Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? (29023 Views)

Any Hope Of Getting An Australian Work Visa? 300k paid already. / Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) / Help Me Get My Money Back From Ethiopian Airlines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by 4X4: 1:59am On Dec 19, 2020
IF YOU WANT TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK CALL ME 08109977194, 09014135779
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by 4X4: 1:59am On Dec 19, 2020
IF YOU WANT TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK CALL ME 08109977194, 09014135779.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Originalsly: 2:37am On Dec 19, 2020
Bro.... you know the person... address and work place. She began processing the papers but has not submitted it? How is this possible? You should be demanding a refund.... and giving her a date when all must be refunded. Go to her workplace on Monday to make your demands.... you need the money... all of it on Tuesday or she must not blame you for the next action you will take. It's for her to borrow beg or steal to find it. If she is bold enough to scam you then you should be bold enough to take tough measures to be refunded. If she doesn't refund... pay a Police/ soldier to drag her out of her workplace ... and her colleagues must know she is a scammer. Let Christmas in jail be her vision. If she can't find cash... let her settle with property ... her fridge... stove.. TV... stuff that you can sell to raise the cash. You have to be ruthless with scammers/thieves when you find them.

1 Like

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 19, 2020
Originalsly:
Bro.... you know the person... address and work place. She began processing the papers but has not submitted it? How is this possible? You should be demanding a refund.... and giving her a date when all must be refunded. Go to her workplace on Monday to make your demands.... you need the money... all of it on Tuesday or she must not blame you for the next action you will take. It's for her to borrow beg or steal to find it. If she is bold enough to scam you then you should be bold enough to take tough measures to be refunded. If she doesn't refund... pay a Police/ soldier to drag her out of her workplace ... and her colleagues must know she is a scammer. Let Christmas in jail be her vision. If she can't find cash... let her settle with property ... her fridge... stove.. TV... stuff that you can sell to raise the cash. You have to be ruthless with scammers/thieves when you find them.
You're right and thanks for your contribution.
We actually stormed her office yesterday and told her we needed a refund. She said she already paid the money to her partners to start procuring some documents but that she will try to get some of the money back.
I told her we can only forfeit 10% at most (30k) and we demand a payment of the 270k balance. She said no problem that she will talk to the people and let us know.
We will call her this evening.
Getting money back from an agent cannot be done in a peaceful way and we are prepared to take this to any level.

2 Likes

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Whales001(m): 10:36pm On Dec 22, 2020
Benzoway:

You're right and thanks for your contribution.
We actually stormed her office yesterday and told her we needed a refund. She said she already paid the money to her partners to start procuring some documents but that she will try to get some of the money back.
I told her we can only forfeit 10% at most (30k) and we demand a payment of the 270k balance. She said no problem that she will talk to the people and let us know.
We will call her this evening.
Getting money back from an agent cannot be done in a peaceful way and we are prepared to take this to any level.

I no come here from you again oo. Biko if you don't want to send me her pics , kindly chat me up so me can send you the pics I have with me so you can confirm with you, also i will forward to you via WhatsApp the available numbers we have use to reach and communicate with her during the process, should it require you listen to some Audio conversations I will forward 1 or 2 to you that involve the visa arrangement stuff. Am just curious to know if it's the same Agent because of the similarities in your explanation which is almost the same with my experience. So I just only need to confirm with available information I have with me. Kindly help me to validate at your end if you don't want to send me her pics.....
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Nobody: 5:02am On Dec 23, 2020
Whales001:

I no come here from you again oo. Biko if you don't want to send me her pics , kindly chat me up so me can send you the pics I have with me so you can confirm with you, also i will forward to you via WhatsApp the available numbers we have use to reach and communicate with her during the process, should it require you listen to some Audio conversations I will forward 1 or 2 to you that involve the visa arrangement stuff. Am just curious to know if it's the same Agent because of the similarities in your explanation which is almost the same with my experience. So I just only need to confirm with available information I have with me. Kindly help me to validate at your end if you don't want to send me her pics.....
Sorry I forgot, I've been really busy. It's fine, here's my number > 09137701406, text me on whatsapp and I'll share some info with you.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 23, 2020
Update: we did it guys!! She has has paid 250k today and promised to pay an extra 20k to make up the agreed sum of 270k.

I appreciate all the advice and comments cheesy

6 Likes

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Geophilip: 11:27am On Mar 06, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
If you know his house and work place, then u have no problem retrieving the money. Just contact me, I will get back your money within a space of time. Don't dull yourself.

Bros good morning...
There is an issue I will like to discuss with you.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by walee2021: 12:12pm On Mar 11, 2021
guy forget about the money jaree and focus on the traving issue,nah so they do for me and my sister.forget and move on bro,fear nigga agent..
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by walee2021: 5:23pm On Nov 11, 2021
Guy I beg just forget am abeg,them scam I sister to 3 times not once,from different agent. just leave am life goes on okay boss
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by AkeenoGlobal: 5:01am On Dec 01, 2023
Update: we did it guys!! She has has paid 250k today and promised to pay an extra 20k to make up the agreed sum of 270k.

I appreciate all the advice and comments cheesy
How did you go about it?
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by beulahland82(m): 7:34pm On Jan 19
Thriller Travels is a scam, it rose up very quickly in just 6 months, and have gotten 1M followers on IG, and while looking at the IG Followers, they are not solid followers.

I was at one of his campaigns and I can say it with all mouth that he is a scammer, how will you open your mouth and tell the world that all travel agencies in Nigeria are using your portal for documentation?

How on heart will you say you are selling Canadian Visa application for 30K which is free for all applicants.

How will you say that all visa fees are C$185, How will you say LMIA is provided by you, and interested applicants should pay instantly as you are doing the campaign with bank details instantly posted without telling people where your office is located?

Canada has multiple work visa types and only eligibility assessment will let each individual know the one they are eligible for.

How on earth will you be telling people to pay 1.8M and get visiting visa and then seek asylum on getting in to Canada so that they can work?

Please don't fall for this cheap talk and campaign, the worst this is both people who are learned and unlearned are at the event hall, both old and young were there, promising free visa for people when you are not the higher or deputy high commissioner.

Beware for your own mental sake.

A travel agent promised to get my cousin an Australian work visa for 800k. He already paid 300k before I got to know about it.
Now it's clear that the whole thing is a scam and we're looking for the best way to go about this.

So far, the agent says she has already started processing some documents but she hasn't submitted anything yet.
I've told her that we can forfeit 10% (30k) and have her refund the balance of 270k.
Her response was that she isn't sure yet but we will talk tonight.
The fair advantage we have is that she is a friend of our relative and we know her house and work place.

So guys, please what is the best way to go about getting a refund from this agent?
Do we go to the police? Or do we get a lawyer?.

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by kelmicheal: 8:40pm On Jan 19
What advice do you actually want? You have said it all in your post

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

''Nigeria Is My America!" - Gambian Businesswoman In Lagos Declares (Video) / Nigerian Lady Hails The Italian Government After They Blessed Her With Provision / Motor Accident Kills 3 In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.