Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada (52656 Views)

Why Nigeria Is Better Than The US - US-Based Nigerian Gives Reasons / Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria IS NOT BETTER Than Canada / Is Migrating To London Now Better Than Canada? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by naijadrivablog: 2:22pm On Dec 15, 2020
All these nonsense means that the higher the Earning and purchasing power, the higher the standard of living.

It is like the life of a poor man who can live with less and a rich more whose fueling of V8 cars alone dwarfs whatever a poor man spends.

1 Like

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by MummyD2020(f): 2:24pm On Dec 15, 2020
Keshinr0:

nah how those obodo oyinbo guys they behavior, always making it look like naija is better.
On a UK thread am following, a guy complained he do have his haircut for about 30pounds compared to naija which was #500, and I was like

Deep within him, he was boasting. That's all. Trying to sound fed up but na lie

1 Like

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by MummyD2020(f): 2:26pm On Dec 15, 2020
seunny4lif:
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Who posted this video dey mad, useless person dey Canada dey talk
Useless Health
So, they can get kidnap by midnight and Nigeria gov will tell me, nobody is missing, that na fake news
So, the president can travel and see his cows
Here no matter who you are, we are all same
Our PM here rides train and bus together with us
I can walk to my prof at any time
Even Dangote children no dey Nigeria but you want me to stay

Oh shes over there? New yr resolution na to dey calm!
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Kenn55: 2:35pm On Dec 15, 2020
hakeem4:
okay let me give you a real life example of someone I know very well. the person collects 1300CAD every month before tax. After tax it gets to about nine hundred and something. i would pay rent, and other bills at the end of the day she is left with nothing

Guy, stop lying to buttress your point.

Nobody collects 1300CAD in Canada a month doing a full time job even if it is cleaning toilet. Minimum wage is $14 per hour. If you are working full time (40 hours a week) cleaning toilets, you will earn 2240 CAD a month before taxes. Most people in those low category of work do overtime or 2 jobs. It won't be surprising seeing that person take up a weekend job where they will work for extra 10 hours over the weekend and make extra money.
Now, people in those category have a very low tax bracket. Canada does not have a flat tax for everyone, it depends on your earnings. In Canada, people keep receipts and record of some things they pay out of pocket like rents, church offerings etc. and at the end of the tax year, you can include those expenses when filing your taxes and you will get some money back from the government as refund. In my first year in Canada, the money i and my wife got back in our tax return from government was enough to buy our second car.

You need to understand a system thoroughly before you make good judgement. Don't rely on hear say or what you read on Nairaland. Some of the information peddled on this forum may not be lies but are half-truths. The thing is that Half-truth is worse than lies.

The person you are talking about may just be working part time or a student who is only expected to work 20 hours a week maximum or there is something else they are not telling you. In reality no permanent resident full time worker will earn just 1300CAD every month. Not mathematically possible.

One thing most of you don't understand is that you don't rate a country based on the rich. The rich in any country Canada and the US included is a small percentage of the entire population and will always be so. You rate a country based on what is available to the lower class, the poor. What services are available to them? What social benefits are available to them? How are the poor treated? etc.

For instance, the poor in Nigeria will not even have the opportunity to do 2 jobs even if they want to. Why? Because the system does not support it. By not having an hourly wage in Nigeria, you have systematically prevented the poor from working in 2 places that would have helped them earn more.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Bk042: 2:45pm On Dec 15, 2020
I just the watch that guy way bring out this topic no be my cousin brother way the do masters buy 10 plots of land still marry ontop come even bulid 6 rooms for villa last year come even buy better glk benz u come tell me say nija better pass Canada common Mozambique here if u hustle well u go make am pass person way the nija .

Abeg no bring this topic again[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Dukeolumidemans(m): 2:59pm On Dec 15, 2020
Fvckhypocrite:
bro ur signature gat my attention

One of my accounts did $240 yesterday and $28 so far today. Once u learn it, ur life will never be the same again...
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by bull67: 3:01pm On Dec 15, 2020
when people speak, and compare nigeria with the west countries or any country in africa and start righting rubbish here i just laugh. and sometimes get angry. some nigerians are in illegal businesses abroad and because they use their money to show off in nigeria, they will begin to say life in the west is bad, and that we are slaves. instead of saying the truth about things for nigeria to be better, they will be talking about davido or burna boy., because they are rich, they will say they make it in nigeria. Forget about being rich. If i am very rich today i just go to neighbouring countries and live there because their is quality of life. Many houses in cotonou have tap water and 24 hrs light. 60 percent of their schools are good. over 50 percent of their roads are good too. I came home to niger one day and i went to my former high school, i nearly cried, 80 percent of classes are licking with raln water. if it rains, then there will be no lectures.I donate 200k every year to my school every year. Go to so many of these states, like kwara,oyo , ogun, e.t.c many school you go there, they have no roof, and we are talking of being rich. I think if i am rich and my neighbour children cant go to scool and my child is in private school and i say it does not concern me, then i must be a stupid human being. because the child of the poor will one day rub my child or kidnapp him. thats what is happening today. Go to oshodi guys way no read priamry 6 finish, like MC oluomo can get a visa for his 3 wifes and 10 kids to the US and a medical doctor or a proffesor in nigeria can get a visa to south africa. My friend we are finished. We no see anything yet. i am glad i left 28 years ago, but when i look back i am not happy i left. my pension pot lasan is nearly 30k in pounds per year. let say i did not leave and i am government worker, how will i be living. my uncle is going 65 and his pension is 20k in naira, he hasnt got a kobo since last year 2019. i now feed him. Is that a country sha?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Fvckhypocrite(f): 3:06pm On Dec 15, 2020
Dukeolumidemans:

One of my accounts did $240 yesterday and $28 so far today. Once u learn it, ur life will never be the same again...
Mehn bro we need to talk abeg

Have been willing to learn it since bt na capital mehn!!

Gosh
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Snaagg(m): 3:10pm On Dec 15, 2020
Chioma1989:
All these YouTubers! Is that these Nigerian ladies and women are jobless and lonely, putting up unnecessary videos about Canada just to get traffic? I am sure this ugly thing is talking these trash from the comfort of her home in Canada. Leave people alone to make their choices.

I have the feeling that most Nigerians in Canada don't like more Nigerians to come over to Canada. They hate when they see more Nigerians making the journey, including the relatives they left behind when they made their own journeys. All the points she mentioned does not hold water at all. Very shallow thinking.

grin grin grin
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by lexy2014: 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2020
Eriokanmi:
What if you simply ask Google the meaning of ''all..except" hun?

Maybe you should, little boy smiley

U are already getting emotional. Since u have Google, y don't u tell me? Meanwhile, So u don't even no why u went to d US for postgraduate despite ur claim that we "have it all here". Y did u go to d US despite we "have it all here"? Has d meaning of d word "all" changed in d dictionary?

1 Like

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2020
MummyD2020:

Deep within him, he was boasting. That's all. Trying to sound fed up but na lie

Naso jare
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Kozil2(m): 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2020
hakeem4:
with students loan ? Guy stop deceiving yourself

Why are you complaining.. Relocate to Nigeria naw..its simple as that
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Idonije8(m): 3:13pm On Dec 15, 2020
LeeSantos:

define jealousy and summarise how this post relates to jealousy.
geraout :-
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Fvckhypocrite(f): 3:15pm On Dec 15, 2020
Dukeolumidemans:

boss make i connect with u i can drop my number or u drop yours make we connect abeg we need to talk bro.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Snaagg(m): 3:19pm On Dec 15, 2020
The painful part is .. idi0ts like OP are getting the opportunity to relocate to Canada. While the sensible ones are left to rot away in Nig.

This life no balance.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 15, 2020
Chioma1989:
All these YouTubers! Is that these Nigerian ladies and women are jobless and lonely, putting up unnecessary videos about Canada just to get traffic? I am sure this ugly thing is talking these trash from the comfort of her home in Canada. Leave people alone to make their choices.

I have the feeling that most Nigerians in Canada don't like more Nigerians to come over to Canada. They hate when they see more Nigerians making the journey, including the relatives they left behind when they made their own journeys. All the points she mentioned does not hold water at all. Very shallow thinking.
Sister, be calming down. grin
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by MummyD2020(f): 3:23pm On Dec 15, 2020
hakeem4:
okay let me give you a real life example of someone I know very well. the person collects 1300CAD every month before tax. After tax it gets to about nine hundred and something. i would pay rent, and other bills at the end of the day she is left with nothing

Kindly talk about someone earning higher. It's not all that bad. She could be studying or doing part time. A full timer cant earn such. There must be a reason shes earning that low. We don go obodo oyibo.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by maternal: 3:47pm On Dec 15, 2020
Kenn55:

Guy, stop lying to buttress your point.

Nobody collects 1300CAD in Canada a month doing a full time job even if it is cleaning toilet. Minimum wage is $14 per hour. If you are working full time (40 hours a week) cleaning toilets, you will earn 2240 CAD a month before taxes. Most people in those low category of work do overtime or 2 jobs. It won't be surprising seeing that person take up a weekend job where they will work for extra 10 hours over the weekend and make extra money.
Now, people in those category have a very low tax bracket. Canada does not have a flat tax for everyone, it depends on your earnings. In Canada, people keep receipts and record of some things they pay out of pocket like rents, church offerings etc. and at the end of the tax year, you can include those expenses when filing your taxes and you will get some money back from the government as refund. In my first year in Canada, the money i and my wife got back in our tax return from government was enough to buy our second car.

You need to understand a system thoroughly before you make good judgement. Don't rely on hear say or what you read on Nairaland. Some of the information peddled on this forum may not be lies but are half-truths. The thing is that Half-truth is worse than lies.

The person you are talking about may just be working part time or a student who is only expected to work 20 hours a week maximum or there is something else they are not telling you. In reality no permanent resident full time worker will earn just 1300CAD every month. Not mathematically possible.

One thing most of you don't understand is that you don't rate a country based on the rich. The rich in any country Canada and the US included is a small percentage of the entire population and will always be so. You rate a country based on what is available to the lower class, the poor. What services are available to them? What social benefits are available to them? How are the poor treated? etc.

For instance, the poor in Nigeria will not even have the opportunity to do 2 jobs even if they want to. Why? Because the system does not support it. By not having an hourly wage in Nigeria, you have systematically prevented the poor from working in 2 places that would have helped them earn more.

I was going to write this, with proof. But I no get his time. Its literally ILLEGAL to make 1300 per month working full-time. You also forgot, that if you have kids, and make a small amount of money, the government gives you money every month to help with the upkeep of your kids. Then tax season you'll get more money back for having kids.

I still can't believe people are comparing Canada with Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by seunny4lif(m): 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2020
You even have time self
all those useless YouTubers talking nonsense
That how they were telling me craps then
Someone with Valid document can never take Nigeria above those advance country
Having been to over 14 Africa countries then I know Nigeria is useless and hopeless

bull67:
when people speak, and compare nigeria with the west countries or any country in africa and start righting rubbish here i just laugh. and sometimes get angry. some nigerians are in illegal businesses abroad and because they use their money to show off in nigeria, they will begin to say life in the west is bad, and that we are slaves. instead of saying the truth about things for nigeria to be better, they will be talking about davido or burna boy., because they are rich, they will say they make it in nigeria. Forget about being rich. If i am very rich today i just go to neighbouring countries and live there because their is quality of life. Many houses in cotonou have tap water and 24 hrs light. 60 percent of their schools are good. over 50 percent of their roads are good too. I came home to niger one day and i went to my former high school, i nearly cried, 80 percent of classes are licking with raln water. if it rains, then there will be no lectures.I donate 200k every year to my school every year. Go to so many of these states, like kwara,oyo , ogun, e.t.c many school you go there, they have no roof, and we are talking of being rich. I think if i am rich and my neighbour children cant go to scool and my child is in private school and i say it does not concern me, then i must be a stupid human being. because the child of the poor will one day rub my child or kidnapp him. thats what is happening today. Go to oshodi guys way no read priamry 6 finish, like MC oluomo can get a visa for his 3 wifes and 10 kids to the US and a medical doctor or a proffesor in nigeria can get a visa to south africa. My friend we are finished. We no see anything yet. i am glad i left 28 years ago, but when i look back i am not happy i left. my pension pot lasan is nearly 30k in pounds per year. let say i did not leave and i am government worker, how will i be living. my uncle is going 65 and his pension is 20k in naira, he hasnt got a kobo since last year 2019. i now feed him. Is that a country sha?

1 Like

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by bull67: 4:03pm On Dec 15, 2020
one thing about our people is that we are not exposed. we think tinubu or buhari are doing us good. As thing are going now there is a solution but people that are eating the cake dont want the countries problem to be solved. some body that has 2 wives in nigeria, 3 girl friends abroad and has 10 kids in uk or america schooling, if the problem is solved, where will they see the money to take care of their families in uk, us, and dubai?

1 Like

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Skilex(m): 4:11pm On Dec 15, 2020
bezimo:
Oh really...I have lived in Canada for almost 6 years..i don't regret escaping that useless Nigeria. You have no idea of what you saying.

It will make sense if i come and join you there
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by THMT: 4:27pm On Dec 15, 2020
CamusMidas:

How does that help to put things in perspective if you won't mention how much you earn.

You are smart. I like smart people, you nailed it.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by 3plecharles(m): 4:46pm On Dec 15, 2020
Poor product and service deserve cheap price #hegoat O.P
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by lanresz(m): 4:59pm On Dec 15, 2020
hakeem4:

I hate when people lie like this online. No one makes 1,300CAD and go home with about 900CAD anywhere in Canada unless the person's wage is being garnished for owning government or owning people. Even in the almighty Quebec where taxes are very high, someone making 1,300CAD goes home with over 1,100 CAD. You can check payroll deduction on cra website. That someone is either lying to you or you make that up. Nigeria is not a place you compare to Canada.

4 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Obc1234(m): 5:16pm On Dec 15, 2020
Gibberish
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by GEEBITE: 5:25pm On Dec 15, 2020
Were you earning Naira in UAE ? Convert the Dirhams you were earning to Naira first.
Freestainworld:
When I was residing in UAE, I was paying 150k a month for just one room, just imagine how much I spend in a year, nothing is free anywhere.
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Happy2020: 6:06pm On Dec 15, 2020
This is obviously written by someone who has never left the borders of Nigeria LOL
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Coolcalmcollect(m): 6:07pm On Dec 15, 2020
Modo9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I9Y3PS42vo
you're mad and it's a pity you have no close friends to tell you. your head like african drum own. you dey canada dey say Nigeria is better than canada... idiot

2 Likes

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by banmee(m): 6:09pm On Dec 15, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Now I agree that Nigerians like suffering.

It baffles the mind
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Ranminishe(m): 6:13pm On Dec 15, 2020
I know a guy in my hood, he traveled to Canada 3 years ago, he has bought a house of 15million in Nigeria.

Guy works as a Nanny in Canada. Can you imagine? Nigeria is better than Canada.....

1 Like

Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Classickj(m): 6:40pm On Dec 15, 2020
You post doesn't make sense at all Compare 45 cad to 45 naira...not the other
Re: Opinion:- 10 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Better Than Canada by Classickj(m): 6:42pm On Dec 15, 2020
Freestainworld:
When I was residing in UAE, I was paying 150k a month for just one room, just imagine how much I spend in a year, nothing is free anywhere.
Where you paying 150k dirham

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Bauchi-Ningi: 28 Family Members Traveling In A Bus Die In A Motor Accident / 21 Celebrities Who Own Private Jets / This Bridge Swallows Pregnant Women In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.