Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? (42781 Views)

'Fear Woman: The Adulterous Wife' - Obituary Poster In Delta State (photo) / My Adulterous Wife Threw Me Out Of My Home And Moved In Her Lover-Ibadan Man / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by sleekman(m): 5:25pm On Dec 12, 2020
Kobicove:

Is it your neighbours that should pass judgement on your wife? undecided

She was caught red-handed by the neighbours you dey here dey preach what exactly? Abeg if na alcohol u need this evening you better get one fast.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by DukeNija(m): 5:26pm On Dec 12, 2020
Notatribalist:
You're here on nairaland dashing out useless advice. Didn't you see where he said he is partly responsible by denying her sex?He just admit error and you're here talking nonsense.. OP,if you know truly you denied her sex kindly go bring her back and make some amendment, but if she continue in her unholy way kiss her goodbye.

Mumu man. Because HIV will wait at the door for them to reconcile.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by malvisguy212: 5:27pm On Dec 12, 2020
Jazzafizzy:
Igala Woman doing this ?
am not igala, but am suprise , you hardly here this type of complain about igala women.
Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by bizhop01: 5:28pm On Dec 12, 2020
bestman09:

Take her back if you really love her and if she is sincerely remorseful for what she did, not because of the money you spent marrying her.

The devil you know is better than the angel you don't know and the grass is not greener at the other side
What's if he's not the true father of the child?
Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by toye440: 5:29pm On Dec 12, 2020
I love the fact that u admit to starving ur wife sexually, but her committing adultery is unacceptable.
Man if dowry is ur reason for bringing her back then u have no reason as u might choke her in sleep one night if she ever offends u. Its like buying a spoilt bread and still want to eat it because it cost u an arm and leg.
Man U know ur heart better than anyone here, if u love ur wife and u are sure she regrets the shameful act, pls hold this family talk to settle, but if like i said the dowry is ur reason, pls get a good lawyer and claim custody of ur children, and u might want to try or do a paternity test. An adultrous woman can never raise morally sound children.
Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by sleekman(m): 5:30pm On Dec 12, 2020
Igolonwaanyi:
You need to go on your knees and pray. God will change her heart, and make her repent. Remember; the Bible frowns on divorce.

tongue tongue tongue

You must be kidding mehttps://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC.1215355356c43fa2c6e9c17c7ddd43ce&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.%2fmedia%2fOQF2bRxuEh08o%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=k9IJVFUqQI8xtUVt4HQMeCyaO4XP4aI2BheI4YeiaG4%3d
Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by BluntTheApostle(m): 5:30pm On Dec 12, 2020
DrFunmisticGlow:
if roles were reversed and op was a woman, your kind would still give the same advice i am giving. Hypocrite.

You don't know me, so don't jump into conclusion.

I don't condone cheating, irrespective of the gender guilty.

When I was serving as a pastor, I always tell couples that love and trust are yvery important in every relationship. Take these two away, and you can never have rest of mind in that relationship.

If someone cheats, and their spouse catches them, trust would start diminishing. And when trust dies totally, love will never be enough to salvage that relationship.

So, it is better not to cheat.

I tell this to both men and women.

If there is no trust, the distrustful partner will be extremely suspicious of the activities of their spouse. Their rest of mind will disappear. The person being suspected too would not have rest of mind because they will now have to be dealing with an extremely suspicious spouse.

In summary, once cheating creeps into a relationship, it can never be the same except through serious praying, fasting and counselling.

And for all this to happen, the person who cheated has to first realize that no one but themselves are to blame for their actions. She/he willingly chose to cheat.

1 Like

Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by smasher1(m): 5:30pm On Dec 12, 2020
Sebastine1994:
i came back from work on Friday to discover that my wife has ran away with our son and some properties in the house, my neighbor said she is a bad woman that I should let her go, they caught her in adultery and she ran away because of shame.

for the first time in my life I discovered that I have not played my role as a husband. I was just focused on bringing back money home for the family and forgot the sexual responsibility, I agree I am at fault too. but if I calculate all the bride price I spent and wedding cost, I feel like going to bring her back. if not for her sake but for the baby, please advice is needed now

she is an igala while I am igbo,

Is the bride price up to N1billion naira? Do you like your life?

1 Like

Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by Skypeaceconsult: 5:32pm On Dec 12, 2020
E go shock you las las. I have heard and seen enough.
Marriage is really funny sometimes. It has ups and downs. People make sacrifices in marriage before you know it while attending to all issues in a marriage ,one waste dreams.
I don't contest his decision of bring her back and Pay huge amount on bride price. I guess he is being imprisoned by the child. Men make more sacrifices to get the family financially okay but few women take advantage of that to mess a home. E no go easy.
Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by Amotekun777: 5:33pm On Dec 12, 2020
bestman09:

Take her back if you really love her and if she is sincerely remorseful for what she did, not because of the money you spent marrying her.

The devil you know is better than the angel you don't know and the grass is not greener at the other side

Typical Okoro mentality... It's all abt the money spent. grin
Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by 99thEnemy(m): 5:35pm On Dec 12, 2020
And someone said shocked:

CrookedMind:

You should get her back, only to then p.imp her out till you recover the money you paid for bride price .

After that, keep pimping her out to make profit

P.imp the Ho for life grin

Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by Xantel(f): 5:38pm On Dec 12, 2020
God make me a virtuous woman
Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by tega2luv(m): 5:40pm On Dec 12, 2020
I believe the bible also said on the ground of adultry one can seek for divorce, well that's your decision to make because

Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by calcal: 5:41pm On Dec 12, 2020
bestman09:

BEST ONE SO FAR
Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by Dollanaira: 5:45pm On Dec 12, 2020
No
Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by feejay70: 5:48pm On Dec 12, 2020
Are you a christian? If yes then i don't see any reason for you to let her go, she's still your wife even if u let go..as a man of God, just forgive her and take her back, beat her with words, let her cry like never before. And also pray for her to change...are you not cheating on Jesus? how many times did JESUS forgiven your sins?

1 Like

Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by Bestinstinct(m): 5:50pm On Dec 12, 2020
princefrank76:

serious long thing o!
I'm 28yrs

she sure want to spend the rest of her life with me. I actually want the same thing if not for this her promiscuity.

Flee if you want to live long.....

1 Like

Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by Praktikals(m): 5:50pm On Dec 12, 2020
Notatribalist:
You're here on nairaland dashing out useless advice. Didn't you see where he said he is partly responsible by denying her sex?He just admit error and you're here talking nonsense.. OP,if you know truly you denied her sex kindly go bring her back and make some amendment, but if she continue in her unholy way kiss her goodbye.
See who is accusing someone of giving a useless advice. smh
Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by Kalatium(m): 5:54pm On Dec 12, 2020
Its high time we start telling each other the truth. Inter-tribal marriage is among the major causes of a dysfunctional marriage.
Sebastine1994:
i came back from work on Friday to discover that my wife has ran away with our son and some properties in the house, my neighbor said she is a bad woman that I should let her go, they caught her in adultery and she ran away because of shame.

for the first time in my life I discovered that I have not played my role as a husband. I was just focused on bringing back money home for the family and forgot the sexual responsibility, I agree I am at fault too. but if I calculate all the bride price I spent and wedding cost, I feel like going to bring her back. if not for her sake but for the baby, please advice is needed now

Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by cicikhemy(f): 5:58pm On Dec 12, 2020
Charleys:

Fvck u, fvck your definition of the word forbearance, fvck the type of Christianity that you practice, because the Christianity I know hates adultery.

See Igbo people might fornicate but they don't take adultery lightly.
That man needs to go and meet her family and tell them to repay him for all the money he spent for that wedding.

That's what he's supposed to do. Except he's not a true Igbo son.

Tis well for your kind of Christianity bro
Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by sexy74(m): 6:00pm On Dec 12, 2020
Sebastine1994:

My brother let’s thank God and have a thanks giving service that she left at her own will.
Your problem is half solved, as per your child when it’s time pickin go find him papa.
Go to her people and tell them what transpired.
Be very blunt and tell th you are not taking her back.
The essence is for them not to insinuate that you used their daughter for anything . When Gm going go with some elders in your family.

Start a new life and make yourself happy.
Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by NegeduGrace(f): 6:03pm On Dec 12, 2020
Jazzafizzy:
Igala Woman doing this ?
God bless you for that question because igala women are not known to be promiscuous unless there's something op is not telling us.. I am proudly an igala girl and our tradition concerning cheating is deep that you will have to think twice oo..
Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by SojiVibe: 6:05pm On Dec 12, 2020
7 Natural Steps To Increase The Size Of Your Breats
https://sojivibe.com/7-natural-steps-to-increase-the-size-of-your-breats/

via @SojiVibeMedia
Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by MrRegret: 6:10pm On Dec 12, 2020
Let me play ur card well 4 u
1. U v already forgiven her, it's obvious, very nice , it's nice freeing URSELF from hate, it's good for the soul
2. U still love her, Love they say covers many things, ur love make u forgave her, and u r given excuse to bring her back, but NOTE love is not Blind

3. U and ur wife are completely different persons, u are a GOOD man, u neighbors know this and don't want u to suffer from her

3 Why did she run?
She knew u were a good husband and felt bad for u
OR
She has been taking advantage of u, taking ur child away from u so that u can feel lonely.

Don't beg her
Don't even look for the child

When she comes, cause she will, do test on the child if it is urs, ask her why she took ur child

Love can make u do many things but don't let anybody take advantage of ur goodness

For me accepting her depends whether she takes u for a fool or made a mistake.

Remember God always forgive as sinner's, but the unrepentant willfull sinner's God don't forgive
Don't let u good blind u from seeing the fact.
Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by Camelot65: 6:11pm On Dec 12, 2020
cicikhemy:

I'm not married yet so forgive my advice to a married man.

Forbearance is one of the most important virtue in marriage because it shows your level of love and understanding. Check 1Cor 13: 4-8
As Christians, we ought to possess this virtue before thinking about marriage because the Bible doesn't support divorce.

I will advise that you forgive your wife, express how you feel to her and pray to The Holy Spirit to help and comfort you to forgive your wife totally.
Na wao..... You should read more on the biblical stance on divorce and adultery
Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by Halo22: 6:12pm On Dec 12, 2020
It's always painful to have ur spouse cheat on you especially when it is coming from the side of the woman. However, since u counted urself on the blame side, I suggest u learn ur lesson never to starve ur spouse of her matrimonial right to sexual satisfaction. More so, u may still consider her and give her a second chance even as u are careful with her.
Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by NOETHNICITY(m): 6:13pm On Dec 12, 2020
hashtagged:
Find her and take your kid back and put her in jail

On a second note that might not be your child
Put her in jail for what?
Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by uuzba(m): 6:15pm On Dec 12, 2020
sleekman:

She was caught red-handed by the neighbours you dey here dey preach what exactly? Abeg if na alcohol u need this evening you better get one fast.
People wasting stupid money on bride price and yet the woman is useless.
OP is there shouting about "Expensive" bride price as if we could down to him .
Idiot.
We that paid cheap bride price, our wife is still better than your own .
Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by Ugo4hotish(m): 6:18pm On Dec 12, 2020
i926:

You need to get your son back and not her.

But If you still like to enjoy more pains, you can bring her back.

How are you sure it's his child?
Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by TheKingIsHere: 6:22pm On Dec 12, 2020
Psych412:
so, are you expecting the man to stay at home because of sex.

is sex more important than thier marriage

will sex bring food to the table

will sex pay thier child school fees.

because I'm a woman then I should support her.

please, I don't do gender war.

any gender that bleeps up, I give it to him or her

Wtf is wrong with you?!! Don't we have men that are currently at home while their wives are the bread winners?

So, you don't know that sex plays an important part in marriage abi? You think marriage is all about just money and that's it?

If you think everything is about money, then get married to a log of wood!!
Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by Psych412(f): 6:29pm On Dec 12, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

Wtf is wrong with you?!! Don't we have men that are currently at home while their wives are the bread winners?

So, you don't know that sex plays an important part in marriage abi? You think marriage is all about just money and that's it?

If you think everything is about money, then get married to a log of wood!!
then, why didn't she complain to her husband.

if she was sex starved, she should have talked to her husband.

sleeping with another man because her husband starving her of sex is bad.

communication is most important in marriage.
Re: Should I Take Back An Adulterous Wife Because Of The Expensive Bride Price? by dalass(f): 6:30pm On Dec 12, 2020
hopeforcharles:
Guy. I am a married man, let me advise you from that perspective. You go out because of your family to make sure they don't lack atleast financially and to put food on the table, you wife should respect that and understand. But she cheated, well I would advice you don't take her back, count your losses and move on, but don't forget y OK ur kid, Nwa bu nke gi.

Na Igbo man... The bride cost is importanter than other stuff grin

To marry another, money again!

If he chooses to take her back, let him.. Maybe he himself too is playing away match that is why the only priority is
the money he spent as the bride price

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Man To Marry His Sister In Law? / Man Batters Wife, Throws Her Out For Rejecting Custody Of Love Child (Pictured) / Five Siblings Recreate Childhood Photo After 50 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.