Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,964 members, 7,810,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Crypto Currency Investors Thread - Investment (2904) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Currency Investors Thread (3279174 Views)

The Metaverse Investors Thread / NFT Investors Thread / Sh!t Coin Investors Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2901) (2902) (2903) (2904) (2905) (2906) (2907) ... (3635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Tonyblaze89: 4:55pm On Nov 14, 2022
Todil:

I saw two $op. Optimism or onplanet.
Then what about $paper, please.
Optimism it is!!!

4 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Siberia01(m): 6:17pm On Nov 14, 2022
angry

Buy or wait?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Emperor550(m): 6:30pm On Nov 14, 2022
Siberia01:
angry

Buy or wait?
Depends on the coin ,I suggest you buy Ethereum, don't spend more than 30% of your capital so that if it drops more you can buy again.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by GRACEGLORY: 6:35pm On Nov 14, 2022
GRACEGLORY:

Market on the rescue

Possible bounce ?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by lalalista: 7:29pm On Nov 14, 2022
deflover:

So something drop
With more drops coming
Instead of u to advise the person to sell and wait to buy at a cheaper price
U played the emotion card
This is the problem I have with all u YouTube students of trading
No skills
No understanding of the market
Yet una go dey open mouth if we dey talk
Smh
you're very correct. I wish I followed your advice. I'm regretting now

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Iamyemmie: 7:38pm On Nov 14, 2022
Does this mean we can buy directly from binance now

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Goldbw122(m): 7:44pm On Nov 14, 2022
Iamyemmie:
They are really going far.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Omobola121(f): 8:36pm On Nov 14, 2022
I don't know bro. I'm in Nigeria presently. But Remitano/Binance arb is still profitable as at this evening.

Shanid:

Good morning to you ma , how is your baby ? Please I have a question for you ....is it possible to do arbitrage in the UK or USA using remitano ?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Omobola121(f): 8:39pm On Nov 14, 2022
You are not buying from Binance directly. It is an upgraded P2P method because you will still be paired with a seller just that these sellers are verified merchants.

Iamyemmie:

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by lrman(m): 8:44pm On Nov 14, 2022
Omobola121:
You are not buying from Binance directly. It is an upgraded P2P method because you will still be paired with a seller just that these sellers are verified merchants.

Exactly..
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Iamyemmie: 8:46pm On Nov 14, 2022
Omobola121:

I’m seeing abeg,chippercash and stuffs
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Legalverify: 8:46pm On Nov 14, 2022
Vanilla prepaid card with C*V-V available.

All sales at 85%

WhatsApp - +*234*706:457’12”75
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 14, 2022
Iamyemmie:
I got the email too and was surprised myself..
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by OllyArt(m): 10:21pm On Nov 14, 2022
Felixamos:

I got the email too and was surprised myself..
Iamyemmie:

Na d same p2p jawe
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Miril: 11:22pm On Nov 14, 2022
What's going on with BTC? Crypto is down and investors selling off their assets... Is it a good time to invest right now? I also look for a reliable bank, any recommendations? I tried to contact first premier bank customer service but couldn't reach them. I'll make one more try a bit later.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by lrman(m): 1:37am On Nov 15, 2022
Miril:
What's going on with BTC?

The same thing going on with it for months now..
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by GRACEGLORY: 9:24am On Nov 15, 2022
GRACEGLORY:

Possible bounce ?

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Tohmey(m): 9:44am On Nov 15, 2022
Help!
Should i buy BTC now for long term holding or should i wait to dip more below $12,000
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by NotBeenPaid: 10:01am On Nov 15, 2022
Tohmey:
Help!
Should i buy BTC now for long term holding or should i wait to dip more below $12,000

Yeah, wait more until it dips below $8,000.

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by GRACEGLORY: 10:32am On Nov 15, 2022
Don’t get too excited…. They lay ambush
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by IgiveLadiesBj(m): 11:06am On Nov 15, 2022
SUMMARY OF THE FTX SAGA EXPLAINED BRIEFLY.

FTX began 2022 as the third-largest crypto exchange in the world, with a valuation of over $32 billion. Eleven months later, FTX filed for bankruptcy and plunged the crypto landscape into chaos. Here's what happened:

The Background: On Nov. 2, Coindesk reported on a leaked balance sheet from Alameda Research. Alameda is a hedge fund run by Sam Bankman-Fried, the founder and erstwhile CEO of FTX.

Both organizations are separate entities, however, the leaked balance sheet suggested that Alameda held about $5.5 billion worth of FTT in collateral and debt leverages. A hedge fund holding a large amount of one asset led the crypto-community to raise questions about the relationship between FTX and Alameda.

On Nov. 6, Alameda CEO Caroline Ellison said that the leaked balance sheet was just ''a subset of our corporate entities,'' and that other assets worth over $10 billion aren't listed.

The Crisis: On Nov. 6, Changpeng Zhao said this on Twitter:

''As part of Binance's exit from FTX equity last year, Binance received roughly $2.1 billion USD equivalent in cash (BUSD and FTT). Due to recent revelations that have came to light, we have decided to liquidate any remaining FTT on our books.''

There was another tweet that drew attention:

''Liquidating our FTT is just post-exit risk management, learning from LUNA. We gave support before, but we won't pretend to make love after divorce. We are not against anyone. But we won't support people who lobby against other industry players behind their backs. Onwards.''

The next day, Sam Bankman-Fried fired off a series of tweets, accusing ''a competitor'' for creating FUD, and claiming that FTX and its assets were ''fine.'' However, analysts warned of a collapse, and these developments had traders scrambling to liquidate their FTT tokens.

Withdrawal requests amounted to over $6 billion, and data showed that stablecoin outflows on FTX reached $451 million over seven days, on Nov. 7. On Nov. 8, the FTT price dove to $15 from $22 in a matter of hours.

Just a day after claiming FTX was fine, Sam Bankman-Fried announced that FTX was facing a liquidity crunch, and that they had come to an agreement to sell the exchange to Binance.

CZ announced that Binance had signed a nonbinding letter of intent to acquire FTX, but they also reserved the right to ''pull out from the deal at any time.'' On Nov. 9, Binance pulled out of the deal, citing ''mishandled customer funds and alleged US agency investigations.''

The websites of FTX Ventures and Alameda Research went dark, and Sam Bankman Fried reportedly called on investors for $8 billion in emergency funding to cover the liquidity crunch.

On Nov. 11, FTX filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the U.S. Bankman-Fried stepped down as CEO and has been succeeded by John J. Ray III. FTX US resigned from the Crypto Council for Innovation and announced that they may halt trading on the platform in a few days.

The Aftermath: These developments rocked the crypto markets the Bitcoin price plummeted to a multi-year low of $15,600. FTT itself dropped to $1.3. Just days after Solana announced its partnership with Google Cloud, the token dropped 65% to $13.

Nearly all major stablecoins lost their dollar pegs as market volatility and redemptions surged, but most recovered as the markets stabilized. According to a report by Glassnode, BTC exchange outflows hit a historic high of 106,000 BTC per month. This suggests that investors are increasingly moving their holdings to self-custody solutions following FTX's collapse.

Subsequently, Binance and other exchanges including OKX, Kucoin, Huobi, Bitfinex, and Crypto.com have committed to issuing a proof-of-reserves attestation in the coming days, weeks, or months.

The market seems to have stabilized BTC trades at $16,500 at the time of writing but analysts and traders warn that the downside may not be over yet.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by GRACEGLORY: 1:38pm On Nov 15, 2022
Tohmey:
Help!

Perhaps, @3K

You’re already in the best period to buy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by GRACEGLORY: 1:39pm On Nov 15, 2022
Staying in cash isn’t a great option considering the high rate of inflation
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Icecream4U(m): 1:43pm On Nov 15, 2022
Tohmey:
Help!
12k is still high. Why not buy when it dips to 2k?

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by lrman(m): 1:53pm On Nov 15, 2022
Icecream4U:

grin grin grin grin Be nice

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by NgreadNews(m): 2:02pm On Nov 15, 2022
Get in If you trade. The information is free. Telegram @theforexpreacher

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Siberia01(m): 2:05pm On Nov 15, 2022
NgreadNews:
Get in If you trade. The information is free. Telegram @theforexpreacher
later they will create premium channel abi

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Tohmey(m): 2:56pm On Nov 15, 2022
Icecream4U:
dont worry BTC must surely touch 10k before the end of this year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Robnectar(m): 2:59pm On Nov 15, 2022
lol..... some peepz no get chill at all for here grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2901) (2902) (2903) (2904) (2905) (2906) (2907) ... (3635) (Reply)

Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: SINisSIN(m), Adedotguy, TheyVid(m), 10kgod(m), BIGREEL(m), Jashub and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.