Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University (17867 Views)

Have You Wore This Sandals To School Before / I Told My Wife That The Dna Result Of Our Kids Will Be Ready Tomorrow. See What / Is It Right To Encourage Our Kids To Seductively Dance/twerk?(pic/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Tekrify(m): 8:40am On Dec 15, 2020
That the problem with black people like you..
Donald trump promised to create job...look at the situation of Nigeria and that of the US... the job ur talking is the job where Government employ u directly as a civil servant .. mention one country that employs even 10 percent of it citizen as a civil servant...the sole responsibility of government is to sustain the economy and expand sectors to indirectly promote Jobs...but one thing u guys have to understand is That not everyone can be an employee..most Nigerians are very daft that they only want free food from a boss they don't want to ever be their own boss so they blaim the government for their daft reasoning.. every time government should creat job bla bla..the only job u should expect from government is police recruitment, military etc.... nothing more...they are only responsible for the economy...when are u going to change ur mentality from how can I get job to how do I create job for my self and other people....
You only want free food u don't want to think...
This is exactly what made Igbo people excel in Nigeria after the war... apprenticeship system and entrepreneurship...Igbos are the least when it comes to Jobs by government....but those guys are by far the richest with their entrepreneurship skills ...you need to change ur mentality
Legionx:
It is funny how the Americans keep talking about jobs jobs and more jobs.

you see Donald Trump when he came into presidency he promised to create jobs. you didn't promise to build technical schools and startup skills or encourage people to become enterpreneurs.

I Wonder why Africans and Nigerians keep thinking that having so many skills is the way to go
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by aribisala0(m): 9:16am On Dec 15, 2020
Well even the meaning of "technical" is changing
especially in the field of IT , Telecomm , film and media.
What is important is acquiring skills that people will pay for and put food on your table
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Darestc2k12: 9:30am On Dec 15, 2020
marvelck:
Due to the current economic/unemployment situation, I think it's advisable for young boys/girls to go to a technical school first after secondary school, to acquire one or two skills, before going to the university...

E get why!

In this country, we believe too much in University education, that is we are so weak economically. Nigerians with 1st degree and Nigerians with 2nd degree are much more than Americans with 1st degree and Americans with 2nd degree respectively. Conversely, Americans with technical diploma are much more than Nigerians with technical diploma. My prayer is God will open our eyes.
Technical education is the way to go.
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Miccomirror(m): 9:56am On Dec 15, 2020
Legionx:

The average Nigerian lacks the common sense to understand the way the economy works

if you like learn all the skills in the world as long as the Nigerian economy is not promoting new businesses or startups no skill can save your business from crumbling.

Without favorable government policies there is no skill you can learn to move forward.

what we should be asking is what can we do to improve the standard of education in Nigeria so that the courses that people study can have an impact

the poor man teaches his children to study in universities so that they can get a certificate and then get a job and live a comfortable life

We don't go to school just to study and get the certificate.

we go there so that we can learn a course and then use what we have learnt to improve the economy that is why school was created

so if you guys keep running around learning skills how will the economy improve when the people that are supposed to get the intelligent ideas to change things are shying away from scoring high points in school.

if you think enterpreneurship will save Nigeria then you have learnt nothing from 2014 with all their enterpreneurship programs when recession came you saw how many people committed suicide. you all have come together and start bringing the solutions ourselves.

we can't expect the government to do anything impressive when we made the wrong decision by voting the wrong people.

You can never expect a goat to act like a lion, lead like a lion and protect like lion because it a goat is a goat.

so when you bought the wrong leaders you can never expect them to improve the economy and lead like great leaders when you keep collecting bribes to vote the wrong people.. you can never expect them to act in the right way.

right now we have to come together and start looking for ways to improve the economy and improve the educational system because no skill you learn today will not be affected by the economy.

whatever skill you learn the dollar to naira rate will increase, the price of your goods make buying things unfavorable and many more things that you don't want experience.

You are entitled to your opinion.
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Codes151(m): 10:06am On Dec 15, 2020
Bullshit.
Rather we should call for educational reforms.

Either ond the 2 years university.
Or sth.

Besides there are universities with good practicals. But just not Nigerian universities
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Gerrard59(m): 10:53am On Dec 15, 2020
People need to understand that Nigerians are poor which is why vocational sciences aren't well rewarded in the country. So before you mention other countries, know your situation.

1 Like

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Gerrard59(m): 10:54am On Dec 15, 2020
Darestc2k12:

In this country, we believe too much in University education, that is we are so weak economically. Nigerians with 1st degree and Nigerians with 2nd degree are much more than Americans with 1st degree and Americans with 2nd degree respectively. Conversely, Americans with technical diploma are much more than Nigerians with technical diploma. My prayer is God will open our eyes.
Technical education is the way to go.

Do you have any study to corroborate your claim or is the usual OKOTO MEOW I read on this website? Where did you read that Nigerians have more degrees than Americans?
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Gerrard59(m): 11:00am On Dec 15, 2020
Legionx:

The average Nigerian lacks the common sense to understand the way the economy works

if you like learn all the skills in the world as long as the Nigerian economy is not promoting new businesses or startups no skill can save your business from crumbling.

Without favorable government policies there is no skill you can learn to move forward.

what we should be asking is what can we do to improve the standard of education in Nigeria so that the courses that people study can have an impact

the poor man teaches his children to study in universities so that they can get a certificate and then get a job and live a comfortable life

we go there so that we can learn a course and then use what we have learnt to improve the economy that is why school was created

so if you guys keep running around learning skills how will the economy improve when the people that are supposed to get the intelligent ideas to change things are shying away from scoring high points in school.

if you think enterpreneurship will save Nigeria then you have learnt nothing from 2014 with all their enterpreneurship programs when recession came you saw how many people committed suicide. you all have come together and start bringing the solutions ourselves.

we can't expect the government to do anything impressive when we made the wrong decision by voting the wrong people.

You can never expect a goat to act like a lion, lead like a lion and protect like lion because it a goat is a goat.

so when you bought the wrong leaders you can never expect them to improve the economy and lead like great leaders when you keep collecting bribes to vote the wrong people.. you can never expect them to act in the right way.

right now we have to come together and start looking for ways to improve the economy and improve the educational system because no skill you learn today will not be affected by the economy.

whatever skill you learn the dollar to naira rate will increase, the price of your goods make buying things unfavorable and many more things that you don't want experience.

Thank you very much! Anyway, I'm not surprised as most Nigerians have a very poor knowledge and understanding of simple economics. They believe mechanics, bakers, electric technicians, hair stylists, plumbers, barbers etc., will make Nigeria a trillion dollar economy.

BS! Olodos on the best!

1 Like

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Gerrard59(m): 11:04am On Dec 15, 2020
Vecto:
People who look down at handwork are always people who haven't tested their skills on the labour market, hence they are still having a form of unrealistic fantasies about life.
Every salary earner, no matter the pay or level envies people who make money daily and varyingly, not having to wait till the end of the month to execute financial decisions.

— Lezz

You see what I'm talking about? This is the OKOTO MEOW I read daily! So, someone who earns a partly and inconsistent 2K daily is being envied by another who earns 100K monthly with other benefits? Only because the inconsistent 2K earner doesn't have to wait till the end of the month for his wage so as to execute OKOTO MEOW financial decisions?

How many Nigerians do you know in technical fields earn at least 5K daily and do so consistently? Really, most of you people are very stupid and lack basic understanding of simple economics.

3 Likes

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by chatinent: 2:02pm On Dec 15, 2020
chatinent:
It's nice.

Maverickpro , I saw your request. Please contact me using the WhatsApp link on my signature below.
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by kevinexit(m): 2:06pm On Dec 15, 2020
UDbester:
Who would pay the tuition fee?

Mumu too much

Ignoramus . that's how it's done in most African countries . E.g Tanzania..

After secondary school. You must learn a skill before proceeding to higher institution.. the certificate obtained from the Trade house is among the requirements to gain admission...
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by sayhi2eq: 4:03pm On Dec 15, 2020
Enroll for our First Batch of Equilog Professional Heavy Duty Machinery Training and look forward to a Prosperous and life fulfilling 2021.

The 21st century is the century of skilled people where survival depends on the quality of personal skills. In the current era, the Darwinian ‘fittest’ needs to be skilled in order to survive and a Shavian ‘Superman’ needs to learn skills in order to be distinguished.

Mastering a variety of skills can be a distinguishing mark of an individual in this era of competition, multiculturalism and globalization.

About

Ask yourself...

• Could you operate large machinery?
• Can you work as part of a team on a busy job site?
• Do you have good communication skills?
• Can you listen and follow instructions?
• Do you have good judgment?

If the answer to these questions is yes, then a career as a Heavy Equipment Operator could be right for you.
Heavy equipment operators operate heavy equipment used in the construction and maintenance of roads, bridges, airports, gas and oil pipelines, tunnels, buildings and other structures, in surface mining and quarrying activities and in material handling work.
They are employed by construction, pipeline and logging companies, and by heavy equipment contractors.

Duties
As a Heavy Equipment Operator, your duties may include the following: Operating heavy equipment such as cranes, excavator, forklift, payloader, back-hoes and bulldozers to lift, move or place equipment or materials, Inspecting, cleaning, lubricating and refilling equipment.
Heavy equipment operators use different types of equipments: cranes, excavator, forklift, payloader, back-hoes and bulldozers back-hoes, bulldozers, front-end loaders and graders. Some operators work with several types of equipment while others choose to specialize:

Work Condition
The standard work week for heavy equipment operators is 40 hours (8 hours a day, 5 days a week). As with many careers in construction, there are peak periods that will require you to work overtime. The number of additional hours you work each week depends on the construction sector and region you work in, and will vary from one job to the next.
As a Heavy Equipment Operator, you will work outdoors on construction sites. You will work closely with other equipment operators and with ground crew.
As with all careers in construction, safety is the top priority. Heavy equipment operators are trained to work safely and take special precautions to protect against injury.

Training and Certification
Even where certification is voluntary, it is still recommended, as it tells employers and other workers that you are a skilled professional and it also helps you get jobs. To keep their skills current, Heavy Equipment Operators must keep up with new technologies by reading and speaking with others in the field.

#KankaraBoys #EndAsuuStrikeNow #jobseekers #selfconfidence #travel #futuregoals #ElectoralCollege #Bandits #FreeTemsAndOmahLay #Certified

Registration is currently ongoing.. and there limited seats available

Visit any of our Office, Vatebra Tech Hub KM 25 Lekki Epe Expressway Opposite Fidelity Bank, Ajah Lagos

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Vecto(m): 7:39pm On Dec 15, 2020
Gerrard59:

You see what I'm talking about? This is the OKOTO MEOW I read daily! So, someone who earns a partly and inconsistent 2K daily is being envied by another who earns 100K monthly with other benefits? Only because the inconsistent 2K earner doesn't have to wait till the end of the month for his wage so as to execute OKOTO MEOW financial decisions?

How many Nigerians do you know in technical fields earn at least 5K daily and do so consistently? Really, most of you people are very stupid and lack basic understanding of simple economics.
You are very dumb. Let me break it down for you as to a 2 year old kid.

I know a barber who charges nothing less than #500 per hair cut. Let's say he gets an average of 10 customer's per day. Now that's #5000 daily.
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Gerrard59(m): 7:51pm On Dec 15, 2020
Vecto:
You are very dumb. Let me break it down for you as to a 2 year old kid.

I know a barber who charges nothing less than #500 per hair cut. Let's say he gets an average of 10 customer's per day. Now that's #5000 daily.

Is he assured of same 5K daily? Does he pocket all without paying taxes/levies, employees, rents etc?

Every salary earner, no matter the pay or level envies people who make money daily and varyingly, not having to wait till the end of the month to execute financial decisions.

When you stated that nonsense, what were you thinking? "I made sense"?
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:38pm On Dec 15, 2020
Legionx:

The thing just tire me. These people should show me just one country that experienced economic transformation through SMEs.
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:39pm On Dec 15, 2020
Legionx:
It is funny how the Americans keep talking about jobs jobs and more jobs.

you see Donald Trump when he came into presidency he promised to create jobs. you didn't promise to build technical schools and startup skills or encourage people to become enterpreneurs.

I Wonder why Africans and Nigerians keep thinking that having so many skills is the way to go
OMG! I have asked someone this same question. grin
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by UDbester(m): 3:11am On Dec 16, 2020
kevinexit:

Ignoramus . that's how it's done in most African countries . E.g Tanzania..

After secondary school. You must learn a skill before proceeding to higher institution.. the certificate obtained from the Trade house is among the requirements to gain admission...

You are so mayopic in your thinking and assimilation!!

That's how it is done in most African countries, e.g Tanzania: are we in Tanzania or most African countries? Please stop mentioning me in any post. Just focus on your focus and let me focus on my focus for world Peace.
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by kevinexit(m): 6:50am On Dec 16, 2020
UDbester:

You are so mayopic in your thinking and assimilation!!

That's how it is done in most African countries, e.g Tanzania: are we in Tanzania or most African countries? Please stop mentioning me in any post. Just focus on your focus and let me focus on my focus for world Peace.

Lazy fool like you.. dreaming of riches and you in a position to make a difference...
Who cares about you.. when did you begin to use the internet .. ? Tired soul!
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by cokeryusuf09(m): 10:55am On Dec 16, 2020
the issue of vocational training is more complex,the primary aim of govt was to send student to two or three year training before going to polytechnic so student of such product will have to balance their practical knowledge with theory and mathematics that back it up.
since most parent want their student to go to sss without going for technical during junior waec exam we have a lot of people fighting to be an holder of degree.
most poly lecturer are running to join university and relegation of technologist to lab is a major problem e.g a technologist should take a course like instrumentation but it is giving to a lecturer which messed the course up and also many technologist don't wanna update the practical manual
a lot need to be done in diversifying economy but the truth is Nigerians need to help each other without wanting returns
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by RedPanthar: 1:15pm On Dec 23, 2020
livinbygrace:
Instead of wasting 4 or 5 yrs in all these glorified secondary schools ,that are wasting destinies all in the name of education in Nigeria,its better you go learn Handwork,Trade or if you are have the means travel out of this country.

You get bad mouth o tongue
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Darestc2k12: 9:06am On Dec 29, 2020
Gerrard59:

Do you have any study to corroborate your claim or is the usual OKOTO MEOW I read on this website? Where did you read that Nigerians have more degrees than Americans?

Have you find out and u discover the opposite.
The truth and the fact is that the Nigerian citizens with 1st or 2nd degree are more than the american citizens. This is a common fact
Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Gerrard59(m): 11:20am On Dec 29, 2020
Darestc2k12:

Have you find out and u discover the opposite.
The truth and the fact is that the Nigerian citizens with 1st or 2nd degree are more than the american citizens. This is a common fact

Where can anyone find out this fact?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Our Kids Should Enroll In Technical School Before Going To University by Darestc2k12: 8:39pm On Jan 01, 2021
Gerrard59:

Where can anyone find out this fact?

Chat me up 08073861100

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Curvy Female Doctor Is Causing Confusion On Social Media (photos) / Are Nigerian Babes Losing Out On Nigerian Men? / Picture Of The Finest Boy In The Party I Attended Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.