Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Crypto Currency Investors Thread - Investment (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Crypto Currency Investors Thread (3298224 Views)

The Metaverse Investors Thread / NFT Investors Thread / Sh!t Coin Investors Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (3644) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by AerialMapper: 3:40pm On Mar 20, 2021
Just exposed myself to STRAX, RSR and SLP.

Keeping my fingers crossed
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by noony926: 3:46pm On Mar 20, 2021
LauraClasikVibe:
Cryptocurrency Lingo

✍HODL

A spin on the investing lingo ‘hold’ — Hold On for Dear Life. A crypto trader who buys a coin and does not see himself selling in the foreseeable future is called a hodler of the coin.

✍FOMO

Short form for ‘fear of missing out’. The feeling when you see a huge green Love Machine on a chart and you don’t own that coin, so you sell other shit to buy into it freaking out. As crypto trading is still very much driven by emotions rather than valuation, FOMO is a huge factor to consider when swing trading in crypto.

✍FUD

Short form for ‘fear, uncertainty and doubt’. Usually used in the form of “Bleep spreading FUD again.”
Example: JPMorgan’s Dimonspread FUD by saying Bitcoin is a fraud that will eventually blow up.

✍ATH

Short form for “All-Time High”. Therefore it means the highest historical price of a specific coin.

✍Whale

A huge player who has a substantial amount of capital. Whales are often the market movers for small alt-coins too due to their huge capital.

✍Pump and Dump

The recurring cycle of an Altcoin getting a spike in price followed by a huge crash. Such movements are often attributed to low volume, hence the ‘pump’. Traders who pump, buying huge volumes, may wish to invoke FOMO from the uninformed investors and then dump, or sell, their coins at a higher price.

✍Shill

The act of unsolicited endorsing of the coin in public. Traders who bought a coin has an interest in shilling the coin, in hopes of igniting the public’s interest in that particular coin.

✍Bag Holder

A term to refer to a trader who bought in at a high and missed his opportunity to sell, leaving him with worthless coins.

✍Margin Trading

A term for ‘trading with leverage’. In this instance of trading, you borrow one side of the trading pair at an agreed loan rate and sell it for the other side of the trading pair. Depending on the direction you believe the market to move, you may place a long or a short bet on the trading pair of concern...

✍Long

A position that a trader takes. To take a long position on something is to believe its value will rise in the future.

✍Short

A position that a trader takes. To take a short position on a coin is to believe its value will fall in the future.

✍Limit Order

An order placed at a future price that will execute when the price target is hit.

✍Borrowing Rate

When you open a leveraged position, you will be borrowing coins at a pre-determined rate. This rate will be added to reflect your position’s overall profit and loss.

✍Lending Rate

Some exchanges have lending accounts. You may deposit your coins into these lending accounts to lend your coins for others to execute their leveraged trades. The lending rate fluctuates throughout the day based on the demand for shorting the coin.

✍Fill or Kill

A limit order that will not execute unless an opposite order exceeds this limit order’s amount.

✍BUY | SELL Wall

A wall as seen in the depth chart of exchanges is an amalgamation of limit orders of the same price target.

✍Altcoin

“Alternate coin” so it is everything other than Bitcoin (BTC). Bitcoin is the main index for cryptocurrency market. If BTC goes up, other coins go up. If BTC goes down, other coins go down.

✍Circulating Supply

The price of a coin has no meaning on its own. However, the price of a coin, when multiplied by the circulating supply, gives the coin’s market cap.

✍Market Cap.

A stock’s market cap refers to the market value of the company’s outstanding shares.
In the cryptocurrency market, the market cap is used to illustrate a coin’s dominance in the entire cryptocurrency market.

✍DDOS

Short form for ‘Distributed Denial of Service’.
A well-timed DDoS attack at exchanges during volatile movements may be devastating as traders will not be able to execute any order manually and will be at the mercy of their pre-set, or the lack of, limit orders.

✍ICO

Short form for “Initial Coin Offerring

https://www.nairaland.com/6441823/boom-part-1-crypto-vocab

A way to go, I really love this... Thanks to Op

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Hamzashaf99(f): 3:46pm On Mar 20, 2021
Failtech:
Who’s still holding OMI. Good time to buy more as it dipped a bit
Which exchange? I couldn't find it on bnance
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by noony926: 4:22pm On Mar 20, 2021
MrCodeSolo:
I will be borrowing one of the many @jedison's analysis to explain what they call support & resistance level....
If the price of coin rallies upwards from a last red candle bar to a green candle bar and comes another longer green bar and then continue to swap and trend upwards...on a 4hr or 8hr or a day chart for example.

Looking downwards from d starting of the uptrend movement where it starts with the very first red candle bar and the green candle bar and underline it with a horizontal line below the red is your support and if u mark or underline the top of d first green before the longer green candle bar is your resistance level...

So as a coin rallies upwards, it continues to create further resistance levels after ever breakout from the previous resistance levels...and if the price should fall drastically...it will always use some of its previous resistance levels as its support level....just underlined below every strong red & green candle bar depending on how far it falls; .... various traders are trapped on this price levels on the previous supports or other small reds candles near any resistance levels. some traders are already waiting to offload dia bags on the next price momentum as new more traders are entering the market to trade the price up or beat it further down to a revisit to or retest a former resistance or support level; hence the circle of trendlines oscillating loops continues either uptrend or downtrend.

Mostly the dip prices are normally near areas of previous support levels...and it will stay that way before bouncing. But it continues to fall dipper, then it's a crash.

The most important level is 0.44 which was
once a resistance level more like an all-time high price level. U see, now...most traders are currently trapped below that $0.44 price level just bcuz they bought at a price higher than the level let say $0.66 another breakout level that was supposed to be another resistance level but got rejected at or further pushed down from that position...xem is still hovering at the 0.33-0.36 range support level range.

that means falling down from the steps to take any former levels that where once resistance levels to make it her area of support. i.e a price region or range where she rests as she further consolidate.
press 'LIKE' if u understand or tap 'SHARE' if y'all don't.

With time, I will come to understand all this. I will put more effort in searching info online. And thanks for this, but you could have give us a little illustration with pictures.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by strom: 4:29pm On Mar 20, 2021
Hamzashaf99:

Which exchange? I couldn't find it on bnance

On bitmax

I bought 2 days ago didn't put stop loss, now I'm about 20% down.

Bought more on the dip as they usually say, I hope I am on the right track

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Ojemedad: 4:59pm On Mar 20, 2021
This is me...

9 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by MrCodeSolo: 5:00pm On Mar 20, 2021
noony926:

With time, I will come to understand all this. I will put more effort in searching info online. And thanks for this, but you could have give us a little illustration with pictures.
u want nairaland bot to ban me again for d 4th time dz month...just google resistance and support level timechart pics...green= rise in price...red = visversa

7 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Kingdemu: 5:17pm On Mar 20, 2021
Pls for a beginner, between the website and the mobile App of Binance, which one is easier to understand and to navigate?. And what coin or token will you recommend I invest in for long term holding of say 1yr? Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by murphyrichy(m): 5:22pm On Mar 20, 2021
Kingdemu:
How do I contact you
you can drop ur message here.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by murphyrichy(m): 5:23pm On Mar 20, 2021
Kingdemu:
Pls for a beginner, between the website and the mobile App of Binance, which one is easier to understand and to navigate?. And what coin or token will you recommend I invest in for long term holding of say 1yr? Thanks
The App will help you more, go n watch d videos their. To understand how it works.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Kingdemu: 5:33pm On Mar 20, 2021
murphyrichy:
you can drop ur message here.
Am I to buy using my Naira Mastercard or how do I get to make purchase after I identify the coin I want?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by phenzy(m): 5:36pm On Mar 20, 2021
Kingdemu:

The app is better
You can download the app on google playstore. You can use my referral code we both get 20% commission
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 5:37pm On Mar 20, 2021
Tamel:

Lol have you seen LINK. grin

Lol... The old guards are annoying...
Eith, ltc, link and until now xrp and xlm...

I believe they'd sure have their time especially eith and link... One thing with link is that it does its stuff when it wants to
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Kingdemu: 5:38pm On Mar 20, 2021
phenzy:

The app is better
You can download the app on google playstore. You can use my referral code we both get 20% commission
Sorry but I've already signed up mate. My issue is how I can get to purchase my first crypto. Do I use my card or how do I go about it?
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 5:41pm On Mar 20, 2021
EarlyCareer:

You're correct. But Fundamentals still are a good factor too, TA definitely especially for timing entry and exit. It is important.

Did more reading on UOS. They are far behind on their roadmap, infact they have missed deadlines now for 2 years - since 2019. No clarity for now, but they seem to be working more more on their product though, but the red flags are hard to ignore. Not investing.

On theta, the next pump will determine alot... If it blasts thru 10 to say 13-15, then 20 is only a matter of time... I like the way it's consolidating above 8... Hopefully, ut doesn't fall back into range.

I'd look into UOS...
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 5:44pm On Mar 20, 2021
Seems xrp has woken up...After weeks of being a stable coin

5 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 20, 2021
priceaction:
out of DOGE for IOST.. Doge is slow for my liking...IOST good buy for me. Do your analysis well if you wanna join. 4hr/daily/3day and momentum looking good.

BUYING IOST and dumping DOGE : BEST DECISIONS I MADE THIS WEEK. AT TIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO DUMP SOME COINS AND GO WITH BETTER SET UP... I am loving what am seeing on IOST , with good momentum. The coming week will likely flow with it.

.....I dont know how to buy the dip ( or hold a falling knife) , i only know how to trade the momentum up north (or hold the knife when it has done falling)...

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by BigMiracle(m): 5:51pm On Mar 20, 2021
There's no reason to sell. Let history of the last 10 years guide you. I know alot of you here were probably still in middle school.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by damzy88: 5:51pm On Mar 20, 2021
jedisco:
Seems xrp has woken up...After weeks of being a stable coin
xrp will blow boss.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by DieRich5: 5:53pm On Mar 20, 2021
pls guys I fit use Binance without verifying d acct cus I ain't gat passport to verify.

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Tamel(m): 6:00pm On Mar 20, 2021
jedisco:

Lol... The old guards are annoying...
Eith, ltc, link and until now xrp and xlm...

I believe they'd sure have their time especially eith and link... One thing with link is that it does its stuff when it wants to
That coin still dey owe me money . I'm holding long term.
Just refuses to move past 30, just like DOT and 39

1 Like

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 6:08pm On Mar 20, 2021
damzy88:
xrp will blow boss.

Hehe... I hope betece doesn't dump...
Of recent, it only starts pumping when betece want's to dump... Coyn wey no get head

2 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by jedisco(m): 6:10pm On Mar 20, 2021
Tamel:

That coin still dey owe me money . I'm holding long term.
Just refuses to move past 30, just like DOT and 39

Still got some Link not too long ago... Might be wrong but there's this confidence I have holding link that I don't have with other coyns... Perhaps cos of its history... Hope it doesn't cause wahala this time
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by iLegendd(m): 6:17pm On Mar 20, 2021
I always tell my students to coin an acronym for 12 coins they'll invest in. This way, when the market crashes, they immediately rush to those coins to take a position again and get more in the dip.

When market crashes, most people are always confused on the coin to purchase — don't be one of them.

If any of the coins rises so high, they cash out and wait for another dip. It's swing trading while HODL'ing.

After coming up with your 5 or 12 coins, do the following

1. You allocate a certain amount to each coin
2. You install The Cry.pto App and set a 1.3 and 5.3% voice alert for each.
3. You use the remainder to play with new alt coins that have momentum or you're early in via Bin.ance Smart Chain or Uni.swap.
4. You reinvest or try some leverage trading at a low percentage (at your own risk).
5. DYOR

Acronyms keep you organized and when you're organized, you take a better risk. One of my Cryp.to acronyms — which I'm not supposed to show you, but decided to, is BOLD ACHIEVER. See the picture below to see the coins.

As a bold achiever, who is organized and loves taking bold risks, you need to "just do it."

Two days ago or thereabout, on this thread, someone mentioned Bitm.ax and Bit.forex. I know about them, but never took them seriously, but this time around...

1. I just opened my browser,
2. Created an account on both,
3. Transfered a token I won't be bothered if I lose ($100) from my Bin.ance account to Bit.Max account and from the 100 in my BM account, I sent $55 to my Bit.Forex account.

I just did the above to see if the money can go round and finally come back to my Binance account. Yes, it worked. I even opened 3 more accounts on different exchanges like Kucoin, etc.

These accounts are just for temporary HODL'ing of new coins that aren't listed on Bina.nce, Coin.base, and other big exchanges or swapping platforms like PancakeSwap, Uni.Swap, etc.

You see, this is why I said you should be organized first. If you aren't organized and you try to do what I did above, you'll get burnt.

Five minutes or less, after creating my Bit.max account, I bought an unknown coin called Oro with a pairing of Oro/US.DT.

It didn't take long and the coin shot to the moon. Guess what? My voice alert app alerted me and I immediately cashed out something handsome enough to pay for my 1 week feeding. At least, it's a good welcome gift for the risk I took. Yes, I didn't use stop limit for a reason.

I'd love to share more juicy things that happened, but I don't want to bore you.

In summary, be organized or be burnt and take risks you can handle — be a BOLD ACHIEVER.

Yes, I want to appreciate the commenter that talked about Bit.max. One love.

Oh, I forgot. The acronym is subject to minor modifications and after my initial victory, I decided to fund all my new exchanges with as much as I could while taking risk management into account.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by MrCodeSolo: 6:19pm On Mar 20, 2021
@Avast, i will be taking my position on fet ai. coin by sunday midnight or early monday btw 4-6am...from what I see, fet is starting to dip...so far by 5.3% as at now shocked
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by noony926: 6:23pm On Mar 20, 2021
MrCodeSolo:
u want nairaland bot to ban me again for d 4th time dz month...just google resistance and support level timechart pics...green= rise in price...red = visversa

Eh, well they will not ban you again. Do you mind if I DM you.
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by MrCodeSolo: 6:25pm On Mar 20, 2021
noony926:

ok...no p
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by omoluabiguy: 6:31pm On Mar 20, 2021
noony926:
What am I not doing right? Not too long I started this cryptocurrency daily trading hoping to be making at least 2-3k daily with N106,000k. Three days into it, I make some cool N28,000 simple by monitoring coins that rise it green light and I will buy and sell at once, sometimes I do make 2k,3k,4k I was so happy, and I thought it will be so good...
But as I am writing now, I am just left with 15k of my initial capital. I don't know how it happened. I kept buying and intend to sell but i found out that almost immediately i bought a coin on a green light it began to fall down...
I know it's not all rosy at the beginning, but I still believe that I can bounce back with this remaining 15k. Anyone who can assist me should pls tell me how this thing is been done, I will really appreciate it.
Meanwhile, I have been reading a whole lot of info online as a newbie but still nothing changed.
The gurus in the house should pls give me a tip. I am really eager to perfect this trading..Anyone who have been in my shoe before should assist me. Pls guys I am begging. I don't even mind traveling afar to meet someone who will mentor me on this trade. I live in Onitsha...Guys pls I need help. I believe this my N15k can still perform wonders only if I can get the right channel.

What you are doing wrong is “buying a coin on its way up”. Never buy a coin on green/on its way up! Research about a coin and buy the dip. Also, it’s a game of patience and tactics. It’s deeper than just buying and selling. Subscribe to my YouTube channel. I’ll be making a video about how blockchain works!

https://youtube.com/channel/UCwNrlP_X_VV4vg00P2QmDnw

3 Likes

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Gsilk(f): 6:39pm On Mar 20, 2021
Tamel:

Lol have you seen LINK. grin

Omo!!! That one is another one. It doesn’t budge, every time I see it the price is the same! The chart will show it fluctuated a little o but when me I see it it’s the same price I saw in January grin grin
Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by MrCodeSolo: 6:46pm On Mar 20, 2021
noony926:

Re: Crypto Currency Investors Thread by Jerry59: 6:47pm On Mar 20, 2021
VET is doing well cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (3644) (Reply)

Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: Hadizometer, Seunpapa65 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.