man that hits you and emotionally black mail you to stay with him is still nice to you. I think I know why he's Nice
He buys you gifts and gives you much and bleeps you the way no one ever does. The hitting is nothing compared to him hitting your G spot.
Having said all that, if you really want to end things with him, call it off once and for all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:49pm On Dec 11, 2020
Europeanian:

The guy loves her that why he doesn't want to let her go....Love is real..
What kind of Lovef is that? He loves her so much he can't help hitting her to proof his love?

1 Like

Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:52pm On Dec 11, 2020
mathong:

First read well her "cut-short" stories,

She left one guy to the new one which then was financially okay,

Now the guy is broke hence she's started looking for better shiny "I wanna be" outside.

The guy beating her now is because:

For 5 yrs I cared and show you love and respect, now that I'm broke why can't you do same...hence beating.

Sorry guy, everyone can't be you, no need beating lest you kill her one day...move, gather up and be a man.

This girl also, stop breaking men's heart, decide and know clearly what you want and stick to it!
There's some sense in your comment

2 Likes

Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by Wittyglam(f): 8:00pm On Dec 11, 2020
You broke up with somebody else to be with him...he is not into you anymore and you guys are not meant for each other, stop counting the years you have spent together and move on and don't subscribe to any form of domestic violence.
This relationship is already over a long time ago.

Check out my YouTube channel for more tips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_yVEf8o9fY
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 11, 2020
Too much of everything is tiring. I think he's tired of having you around frequently. The same way many feel in marriages today. Try to create some space between you & if the situation persists,,,, try to japa,,,, my dear.

Coming from a guy whose ex left for a ready-made man grin. But God pass man cool

1 Like

Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by DukeJoe17: 9:06pm On Dec 11, 2020
Seyzcham91:
na only you get sense here honestly!

i thought i was the only one that noticed that part

all naija girls be olosho walahi. na the best bidder dem dey go with and by best bidder i mean person with more and more money

See how she said it without remorse that she left her Ex and Move to the new guy without telling us the new guy is kind of richer a little she now lying that one helping her academically and intelligent. Intelligent my foot. she think we be mumu

all these girls no dey after intelligence or fine bobo anymore or six packs na money sure pass and more reason some Mumu Low self esteem, myopic naija guys dey resort to Money Ritual so as to Get girls attention

I keep saying all naija girls are blood sucking mosquitoes

And back to that girl that says the guy keep beating her or something and others here saying the guy is tired of her pussy, yes thats right the guy don dey get free pussy for too long but do you guys also ask her why she never wants to leave the guy? its more like an abusive relationship and yet she doesn't want to leave and she shouldn't be giving us shits of CUZ OF LOVE FOR HIM cuz thats a big lie. that guy get small money for hand and the girl no won let go of that benefits is the only reason she's sticking with him and don't wanna let go despite the abuse

well. i rest my case!

Just look at her insatiable and greedy mouth, she broke up with her boyfriend because another boy came around flashing her with some coins, shame on you body monger.

It is karm is making use you.
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by DukeJoe17: 9:21pm On Dec 11, 2020
Bbliss24:

When I met my current boyfriend I told him that I was in a relationship and that I can't double date he was like no problem but mind you i already found him attractive. To cut the long story short i broke up with the other guy to date him.

You selfishly and greedily left your boyfriend for a new catch with rubbers,
it is KARMA that is dealing with you.
How I wish your ex will see this and knew that he doesn't deserve a body monger.

You have being in a relationship with him for five years and you haven't met another person attractive and worthy of dating?
I Don't believe you cos you might have cheated on him on many occasions since you are so weak emotionally and physically

Leaving a boyfriend and spending five years with hard Bleep with another boyfriend is stupidity, kindly look around we still have many attractive boys that you can date since you are a butterfly. Mtcheewwwwww

1 Like

Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by Bbliss24: 9:32pm On Dec 11, 2020
musicproducer:
he tire of ur pussy, n u are not worth it he has a good job wetin u get?
I work too and I have my own money I dont depend on him for anything
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 11, 2020
Bbliss24:
I work too and I have my own money I dont depend on him for anything
then he tire of ur pussiiiiiii give him space he misss pussiiiiiii again
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by Xmen149(m): 10:43pm On Dec 11, 2020
BaddieFreak:

You said he is a good guy but he hits you. A good and responsible guy won't hit you no matter what. Dump his ass if he doesn't change. Be strong, build your self esteem and be safe.

hmm,.this your no matter what na wa oh,.if i offend you or not in a relationship and you come at me with lethal material omo i go beat the lady wella wella walahi.

That one aside.

am not justifying violence in relationship (but self defense) but OP you have finished telling us what he does wrong right?

can you please detail for us your own wrongs dnt tell me ua an angel..to help you we need to know everything
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by BRATISLAVA: 12:16am On Dec 12, 2020
Shortyy:
Things I read on Nairaland ehn. How can you live with someone for 5 years?? Someone you're not married to??

They are cohabiting. They are the ones who oppose marriage yet still want to play house. Of course they're tired of the relationship.

A man she's not married to is beating her, and she's still there listening to him talking about how much he spent. What hold does he have over her? And she's still telling us so many times that he's a good guy.

She doesn't need help or our opinions. She wants to be with him by all means, this good guy who beats her up. So romantic.
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by BRATISLAVA: 12:22am On Dec 12, 2020
Bbliss24:
that was before but he is okay now

When men are poor they are good. Give them a little money and they are too good for the woman they always claim they want her to struggle with him.

But you, madam, youdon't want to leave him. It's written all over your initial post. You are still debating leaving a violent man because he's blackmailing you? Because he's a good guy.
If he's so good, why are you here?
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by BRATISLAVA: 12:33am On Dec 12, 2020
toye440:

Young man i speak from an endless wealth of experience, as i hv counselled more severe cases than this. I believe i know when love has gone awry and stale, i know when to hold on and when to quit or let go, and i can tell u there is nothing to salvage in this relationship.
If he laid his hands on u when u single, trust me he has the tendencies of knocking u out when u r married to him.
I want to believe this young man calling me out shares thesame proclivities as our pugilist boy friend.
He that has ears let him hear.
You've said it all. The way he's everywhere in support of the boyfriend makes it credible that he's the violent boyfriend looking for validation here.

1 Like

Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by mentored: 12:34am On Dec 12, 2020
Bbliss24:
Good evening guys,
It all started in my University days, I met this guy but I was in a relationship when I met him. I didn't like the guy because of his tribe no offence,I just liked his vibe but we dated.

When I met my current boyfriend I told him that I was in a relationship and that I can't double date he was like no problem but mind you i already found him attractive. To cut the long story short i broke up with the other guy to date him. It was all rosy the first two years he worked his service to ph then because my family lives in ph I was in Enugu then but i went home for break,where we hooked up and most times I had to lie to my parents that I was going for night class just to spend the night at his place mind you he was very smart and sound academically so some of those night he did put me through for my exam.

To cut the whole story short he has changed completely what he use to do before he no longer does it,his excuse is that I made him that way . I stay with him in Enugu but temporary till I get my place during this period he gets angry easily and hits me his excuse is that I am arrogant and I dont respect him.Most times I try to opt out from the relationship he comes up with story of after all I have done for you I gave up my family and my life for you and this is how you want to pay me back ,then he starts rendering causes on me.

The truth is he is a good guy and when I met him he never laid his hands on me until I started staying with him. We have dated for 5years and emotions are mixed I find it hard to leave the relationship....

He hits you

Because he disrespects you

You can’t be sleeping with a man who is not married to you and expect respect ✊

Pack out

He might repent

But be careful

You fit still die of beating in the future
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by BRATISLAVA: 12:37am On Dec 12, 2020
BayMc:

you kept typing "...the guy loves her for not letting go of her".

the question is " how does the guy in question goes about not letting go of her?"
hasn't it been "by making the OP feel guilty coupled with cursing"?!
where's the love in that?!

the guy's brand of "not letting her go" is toxic, the OP should better opt out to save her sanity.
On second thought, it's perhaps "karma" at work. Maybe the OP deserves no pity, after all she deliberately wrecked havoc on her erstwhile boyfriend's emotion before this.
He's the guy, or another beater. He says it's love. Lol
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by BRATISLAVA: 12:41am On Dec 12, 2020
MissEfe:
That guy is broke and down. instead of u helping him up 2 his feet again u want 2 leave him and u are telling him to his face after everything he has down 4 u. You are suppose to encourage him and help him grow again. Or just ieave him without him knowing since u cnt date and manage a broke guy. You are just adding up 2 his frustration. You b INGRATE. After stayin at his house for 5yrs, bcus he is nw broke u want 2 move out and dump him? You practically drained that guy. Some gals self eh. SMH.

If someone does something for you, it means they can curse you, beat you and blackmail you? Because they did something out of love for you, you cannot change your mind later on.

Imagine you entered a car, in the hope of buying it. You take it for a test drive like everyone else on the planet does. But when it's time to come down, because you don't want like something about the car, the car dealer begins to beat you up, that you must buy the car because you sat on it. You will be an INGRATE, unhelpful, you are supposed to encourage the car dealer, you have added to his frustration, right?

Some of you don't even understand relationships, and that is why you are beaten and you enjoy it. You have no human rights and you love it like that. Imagine all the assumptions in the post quoted. Judges with no other manual but their warped judgement.
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by MissEfe(f): 2:17am On Dec 12, 2020
[quote author=BRATISLAVA post=96979353]

If someone does something for you, it means they can curse you, beat you and blackmail you? Because they did something out of love for you, you cannot change your mind later on.

Imagine you entered a car, in the hope of buying it. You take it for a test drive like everyone else on the planet does. But when it's time to come down, because you don't want like something about the car, the car dealer begins to beat you up, that you must buy the car because you sat on it. You will be an INGRATE, unhelpful, you are supposed to encourage the car dealer, you have added to his frustration, right?
After damaging the said car meant 4 testing? If u are the owner of this car would u have accepted d car back even after it have been misused and damaged by d said tester? If u dont undstnd my post then go bck to it up dere, read again but this time gently and calmly so u can digest and undstnd it. Apply brain and sense in whatever u do in life, 2 avoid unnecesary trouble.
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by ojuu4u(m): 6:38am On Dec 12, 2020
Tonalphs:
my problem is why is everyone having relationship issues this period?
op don't ignore your instincts. if it's bad, it's bad. don't justify or encourage bad behavior.

Are you having relationship issue too? Or you are not with a guy at all
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by ojuu4u(m): 6:48am On Dec 12, 2020
DukeJoe17:

Just look at her insatiable and greedy mouth, she broke up with her boyfriend because another boy came around flashing her with some coins, shame on you body monger.

It is karm is making use you.

According to her, she also said the new guy also agreed for her to double date initially, became the guy say no problem to date him and old guy together then

Its a big sign that the new guy wanted to have her for banging, he refused to let go of her because of free banging and not because of love, in fact OP has confirmed that she don't ask him for anything.

I always pity some girls, they will think they are into serious relationship with certain guys, meanwhile the guy is just using her to whine a way time and to release tension
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by Canada2021: 6:58am On Dec 12, 2020
Bbliss24:
Good evening guys,

I am happy you came out here to embarrass yourself. Let the whole world see my profile to see the number of times I have suffered from her maltreatment by checking the number of threads I have created because of her.

I have known this babe for 4 years actually. We met in school I was a year ahead of her in school. I assisted this babe countlessly even her final year project.

When it was time for service, she pleaded with me to serve in th state her parents resided. I turned down a lucrative offer just because I wanted to serve in her state( a decision I really regret).

During service she started giving me series of issues from lies to cheating on me. Few days to my passing out, I developed a life threatening illness, I was in coma for 2 days. This babe refused to visit me in the hospital until my friend threatened her.

My family members disowned me for months because of the stupid decision I made to give up a job because of her. Despite that while I was still job hunting I accommodated her in my house and assisted her in getting a little job that was able to cater for her expenses.

I created a thread sometime last year where she denied having money but only to find out that she had money in her account but blatantly refused to assist me.

I finally got a job and relocated and told her to come and stay with me because of proximity to her place of primary assignment. We have issues severally but this babe would always raise her voice so my neighbours will hear.

She would always say that she will ensure they give me quit notice. She even went ahead to report me to my landlady.

I regret hitting her in the past and I can vouch that she cannot remember the last time I did that.

I was shocked to see this post online because we have been living happily.

I met her parents and told them my intention to marry their daughter. I was able to find out from her that they dont like me because of my tribe (ibo). According to them igbos are ritualist.

I came back from work 2 days ago to see her lying down complaining that she has malaria, I cooked for her not knowing that she had already maligned me online.

I have pictorial evidence if you guyz need more.

I have done my best for her.

I just had to do this for the sake of fair hearing.
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by DukeJoe17: 7:13am On Dec 12, 2020
ojuu4u:

According to her, she also said the new guy also agreed for her to double date initially, became the guy say no problem to date him and old guy together then

Its a big sign that the new guy wanted to have her for banging, he refused to let go of her because of free banging and not because of love, in fact OP has confirmed that she don't ask him for anything.

I always pity some girls, they will think they are into serious relationship with certain guys, meanwhile the guy is just using her to whine a way time and to release tension

I don't pity these set of girls because they don't really know what they want and anyone that give them attention will have his way under their pant.
A sane girl should have known that no man that have a genuine interest in her will her to double date.
Re: Advice On Whether To Continue With My Present Relationship by osusu(m): 7:22am On Dec 12, 2020
I'll come back to comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ladies Who Is The Hottest Man In The World 2 You? / Gentlemen, It Is Not Polite To Borrow Money From A Lady - Grant Harrold / People Said My Boobs Ought To Be Where I Placed My Hand - Chioma Love Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.