Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,341 members, 7,815,682 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? (29013 Views)

Any Hope Of Getting An Australian Work Visa? 300k paid already. / Lady Who Was Extorted By LASTMA Police Gets Her Money Back (Photos) / Help Me Get My Money Back From Ethiopian Airlines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Drizzy5001(m): 5:30pm On Dec 17, 2020
If they say make u , use the money do Christmas for boys now u no go Gree...
I will advise to arrange area boys for her, ur money go comot sharp sharp grin
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Mikenuelmike: 5:48pm On Dec 17, 2020
Since one of your acquaintances knows her abode, you could storm her apartment and discuss extensively for solution...
Moreover, you need to pray intensively for divine wisdom and intervention before going.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Whales001(m): 6:33pm On Dec 17, 2020
I think you said the agent is a woman, so can you please help with her name's and contact phone number , This case could get interesting because I had a pending case file against an Agent she is a woman and have spent money , I mean lot of funds on police and lawyer and no where to be found till present. She runs Australia visa for us too infact na job visa like your brother own, Total package 850K each of us. So make he no be say na the woman when me and my colleague get case against na him come scam your brother . So abeg I wrote you a mail to provide me those request above and aslo help me with her pictures like 2 or 3 to compare with the pics I have here. Waiting your prompt response. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by golddare: 8:40pm On Dec 17, 2020
Benzoway:
A travel agent promised to get my cousin an Australian work visa for 800k. He already paid 300k before I got to know about it.
Now it's clear that the whole thing is a scam and we're looking for the best way to go about this.

So far, the agent says she has already started processing some documents but she hasn't submitted anything yet.
I've told her that we can forfeit 10% (30k) and have her refund the balance of 270k.
Her response was that she isn't sure yet but we will talk tonight.
The fair advantage we have is that she is a friend of our relative and we know her house and work place.

So guys, please what is the best way to go about getting a refund from this agent?
Do we go to the police? Or do we get a lawyer?.

If you paid into her account then you have some form of evidence, while talking with her just let her know that you have that as an evidence and you dont want to involve third party like the police so she should please answer you guys. Ensure you record your conversation too. Dont threaten her, be civil but firm.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Sarang(f): 8:56pm On Dec 17, 2020
Blitzeee:
I saw a post here that is similar to your story

The person made his bank to write the creditor's bank that a fraudulent amount has been credited to their account. The credited account was suspended, the owner came and he was made to pay back

How I wish I can get the thread

I wish you luck sha

Please I need that thread
A friend is in this mess now
Amount is 1 million
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Chiino(m): 9:03pm On Dec 17, 2020
Things like this shouldn't be happening anymore
Visit www.nairacheck.com to verify businesses before transactions or to add a fraudster to warn other people

But always use this service before you send one kobo... it's free

1 Like

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by marsup: 9:11pm On Dec 17, 2020
Benzoway:
Hey guys, please I need more suggestions on how to go about this.
Has the agent said, she won't be able to process the visa anymore for your cousin? why don't you wait a bit, for her to keep her own end of the bargain, if she doesn't........ report to the police and then tell her you will post her pictures and number all over the internet, as a scammer.
Tell your cousin to be cautions and less desperate, to avoid being bitten twice.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by ibinaboonline: 10:04pm On Dec 17, 2020
I feel like I know what is happening here. You got wind that your cousin is paying an agent to do work for him or her and your skeptical self quickly went in drive. Then you march your cousin to the agent to ask for the money back. Meanwhile, nothing has gone wrong yet. You just no one do again and you want your money back. If the agent isn't a friend like you said, you may not get a penny back. The funny thing is, the agent might even deliver on the job but your over sabi no go come sabotage everything.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Nobody: 3:03am On Dec 18, 2020
lagdmark:

OP are you that foolish, which one be working visa. Last year 2019 one foolish man asked me to get him a working visa to Germany, i told to apply for tourist visa himself i can only help him with invitation letters.
Please work visa is fake with most agents, maybe only the UAE do that.
You're absolutely. No one can get an unskilled SSCE holder a work visa to a first world country like Australia.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Nobody: 3:17am On Dec 18, 2020
linearity:
What made you think it is scam? There are agents helping people to get genuine traveling documents and visas.

If you sure, she is a scam Artist, you wouldn’t have negotiated for her to keep 10%. Approach your bank and file an official report that, she scam your brother out 300k and give them her details.

I also believe CBN have an online like/Twitter/email to report scams to, search online for those and also report her to them.

There is also an option to involve EFCC, though they might not do anything, but just reporting to them is enough.

I wouldn’t say to involve the police or assume they will be of any help, as they will want something from you...but going to the Police Station to report it, so you get a police report is important.

Just reporting to your brother’s and CBN are enough to spook her and you will get the full 300k back.

Scammers don’t want the banking system or Government to open file in their names, because it is bad for business...all previous, current and future dirty dealings may be uncovered, so they will prefer to cut their looses with you, even if it means borrowing the money or scamming another Maga to raise the funds.
This is a good idea, thanks
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Nobody: 3:24am On Dec 18, 2020
ibinaboonline:
I feel like I know what is happening here. You got wind that your cousin is paying an agent to do work for him or her and your skeptical self quickly went in drive. Then you march your cousin to the agent to ask for the money back. Meanwhile, nothing has gone wrong yet. You just no one do again and you want your money back. If the agent isn't a friend like you said, you may not get a penny back. The funny thing is, the agent might even deliver on the job but your over sabi no go come sabotage everything.
You're a novice to believe that anyone can get you an Australian work visa for 800k.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Nobody: 3:27am On Dec 18, 2020
Whales001:
I think you said the agent is a woman, so can you please help with her name's and contact phone number , This case could get interesting because I had a pending case file against an Agent she is a woman and have spent money , I mean lot of funds on police and lawyer and no where to be found till present. She runs Australia visa for us too infact na job visa like your brother own, Total package 850K each of us. So make he no be say na the woman when me and my colleague get case against na him come scam your brother . So abeg I wrote you a mail to provide me those request above and aslo help me with her pictures like 2 or 3 to compare with the pics I have here. Waiting your prompt response. Thanks.
This particular agent/crook is an igbo woman based in Aba, abia state. She claims to be a lawyer (who can't even speak or write simple English), and she is in her mid 40's. If yours shares similar info then she is likely the same person.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Dexpro: 4:46am On Dec 18, 2020
You can recover all of your money from her. I render such services. Comes at a cost though.
Benzoway:
A travel agent promised to get my cousin an Australian work visa for 800k. He already paid 300k before I got to know about it.
Now it's clear that the whole thing is a scam and we're looking for the best way to go about this.

So far, the agent says she has already started processing some documents but she hasn't submitted anything yet.
I've told her that we can forfeit 10% (30k) and have her refund the balance of 270k.
The fair advantage we have is that she is a friend of our relative and we know her house and work place.

So guys, please what is the best way to go about getting a refund from this agent?

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Nobody: 4:58am On Dec 18, 2020
Dexpro:
You can recover all of your money from her. I render such services. Comes at a cost though.
You don mean it

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by actioncadet: 5:25am On Dec 18, 2020
Please, I really need to know about getting visa to a comfortable country with my spouse. How can I go about it?
Benzoway:

No, it takes nothing from me to say it's me. My first time traveling abroad was in 2014 and I would never make the mistake of using an agent.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by actioncadet: 5:29am On Dec 18, 2020
Please nairalander, I intend to start processing my visa.
Which country is more preferable?
How can I go with my wife? Although just wedded.
Should I use agent or any other ways?
I need more clarification on dis my people.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Whales001(m): 8:04am On Dec 18, 2020
I will advice you involve your lawyer, Lawyer have there own police they work with, from there they know how to arranger for a warrant and get her arrested. This way will yield a quick result with recovery and your lawyer will be an edge for you is better than having the police by your side to run things! Abeg I still solicit if you can share her phone and pictures with me! Mobile/ WhatsApp contact 08036386322. I reside here in Lagos. I can't just wait to confirm her Identity via her pics or just any available numbers you have been using to communicate with her. I will burst her straight even though make she stay abroad. Person when I done arrange lawyer for Australia look for her links and contact. Any day Any time am still in search for her. Over 2.Something M no be Joke! But wetin man won do , Man gatz to move on. So I just wish I could kick her ass early enough before I travel. As I just got admission for study next year......
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by aramidebaba: 9:36am On Dec 18, 2020
Getting money back from those evil agent is very difficult . I was a victim. I paid
530k to agent that agent is also a pastor. He is a founder of a co-operative which my mum is also a member. He promised me Australia working visa. He said the Total cost is 1.2m he said 50% of the money have to pay and when I start working in Australia the remaining balance will be paying monthly after collecting my salary. I did bank transfer of 270k to him. While 260k cash was paid to him by my mum. It's a long story. After that I discovered that this is a scam. I started call him to refund my money. He gave an excuse that he has taken the agent he paid to to court. It up to a stage that he was attaching me spiritually in other not to pay the money. Till now my brother he haven't pay me the money. I don't even think of the money again. More than 3 years now.

2 Likes

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Yaks02(m): 11:28am On Dec 18, 2020
phrancys001:
Go cari U meet one baba e go do "back to sender" for U in less than 24hrs d agent will resend your moni back to U all e go cost U na 30k peree

Where d baba de
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Ipisi(m): 12:25pm On Dec 18, 2020
Benzoway:

Goto Alagbon Police station in Ikoyi...

If the person hears the name first, he/She will pay by force. Come back and thank me later
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Ipisi(m): 12:26pm On Dec 18, 2020
aramidebaba:
Getting money back from those evil agent is very difficult . I was a victim. I paid
530k to agent that agent is also a pastor. He is a founder of a co-operative which my mum is also a member. He promised me Australia working visa. He said the Total cost is 1.2m he said 50% of the money have to pay and when I start working in Australia the remaining balance will be paying monthly after collecting my salary. I did bank transfer of 270k to him. While 260k cash was paid to him by my mum. It's a long story. After that I discovered that this is a scam. I started call him to refund my money. He gave an excuse that he has taken the agent he paid to to court. It up to a stage that he was attaching me spiritually in other not to pay the money. Till now my brother he haven't pay me the money. I don't even think of the money again. More than 3 years now.

Nawa oooo
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Ipisi(m): 12:29pm On Dec 18, 2020
Benzoway:

You don mean it

Is this the oyibo woman that scammed you?
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 18, 2020
actioncadet:
Please, I really need to know about getting visa to a comfortable country with my spouse. How can I go about it?
Abort mission. Countries are still trying to recover from covid so this isn't a great time to travel. Also, never use an agent.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 18, 2020
Whales001:
I will advice you involve your lawyer, Lawyer have there own police they work with, from there they know how to arranger for a warrant and get her arrested. This way will yield a quick result with recovery and your lawyer will be an edge for you is better than having the police by your side to run things! Abeg I still solicit if you can share her phone and pictures with me! Mobile/ WhatsApp contact 08036386322. I reside here in Lagos. I can't just wait to confirm her Identity via her pics or just any available numbers you have been using to communicate with her. I will burst her straight even though make she stay abroad. Person when I done arrange lawyer for Australia look for her links and contact. Any day Any time am still in search for her. Over 2.Something M no be Joke! But wetin man won do , Man gatz to move on. So I just wish I could kick her ass early enough before I travel. As I just got admission for study next year......
I understand but you should know that it's not ideal to share some personal info because I'm still on her case. We met her today and she promised to refund part of the money. I'll send you her picture today.

1 Like

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 18, 2020
aramidebaba:
It's really sad bro. This particular woman is very dubious as well but after meeting us today she got the message that we're serious. She has promised to refund 270k. I'm hoping next week yields some results.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Whales001(m): 4:50pm On Dec 18, 2020
Ipisi:

Nawa oooo

Is this the oyibo woman that scammed you? [/quote]
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Whales001(m): 4:57pm On Dec 18, 2020
Benzoway:

I understand but you should know that it's not ideal to share some personal info because I'm still on her case. We met her today and she promised to refund part of the money. I'll send you her picture today.

Ok I got you. Kindly make it confidential by sending the pics to me via my WhatsApp Number 08036386322. Not advisable to send the pics or contact on this channel because we don't know who is who. So kindly chat me up I wait your response Thanks.

1 Like

Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 18, 2020
Whales001:

Ok I got you. Kindly make it confidential by sending the pics to me via my WhatsApp Number 08036386322. Not advisable to send the pics or contact on this channel because we don't know who is who. So kindly chat me up I wait your response Thanks.
Ok, I've asked my cousin to forward the pic to me. I'll send it to you asap
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by ibinaboonline: 10:50pm On Dec 18, 2020
Yes I'm a novice.
Benzoway:

You're a novice to believe that anyone can get you an Australian work visa for 800k.
Re: 300k Paid. How Can I Get My Money Back From A Dubious Agent? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 18, 2020
ibinaboonline:
Yes I'm a novice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

''Nigeria Is My America!" - Gambian Businesswoman In Lagos Declares (Video) / Nigerian Lady Hails The Italian Government After They Blessed Her With Provision / Motor Accident Kills 3 In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.