Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God (1883 Views)

God the father, son (Jesus Christ) & Holy Spirit is the only true God / Do Christians And Muslims Worship The Same God? / Christians And Muslims Celebrate Christmas Together In Kaduna (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by Jashub: 6:33pm On Dec 12, 2020
enilove:

They are always afraid of the truth ,more especially when they can sense failure .
Perhap
Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by IMAliyu(m): 6:33pm On Dec 12, 2020
Jashub:
Let us take the narrative of Noah from Quran and compare it to that of the Bible's.

The Qur'anic passages which have more of an extended treatment of Noah are found in sura 7:59-64; 11:25-49; 23:23-30; 26:105-122; 37:75-82; 54:9-15; and sura 71:1-28 which is the sura of Nuh. In all these passages, we are told that Noah warns his people; they disbelieve in his message and God sends the flood to destroy the unbelievers. Period.

We are not told anything about how any of this, whether the peoples' sinfulness or the judgment of God, affects or affected God himself.

But if you look at the Bible's narrative, you will see a different picture :
Gen. 6:5-7 :

The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time. The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain. So the LORD said, "I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth - men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air - for I am grieved that I have made them."

Notice here that the Hebrew writers, express God's suffering by his regret in the creation of man. We are also given information on why God chose to destroy the earth.

Hence, this leave us with a question : which of the narratives is more God like with the "tune"?

I'm not the right person to represent the Muslim views, however here is a perspective which Muslims hold.

Muslims hold that the Bible is in fact from God (which was corrupted) and Qur'an being a relatively short book compared to the whole Bible, only tried to summarize some of its stories.
Meaning there will be a lack nuances details in the Qur'an and if someone wants the whole story they should read parts of the Bible.
Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by tatatar: 6:38pm On Dec 12, 2020
Do the Jews whose bible you use believe God has a son? You don't worship the same God either
Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by Jashub: 6:40pm On Dec 12, 2020
IMAliyu:

I'm not the right person to represent the Muslim views, however here is a perspective which Muslims hold.

Muslims hold that the Bible is in fact from God (which was corrupted) and Qur'an being a relatively short book compared to the whole Bible, only tried to summarize some of its stories.
Meaning there will be a lack nuances details in the Qur'an and if someone wants the whole story they should read parts of the Bible.
How can the bible be corrupted when Allah himself said "And if thou (Muhammad) art in doubt concerning that which We reveal unto thee, then question those who read the Scripture (that was) before thee. Verily the Truth from thy Lord hath come unto thee. So be not thou of the waverers.". The bible has not been corrupted. For if it were, Allah would not refer Muhammad to it.

2 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by Jashub: 6:43pm On Dec 12, 2020
tatatar:
Do the Jews whose bible you use believe God has a son? You don't worship the same God either
The difference between Christians and Jews lies in this : the Jews believe the Messiah (Isah) is yet to come. But Christians believe He has come and manifested Himself in the flesh.

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by IMAliyu(m): 6:59pm On Dec 12, 2020
Jashub:
How can the bible be corrupted when Allah himself said "And if thou (Muhammad) art in doubt concerning that which We reveal unto thee, then question those who read the Scripture (that was) before thee. Verily the Truth from thy Lord hath come unto thee. So be not thou of the waverers.". The bible has not been corrupted. For if it were, Allah would not refer Muhammad to it.

A question for the regular Muslims in the house with better insight.

However the parameter for determining which parts are corrupted for a Muslim is a simple matter of does it align or contradict with the Qur'an.

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by enilove(m): 7:09pm On Dec 12, 2020
tatatar:

Whether they believed or not , it is written in their books by their fathers who believed .

Isaiah 9:6 KJV
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

The Jews are still expecting a messiah or the Christ as revealed by the Bible .
Why hasn't he come ?

Most of then believed in the time of Jesus , but for selfish gains , their rulers suppressed them from following the truth :

John 11:39-48 KJV
Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.
[40] Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?
[41] Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.
[42] And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me. [43] And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
[44] And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.
[45] Then many of the Jews which came to Mary, and had seen the things which Jesus did, believed on him.
[46] But some of them went their ways to the Pharisees, and told them what things Jesus had done.
[47] Then gathered the chief priests and the Pharisees a council, and said, What do we? for this man doeth many miracles.
[48] If we let him thus alone, all men will believe on him: and the Romans shall come and take away both our place and nation.
Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by IMAliyu(m): 7:13pm On Dec 12, 2020
Jashub:
The difference between Christians and Jews lies in this : the Jews believe the Messiah (Isah) is yet to come. But Christians believe He has come and manifested Himself in the flesh.
I disagree.
The differences between Christianity and Judaism go deeper than that.

Waiting for the Messiah is just one of them.

Orthodox Judaism rejects the Trinity.

Circumcision is mandatory in Judaism.

And doctrines on the subject of the afterlife differ as well.
Such as eternal punishment being non-existent in Judaism.
Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by enilove(m): 7:21pm On Dec 12, 2020
IMAliyu:

A question for the regular Muslims in the house with better insight.

However the parameter for determining which parts are corrupted for a Muslim is a simple matter of does it align or contradict with the Qur'an.

They can do that .It is like placing the cat b4 the horse.

The Bible is the benchmark to verify the truth.
You know the original always comes b4 the fakes start showing up.

The some of the scriptures had been existing more than 1,700 years b4 quran.

Which do you think would copy the other ?
Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by FirstSon01: 7:32pm On Dec 12, 2020
This is a nice thread.
I like religious people who like to research
Lemme chip in a little

The old and new testaments are two different books.
The laws in the old are very scary and serious unlike the new testament.

Not undermining the fact that the Bible was compiled by the British who just added and removed what they liked.
Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by Jashub: 7:32pm On Dec 12, 2020
IMAliyu:

I disagree.

The concept of the Trinity lies in arrival of the Messiah, and this concept is rejected by the Jews because they are still waiting for the Messiah. So how can the Jews have knowledge of what they are still waiting for... ? That is the big rhetorical question.

And as for the circumcision, it is still practiced by Christians but it is not made mandatory due to the arrival of the Messiah's teachings and doctrines which the disciples recorded.
Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by enilove(m): 7:39pm On Dec 12, 2020
IMAliyu:

I disagree.

This is part of Judaism concerning eternal punishment :

Psalm 9:17 KJV
The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.

Psalm 86:13 KJV
For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.

Proverbs 15:24 KJV
The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.

They believe in eternal punishment in hell .

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by IMAliyu(m): 7:49pm On Dec 12, 2020
enilove:

They can do that .It is like placing the cat b4 the horse.

The Bible is the benchmark to verify the truth.
You know the original always comes b4 the fakes start showing up.

The some of the scriptures had been existing more than 1,700 years b4 quran.

Which do you think would copy the other ?
Fair enough.

However, you have to consider the Muslim argument.

Muhammad was illiterate, how could he copy the Bible?
The Qur'an was Allah's direct words to him and not a result of him copying from previous books.
And with that we at least know where it comes from. And would trust it more.

Who were the writers of the Bible, what do we know about them?
Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by abigail97651: 7:51pm On Dec 12, 2020
:True. But let me hear what our muslim counterparts will say They are always afraid of the truth ,more especially when they can sense failure .
Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by Jashub: 7:53pm On Dec 12, 2020
IMAliyu:

Fair enough.

The Qur'an was Allah's direct words to him and not a result of him copying from previous books.

Muhammad was married to Jew named Khadijah, true or false?
Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by enilove(m): 7:58pm On Dec 12, 2020
FirstSon01:
This is a nice thread.
I like religious people who like to research
Lemme chip in a little

The old and new testaments are two different books.
The laws in the old are very scary and serious unlike the new testament.

Not undermining the fact that the Bible was compiled by the British who just added and removed what they liked.

You are welcome
Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by IMAliyu(m): 7:59pm On Dec 12, 2020
Jashub:
Muhammad was married to Jew named Khadijah, true or false?
True, though I can't remember her precise faith.

Modified: Not much seems to be known about her previous faith.
However her cousin was a Christian.

Also, I couldn't confirm whether her family was Jewish, her mother however was part of the quraysh (Muhammad's) clan.

Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by enilove(m): 8:29pm On Dec 12, 2020
IMAliyu:

Fair enough.

Quran was not God's words but that of Muhammad who founded Islam.

His revelations were for his conveniences in order to carryout his missions .
He just Google revelations to suit himself .

For an example : THIS WAS A REAL EVENT WHICH MUHAMMAD CONVERTED TO REVELATIONS FROM ALLAH :

Hadith

Anas b. Malik (Allah be pleased with him) reported:

When Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) married Zainab bint jahsh, he invited people (to the wedding feast) and they ate food. They then sat there and entered into conversation. He (the Holy Prophet) made a stir as if he was preparing to stand up, but (the persons busy in talking) did not stand up. When he (the Holy Prophet) saw it, he stood up and when he did so, some other persons stood up. 'Asim and Abd al-A'la in their narrations made this addition: Three (persons) sat there, and Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) came there to enter (the apartment) but he found the people sitting there. Then they stood up and went away. He said: Then I came and informed Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) that they had gone away. He (the Holy Prophet) then came there until he entered (the apartment). I also went and was about to enter, when he hung a curtain between me and him (and it was on this occasion that) Allah, the Exalted and Majestic, revealed this verse:" O you who believe, enter not the houses of the Prophet unless permission is given to you for a meal, not waiting for its cooking being finished to the (words)" Surely this is serious in the sight of Allah" (33:53).

Sahih Muslim 1428 e
In-book : Book 16, Hadith 108
USC-MSA web (English) : Book 8, Hadith 3333  (deprecated)
Sahih Muslim

Get Hadith Collection (All in one) App:https:///8j06i9
#GreentechApps #Hadith

Allah SWT said:

"O you who have believed, do not enter the houses of the Prophet except when you are permitted for a meal, without awaiting its readiness. But when you are invited, then enter; and when you have eaten, disperse without seeking to remain for conversation. Indeed, that [behavior] was troubling the Prophet, and he is shy of [dismissing] you. But Allah is not shy of the truth. And when you ask [his wives] for something, ask them from behind a partition. That is purer for your hearts and their hearts. And it is not [conceivable or lawful] for you to harm the Messenger of Allah or to marry his wives after him, ever. Indeed, that would be in the sight of Allah an enormity."
(QS. Al-Ahzaab 33: Verse 53)

How does this revelation help the lives of other Muslims coming after them ? Are his wives still living now ?
Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by IMAliyu(m): 8:33pm On Dec 12, 2020
abigail97651:
:True. But let me hear what our muslim counterparts will say They are always afraid of the truth ,more especially when they can sense failure .

Well a Muslim vs Christian argument is never on even ground.

A Christian can dismiss everything about Islam and it won't invalidate their faith, however the other way around is not true.
A Muslim can't dismiss the Bible and the figure of Jesus without without invalidating their own faith.

Even if the argument reduces to insults, Muslims are at a disadvantage, as they can't insult Christianity's core figures.

2 Likes

Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by enilove(m): 8:46pm On Dec 12, 2020
IMAliyu:

Fair enough.

The Arabs and Muhammad had copies of the Bible with them.
There were many Christians in Medina and in Mecca who knew about the Christianity and Judaisms .

This is an evidence to reveal how they copied he copied the Bible ::
Hadith

حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو مَعْمَرٍ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْوَارِثِ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الْعَزِيزِ، عَنْ أَنَسٍ ـ رضى الله عنه ـ قَالَ كَانَ رَجُلٌ نَصْرَانِيًّا فَأَسْلَمَ وَقَرَأَ الْبَقَرَةَ وَآلَ عِمْرَانَ، فَكَانَ يَكْتُبُ لِلنَّبِيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم، فَعَادَ نَصْرَانِيًّا فَكَانَ يَقُولُ مَا يَدْرِي مُحَمَّدٌ إِلاَّ مَا كَتَبْتُ لَهُ، فَأَمَاتَهُ اللَّهُ فَدَفَنُوهُ، فَأَصْبَحَ وَقَدْ لَفَظَتْهُ الأَرْضُ فَقَالُوا هَذَا فِعْلُ مُحَمَّدٍ وَأَصْحَابِهِ، لَمَّا هَرَبَ مِنْهُمْ نَبَشُوا عَنْ صَاحِبِنَا‏.‏ فَأَلْقُوهُ فَحَفَرُوا لَهُ فَأَعْمَقُوا، فَأَصْبَحَ وَقَدْ لَفَظَتْهُ الأَرْضُ، فَقَالُوا هَذَا فِعْلُ مُحَمَّدٍ وَأَصْحَابِهِ نَبَشُوا عَنْ صَاحِبِنَا لَمَّا هَرَبَ مِنْهُمْ‏.‏ فَأَلْقَوْهُ فَحَفَرُوا لَهُ، وَأَعْمَقُوا لَهُ فِي الأَرْضِ مَا اسْتَطَاعُوا، فَأَصْبَحَ قَدْ لَفَظَتْهُ الأَرْضُ، فَعَلِمُوا أَنَّهُ لَيْسَ مِنَ النَّاسِ فَأَلْقَوْهُ‏.‏

Narrated Anas:

There was a Christian who embraced Islam and read Surat-al-Baqara and Al-`Imran, and he used to write (the revelations) for the Prophet. Later on he returned to Christianity again and he used to say: "Muhammad knows nothing but what I have written for him." Then Allah caused him to die, and the people buried him, but in the morning they saw that the earth had thrown his body out. They said, "This is the act of Muhammad and his companions. They dug the grave of our companion and took his body out of it because he had run away from them." They again dug the grave deeply for him, but in the morning they again saw that the earth had thrown his body out. They said, "This is an act of Muhammad and his companions. They dug the grave of our companion and threw his body outside it, for he had run away from them." They dug the grave for him as deep as they could, but in the morning they again saw that the earth had thrown his body out. ......

Sahih al-Bukhari 3617
In-book : Book 61, Hadith 124
USC-MSA web (English) : Vol. 4, Book 56, Hadith 814  (deprecated)
Sahih Bukhari

#GreentechApps #Hadith

Hadith

Narrated Ibn `Umar:

When the Muslims arrived at Medina, they used to assemble for the prayer, and used to guess the time for it. During those days, the practice of Adhan for the prayers had not been introduced yet. Once they discussed this problem regarding the call for prayer. Some people suggested the use of a bell like the Christians, others proposed a trumpet like the horn used by the Jews, but `Umar was the first to suggest that a man should call (the people) for the prayer; so Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) ordered Bilal to get up and pronounce the Adhan for prayers.

Sahih al-Bukhari 604
In-book : Book 10, Hadith 2
USC-MSA web (English) : Vol. 1, Book 11, Hadith 578  (deprecated)
Sahih Bukhari

#GreentechApps #Hadith
Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by IMAliyu(m): 12:02am On Dec 13, 2020
enilove:

Quran was not God's words but that of Muhammad who founded Islam.

His revelations were for his conveniences in order to carryout his missions .
He just Google revelations to suit himself .

For an example : THIS WAS A REAL EVENT WHICH MUHAMMAD CONVERTED TO REVELATIONS FROM ALLAH :

Hadith

Anas b. Malik (Allah be pleased with him) reported:

When Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) married Zainab bint jahsh, he invited people (to the wedding feast) and they ate food. They then sat there and entered into conversation. He (the Holy Prophet) made a stir as if he was preparing to stand up, but (the persons busy in talking) did not stand up. When he (the Holy Prophet) saw it, he stood up and when he did so, some other persons stood up. 'Asim and Abd al-A'la in their narrations made this addition: Three (persons) sat there, and Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) came there to enter (the apartment) but he found the people sitting there. Then they stood up and went away. He said: Then I came and informed Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) that they had gone away. He (the Holy Prophet) then came there until he entered (the apartment). I also went and was about to enter, when he hung a curtain between me and him (and it was on this occasion that) Allah, the Exalted and Majestic, revealed this verse:" O you who believe, enter not the houses of the Prophet unless permission is given to you for a meal, not waiting for its cooking being finished to the (words)" Surely this is serious in the sight of Allah" (33:53).

Sahih Muslim 1428 e
In-book : Book 16, Hadith 108
USC-MSA web (English) : Book 8, Hadith 3333  (deprecated)
Sahih Muslim

#GreentechApps #Hadith

Allah SWT said:

"O you who have believed, do not enter the houses of the Prophet except when you are permitted for a meal, without awaiting its readiness. But when you are invited, then enter; and when you have eaten, disperse without seeking to remain for conversation. Indeed, that [behavior] was troubling the Prophet, and he is shy of [dismissing] you. But Allah is not shy of the truth. And when you ask [his wives] for something, ask them from behind a partition. That is purer for your hearts and their hearts. And it is not [conceivable or lawful] for you to harm the Messenger of Allah or to marry his wives after him, ever. Indeed, that would be in the sight of Allah an enormity."
(QS. Al-Ahzaab 33: Verse 53)

How does this revelation help the lives of other Muslims coming after them ? Are his wives still living now ?

An observation some of the exmuslims on the Islam section have made.

One could argue that maybe his God favors him.

Or from the argument of the Quranists, "just because a Hadith is branded sahih, that doesn't make it anymore true. Most hadiths were made up to damage the image of Muhammad and corrupt Islam."
Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by AntiChristian: 7:27am On Dec 13, 2020
Jashub:
I do not know why Muslims keep looking for their allah in our bible.

Which Muslims is looking for Allah in the Bible?

Allah is everywhere in the Arabic Bible already!

You claim Allah is not your Lord but your translators used Allah in the Arabic Bible.

Hypocrisy!

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by AntiChristian: 7:38am On Dec 13, 2020
Jashub:
If you have carefully read the Quran, and compared the nature of the God in bible, to the nature of God in the Quran, you will see that they are completely two different personages. The God of the Quran is authoritative and only makes his will known. But this is not so in the bible. The God of the Bible wants fellowship with man. In fact, story of God in the bible can be likened to a story of a man in search of his lost son.

Another hypocrisy again. The God in the OT killed those who worshipped other gods. He ordered killing of witches. He ordered the massacre of a lot of people through Moses, Joshua, etc. Young Virgins were spared after killing all their males and deflowered females.

He then changed in the NT. Albeit, the Lord doesn't change.

Hypocrisy part 2
Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by AntiChristian: 7:40am On Dec 13, 2020
IMAliyu:
Who or what is God?

God is defined by most people, cultures and religions as the creator of the universe and all that's in it, an eternal and all powerful, all knowing intelligent being. Roughly speaking

For anyone with a better or different definition, contributions are welcomed.

Furthermore, God should have no partner, son, wife, etc sharing in His dominion. He is able to do all things.
Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by Jashub: 7:43am On Dec 13, 2020
AntiChristian:

Another hypocrisy again. The God in the OT killed those who worshipped other gods. He ordered killing of witches. He ordered the massacre of a lot of people through Moses, Joshua, etc. Young Virgins were spared after killing all their males and deflowered females.

He then changed in the NT. Albeit, the Lord doesn't change.

Hypocrisy part 2
Please read the title of the thread. Thanks.
Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by AntiChristian: 7:55am On Dec 13, 2020
Jashub:
Let us take the narrative of Noah from Quran and compare it to that of the Bible's.

The Qur'anic passages which have more of an extended treatment of Noah are found in sura 7:59-64; 11:25-49; 23:23-30; 26:105-122; 37:75-82; 54:9-15; and sura 71:1-28 which is the sura of Nuh. In all these passages, we are told that Noah warns his people; they disbelieve in his message and God sends the flood to destroy the unbelievers. Period.

We are not told anything about how any of this, whether the peoples' sinfulness or the judgment of God, affects or affected God himself.

But if you look at the Bible's narrative, you will see a different picture :
Gen. 6:5-7 :

The LORD saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become, and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time. The LORD was grieved that he had made man on the earth, and his heart was filled with pain. So the LORD said, "I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth - men and animals, and creatures that move along the ground, and birds of the air - for I am grieved that I have made them."

Notice here that the Hebrew writers, express God's suffering by his regret in the creation of man. We are also given information on why God chose to destroy the earth.

Hence, this leave us with a question : which of the narratives is more God like with the "tune"?

The errors we can't accept in Islam is that God grieved, God rested, God repented! God suffering?

Then how is He God if he doesn't know everything?

Humans grief at unknown sad happening, why should God grief at something He knew in His infinite knowledge?
Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by AntiChristian: 8:03am On Dec 13, 2020
Jashub:
It is one of many.

Another would be the penalty for theft?

The Quran says if someone is caught stealing, his hand should be cut. But this contrary to what the bible imposes on the thief who is caught. The Bible demands that the thief repay what he has stolen with 1/5th.

Is it better? And is it all theft that requires cutting the hands?

But you should have mentioned the Bible support lynching of thieves caught in the act before sunrise!

Exodus 22
Holman Christian Standard Bible
Laws about Theft

22 [a]“When a man steals an ox or a sheep and butchers it or sells it, he must repay five cattle for the ox or four sheep for the sheep. 2 [b]If a thief is caught in the act of breaking in, and he is beaten to death, no one is guilty of bloodshed. 3 But if this happens after sunrise,[c] there is guilt of bloodshed. A thief must make full restitution. If he is unable, he is to be sold because of his theft. 4 If what was stolen—whether ox, donkey, or sheep—is actually found alive in his possession, he must repay double.
Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by AntiChristian: 8:06am On Dec 13, 2020
enilove:

That is true one of them .

What makes me to know we are not serving the same God is about the crucifixion of Jesus Christ .

Allah SWT said:

وَقَوْلِهِمْ إِنَّا قَتَلْنَا الْمَسِيحَ عِيسَى ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ وَمَا قَتَلُوهُ وَمَا صَلَبُوهُ وَلٰكِنْ شُبِّهَ لَهُمْ ۚ وَإِنَّ الَّذِينَ اخْتَلَفُوا فِيهِ لَفِى شَكٍّ مِّنْهُ ۚ مَا لَهُمْ بِهِۦ مِنْ عِلْمٍ إِلَّا اتِّبَاعَ الظَّنِّ ۚ وَمَا قَتَلُوهُ يَقِينًا
"And [for] their saying, Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah. And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain."
(QS. An-Nisaa 4: Verse 157)

* Via Qur'an English http://quran-en.com

The Bible says in :Romans 14:9 KJV

For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

God is not a God of confusion .Why would God give contradictory account of the same event to people . For what reason and why ?

Without the death of Our Lord Jesus Christ , Christianity is vain .
It is His death and His resurrection that give us hope for eternal life with God.

Allah said:....

Paul said:....Bible can't talk. Mention the writer of the book. Paul allegedly wrote Romans.
Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by AntiChristian: 8:13am On Dec 13, 2020
Jashub:
I just picked something out of your translation of that verse in Quran.

According to that verse, it seems God deceived people into thinking they killed Jesus. It also says a resemblance (probably an innocent person) was substituted to die in place of Jesus.

And from the best of my knowledge, God will not lie, nor will He stoop to the level of deceit to prove His power. Which is why I question if Allah of the Quran is the God of the bible.

God made a plan to save one of His messengers and prevent Him from being killed.

Topic
I wonder what your Lord did in the following verses

Jeremiah 4:10
Then I said, "Ah, Sovereign LORD, how completely you have deceived (nasha) this people and Jerusalem by saying, 'You will have peace,' when the sword is at our throats."

We have it in...

1 Kings 22:20-22
And the LORD said, 'Who will entice Ahab into attacking Ramoth Gilead and going to his death there?'
"One suggested this, and another that. 21 Finally, a spirit came forward, stood before the LORD and said, 'I will entice him.'
" 'By what means?' the LORD asked.
" 'I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouths of all his prophets,' he said.
" 'You will succeed in enticing him,' said the LORD. 'Go and do it.'

Here we see that the man said that he would resort to lying in order to entice Ahab and God supported the idea and told him to go ahead and do it!

We even have it in...

Ezekiel 14:9-11
" 'And if the prophet is enticed to utter a prophecy, I the LORD have enticed that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand against him and destroy him from among my people Israel. 10 They will bear their guilt-the prophet will be as guilty as the one who consults him. 11 Then the people of Israel will no longer stray from me, nor will they defile themselves anymore with all their sins. They will be my people, and I will be their God, declares the Sovereign LORD.' "

God is punishing him for a crime that He enticed him to do in the first place? Isn't that entrapment?

Another passage...

Isaiah 37:6-7
Isaiah said to them, "Tell your master, 'This is what the LORD says: Do not be afraid of what you have heard-those words with which the underlings of the king of Assyria have blasphemed me. Listen! I am going to put a spirit in him so that when he hears a certain report, he will return to his own country, and there I will have him cut down with the sword.'

God had that spirit spread a rumor so that the King of Assyria can to return to his homeland. In short, that spirit's purpose was for deception.

Another example from the Bible...

Isaiah 19:14
The LORD has poured into them a spirit of dizziness; they make Egypt stagger in all that she does, as a drunkard staggers around in his vomit.

Here we see God deceiving people to the extent that they become absolutely foolish.

Even though I don't believe the Gospels teach that Jesus taught he was God, however this example is for those who believe that Jesus is God. Jesus admits that he was speaking figuratively all this time...

John 16:25
"Though I have been speaking figuratively (paroimia), a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father.

Why wasn't Jesus speaking in a normal and clear way all the time? Why did Jesus then go and say that he won't 'use this kind of language'?

Well, here we find out why...

Mark 4:10-12
When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. 11He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12so that," 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'

So here we see that Jesus was deceiving certain people by speaking in parables so that they won't (and God forbid!) REPENT AND BE FORGIVEN!

Also in...

2 Thessalonians 2:11
For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie.

So God will delude people so that they can believe lies?
Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by AntiChristian: 8:15am On Dec 13, 2020
enilove:

You are right as usual .
That was a deceit .

How can the below be from God ?

Hadith

حَدَّثَنِي مُحَمَّدُ بْنُ حَاتِمٍ، وَإِبْرَاهِيمُ بْنُ دِينَارِ، وَابْنُ أَبِي عُمَرَ الْمَكِّيُّ، وَأَحْمَدُ بْنُ عَبْدَةَ، الضَّبِّيُّ جَمِيعًا عَنِ ابْنِ عُيَيْنَةَ، - وَاللَّفْظُ لاِبْنِ حَاتِمٍ وَابْنِ دِينَارٍ - قَالاَ حَدَّثَنَا سُفْيَانُ بْنُ، عُيَيْنَةَ عَنْ عَمْرٍو، عَنْ طَاوُسٍ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ أَبَا هُرَيْرَةَ، يَقُولُ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏‏ احْتَجَّ آدَمُ وَمُوسَى فَقَالَ مُوسَى يَا آدَمُ أَنْتَ أَبُونَا خَيَّبْتَنَا وَأَخْرَجْتَنَا مِنَ الْجَنَّةِ فَقَالَ لَهُ آدَمُ أَنْتَ مُوسَى اصْطَفَاكَ اللَّهُ بِكَلاَمِهِ وَخَطَّ لَكَ بِيَدِهِ أَتَلُومُنِي عَلَى أَمْرٍ قَدَّرَهُ اللَّهُ عَلَىَّ قَبْلَ أَنْ يَخْلُقَنِي بِأَرْبَعِينَ سَنَةً ‏"‏ ‏.‏ فَقَالَ النَّبِيُّ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏"‏ فَحَجَّ آدَمُ مُوسَى فَحَجَّ آدَمُ مُوسَى ‏"‏ ‏.‏ وَفِي حَدِيثِ ابْنِ أَبِي عُمَرَ وَابْنِ عَبْدَةَ قَالَ أَحَدُهُمَا خَطَّ ‏.‏ وَقَالَ الآخَرُ كَتَبَ لَكَ التَّوْرَاةَ بِيَدِهِ ‏.‏"

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:

There was argument between Adam and Moses. Moses said to Adam: You are our father. You did us harm and caused us to get out of Paradise. Adam said to him: You are Moses. Allah selected you (for direct conversation with you) and wrote with His own Hand the Book (Torah) for you. Despite this you blame me for an act which Allah had ordained for me forty years before He created me. Allah's Apostle (ﷺ) said:. This is how Adam came the better of Moses and Adam came the better of Moses.

Sahih Muslim 2652 a
In-book : Book 46, Hadith 20
USC-MSA web (English) : Book 33, Hadith 6409  (deprecated)
Sahih Muslim

The implications of this is that :

1 ) God is devilish .
2) God is the originator of all the wickedness of this world.
3) Created man for punishment in hell for His enjoyment or for fun.
4) There is no need to worship God or serve Him because he has his agenda planned out , which we have no power over .
5 ) Adam was a victim and not a sinner for disobeying God. Since it was what what written for his destiny .

That is what Islam and Allah wants us to believe.

What do you think.

Who created the devil?
Did God knew before He created him that he'll be evil?
If He knew then why did He created the devil?
If He doesn't know them He's not God.
Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by AntiChristian: 8:18am On Dec 13, 2020
grin
enilove:

They are always afraid of the truth ,more especially when they can sense failure .

Says a brazen liar!

grin

Al = Arabic name of God

Lah is what again?

grin

Holy Spirit is what you lack!

1 Like

Re: Christians And Muslims Let Us Know Which Is The True God by AntiChristian: 8:23am On Dec 13, 2020
Jashub:

Abeg tell us the context/settings of this verse? Why was it revealed?

You don't care to know.

Even if we were to take this verse as it is, which scripture was being referred?

Torah, Injeel,... revealed to Moses and Jesus respectively. Was it the Bible that contains Genesis to revelations?

This Bible doesn't exist then!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Nigerians (Christians & Muslims) Visit With Fetish Priests? / Rccg - February Fasting & Praying Begins / Christians Al-queida Has Started In America, Watch Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.