Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University (17866 Views)

Have You Wore This Sandals To School Before / I Told My Wife That The Dna Result Of Our Kids Will Be Ready Tomorrow. See What / Is It Right To Encourage Our Kids To Seductively Dance/twerk?(pic/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by SeriouslySense(m): 12:25am On Dec 15, 2020
okay
StacyO:
The reality is much more than going to school.

More industries need be built thereby creating more jobs.

Government schools need to start employing graduates who made it their dream to study some particular subjects while in school.
Not just any teacher they pick from their family list.

What can we be able to produce?? ---- Nothing. Absolutely NOTHING
Even those who are trying to put efforts into the manufacturing sector in Nigeria are not being given the adequate attention they need. Take for example:Abia state
How can a GIANT of AFRICA be the main importer of match sticks?

Zero industries,more hotels--- Some states in Nigeria can gallantly boast of 12 hotels in a row. With how many company's?

Even some of the so called graduates can't put into practical use,what they've been taught all over the years. Why?
Because the Nigerian educational system is a pile of mess,how will a student be based on theories all his life.
Even robotics engineering in Nigeria, is being learnt using pen and paper.

Technical schools are 100% helpful but,just not what the country needs at the moment. Even fees have to be paid first,by who?
In this era of everyday increase in recession?
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by abjonline(m): 12:26am On Dec 15, 2020
like which technical school is functioning in Nigeria?
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Burgerlomo: 12:33am On Dec 15, 2020
marvelck:
Due to the current economic/unemployment situation, I think it's advisable for young boys/girls to go to a technical school first after secondary school, to acquire one or two skills, before going to the university...

E get why!

That's what they called backup plan. cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by badman007(m): 12:51am On Dec 15, 2020
Good idea from my Almajiri country.... I’m not keeping my hopes up, I’m not a fool..

1 Like

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by cardoctor(m): 12:58am On Dec 15, 2020
Interesting.

1 Like

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Tallyman(m): 1:03am On Dec 15, 2020
marvelck:
Due to the current economic/unemployment situation, I think it's advisable for young boys/girls to go to a technical school first after secondary school, to acquire one or two skills, before going to the university...

E get why!

Well that's the way forward if we want to come out of this economic quagmire that we put ourselves into.
We really need to get into mass production of economic goods and services.
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by TerrorSquad147: 1:15am On Dec 15, 2020
UDbester:
Who would pay the tuition fee?

Mumu too much
federal science and technical college isn't expensive
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by calcal: 1:39am On Dec 15, 2020
UDbester:

Mumu too much

GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by InvertedHammer: 2:03am On Dec 15, 2020
/
No need.

Smart ones are making a killing while the other ones remain jobless or underemployed with their paper certificates. Artisans are taking better cumulative per in a month than the majority of graduates.

/
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by openmine(m): 2:18am On Dec 15, 2020
Supported!
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by DonroxyII: 2:34am On Dec 15, 2020
marvelck:

E get why!

That's the essence of polytechnic but trust Nigerian Government to destroy institutions... Why should polytechnics be granting Economics, Accounting, Business Administration etc among other Management courses ....

I wanna see Engineering (Civil, Mechanical and Electrical), Welding, Computer technology, Physics, Chemistry etc

1 Like

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by livinbygrace: 2:40am On Dec 15, 2020
Instead of wasting 4 or 5 yrs in all these glorified secondary schools ,that are wasting destinies all in the name of education in Nigeria,its better you go learn Handwork,Trade or if you are have the means travel out of this country.
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Nobody: 2:57am On Dec 15, 2020
**Wonder why this is romance section

Swears!

If I had the power and money, I'll gain two or three handworks, master it and try to use it after school.

Cause Nigeria is depreciating day in and out.

If there isn't jobs now, how much more when I finish school.
Oh God, help me

4 Likes

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by portacabin: 3:24am On Dec 15, 2020
marvelck:

E get why!

how many technical schools do we have in each town. Such a lame suggestion
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by tunapawizzy: 3:28am On Dec 15, 2020
yomi007k:
I pray we wake up to realise this truth.

The technical colleges will benefit our economy immensely. That's how China made it.
Its not a coincidence that 2 of the 4 biggest economies in the world gives so much importance to technical education. China n germany. In my dear country polytechnic n technical schools are not properly funded their graduates are treated with disdain. Employers that should give them preference are even contributing to it, imagine an engineering firms contributing to this discrimination.
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by davosea(m): 3:53am On Dec 15, 2020
Hmm well i'm pretty sure some will still condem this method,9ja is totally messed up due to unemployment,bad leadership etc this might even lead some people fustration and suicidal atimes,skills is very important it will be very nice if we all understand our field depending on other country for importation of goods won't help its anorying, we can create things aswell more respect to 2pac amaru, It AINT ABOUT THE BLACK OR WHITE WE ARE ALL HUMAN,nothing specail atall let start somewhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Stainlezzking: 4:50am On Dec 15, 2020
2 cents

Our kid??
Do we have a kid together?
Put your kid in technical school, mine is playing football
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by tete7000(m): 5:21am On Dec 15, 2020
And wetin dey Nigeria technical schools? Those who went there, what are they doing with their certificates?

1 Like

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by ModestGal(f): 5:34am On Dec 15, 2020
Legionx:

The average Nigerian lacks the common sense to understand the way the economy works

if you like learn all the skills in the world as long as the Nigerian economy is not promoting new businesses or startups no skill can save your business from crumbling.

Without favorable government policies there is no skill you can learn to move forward.

what we should be asking is what can we do to improve the standard of education in Nigeria so that the courses that people study can have an impact

the poor man teaches his children to study in universities so that they can get a certificate and then get a job and live a comfortable life

We don't go to school just to study and get the certificate.

we go there so that we can learn a course and then use what we have learnt to improve the economy that is why school was created

so if you guys keep running around learning skills how will the economy improve when the people that are supposed to get the intelligent ideas to change things are shying away from scoring high points in school.

if you think enterpreneurship will save Nigeria then you have learnt nothing from 2014 with all their enterpreneurship programs when recession came you saw how many people committed suicide. you all have come together and start bringing the solutions ourselves.

we can't expect the government to do anything impressive when we made the wrong decision by voting the wrong people.

You can never expect a goat to act like a lion, lead like a lion and protect like lion because it a goat is a goat.

so when you bought the wrong leaders you can never expect them to improve the economy and lead like great leaders when you keep collecting bribes to vote the wrong people.. you can never expect them to act in the right way.

right now we have to come together and start looking for ways to improve the economy and improve the educational system because no skill you learn today will not be affected by the economy.

whatever skill you learn the dollar to naira rate will increase, the price of your goods make buying things unfavorable and many more things that you don't want experience.

I agree with you, and those kind of one directional thinking is why Nigerians still live in poverty. 80% of those that learn these skills are either poor or broke

4 Likes

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by wizzyphere(m): 5:53am On Dec 15, 2020
UDbester:

Mumu too much
. the ones in Lagos are absolutely free I'm a product of one

2 Likes

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by vickydevoka(m): 6:24am On Dec 15, 2020
No be lie o. All my guys way technical school for Enugu n onitcha de employ pass university graduate
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by CandidNotes: 6:29am On Dec 15, 2020
UDbester:

Mumu too much

Government - tax payer's money.
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by IAMPEDRO: 6:45am On Dec 15, 2020
Legionx:

The average Nigerian lacks the common sense to understand the way the economy works

if you like learn all the skills in the world as long as the Nigerian economy is not promoting new businesses or startups no skill can save your business from crumbling.

Without favorable government policies there is no skill you can learn to move forward.

what we should be asking is what can we do to improve the standard of education in Nigeria so that the courses that people study can have an impact

the poor man teaches his children to study in universities so that they can get a certificate and then get a job and live a comfortable life

we go there so that we can learn a course and then use what we have learnt to improve the economy that is why school was created

so if you guys keep running around learning skills how will the economy improve when the people that are supposed to get the intelligent ideas to change things are shying away from scoring high points in school.

if you think enterpreneurship will save Nigeria then you have learnt nothing from 2014 with all their enterpreneurship programs when recession came you saw how many people committed suicide. you all have come together and start bringing the solutions ourselves.

we can't expect the government to do anything impressive when we made the wrong decision by voting the wrong people.

You can never expect a goat to act like a lion, lead like a lion and protect like lion because it a goat is a goat.

so when you bought the wrong leaders you can never expect them to improve the economy and lead like great leaders when you keep collecting bribes to vote the wrong people.. you can never expect them to act in the right way.

right now we have to come together and start looking for ways to improve the economy and improve the educational system because no skill you learn today will not be affected by the economy.

whatever skill you learn the dollar to naira rate will increase, the price of your goods make buying things unfavorable and many more things that you don't want experience.

Thank you so much sir, What are some of the things we can do to improve our educational system?

2 Likes

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Franklydes(m): 6:51am On Dec 15, 2020
I have always known how important it is and so my kids must go through it b4 and uni matta
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by meraola29080: 6:54am On Dec 15, 2020
like which technical school is functioning in Nigeria?
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Vecto(m): 7:45am On Dec 15, 2020
Legionx:

What a child

you don't know that the economic policies can affect how coders receive funds from there employers.

Just like the way PayPal banned Nigeria

you're talking about the forex market as if more than 50% of people who go inside there make it.

What a child
What he is saying in essence is that skills, especially IT or digital, can be very lucrative and it can be acquired without any need of going to a technical school. You can learn remotely from home online. Nobody is saying people shouldn't go to school but adding at least one or two skills to it is better. The country is a shit hole. Who wants to change the economy policies. You? Or thousands of jobless Nigerian graduates roaming round the street? Wake up, mister, you are still sleeping.

A relative, an uncle of mine, who studied chemical engineering while in school, but he did not allow that deter him from learning how to develop softwares. Now he is a software engineer. He had to quit his white collar job as a lecturer in a private university to work as a full-time software engineer. Oga, wake up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Heavance(m): 7:53am On Dec 15, 2020
Legionx:

You couldn't have said it better.

1 Like

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Darestc2k12: 7:55am On Dec 15, 2020
marvelck:

E get why!

In this country, we believe too much in University education, that is we are so weak economically. Nigerians with 1st degree and Nigerians with 2nd degree are much more than Americans with 1st degree and Americans with 2nd degree respectively. Conversely, Americans with technical diploma are much more than Nigerians with technical diploma. My prayer is God will open our eyes.
Technical education is the way to go.

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Bluntemperor: 8:22am On Dec 15, 2020
yomi007k:
I pray we wake up to realise this truth.

The technical colleges will benefit our economy immensely. That's how China made it.

What was the original Technical School Agenda,by the govt?.It so unfortunate that we don't even get to know root of so many things before we jumped from our room!
•initial proponents are that those who have a delay for entering higher Institutions will move to Technical Colleges not as a second rate students but will eventually graduate to be on their own ie as CEO,Entrepreneurs,Technical Directors etc-with very sound and well grounded experts.
• that on graduations,GRANTS will be given or awarded to each participant as a start- Off support to make life and their job meaningful,so that they wouldn't join other graduates to que for job! I know of a brother who is so good technically,yet,just after secondary school,he proceeded to a Fed Technical Colleges in Lagos and till date,he fixes and repairs anything called Lift- Coaches,that many will go abroad to learn!
But what do you have,those who should implement bungled it and diverted resources and attention for personal aggrandisement! Today,the technical Schools remain a mirage- an illusion of a glorified secondary schools and has become where many teachers there are just warning chairs!.The govt itself have abandoned promises of given grants and make nonsense out of the scheme.Is that the way Chinese did to become giant.
Terribly bad!
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Gloriagee(f): 8:25am On Dec 15, 2020
Such a romantic topic wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Picture Of The Finest Boy In The Party I Attended Yesterday / Curvy Female Doctor Is Causing Confusion On Social Media (photos) / Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.