Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,915 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? (29015 Views)

Any Hope Of Getting An Australian Work Visa? 300k paid already. / Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) / Help Me Get My Money Back From Ethiopian Airlines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by FODA(m): 2:56pm On Dec 17, 2020
slimkhalifa:
Your money don go seriously
'Xcept she has a kind heart
kind hearted pple don't do visa agent bro,visa age ts are worst than our politicians
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Ghostmode2two(m): 2:58pm On Dec 17, 2020
This matter is very strong. Those travel agents and clearing and forwarding agents are very heartless set of people. I pray God touches her heart so she could make a refund.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by dododawa1: 2:59pm On Dec 17, 2020
Your brother voted BUHARI and he wanted to japa�
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Odidigboigbo(m): 3:01pm On Dec 17, 2020
If you know his house and work place, then u have no problem retrieving the money. Just contact me, I will get back your money within a space of time. Don't dull yourself.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by blackgold90(m): 3:03pm On Dec 17, 2020
Benzoway:
A travel agent promised to get my cousin an Australian work visa for 800k. He already paid 300k before I got to know about it.
Now it's clear that the whole thing is a scam and we're looking for the best way to go about this.

So far, the agent says she has already started processing some documents but she hasn't submitted anything yet.
I've told her that we can forfeit 10% (30k) and have her refund the balance of 270k.
Her response was that she isn't sure yet but we will talk tonight.
The fair advantage we have is that she is a friend of our relative and we know her house and work place.

So guys, please what is the best way to go about getting a refund from this agent?
Do we go to the police? Or do we get a lawyer?.

If she fails to refund your N270K or if she later paid let said N150K, then access all that she has and use boys to seize them and sell.
Maybe she has iPhone, plasma TV or Car, if she work in a good place we move shit there.

Anything less than these forget it.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by trendymart(m): 3:03pm On Dec 17, 2020
Benzoway:
A travel agent promised to get my cousin an Australian work visa for 800k. He already paid 300k before I got to know about it.
Now it's clear that the whole thing is a scam and we're looking for the best way to go about this.

So far, the agent says she has already started processing some documents but she hasn't submitted anything yet.
I've told her that we can forfeit 10% (30k) and have her refund the balance of 270k.
The fair advantage we have is that she is a friend of our relative and we know her house and work place.

So guys, please what is the best way to go about getting a refund from this agent?

There is only one sure way to make people seat in Nigeria. Dubious people are everywhere leaving fake lives especially ladies,whether she has spent the money of not is inconsequential .

why would you concede to forfeit 30k?

Take the following steps.

1. Approach a lawyer friend and secure the services without having to pay apart from logistics.
2. .Let the lawyer know what you want a (refund) .
3. The point is let the lady know that you are (a) involving her employers in the matter (b) you intent to publish the story with her image in a newspaper (its very cheap) (c) Collect her full names and evidence of payment and get her social media handles facebook,linkedin and instagram where you could also publish your story. If she has an official email account try and get it too.
4. Your lawyer are already involved. and Wait for her response and see her urgent.

She will pay you immediately.

I had an experience where a company refused to pay balance of the contract sum after completing job for them i had to write them anc copies my lawyer in the email. they paid immediately the following week without a reply.

you need to be tough to do business in Nigeria. Especially Lagos.

If you following this steps prayerfully you must get your refund

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by iamJ(m): 3:05pm On Dec 17, 2020
Uncle your money done kiss sky cheesy
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 17, 2020
Benzoway:

What documents do you have to prove your position?

Are you sure you are telling the absolute truth?
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by linearity: 3:12pm On Dec 17, 2020
What made you think it is scam? There are agents helping people to get genuine traveling documents and visas.

If you sure, she is a scam Artist, you wouldn’t have negotiated for her to keep 10%. Approach your bank and file an official report that, she scam your brother out 300k and give them her details.

I also believe CBN have an online like/Twitter/email to report scams to, search online for those and also report her to them.

There is also an option to involve EFCC, though they might not do anything, but just reporting to them is enough.

I wouldn’t say to involve the police or assume they will be of any help, as they will want something from you...but going to the Police Station to report it, so you get a police report is important.

Just reporting to your brother’s and CBN are enough to spook her and you will get the full 300k back.

Scammers don’t want the banking system or Government to open file in their names, because it is bad for business...all previous, current and future dirty dealings may be uncovered, so they will prefer to cut their looses with you, even if it means borrowing the money or scamming another Maga to raise the funds.

2 Likes

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by dammyagboola(m): 3:15pm On Dec 17, 2020
If she gave you condition that you would forfeit 10% of the money. You better collect your remaining 270,000 and allow peace to reign. Because if you involved police in this matter which may likely to happen if she refused to comply on 10%. Be prepare to spend more money which may not yield positive result on time.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Zhirinovsky: 3:16pm On Dec 17, 2020
Since it is a scam, you can easily get your money back.

Give him 3 days to refund you the money or face grave consequences.
Take police to his place of work and report to the management.

Benzoway:
Hey guys, please I need more suggestions on how to go about this.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by trendymart(m): 3:17pm On Dec 17, 2020
Benzoway:

There is only one sure way to make people seat in Nigeria. Dubious people are everywhere leaving fake lives especially ladies,whether she has spent the money of not is inconsequential .

why would you concede to forfeit 30k?

Take the following steps.

1. Approach a lawyer friend and secure the services without having to pay apart from logistics.
2. .Let the lawyer know what you want a (refund) .
3. The point is let the lady know that you are (a) involving her employers in the matter (b) you intent to publish the story with her image in a newspaper (its very cheap) (c) Collect her full names and evidence of payment and get her social media handles facebook,linkedin and instagram where you could also publish your story. If she has an official email account try and get it too.
4. Your lawyer are already involved. and Wait for her response and see her urgent.

She will pay you immediately.

I had an experience where a company refused to pay balance of the contract sum after completing job for them i had to write them anc copies my lawyer in the email. they paid immediately the following week without a reply.

you need to be tough to do business in Nigeria. Especially Lagos.

If you following this steps prayerfully you must get your refund

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by sirgigs: 3:19pm On Dec 17, 2020
Benzoway:

Thanks for this advice. She has been dribbling us since 2 days now on whether or not she will refund it. I'm planning to visit her house in person by Saturday.

Go and arrest her!
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by vickydevoka(m): 3:30pm On Dec 17, 2020
Roon9:
Fat 300k in this economy?
You'd just be thinking how many bags of rice could have gone into that amount.
Oga Dem never job u b4. Wen de Jon me 500k last 2 months na so my eyes open
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by vickydevoka(m): 3:32pm On Dec 17, 2020
alingo2013:
I won't lie if you get 150k thank God
No be lie. My guy way de job dat year b4 de useless man pay we kidnap am after we release am him come arrest de guy , my guy still de serve him 10 yrs in prisonment

1 Like

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 17, 2020
Benzoway:

She will refund the money or process it. She can't run
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by MummyD2020(f): 3:36pm On Dec 17, 2020
[quote author=Benzoway post=97158528][/quote]

U guys should stop posting all these scary pics na

1 Like

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by costandi(m): 3:38pm On Dec 17, 2020
CalliDora1:
Why do people like medicine after death approach to matters? This question ought to have come first before going into the deal, not after.

That is why I like to open post to ask questions here or on other sites before doing anything. At least from advices I'll get here, I will be well guided in my decisions.

The only thing you can do is pray she hasn't spent the money and hope she agrees to refund you guys.

If you involve the police, just know its another round of spending which might not even yield quick and positive results.

Hopefully someone else will chime in something better.

It was clearly stated that he wasn't aware before the transaction took place but you want to make it seem as though he had the opportunity to ask questions before his brother engaged in the transaction. If there's no way out, just tell him so and quit the storytelling.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Blitzeee(m): 3:39pm On Dec 17, 2020
I saw a post here that is similar to your story

The person made his bank to write the creditor's bank that a fraudulent amount has been credited to their account. The credited account was suspended, the owner came and he was made to pay back

How I wish I can get the thread

I wish you luck sha
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by FAndreas(m): 3:40pm On Dec 17, 2020
hmmm
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by donMIG(m): 3:41pm On Dec 17, 2020
U screwed up wen u requested for the moni
U for just dei play along without sending more moni
Like this the person dei on high alert
If na greedy person r go still dei find more but wise guy Go just ghost ur sorry ass
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Seyzcham91(m): 3:42pm On Dec 17, 2020
I don't know why Naija People are so Gullible? how could you or any one would have believed Such in the first place?

when it's not Dubai or other Gulf Countries you are going how can you fall for such lie of getting an Australian Visa for 800k

i laff in china grin

let me tell you, getting to these listed countries(Canada, Australia, Switzerland) on Ordinary Visit or conference visa sef no be beans and you can't spend anything less than 3milion for single person not to talk of Working Visa grin

Get your facts right before falling for all these Scamagents of naija looking for what to Eat
CalliDora1:
Why do people like medicine after death approach to matters? This question ought to have come first before going into the deal, not after.

That is why I like to open post to ask questions here or on other sites before doing anything. At least from advices I'll get here, I will be well guided in my decisions.

The only thing you can do is pray she hasn't spent the money and hope she agrees to refund you guys.

If you involve the police, just know its another round of spending which might not even yield quick and positive results.

Hopefully someone else will chime in something better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 17, 2020
smh
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Emyogalanya: 4:15pm On Dec 17, 2020
Benzoway:

Lol, do you want me to be scammed?
sorry o but i thought you said its your brother , how come its you that is now afraid of been scammed ? And by the way i do not think the guy you quoted wanted to scam you. No you have already been scammed not about to be scamed
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Charly68: 4:27pm On Dec 17, 2020
Travel agent!!! Babanla scammer !!!
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by blackgoldd(m): 4:35pm On Dec 17, 2020
Seyzcham91:
I don't know why Naija People are so Gullible? how could you or any one would have believed Such in the first place?

when it's not Dubai or other Gulf Countries you are going how can you fall for such lie of getting an Australian Visa for 800k

i laff in china grin

let me tell you, getting to these listed countries(Canada, Australia, Switzerland) on Ordinary Visit or conference visa sef no be beans and you can't spend anything less than 3milion for single person not to talk of Working Visa grin

Get your facts right before falling for all these Scamagents of naija looking for what to Eat

Bro u mean getting this above mentioned country visa will cost 3million,,,,,, if so i don commot my hand in anything travel b that

1 Like

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Luu40: 4:44pm On Dec 17, 2020
Report the case to EFCC office the state
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by GboyegaD(m): 5:05pm On Dec 17, 2020
Benzoway:

Why are you asking for a refund? Did they not sign a contract where he agreed she helps him secure the visa? I guess the agent too doesn't know her right and she is probably fraudulent otherwise, she shouldn'trespond to your talks.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Bankowner: 5:08pm On Dec 17, 2020
Involve the Police at your peril. Best way out, go to EFCC and file a petition. Or if you know a military officer who can invite her to his base to make her sign an ironclad agreement. Trust me, you’ll get results faster than you think.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Seyzcham91(m): 5:24pm On Dec 17, 2020
naxo bro but you don't have to comot your hand na grin

There are still some other European Countries you can enter With lesser amount just that those Above mentioned are very Tough oo with High cost and require a very strong Agent not all these scamagents around looking for what to eat
blackgoldd:

Bro u mean getting this above mentioned country visa will cost 3million,,,,,, if so i don commot my hand in anything travel b that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

''Nigeria Is My America!" - Gambian Businesswoman In Lagos Declares (Video) / Nigerian Lady Hails The Italian Government After They Blessed Her With Provision / Motor Accident Kills 3 In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.