Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

Crypto Currency Investors Thread - Investment (344) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Currency Investors Thread (3298105 Views)

The Metaverse Investors Thread / NFT Investors Thread / Sh!t Coin Investors Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (3644) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by murphyrichy(m): 10:45am On Mar 11, 2021
As everywir red now, whc coin can person buy?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Omoolami100: 10:46am On Mar 11, 2021
MSEdLAW:

They don’t know

Boss abeg continue the good work.
Pls mention me if you wan drop signals next time.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by ibrutex(m): 11:02am On Mar 11, 2021
I purchased this USDT this morning but I don't understand why showing Beeteec , do I need to transfer to spot wallet before trading?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by ibrutex(m): 11:07am On Mar 11, 2021
i purchased this USDT this morning but I don't understand why showing Beeteec , do I need to transfer to spot wallet before trading?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Smileall(m): 11:09am On Mar 11, 2021
please, somebody help!!!! which coin should I buy
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Nigga44: 11:28am On Mar 11, 2021
Smileall:
please, somebody help!!!!
which coin should I buy
Don't buy any coin for now. Leave your money in ustd or busd. Wait unti btc crosses the resistance at 57k/58k or dips near psychological support of 50k.

My opinion though
#DYOR

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by daywalker12911(m): 11:48am On Mar 11, 2021
Chief why do you use Theta/Eth pair instead of say Theta/Usdt? what goes into the pair decision?

jedisco:
Theta and tfuel have been kiss

I should have loaded more tfuel.... Na better fuel finally..
Took lil profits of theta at 5.9... and will soon take some off tfuel.. looking to add some Link

Looking at the theta/eith weekly chart, its been a gem..
This is the second time I'm playing it this run. It's a good example of a bull run.. higher highs and higher lows.... And the RSI seems to have finally printed a higher high (got to wait for the weekly close though).
It keeps bouncing off the 50ema (2nd pic)... If it dips, I know where to wait for it... Likely, it goes on to have a bubble top...

Taking profits dosent necessarily have to be in cash... It can be into betece, eith or oda strong coins at significant levels also depending on market conditions.

Today was another sweet day...
Coyns I'm getting tired of holding incl ren, atom, algo, sxp, ltc.... Should close most at ATH. I'm slowly moving my focus to coyns that have broken or flipping ATH... Those are the moon boys.....

Betece is looking really bullish, but a dip to 52k ish should give alts some room to catch-up...

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Notyamate(f): 12:02pm On Mar 11, 2021
ibrutex:
I purchased this USDT this morning but I don't understand why showing Beeteec , do I need to transfer to spot wallet before trading?

Yes
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Notyamate(f): 12:05pm On Mar 11, 2021
daywalker12911:
Chief why do you use Theta/Eth pair instead of say Theta/Usdt? what goes into the pair decision?

Cos it much easier and faster that way since he's selling theta to ethy.

Instead of selling theta to usdt and buying ethy with usdt, he just used theta/ethy pair.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by tempusfugit: 12:40pm On Mar 11, 2021
LOL I SIAD 5 DOLLARS NEXT YEAR , SOME INDIVIDUALS ALMOST INSULT ME
seunny4lif:
Na sport token
Next year when the world is back to normal
CHZ will be around 10 euros because people will be back to the stadium.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by seunny4lif(m): 12:51pm On Mar 11, 2021
Most people don't read about Projects
They just join the wagon
I lost over 5K euros for that wagon shit
tempusfugit:
LOL I SIAD 5 DOLLARS NEXT YEAR , SOME INDIVIDUALS ALMOST INSULT ME

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by wwwtortoise(m): 1:04pm On Mar 11, 2021
Someone should recommend a user-friendly p2p platform
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by EarlyCareer: 1:11pm On Mar 11, 2021
MrCodeSolo:
if you are very much aware of the recent development surrounding theta coin & tfuel sudden price spikes?...$theta & $tfuel in 41 days time somewhere around 2nd week of apirl 2021 will launch the theta mainnet 3.0 that will produce the first genesis block meaning in a simple term; they will be migrating all their current erc20 compliant coins and tokens from the ethereum blockchain to run on their theta blockchain 3.0.
"for most of the other mainnet projects, the token price at the mainnet launch time is higher than that 90 days before and 90 days after the mainnet launch, which means the price increased before the mainnet launch and decreased after the mainnet launch"...look at $ont as at 2018, it was traded at $5.24 per coin before the launch... But today where is ONT coin sitting? At a stagnant $1.11 per coin position though temporal giving by the volatility nature of the crypto realm..a lot could happen to price actions with 24hrs..so many other altcoins tend to follow similar pattern prior to pre-launching of their mainnet or even testnet and a dwindling price of 10% to 400% afterwards..vechain, Tron, eos etc..they all went throw dz same pattern..and the one that happened most recently; $ada. It was trading at $0.8 - 0.9 per coin before the march 1st 2021 project Mary hard fork launch that will usher in the deployment of smart contract features for the creation of third-party dapps on cardano blockchain. We saw $ada spiking $1.30 per coin just three days before the launch...analysts described $ada as the next altcoin to take the moonshot to $10...but she currently sits at $1.12
$Theta and $tfuel will face same pattern and so it has been for several other altcoins before them.

My not-a-financial advice analysis.. I will wait for a dip of $theta or $tfuel to retest their support levels previous-one or two time back before going 50% in and apply the concept of dollar-cost averaging and buy 25% more should it dip further, another 25% more during the price dip episodes probably...then wait it all out with my use of proper stop-loss and OCO LIMIT, for a week after the launch to dispose all my $theta bags and just like some previous projects back, there is always a staggering month or two of price dip after the mainnet launch...I may come back and buy 50% more from my available bal. And look elsewhere.
Why should it have to be this way? a little lesson on repeated pattern of crypto history.

Posted below is an extract from the
21CRYPTOS |
MAGAZINE
How Mainnet Launches Affect Price was written by David Akilo, and it’s included in issue #12 of 21Cryptos Magazine:

So, what’s a mainnet?

A mainnet is a blockchain network that is capable of transferring a digital currency from a sender to a recipient. This is the network where transactions take place on a distributed ledger and are a step-up from testnets which merely test the transaction functionality of the blockchain network. The mainnet helps give investors and speculators confidence in the practicality or real-world application of the project.
Does a mainnet launch really determine project value?
Wouldn’t it be great to have a trusted indicator for knowing when the price of a coin will go up? Some investors think a mainnet launch is the best way to tell if a coin will reach the ‘moon,’ but the truth is, it doesn’t always pan out this way.

Paying some attention to the crypto market will reveal that many tokens get huge spikes around the time of their mainnet launch; this is no surprise since we have already established the fact that mainnets boost the investor’s confidence in a project. However, something else happens after the initial price hike, the value gained seems to trickle down a few weeks after the mainnet.

There are two possible reasons for this. It could be that there has been a miscalculation regarding the actual value of the project or the price of these tokens has been artificially inflated only to be sold off for profit. Any of these two outcomes are realistic in the current crypto market; however, it is difficult to actually get a read for how mainnets affect cryptocurrencies, because the current market structure’s loose regulations make it tough to determine the real base value for any cryptocurrency.

coolwe shall see..#teamHODLERS! we will hoard for life...but in the meantime a little 5-20% bull rise in the weekly altcoin market spot trading won't hurt or strip me of my hodler's badge. I should to be both...bcuz my loyalty lies in the profits I make off selling and buying cryptos and not to some hibernating nomenclature extension called "hodling".

Brother, na money all of us dey find o whether trading or holding! All is allowed.

Good feedback though, you are right. We should be prepared for anything.

Theta have since switched from erc20 to their own mainnet. This version 3.0 is an improvement to staking and burning of tfuel. In their launches so far, price has steadily increased apart from the huge dip in March last year.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 2:38pm On Mar 11, 2021
Crazeworld:
Can you give examples please

Sometimes, when a coyn breaks thru ATH, it comes back to retest that level before accelerating.

I see vet, uni and one currently doing that. Also ksm

Aside those, I'm slowly getting into dot as it's one coin that seems to run with betece.
Also looking at Sushi.... It usually lags uni.
I've got some doge for obvious reasons

Coins I may be interested to get in if they break ATH are zil, grt and srm.

My initial targets on vet would be 0.09-0.1, uni: 45-50, ksm: 450-500 and sushi: 40. Obviously, I'd be monitoring market conditions too

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 2:39pm On Mar 11, 2021
KrazyDave16:

Same thing fam. Was playing safe but the same shii I did with my $AXS bag happened again.
Took profits but looking at it go, I felt like giving meself a mental slap for not leaving a moon bag

I'll wait for it to consolidate. Till then, to other projects and memes if I'm overwhelmed grin

Hehe... Theta is a coyn that runs and runs well... So I usually give it room to do its thing

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 2:41pm On Mar 11, 2021
EarlyCareer:
Thank you Theta, and Tfuel.

Thanks Jedisco and Sailor. Still riding both since $2 and ,$0.03.

Long term holder here. Very exciting project. The only minor altcoins I am holding. Might consider CHZ and ENJ but still learning about their projects.

No wahala... You're in sweet profits then... You might also want to consider taking profits at significant levels

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 2:44pm On Mar 11, 2021
daywalker12911:

It all depends on market conditions and the tradability of the pair. Sometimes, it's into betece. But I like such clean actionable charts.

I use betece and eith cos I believe they'd outperform most projects in the long term and are also less volatile. Generally, I chart projects against those. If I think a coyn is not going to outperform betece, why hold it
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Tolu181: 2:51pm On Mar 11, 2021
BNB doing bnb things
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Tolu181: 2:52pm On Mar 11, 2021
EarlyCareer:

Long term holder here. Very exciting project. The only minor altcoins I am holding. Might consider CHZ and ENJ but still learning about their projects.

you are rich as fvck now
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Plus10(m): 2:52pm On Mar 11, 2021
BN.B to the moon!
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by murphyrichy(m): 2:57pm On Mar 11, 2021
who's watching B.NB moves...
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by murphyrichy(m): 3:03pm On Mar 11, 2021
wwwtortoise:
Someone should recommend a user-friendly p2p platform
its Bi.nance you can use this link https://www.bi.nance.com/en/register?ref=52174371 to register. remove the dot inbetween the bi.nance to register.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by EarlyCareer: 3:06pm On Mar 11, 2021
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by EarlyCareer: 3:08pm On Mar 11, 2021
jedisco:

No wahala... You're in sweet profits then... You might also want to consider taking profits at significant levels

Sure. Will move some soon to eth and btc as mainnet v3 launches.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by KrazyDave16(m): 3:09pm On Mar 11, 2021
jedisco:

Hehe... Theta is a coyn that runs and runs well... So I usually give it room to do its thing
Me RN checking the chartscry

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by mattyboy007(m): 3:19pm On Mar 11, 2021
murphyrichy:
who's watching B.NB moves...
Omo the tin dey vex
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by KrazyDave16(m): 3:32pm On Mar 11, 2021
EarlyCareer:

Gratz amigo!

My advice is you set take profits levels if you feel it can go up before the bears show up or set a stoploss if you feel the bears will show up.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 4:29pm On Mar 11, 2021
EarlyCareer:

Sure. Will move some soon to eth and btc as mainnet v3 launches.

Personally, I dont bother so much about the news... I focus more on the charts... I believe the news most times are already priced in

When something pumps very quick, the dips are also quick.

A measured move on the eith chart shows there's been an average of 35% increase between the last 3 peaks. That should correspond to between 0.0042-0.0044... I'd be looking to take 25% into eith at this level and watch what happens. Generally, I prefer taking profits on the way up rather than on the way down

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by emsco(m): 4:44pm On Mar 11, 2021
I want to buy my first crypto, pls recommend a way i can get it since CBN has banned using bank account for purchasing crypto
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by murphyrichy(m): 4:47pm On Mar 11, 2021
emsco:
I want to buy my first crypto, pls recommend a way i can get it since CBN has banned using bank account for purchasing crypto
u buy tro P2P, meanwhile whc Website do u intend to trade with?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by EarlyCareer: 5:19pm On Mar 11, 2021
jedisco:

Personally, I dont bother so much about the news... I focus more on the charts... I believe the news most times are already priced in

When something pumps very quick, the dips are also quick.

A measured move on the eith chart shows there's been an average of 35% increase between the last 3 peaks. That should correspond to between 0.0042-0.0044... I'd be looking to take 25% into eith at this level and watch what happens. Generally, I prefer taking profits on the way up rather than on the way down

Sure, bro.

Honestly, I am not too concerned with a correction (which must surely happen). I am keeping majority of what I have in theta till year end while I monitor the project.

The upside potential is too much. The team is solid. Sony just joined as a validator. Looking good so far.

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by emsco(m): 5:20pm On Mar 11, 2021
murphyrichy:
u buy tro P2P, meanwhile whc Website do u intend to trade with?
Thanks for your response bro.I really appreciate.
I'm thinking of Binace, which other one do you suggest?
is Luno offering P2P too?

(1) (2) (3) ... (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) ... (3644) (Reply)

Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: SUPERPACK and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.